The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
That guy is not that hot. ANyway I too hope she gets back in the dating game. It would be awesome if he had a title.
Do you mean a title of his own? Because any person who Alexandra remarries will definately not get a title.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agisele
Do you mean a title of his own? Because any person who Alexandra remarries will definately not get a title.
We know that a second husband wouldn't get a title associated with the Danish Royal Family. I think what Reina was trying to say that it would be nice if the guy had his own title to begin with....I'm still not sure as to why that would be nice, but yeah, I think that's what she was getting at.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Courtier

so....we're not likely to see Princess Alexandra on the balcony tomolo....cuz they change the kalendar on the offical website....only the Queen and Prince Henrik will be present in the balcony...instead of "the royal family"
Old 04-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Gentry

Princess Alexandra was not on the balcony for QM's 65th birthday. Only the Queen, Henrik, Joachim, Nikoli and Felix were on the balcony. Fred and Mary are in Thailand.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Well since she probably will lose her title if she remarries (and I hoep she does) than it would be nice if she had some sort of title still. But thinking about it it is pretty shallow...
Old 04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

New title for Alexandra!

Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II has on her bithday (16 April) decided to give Princess Alexandra an additional title. She is now: Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Princess of Denmark, Countess of Fredriksborg. Or in short, H.H. Princess Alexandra, Countess of Fredriksborg.

The press release clarifies that the divorce between Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra does not change her status as a member of the Royal House, and that she will remain a Princess of Denmark with the prefix Her Highness until the day of an eventual re-marriage for her part should come.

The title Countess of Fredriksborg is Alexandra's personal title (a personal title cannot be passed down I think), and if she should re-marry she will keep this title and be ranked as Class 1.1. which would make her styled Her Excellency.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II has on her bithday (16 April) decided to give Princess Alexandra an additional title. She is now: Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Princess of Denmark, Countess of Fredriksborg. Or in short, H.H. Princess Alexandra, Countess of Fredriksborg.

The press release clarifies that the divorce between Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra does not change her status as a member of the Royal House, and that she will remain a Princess of Denmark with the prefix Her Highness until the day of an eventual re-marriage for her part should come.

The title Countess of Fredriksborg is Alexandra's personal title (a personal title cannot be passed down I think), and if she should re-marry she will keep this title and be ranked as Class 1.1. which would make her styled Her Excellency.
How wonderful! She actually has her own title now. It's nice to see that she's still appreciated for all her years of work on behalf of Denmark.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:

That's wonderful news, I'm so glad that the Queen has recognized all the work that Alexandra has done for Denmark and it's a nice gesture that signals that the Royal Family and Alexandra are still on amicable terms after the divorce.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

that good news!

I really like Queen Marthages because she very nice woman what she gives Princess Alexandra for new titles when she got divorces from Prince Joachim

Sara Boyce
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Courtier

an article from copenhagen post

Princess Alexandra is granted the title of Countess of Frederiksborg after divorcing Prince Joachim

Royal divorcee Princess Alexandra may have been degraded from 'Her Royal Highness' to just 'Her Highness' after dissolving the marriage to Prince Joachim, Queen Margrethe's younger son.

Nevertheless, the Queen granted her ex-daughter-in-law and grandsons' mother an independent title as Countess of Frederiksborg on her 65th birthday on Saturday.

The princess' title will from now on be Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, the court announced in a statement.

The statement emphasized that her title as countess was 'personal and independent of whether the princess chooses to remarry.'

Historian and museum inspector Steffen Heiberg at the Frederiksborg Museum at Hillerød, a Copenhagen suburb, said it was the first time anyone was appointed countess of Frederiksborg.

'The title has never been used before,' he told national radio news channel DR. 'The royal family probably wanted to use something else than Rosenborg, which belongs to another branch of the family. Maybe they considered that Princess Alexandra got married in Frederiksborg Slotskirke.'
Old 04-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

This seems appropriate.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

To me, this can only mean that the Queen acknowledges and appreciates what Alex has done for the royal family, and the divorce is certainly a "fault" of alex, in case anyone thinks so. Well done, Alex, and very sweet of the Queen to be so fair; and not take sides only with her son.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Courtier

I think it shows that the Queen wishes to have Princess Alex representing the royal family in the future as well, regardless of her possible marriage plans. And I think it kind of serves as a gesture that the Queen doesn't think Alex should suffer for the failure of her marriage and that it is not her fault.

I believe they chose the title countess of Frederiksborg because that title is neutral and not in use. If I am correct, countess of Schackenborg could not have been used since there is already the von Schack family (a very well-known figure in Finland, Queen Ingrid's former lady-in-waiting, countess Karin von Schack married a finnish war hero in the manor chapel in the 1950s and became Mrs. Ehrnrooth, now widowed) although they sold the manor. Also, Alex doesn't live there anymore.

In any case, a nice thing for Alex! :)
Old 04-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Courtier

I think that was such a very nice gesture from Queen Margrethe to grant Princess Alexandra a new title aside from retaining her title as Princess of Denmark. I think it would be nice to call Princess Alex as Countess of Frederiksborg also.

The Royal Family could really expect something from Princess Alex because I think even though she and Joachim are already divorced, she would still be very active in her role as Countess or Princess. She would still be involved with her tasks as patron of some organizations and she would still represent the DRF though in various ways.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 04-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

With or without a royal title we can all still expect great things from Alexandra ^___^
Old 04-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess alexandra's next engagements after her trip to Shanghai (April 25-29)

Quote:
03/05 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra deltager som æresmedlem i en del af København Zonta I's 70 års jubilæumsfest på Hotel Imperial, kl. 18.00 - 19.15.
Princess Alexandra, as Honorary Member, will attend Zonta Copenhagen's 70th anniversary party at Hotel Imperial

Quote:
04/05 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra forestår indvielsen af Århus Amts nyopførte Social- og Sundhedsskole i Paderup ved Randers, kl. 13.20 - 14.50.
Princess Alexandra will inauguerate Århus newly built Social and Health School in Paderup at Randers

Quote:
05/05 05Kronprinsparret samt H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra til stede ved den officielle indvielse af Danmarks første oplevelsespark "Danfoss Universe" samtidig med markeringen af Mads Clausens 100 års fødselsdag, kl. 10.30.
The Crown Princely Couple together with Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra will attend the official opening of Denmark's first experience park, "Danfoss Universe", coinciding with Mads Clausens birthday
Old 04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Alexandra in Shanghai to promote Danish Industries.
Day 1

Colourpress
Set 1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154088.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	131855   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154091.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	131856   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154094.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	131857   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154095.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	131858  

Name:	COLOUR10154096.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	131859   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154097.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	131860   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154098.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	131861   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154102.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	131862  

Name:	COLOUR10154103.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	131863   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154104.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	131864  
Old 04-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Colourpress
Set 2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COLOUR10154106.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	131865   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154107.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	131866   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10154108.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	131867   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP954769_guest.jpg.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	131913  

Old 04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Courtier

She looks so relaxed in her recent engagement in Shanghai.
I love her attire and she looks so cheerful in those pictures.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 04-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Princess Alexandra visits the Andy Warhol Show in Shanghai - 20050426

colourpress.com

Shanghai, CH, Former Denmark princess Alexandra visits the Andy Warhol Show at the beginning of her 3-day cultural visit in Shanghai. Photo: Hou Xiao/ Photocome
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	132511   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	132512   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	111