The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 01-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Summary: Princess Alexandra will visit the UNICEF headquarters in New York next week. On the schedule is among things for Princess Alexandra to learn about UNICEF’s work in the catastrophe areas in South East Asia after the tsunami, and a meeting with the head of the UNICEF HIV/AIDs Programme, Peter McDermott.
Does anyone know if this is going ahead? ekstrabladet is so unreliable, and I can't find any mention of it on the Royal House's official website.

http://kongehuset.dk/aktuelt/kalender/
__________________

  #322  
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Does anyone know if this is going ahead? ekstrabladet is so unreliable, and I can't find any mention of it on the Royal House's official website.
I've looked around in Danish newspapers online and on UNICEF's website (both the international and Danish one) - but I can't find anything! Not a word - nada, zip, zero - nothing! And no mention in the Royal Court's calendar either, this is really strange... Either this is a more toned-down visit, or then no one cares (which I would't have thought and still don't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaM
Who decides who becomes Princess Alexandra's lady's in waiting and how do you get to become a lady in waiting?
Queen Margrethe appoints the Ladies-in-Waitings - I presume and hope, after some consultation and approval by the royal who will have them in their staff (I think they'd want a good match - not a strange, stiff relationship). Ladies-in-Waiting often comes from the circles around the Royal Family who knows their way around these kind of circles. It can be a noble person and/or someone who has the adequate work experience for this kind of work - but I think the most important thing is that the person fits in, and feels comfortable with the position and what it entails.
__________________

__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #323  
Old 01-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 767
there's also a video clip where Princess Alexandra talks in English about the tsunami and her trip to India and Blagdesh...

http://www.unicef.org/videoaudio/ram...salexandra.ram
  #324  
Old 01-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,044
Thanks for posting! She speaks well--is it a British accent?
  #325  
Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 767
yes....her first language is English...her father is British...so i guess that's why she has a British accent
  #326  
Old 01-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: , Philippines
Posts: 751
I would really say that Princess Alexandra is a very hardworking and sincere person. It is really evident in the way she handles her tasks that she has high dreams and hopes for the charities and organizations she represents in Denmark and may it be even for others.

Though I don't really know if is this true because I don't come from Denmark but my friend stated through mail that what is really great about the princess is that she just doesn't accept those patronages and etc. she has now just for nothing but she really works hard for it. She even stated that when Princess Alexandra granted an interview and was asked about the charities and organizations she represents. She replied that she just doesn't like to only represent and be a patron of a certain charity or group but she always insists to be involved even in tiny details on every act they would do.
And for me, that is really a very good thing.

Keep us Princess Alex!
__________________
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
  #327  
Old 01-22-2005, 11:46 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
Prinsessen har endnu sin vielsesring pa fingeren
The Princess still has her wedding ring on the finger.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #328  
Old 01-23-2005, 08:01 PM
pdas1201's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 2,744
More pics of Princess Alexandra from the Opera House opening...

She looked gorgeous, I believe she even ousted Mary in the appearance department.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	THopera2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	83787   Click image for larger version

Name:	THopera7.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	83788   Click image for larger version

Name:	THopera9.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	83789   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	83791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	83792   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	83793  
  #329  
Old 01-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 47
I thought she looked beautiful - but a tad Dynasty and very 80's with the big fur jacket on. I preferred Mary's more streamlined look.
  #330  
Old 01-24-2005, 01:50 AM
servingsophie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: , United Kingdom
Posts: 300
Does anyone know what type of fur it is? I think the Princess looks glorious! Just how a member of a royal family should look!
Well done Princess Mary.
  #331  
Old 01-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
I would really say that Princess Alexandra is a very hardworking and sincere person. It is really evident in the way she handles her tasks that she has high dreams and hopes for the charities and organizations she represents in Denmark and may it be even for others.

Though I don't really know if is this true because I don't come from Denmark but my friend stated through mail that what is really great about the princess is that she just doesn't accept those patronages and etc. she has now just for nothing but she really works hard for it. She even stated that when Princess Alexandra granted an interview and was asked about the charities and organizations she represents. She replied that she just doesn't like to only represent and be a patron of a certain charity or group but she always insists to be involved even in tiny details on every act they would do.
And for me, that is really a very good thing.

Keep us Princess Alex!
That what the most I like from her and I make it as a role model in comparing other princesses.

I like the way Alexandra dressed...I know it is not everybody looks good in that sape of fur coat, but Alex just look gorgeus in it....it matchs her gown colour and shape, also her hair style....beautiful princess.
  #332  
Old 01-24-2005, 04:02 AM
hillary_nugent's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Australia
Posts: 3,048
hm...sometimes i think Princess Alexandra's style of dressing is too extravagant...i kind find the right words but her dresses can be really flashy and the colours too bright...she's so beautiful i would love to see her in a dress that is simple but elegant and classy ^___^
__________________
I came. I saw. I posted.
  #333  
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
I think it is still ok for sometime she has extravagant style of dress as long she is in the right event to have it. Honestly, every princess should have it because this kind of appearance (often) attract most of royal watcher attention
  #334  
Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
I don't think that her style of dress is too flashy. Her colour choices usually look good on her and that is only one part of what defines Alexandra's personal style in my opinion. I think that when is attending a gala event and full formal attire is required that you may as well have some sparkles, flash, etc. After all, it is a formal event.
  #335  
Old 01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
I love Princess Alexandra and her style. With that said, I think she should have done without the fur jacket. I can't really see any other detail than this huge, animal-looking thing swallowing her petite frame.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
  #336  
Old 01-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,032
i dont know much about denmark's royalty but from the pic of the opening of their opera-princess alexandra looks classie, and out shines cp mary. but its sad to see them (or anyone for that matter)divorce
as for the fur coats-i think it awful to wear one-why would anyone what to kill an animal just for its fur-very sad
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #337  
Old 01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Chatleen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
Alexandra advaret mod b鷨nelokker: Frygt p?Nikolais skole - 26.01.2005

Samtlige sm?b鷨n fra prins Nikolais skole har f嶒t brev med hjem, efter at en kun syv緳ig pige blev forulempet i parken ved siden af skolen. Politiet tager sagen alvorligt.

Fem緳ige prins Nikolai fik i sidste uge et brev med hjem fra skolebestyreren p?Krebs?Skole, der skabte bekymring hos b嶟e prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim.
Som alle andre ansvarlige for熞dre f鷲ger de levende med i deres b鷨ns g鷨en og laden, og is熳 prins Nikolais skolegang ligger parret meget p?sinde. Prinsesse Alexandra, der har de sm?prinser boende fast hos sig p?Amalienborg efter separationen, kunne derfor som den f鷨ste med bestyrtelse l犘e, at en blotter har forulempet en pige fra 1. klasse i umiddelbar n熳hed af prins Nikolais skole.
Brevet fra rektor p?Krebs?Skole er sendt til alle elever i de mindste klasser og har skabt 熡gstelse ikke kun p?Amalienborg og Schackenborg, men hos alle for熞drene p?skolen. Og sagen har lige siden v熳et det helt store samtaleemne blandt de bekymrede for熞dre. from Billet bladet...pls someone translate this?
Alexandra warned against child molester - fear at Nikolai's school
All small children from Prince Nikolai's school has been given a letter to bring home with them, after a only 7 years old girl was harassed in the park next to the school. The police treat the matter seriously.
Five years old Prince Nikolai received last week a letter from the principal at Krebs' School, which made both Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim worry.
As any other responsible parent they take part in their children's doings, and especially Prince Nikolai's school is important for the couple. After the separation the small princes lives with Princess Alexandra at Amalienborg, and she could therefore at the first one with dismay read, that a blotter has harassed a girl form the 1st grade, close to Nikolai's school.
The letter from the principal at Krebs' School was to all pupils in the small grades (???), and has caused anxiety not only at Amalienborg and Schackenborg, but with all parents at the school. And since then the letter has been widely discussed among the worried parents.
  #338  
Old 01-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Alexandra warned against child molester - fear at Nikolai's school
All small children from Prince Nikolai's school has been given a letter to bring home with them, after a only 7 years old girl was harassed in the park next to the school. The police treat the matter seriously.
Five years old Prince Nikolai received last week a letter from the principal at Krebs' School, which made both Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim worry.
As any other responsible parent they take part in their children's doings, and especially Prince Nikolai's school is important for the couple. After the separation the small princes lives with Princess Alexandra at Amalienborg, and she could therefore at the first one with dismay read, that a blotter has harassed a girl form the 1st grade, close to Nikolai's school.
The letter from the principal at Krebs' School was to all pupils in the small grades (???), and has caused anxiety not only at Amalienborg and Schackenborg, but with all parents at the school. And since then the letter has been widely discussed among the worried parents.
Thank you for the translation Chatleen.

Very scary for Joachim and Alexandra as parents.

Do Nikolai and Felix have any security? Or did Joachim and Alexandra want their sons to lead as normal lives as possible? Maybe in light of this very frightening incident there will be some added security measures for Nikolai and Felix.
  #339  
Old 01-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,422
I wish that my Danish was better. But you said a "blotter" had harrassed a girl. Blotter is the daily crimes report that is used before they put it onto official records. Anyway, that is a scary thing indeed for all parents. I hope this creep will be caught quickly and sent to prison or to a hospital.
__________________
WYAO
  #340  
Old 01-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Chatleen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
I wish that my Danish was better. But you said a "blotter" had harrassed a girl. Blotter is the daily crimes report that is used before they put it onto official records. Anyway, that is a scary thing indeed for all parents. I hope this creep will be caught quickly and sent to prison or to a hospital.
Sorry :o The word 'blotter' just sounded so English to me - my digital dictionary says 'flasher'. Hope that makes better sense??

:o :o :o
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Haya's current events 5: November 2010 - dazzling Ruling Family of Dubai 399 Today 11:32 AM
Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 534 01-01-2014 04:44 AM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 482 09-27-2010 04:53 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 346 11-11-2008 04:39 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses earl of snowdon family fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hereditary princess sophie infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince jean prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia rohans state visit state visit from argentina stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises