The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

To remove quoted image

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I didn't know where to post this (as there is no family thread), I hope it's okay here!? :)

Danish tabloid Billed-Bladet writes that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have decided that their "failed" marriage will not influece their children's life to any greater extent. They will leave for Marselisborg Palace on Friday. and will celebrate Easter together with their children and the rest of the Royal Family there, as tradition has it.
I applaud them for their decision....:)

Old 03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I didn't know where to post this (as there is no family thread), I hope it's okay here!? :)

Danish tabloid Billed-Bladet writes that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have decided that their "failed" marriage will not influece their children's life to any greater extent. They will leave for Marselisborg Palace on Friday. and will celebrate Easter together with their children and the rest of the Royal Family there, as tradition has it.

isn't this pic from last year?! i remember seeing this pic b4

Old 03-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

The picture was an old one, from last Easter when Prins Henrik took them to Tivoli in Århus. Well spotted. In Billedbladet it was said as an explanation to the photo. (I bought it this week for the TV-guide... and not really for the royal stuff. Ah, who believes me.)
Old 03-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Aristocracy

Oh, it´s nice that they do things together, so that the children can lead as "normal" a life as possible. But let´s not forget that obviously Alex has been totally "correct" in her behaviour all along, otherwise the Queen and RF would never invite her to any family event, children or not. It´s also obvious from the fact that she and the boys are still staying at Amalienborg.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think it's absolutely normal to be sad about a marriage ending, no matter what a good, brave front you put on. Joachim and their marriage has encompassed the last 10 years of Alexandra's life, he is the father of her two sons -- that's a lot of your life wrapped up in another person. Even more difficult that Alexandra (and Joachim) are having to go through this divorce rather publicly.

Whatever the reasons are for their marriage ending, whether Joachim is at fault or not (as the newspapers and tabloids speculated), it would still be sad. In the least it would be sad that you couldn't work things out for your kids.
I really agree with you Alexandria.

I think those persons who have not yet experienced or been into a serious kind of relationship would not really know the real feeling of breaking up or undergoing a divorce. Though we know that the person at this moment of his/her life is feeling this and that.

I couldn't really blame Princess Alexandra if she is looking sad or like this lately and she has become sort of skinny because it's not an easy situation to be a wife ,a mother and at the same time you are undergoing a divorce in public. I mean, who would expect that their marriage would fail when everybody else thought it would survive all the problems it would encounter. So, it is just normal for her to feel sort of sad lately. It's even better that she still manages to smile all the time both in public and private. Such a dignified person really Alexandra is!

But I do admire her for her courage and determination as a royal and especially in this time of her life. I think her main source of strength and inspiratin right now are her two sons!
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Translation of the calendar (posted by Paulette):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
4/1/2005 - Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.H. Prins Richard, Prins Gustav, Prinsesse Nathalie og Prinsesse Alexandra samt Greve Jefferson overværer Det Kongelige Teaters gallaforestilling i anledning af H.C. Andersens 200 års fødselsdag, kl. 20.00.
The Queen and Prince, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson will attend The Royal Theatre's gala performance on the occasion of H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday (8 pm)
Quote:
4/2/2005 - Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.H. Prins Richard, Prins Gustav, Prinsesse Nathalie, Prinsesse Alexandra samt Greve Jefferson overværer globalt eventyrshow i Parken i København, kl. 21.00 - 23.00.
The Queen and Prince, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson will attend a global adventure show in Copenhagen (9-11 pm)
Quote:
4/3/2005 - Kronprinsparret, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.H. Prins Richard, Prins Gustav, Prinsesse Alexandra og Greve Jefferson deltager i officiel reception, som Københavns Rådhus afholder i samarbejde med H.C. Andersen 2005 Fonden, kl. 12.00 - 14.00.
The Queen and Prince, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson will attend an official reception that the Copenhagen's City Hall hosts together with the H.C. Andersen 2005 Fund (mid-day-2 pm)
Quote:
4/5/2004 - Residens på Fredensborg
Stay at Fredensborg
Quote:
4/5/2005 - H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer som protektor for The English-speaking Union of Denmark finalen i "The Public-Speaking Competition" hos den britiske ambassadør i København, kl. 18.00.
Princess Alexandra, as protector, will attend The English Speaking Union of Denmark's finals in "The Public Speaking Competition" at the British Ambassador's residence in Copenhagen (6 pm)
Old 03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

Where are fred and mary during all these events?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
Where are fred and mary during all these events?
Anywhere it says Kronprinsparret in the original Danish text. It seems GrandDuchess missed a word while translating.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Courtier

On Sunday the Queen, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have attended the church service together...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	large-20050328-234602-0.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	117317  
Old 03-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Found a pic of PA, the caption reads that on March 28, 2005, Princess Alexandra presented credentials to official delegates who will represent Russia at the Hans Christian Andersen 200th birthday celbrations.

What I am confused about is that there was no mention of this event in the calender
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	117502  
Old 03-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

It's great to see that the divorce affect their children greatly. It's nice to see Alexandra and Joachim putting effort to remain on good good terms ^__^
Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Royal Highness

Anyone in her shoes would be sad. Sometimes I wonder if it would be possible to pucker up and deal with a bad marriage...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes,i agree with you Reina.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Courtier

btw......does anyone have pics from princess alexandra's last engagement from last nite?

and here are the pics from Princess Alexandra's trip to Russia to appoint H.C. Anderson Ambassadors...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	117827  
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
and here are the pics from Princess Alexandra's trip to Russia to appoint H.C. Anderson Ambassadors...
I had also posted the same first pic on the previous page, which I found on fotomarktplatz. I am surprised as well, as there was no mention of quick trip to Russia, hmmm...
Old 03-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I had also posted the same first pic on the previous page, which I found on fotomarktplatz. I am surprised as well, as there was no mention of quick trip to Russia, hmmm...
do u know where we can find more pics of Princess Alexandra from this trip?

and...here's the interview from that website i posted

Princess of Denmark: Moscow festivities are fantastic

30.03.2005, 09.53

Danish author Hans Christian Andersen is one of the most popular in Russia, and Moscow is celebrating his bicentenary with style. Princess Alexandra of Denmark, who represented the Danish Royal House at celebrations in Russian capital, shared her impressions with ITAR-TASS correspondent Ksenia Kaminskaya.

QUESTION: Your Royal Highness, what are your impressions from the festivities in Moscow?

ANSWER: First of all, I think that festivities in Moscow have been fantastic. The celebration was very colorful, very warm and kind. It looked like a real fairytale. I really felt that Andersen had been warmly received in Russia ever since his books were first translated here. Ambassador Lars Vissing and I even heard some of the stories tonight about how perhaps he was Russian! I think that the evening gave an excellent start to the festivities.

QUESTION: While in Moscow you named Eldar Ryazanov, Tatiana Tolstoya, illustrator of Andersen's books Boris Diodorov and director of Kremlin museums Elena Gagarina and some other prominent Russians as special Andersen ambassadors. What qualities should one possess to become such an envoy?

ANSWER: Obviously first of all to become an ambassador of Andersons fairytale world one should possess intimate knowledge of culture and literature, but more than that, one should portray and promote the writers works to as many children and grownups as possible. This special wisdom of his touched and still touches many different ages as his works are timeless. Hans Christian Andersen's works appeal to various social layers, and it is fascinating to see that today his stories are still alive and close to us.

QUESTION: And when did Princess Alexandra first discover the fairytale world of Andersen? What do you cherish mostly in his works?

ANSWER: I first discovered this wonderful world of his as a child when my parents started reading to me his stories. It is important to prolong childhood as long as possible. It is vital to give a child that fantasy world, to let him or her be creative and to live and daydream in this world of their own before the harsh reality of adult life sets in. Many children today grow up too quickly they have too many responsibilities given to them at an early age.

My favorite stories are The Ugly Duck", The Emperor's New Clothes", "The Princess On The Pea". It is very interesting to see that as a grownup I learned to understand and underline new messages and appreciate them on a different level then back in childhood. In his stories he depicts crucial problems such as social issues, our alter ego, narcissism and many other things that concern every one of us.

QUESTION: Are the grandchildren of Queen Margrethe - princes Nikolai and Felix - already familiar with Andersen's books?

ANSWER: I certainly read Anderson's stories to both of them. Prince Nikolai is five years old so he understands quite a bit and prince Felix is too small so he just looks at the pictures. Reading Anderson before the children go to sleep is a good ritual. It's important for a child to calm down at the end of the day. And Andersen's books are the best choice and I try to make them an important part of everyday life for the small princes.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

From Colourpress: Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra showed up togther for a public event for the first time since they filed for divorce Wednesday before Easter. Their royal foundation donated money to UNICEF for tsunami-victims in South-Asia (31 March 2005)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COLOUR10137297.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	118400   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10137298.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	118401   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10137299.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	118402  
Old 04-01-2005, 05:13 AM
Courtier

It's so nice to see the two of them attending the same royal function even though if they are undergoing divorce.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 04-01-2005, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Thta's really good.Thanks for pics.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Serene Highness

POLFOTO 28.03.2005 ITAR-TASS102: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. MARCH 28. Famous film director Eldar Ryazanov kisses the hand of Princess Alexandra of Denmark during a ceremony in Moscow where credentials were handed to official delegates who will represent Russia at Hans Christian Andersen 200th birthday celebrations in Denmark (Photo ITAR-TASS / Grigory Sysoyev)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	119262   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	119263   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	208