The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Booo, still no pics from the Notary International 100-Jubilee Year Gala that took place on February 26. I'll look around again but it appears from the media's interest in the event, that it never even happened.

Meanwhile...

February 28, 2005: Princess Alexandra opened Randers Regnskov 'Randers Rain Forest' Exhibition. She is the protector of the organization.

Colourpress
Set 1
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Colourpress
Set 2
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Colourpress
Last Set
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Several more pics from Polfoto.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP459079_guest.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	100852   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP459084_guest.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	100853   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP459085_guest.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	100854   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP459086_guest.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	100855  

Old 02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, what a good looking couple. (Second picture to the left)
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for pics.Lovely Princess Alexandra.It's a nice hat.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

March 1, 2005: Princess Alexandra attended 'Denmark Against Land Mines' arrangement in connection with the International Land Mine Day, and she also uncovered a book by Trondur Patursson in the Alexander Room at Christiansborg Castle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AP459327_guest.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	101664   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP459328_guest.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	101665  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

Lori , I agree with you :-) That pic of the 2 of them somehow look cute! The chap looks like Princess Cristina of Spain´s husband, who I think has a special look. Not handsome in the conventional sense, but something lively and cute about the face. I think many Danes probably wish they could trade places with Joachim! Sigh...still don´t understand what went wrong.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Thanks pdas for keeping this thread alive with pictures of Alexandra. I know that I can always count on you for an inexhaustable supply of wonderful pictures.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Found a teeny-tiny pic from Hola. Apparently people down at Polfoto don't care. Anyways, I'll try to look for more but it seems all the attention is diverted towards Mary's trip to Australia.

March 2, 2005: Princess Alexandra appointed HCA ambassadors in Helsinki, Finland.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2005, 03:38 AM
Majesty

she is doing a lot of royal duties these days
Old 03-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

more pics from the visit to Helsinki to appoint the HCA ambassadors.

Wireimage
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is my translation of an article from the daily Finn-Swedish newspaper Hufvudstadsbladet today, from their website:

The Princess that likes the Internet

The world’s most famous Dane, Hans Christian Andersen, never came to Finland. But a famous Danish Princess has twice instead. Yesterday Princess Alexandra started the celebrations of H.C. Andersen’s 200-years jubilee in Finland.

Princess Alexandra looked delighted when she got to hear ‘The Princess and the Pea’. And when Lars Svedberg then read ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’, the royal beige-pink wide hat moved a little extra, of laughter one presumes.
- ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ and ‘The Princess and the Pea’ are some of my favourites of the fantastic treasure of stories that H.C. Andersen left behind, Princess Alexandra confessed later on.

The Princess also told that she has now begun to read the world famous stories to her two sons – five-year-old Prince Nikolai and two-year-old Prince Felix.

Had the Princess read H.C. Andersen’s stories also before she became Princess of Denmark?
- Definitely, she confirmed.

The whole proud Denmark celebrates their storytelling uncle. Princess Alexandra is the protector of the H.C. Andersen Year, and it is in that capacity she is now in Finland. The celebrations were started with a celebration at the Hanaholmen Swedish-Finnish Cultural Centre.
- To be able to bid a real Princess welcome feels like a good start of the celebrations, said the centre’s director, Gunvor Kronman.

Three Finns were appointed as H.C. Andersen Ambassadors during yesterday’s event. Mrs Eeva Ahtisaari (my note – the former PM’s wife) and the children’s books author Sinikka and Tiina Nopola, who were rewarded for their work with medals and decorative plates.

News around Princess Alexandra has been sad during the past six months. In September, the Danish Court announced that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra were separating and seeking divorce after nine years of marriage. Lately, a large number of newspapers have reported about the Princess’s worrying loss of weight and speculated around if Alexandra could possibly have what is called “the Princess decease” these days – anorexia.

But the Princess that appeared at Hanaholmen yesterday looked energised and healthy, and also pretty happy. She is thin, but not in a sick way.

The Princess did not want to talk about her other engagements, besides the promoting of H.C Andersen.
- This time we will stick to the Andersen-theme, she said with a decisive voice.

What is clear is that Princess Alexandra takes on a lot of representation and that she likes it.
- I think it’s good that my sons have a working mother, she said.

Today the Finland trip continues with a visit to the Mannerheim Society for the Protection of Children in the morning. Together with the Chairman Eeva Kuukoski, she will visit a unit for children that suffer from eye cancer.

The Danish Embassy were at first doubtful to the visit and weather was a good idea or not, but the Princess is interested. The second visit of the day will be to Nokia, and that visit is a wish from Princess Alexandra, who before she got married had a successful career as a stockbroker and unit director and a fund commissioner company.

Technology interests Alexandra who looks surprised when someone wonders why she wants to go to Nokia.
- Isn’t Nokia one of your biggest companies? she responds, but refuses to answer if she has a Nokia cell phone.
- I don’t do commercials for cell phones.

Host for Princess Alexandra will be Martin Sandelin, Jorma Olilla is away.

The present visit to Finland is Princess Alexandra’s second. She was here in 1997, then as a quite new Princess.
- I got to see the church in the mountain, it’s fantastic. It was winter then too, I would like to visit Finland also when it’s summer sometime.

(The 1st pic is from Hola, the 2nd & 3rd pics are from Getty, the 4th from Ilta-Sanomat, the 5th from Hufvudstadsbladet)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52263913.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	102332   Click image for larger version

Name:	52263925.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	102333  
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Majesty

wow what great photos
and thank you so much for the article it is not often we see articles about alexandra
Old 03-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Majesty

Thanks pdas and GrandDuchess for the great photos and the article on Alexandra.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Thanks pdas and GrandDuchess for the great photos and the article on Alexandria.
Who is Alexandria ?
I know the Denmark once had a queen callede Alexandrine,but who is Alexandria ?

Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Nobility

I like the fit of the white dress, and it certainly is winter-y in feel. But I don't love all the fur, and the felt hat doesn't seem to really go with the outfit.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
15/03 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer Det Kongelige Biblioteks markering af H.C. Andersens 200 års fødselsdag med udstillingerne "Digterens Teaterdrømme - H.C. Andersen" samt "Teatret og Skyggebilleder - H.C. Andersens rejse til Dresden og Sachsisk Schweiz 1831", kl. 19.30.
Translation: Princess Alexandra will attend The Royal Library's marking of H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday with two exhibitions.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Courtier

I just love the whole look of Princess Alexandra when she visited Finland. She looked so happy and relaxed even though the weather was very cold! She was comfortable with the people and she laughed with them. In contrast to what others had said, I think the furs on her attire looked good. Her face glows more when she is wearing white. If you might just see in the pictures!

I also admire the way Princess Alexandra answers questions because she is always straight to the point. That is what I have observed with her in interviews or statements she often remarks or says. She is direct to the point and she gives appropriate answers.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 03-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if Princess Alexandra has returned to Hong Kong as a Princess? like Mary has visited Australia, has she visisted HK?

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess alexandra