The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Translation; In connection with the Chinese New Year, Princess Alexandra will attend "The Spring Festival Concert"

Chinese new year is next wednesday Feb 9~

Old 02-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

What a pair of ugly bowtie shoes. She always has some weird notion about shoes. This pair's just too ugle to name. Her lady in waiting dressed better than she did.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Thanks for the pics, Bigheadshrimp.

Here are a few more from the event...

I like her shoes very much, sorta like French Nobility used to wear in the 17th century.
the shoes look like the ones julia posted a picture of on 01-02-2005, churchservice for the tsunami victims, but they were brown.

On the whole I think she was much better dressed on that day than on these pictures. For me it is the wrong stockings with that kind of shoes and the wallpaper print of her suite.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia
The headline on the cover of the newest Dam-tidning magazine is "Alexandra seriously ill. The royal house is worried" or something like that. Didn't buy it though. Have you heard anything like this or is this just one of those "news ducks" for selling the papers?
Well, the Danish, really trashy, magazine Se & Hør wrote this story in last week's edition (26 January):

Quote:
ALEXANDRA: HAR DET SKIDT

Der er ved at brede sig en frygt for om prinsesse Alexandra helbred skranter alvorligt

Prinsesse Alexandra har det skidt. Det hersker der ingen tvivl om blandt de kendte, som har set SE og HØRs billeder i sidste uge af en meget mager prinsesse til et UNICEF-arrangement.
Årsagen til at prinsesse Alexandra på kort tid har forvandlet sig fra nips til næsten ingenting, er de færreste i tvivl om. Den skal findes i separationen fra prins Joachim og den svære tid, der er fulgt i kølvandet på offentliggørelsen af selvsamme.
Så vidt SE og HØR erfarer, er prinsessen begyndt at træne intensivt flere gange om ugen i fitnesscenteret Arndal under Hotel D’Angleterre.
Overdreven træning, manglende appetit grænsende til anoreksi er typiske tegn på, at noget er alvorlig galt.
Vi har spurgt en række kendte om, hvad de tror, der er fat med prinsessen.
Læs hvad de siger i SE og HØR
Apparently Alexandra has lost some weight, which may be true. According to Se & Hør she exercises several times a week at a gym located in the basement of the fancy hotel D'Angleterre. The mag has asked some Danish celebs what they think is the reason behind this weightloss, and of course they all point at the pressure because of the separation from Joachim.

I think this story, more or less speculations, would be the source behind stories in Sweden this week.

This week the mag takes it to a new level, writing about Alexandra's "secret past" as the girlfriend of an owner of a chain of fitness clubs.

This is what I found on a quick googling:

http://web2.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/application/pw.jsp

This story is old, and I think it was first told be Ekstra Bladet during the year after the wedding. The story back then and now is accompanied by some less flattering pictures of a very young Alexandra. I remember reading in Trine Larsen's book on Alexandra, that apparently Alexandra's mother called this Eddie Phillips to ask him to be quiet about this relationship - and I don't think, he has spoken since. Maybe he saw it as an easy way to get some publicity on his business - he seems like a sleazy kind of guy.

Well, in this week's Se & Hør they use this old story to confirm, that Alexandra has always been "obsessed" with being very fit:

Quote:
ALEXANDRA: HEMMELIG FORTID

Siden sine unge år i Hongkong har Alexandra været besat af vægttab og træning. I en periode dannede hun par med Sydøstasiens mest succesrige fitness-millionær

Trangen til at være tynd og benet sidder tilsyneladende dybt forankret i prinsesse Alexandras personlighed. Allerede som teenager stræbte hun efter at kontrollere kiloene og bevare figuren.
Ord som forbrænding, fedtprocent, taljemål og træning kom til at styre Alexandras liv, og det var derfor ikke noget tilfælde, at hun nogle år før mødet med prins Joachim blev kæreste med slankeguruen Eddie Phillips – stifter og medejer af Sydøstasiens mest eksklusive fitnesskæde Phillip Wain International.
Læs meget mere og se prinsessen som fitness dronning i SE og HØR
Old 02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

What's wrong of exercising and being fit? A woman after 30 ought to exercise and she's 40 at that. I don't see anything more than Alex dress fitness suit to an ad, so what's so secret about that. Why is that so scandelous?
And talk about past relationships, do they think Alex was a virgin?
Old 02-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Commoner

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
What a pair of ugly bowtie shoes. She always has some weird notion about shoes. This pair's just too ugle to name. Her lady in waiting dressed better than she did.
I have to agree - I think she looks so frumpy. the suit is dull with a hideous print on it, and the length is awkward and dowdy and not very form-fitting if you look at the hips. Those shoes also not to be have perilously high heels to not make even the slimmest woman look like she has fat calves (see the pair Mary wore in london with the hugo boss dress - they were stunning). I don't think this is Alexandra at her best!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

A few more, from IS, of Princess Alexandra attending the Fernand Léger-exhibition at Arken:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arken1.jpe
Views:	140
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	90694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arken2.jpe
Views:	93
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	90695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arken3.jpe
Views:	128
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	90696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arken4.jpe
Views:	130
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	90697  

Old 02-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Courtier

does anyone have pics of Princess Alexandra at her lastest engagement on the 12th?!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
does anyone have pics of Princess Alexandra at her lastest engagement on the 12th?!
Which engagement?

Here is a picture of Alexandra together with Mary attending the Malene Birger Fashion show held at Unicef's stock house in Copenhagen, friday 11 february :)
Old 02-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Which engagement?

Here is a picture of Alexandra together with Mary attending the Malene Birger Fashion show held at Unicef's stock house in Copenhagen, friday 11 february :)
i meant this one--- 12/02 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer i anledning af kinesisk nytår "The Spring Festival Concert" i Radiohusets Koncertsal, kl. 20.00.

is it the same u mention abt the fashion show? but i think it's something about a concert though....i haven't see any pics on the website about this event~!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Alexandra along with Crown Princess Mary at the Marlene Birger fashion show at the UNICEF building.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Elegant Princesses.They have good relationship, the two sister-in-law.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandra visited the children's house 'Fyrtøjet' in Odense today. Pictures from Colourpress, part 1:
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandra visited the children's house 'Fyrtøjet' in Odense today. Pictures from Colourpress, part 2:
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I have translated the schedule of Princess Alexandra's coming engagement which Paulette posted, and which was in Danish, into English, so that everyone can understand:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
Princess Alexandra's Schedule of Activities
HRH Princess Alexandra pays a visit to the children's cultural house "Fyrtøjet" in Odense, at 11.30 am. FEBRUARY 23, 2005

HRH Princess Alexandra takes part in Rotary International's, district 1470, Gala Evening at the Opera for the occasion of Rotary International's 100-year jubilee, at 7.00 am. FEBRUARY 26, 2005

HRH Princess Alexandra, as the protector, opens the Randers Rainforest Tropical Zoo's new Africa exhibition etc. FEBRUARY 28, 2005

HRH Princess Alexandra attends 'Denmark Against Land Mines' arrangement in connection with the International Land Mine Day, and she will also uncover a book by Trondur Patursson in the Alexander Room at Christiansborg Castle, at 4 pm - 6 pm. MARCH 1, 2005

HRH Princess Alexandra will appoint H.C. Andersen ambassadors in Helsinki. She will return home on 3 March. MARCH 2, 2005
Old 02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pictures and translations Grand Duchess. I was hoping to see the Princess in a new outfit from her visit during fashion week. Although recycling is nice I have seen that outfit at least 3 times already.I thought that HCA ambassadors were already appointed for Finland...
Old 02-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Commoner

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
More pics of Princess Alexandra from the Opera House opening...

She looked gorgeous, I believe she even ousted Mary in the appearance department.

Agree!!! she looks outstanding!!!! the fur jackets has come back in fashion. i think Alex did mix the hair, the dress and the fur jacket very well.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Courtier

BT article abt her yesterday's activity

Ingen spørgsmål om skilsmissen, tak

Attached Images

Old 02-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Courtier

It is so nice to see those children and people enduring the coldness of the weather just to greet and see Princess Alexandra.

Aren't there any pictures yet released for the event she attended last February 26?

HRH Princess Alexandra takes part in Rotary International's, district 1470, Gala Evening at the Opera for the occasion of Rotary International's 100-year jubilee, at 7.00 am. FEBRUARY 26, 2005
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 02-27-2005, 03:03 AM
Nobility

oooh. any pictures on the rotary int'l event she took place in yesterday?

Tags
current events, princess alexandra