Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by dandelionlyl@Feb 7th, 2004 - 12:45 am
I read some reports about Princess Alexandra in newpaper in 1995 ,which said that Joachim met  Alexandra at a  Chinese party in Hongkong .But in China I haven't find any reports about Alexandra before her engagement. :p
Wow, she looks so pretty there! I haven't seen that picture before.

Does anyone else think that Alexandra's Asian features really stand out for someone who is only 1/4 Asian?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Beebee she loks very pretty and about her feactures. Her father genes must be very strong. One of her other siters lokks kind of chinese but not some much. Fiona how did you find out about her chinese name? Do you live in China?

alexandra is really beautiful. i must say that most eurasian women i know are also very striking.

Most Eurasian women, I've met, look very Asian (except for three). Sometimes, I think they are Asian until they tell me that they are also half European. Alexandra doesn't look Eurasian to me. If I didn't know her ancestry, I would have assumed she was Asian. Her youngest sisters, Martina and Nicola, look very Eurasian.

While lots of attention will be paid to Frederik and Mary's children and their growing family, I don't think Joachim, Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix will be "lost" in the shadows at all. They may not get as much attention with Frederik's growing family, but they certainly won't get no attention at all.

And as another post mentioned, maybe Joachim and Alexandra are looking forward to less attention on them and their family; maybe Frederik and Mary and their family taking some of the media attention away from Joachim and Alexandra and their family is a bit of a relief; a good thing.
Yes. Who knows. Maybe Alex and Joachim would appreciate being the "spare." Their sons can choose their own careers and life goals in a way that Fred and Mary's children can't.

Queen Beatrix of Holland. Her oldest son was born into the job of future "king" but his two brothers chose their own careers as Investment bankers and etc. They can live in London permanently without concern... Same for Princess Martha Louise (Haakon's sister). Didn't she move to New York?

I* first read some reports about Princess Alexandra in newpaper in 1995 ,which said that Joachim met* Alexandra at a* Chinese party in Hongkong .But in China I haven't find any reports about Alexandra before her engagement. :p
Wow, she looks so pretty there! I haven't seen that picture before.

Does anyone else think that Alexandra's Asian features really stand out for someone who is only 1/4 Asian?
My husband is also 1/4 Asian, and like Alex, his asian features really stand out. I guess it is the random process of the gene pool.

Originally posted by Times2222@Feb 9th, 2004 - 5:04 pm
Queen Beatrix of Holland. Her oldest son was born into the job of future "king" but his two brothers chose their own careers as Investment bankers and etc. They can live in London permanently without concern... Same for Princess Martha Louise (Haakon's sister). Didn't she move to New York?
Actually, I believe both of Beatrix's sons are back in the Netherlands now. I think Constantijn and Lauretien said in an interview before Eloise was born that they wanted to raise her in Holland so that she could be familiar with the culture and Dutch language and surrounded by her family.

And Martha Louis and family have postponed their move to New York temporarily to help out Haakon and the Queen as King Harald recovers from cancer.

Actually, I believe both of Beatrix's sons are back in the Netherlands now. I think Constantijn and Lauretien said in an interview before Eloise was born that they wanted to raise her in Holland so that she could be familiar with the culture and Dutch language and surrounded by her family.

And Martha Louis and family have postponed their move to New York temporarily to help out Haakon and the Queen as King Harald recovers from cancer. [/b]

But even to have the freedom to choose to live in London, in NY, or whereever is the privilege of the spare. No?

How many languages does Alexandra speak? I now she speaks English,German,Catanese(sp),French and Danish. But I read that she speaks 8 or 7 languages.

The links about her trip to Africa did not work for me, but the 1st 4 links did.

Originally posted by pepperann
I've always found it amazing how Princess Alexandra's half Chinese half Austrian. Prince Joachim married an Eurasian. That always made me curious, but I find her extremely pretty. Does anyone have pictures of her when she was younger?
She is Eurasian, but not half Chinese half Austrian... she's acutally 25% Chinese, 25% British and 50% Austrian/Polish (25% each if you like). Also, you can find some pics of her when she was younger at this site =)

Princess Alexandra News and Pictures: September 2004 - December 2004

In light of the fact that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra are now seperated and soon to be divorcecd, here is a seperate thread for News and Pictures of Princess Alexandra as she embarks on her new life and carries on with her various royal duties and obligations.

Last edited:
Yes, Paulette, I saw all four pictures which made me very very sad for Nicholas (and his brother, Felix) .. with one of his hands held by his mother and the other by his father. I know there's two sides to every story but I'm just crestfallen over the end of this marriage. I had no idea "what" was coming down the pike. Absolutely no idea. There's been mention of his "womanizing" and his "drinking", but is that the "real" reason for the breakup. It was very noble of Alexandra to come out and say that "both were at fault". I'm a stern believer in "marriage counseling" when it is needed and I just wish they would "give it a whirl" to be able to resolve their problems .. however, it sounds as though it just may be "too late" to do anything to save that marriage ... but, maybe, I can still, at least, "hope".

Polfoto 25-09-2004 Midtsjællændere i stort tal mødte frem på Roskilde Gasværk, lørdag, da prinsesse Alexandra kastede glans over åbningen af en maleriudstilling af den litauiske kunstner Vilmantas Marcinkevicius. (Jens Dige/POLFOTO)

Attachments

• manely-2.jpg
    manely-2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 304
  • manely-3.jpg
    manely-3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 620
  • manely-4.jpg
    manely-4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 238
  • manely-5.jpg
    manely-5.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 229
  • manely-6.jpg
    manely-6.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 262
  • manely-7.jpg
    manely-7.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 218
  • manely-1.jpg
    manely-1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 253
P. Alexandra looks every bit a [rincess. P. Joachim seems like an ugly toad. How could he "chuck" his marraige like this? He deserves every unkind word written about him in the press.

She looks very pretty in these pictures; some of the nicest I have seen of her. Has she removed her wedding ring?

Thanks for the pics Alexandria. Alexandra looks great.

bluetortuga said:
P. Alexandra looks every bit a [rincess. P. Joachim seems like an ugly toad. How could he "chuck" his marraige like this? He deserves every unkind word written about him in the press.
Its very unkind to call Joachim "an ugly toad" IMO. He might not look very good to some people, but that's no reason for name-calling.

We don't know the real reason for this break-up. Goodness, if we believe everything the press says, then should we also believe that Alex might have something going on with her lady-in-waiting's husband? Or that she's vindictive like one magazine said (I think Se og Hor or something)? Or that she was out with a tall, dark and handsome guy, got drunk, and got angry when they were told to leave? We DO NOT know... we don't know if it was him who "chucked" the marriage, and if he did, we don't know the reason why he did it.

IMO Joachim looks much happier in his last engagement (the one with the deer horns in the picture) than he did in his previous engagements this year. Well some attention is finally put on his engagements, whereas before almost everyone IGNORED his efforts - overshadowed as he was by the other members of his family (well that's just my opinion I suppose), so that's probably why he looked like did. And Alex "looks" like she's coping fine as well. So eventhough I want this couple to get back together - especially because of the poor children - if the adults themselves feel a kind of release from whatever problems they were suffering from in breaking off this marriage, then perhaps its the right thing for them to do. But again I don't really know... I would never had thought they were having problems to begin with and I doubt many people here knew as well .... which again goes to show that we don't really know anything.

bluetortuga said:

I really don't think he chucked it anymore than she did, and please remember how she came to become a princess, she married the Prince, without him she would have been nobody Royal. Also I don't think they come this far, only to turn the clock back and get back together.

I have just observed that Princess Alexandra has been looking great lately. Her attire is so impressive especially her choice of the hat. Magnificent.

I have no further comment on their divorce for I already wrote mine in the Divorce Topic. I just hope them the best of everything. =)

September 25, 2004 - Series of Scanpix pictures from www.tv2.dk

Attachments

• Scanpix1a.jpg
    Scanpix1a.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Scanpix1b.jpg
    Scanpix1b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 292
  • Scanpix1c.jpg
    Scanpix1c.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 320
  • Scanpix1d.jpg
    Scanpix1d.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Scanpix1e.jpg
    Scanpix1e.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Scanpix1f.jpg
    Scanpix1f.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Scanpix1g.jpg
    Scanpix1g.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 361
  • Scanpix1h.jpg
    Scanpix1h.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 229
paulette said:
Her attire is so impressive especially her choice of the hat. Magnificent.
This sounds crazy, but I can't help but think of Alex's hat as a cross between Mary's flowerpot hat and her oft-worn slanted topped straw hat! Alex's hat is even half felt and half straw, haha! Great minds think alike it seems... :)

Attachments

• MaryLego4.jpg
    MaryLego4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Scanpix1f.jpg
    Scanpix1f.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 241
Lovely photos! The Princess looks wonderful as usual.

~~I am a fan of CP Mary's and Princess Alexandra's asymmetrically cut hats, I think they do a great job in framing their faces quite nicely.:)

I wonder how this plays into the rumors that Frederick had a crush on Alexandra?

On another board, it is stated that Alexandra has had an affairs with wealthy business men as well as one of her ladies in waiting' husband. Has anyone else ever heard any of this remarks before?

Really there was a rumor like that????????? How interresting is that, VERY I think

michelleq said:
On another board, it is stated that Alexandra has had an affairs with wealthy business men as well as one of her ladies in waiting' husband. Has anyone else ever heard any of this remarks before?
So long as "information" -- and I use that term very loosely -- is rumour and hearsay and not confirmed by any official source, whether it be the Lord Chamberlain of Denmark, a representative for the royal family or Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra themselves, I don't think it is an appropriate topic for discussion.

As our forum rules clearly state, we are here to exchange informed, credible information, not someone else's musings or speculations.

michelleq said:
There have been nasty rumours all over the place concerning both Alexandra and Joachim. Ranging from a drink problem, and cheating with young women on Joachim's part. Then there's stories that Alexandra had affairs, or Joachim was jealous of her popularity.

There is even a really nasty rumour going around the Fredrick and Alexandra had an affair ... which is just mean!!!!!

We don't know what happened, and yes we would like to know, but that's none of our business and the last thing we need is another Diana and Charles scandal.

I apologize for mentioning that on this board. Please forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom