The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Summary: Princess Alexandra will visit the UNICEF headquarters in New York next week. On the schedule is among things for Princess Alexandra to learn about UNICEF’s work in the catastrophe areas in South East Asia after the tsunami, and a meeting with the head of the UNICEF HIV/AIDs Programme, Peter McDermott.
Does anyone know if this is going ahead? ekstrabladet is so unreliable, and I can't find any mention of it on the Royal House's official website.

http://kongehuset.dk/aktuelt/kalender/

Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Does anyone know if this is going ahead? ekstrabladet is so unreliable, and I can't find any mention of it on the Royal House's official website.
I've looked around in Danish newspapers online and on UNICEF's website (both the international and Danish one) - but I can't find anything! Not a word - nada, zip, zero - nothing! And no mention in the Royal Court's calendar either, this is really strange... Either this is a more toned-down visit, or then no one cares (which I would't have thought and still don't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaM
Who decides who becomes Princess Alexandra's lady's in waiting and how do you get to become a lady in waiting?
Queen Margrethe appoints the Ladies-in-Waitings - I presume and hope, after some consultation and approval by the royal who will have them in their staff (I think they'd want a good match - not a strange, stiff relationship). Ladies-in-Waiting often comes from the circles around the Royal Family who knows their way around these kind of circles. It can be a noble person and/or someone who has the adequate work experience for this kind of work - but I think the most important thing is that the person fits in, and feels comfortable with the position and what it entails.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Courtier

there's also a video clip where Princess Alexandra talks in English about the tsunami and her trip to India and Blagdesh...

http://www.unicef.org/videoaudio/ram...salexandra.ram
Old 01-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for posting! She speaks well--is it a British accent?
Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Courtier

yes....her first language is English...her father is British...so i guess that's why she has a British accent
Old 01-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Courtier

I would really say that Princess Alexandra is a very hardworking and sincere person. It is really evident in the way she handles her tasks that she has high dreams and hopes for the charities and organizations she represents in Denmark and may it be even for others.

Though I don't really know if is this true because I don't come from Denmark but my friend stated through mail that what is really great about the princess is that she just doesn't accept those patronages and etc. she has now just for nothing but she really works hard for it. She even stated that when Princess Alexandra granted an interview and was asked about the charities and organizations she represents. She replied that she just doesn't like to only represent and be a patron of a certain charity or group but she always insists to be involved even in tiny details on every act they would do.
And for me, that is really a very good thing.

Keep us Princess Alex!
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
Prinsessen har endnu sin vielsesring pa fingeren
The Princess still has her wedding ring on the finger.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics of Princess Alexandra from the Opera House opening...

She looked gorgeous, I believe she even ousted Mary in the appearance department.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	THopera2.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	83787   Click image for larger version

Name:	THopera7.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	83788   Click image for larger version

Name:	THopera9.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	83789   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	83791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	83792   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	83793  
Old 01-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Commoner

I thought she looked beautiful - but a tad Dynasty and very 80's with the big fur jacket on. I preferred Mary's more streamlined look.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know what type of fur it is? I think the Princess looks glorious! Just how a member of a royal family should look!
Well done Princess Mary.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
I would really say that Princess Alexandra is a very hardworking and sincere person. It is really evident in the way she handles her tasks that she has high dreams and hopes for the charities and organizations she represents in Denmark and may it be even for others.

Though I don't really know if is this true because I don't come from Denmark but my friend stated through mail that what is really great about the princess is that she just doesn't accept those patronages and etc. she has now just for nothing but she really works hard for it. She even stated that when Princess Alexandra granted an interview and was asked about the charities and organizations she represents. She replied that she just doesn't like to only represent and be a patron of a certain charity or group but she always insists to be involved even in tiny details on every act they would do.
And for me, that is really a very good thing.

Keep us Princess Alex!
That what the most I like from her and I make it as a role model in comparing other princesses.

I like the way Alexandra dressed...I know it is not everybody looks good in that sape of fur coat, but Alex just look gorgeus in it....it matchs her gown colour and shape, also her hair style....beautiful princess.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Heir Apparent

hm...sometimes i think Princess Alexandra's style of dressing is too extravagant...i kind find the right words but her dresses can be really flashy and the colours too bright...she's so beautiful i would love to see her in a dress that is simple but elegant and classy ^___^
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 AM
Courtier

I think it is still ok for sometime she has extravagant style of dress as long she is in the right event to have it. Honestly, every princess should have it because this kind of appearance (often) attract most of royal watcher attention
Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Nobility

I don't think that her style of dress is too flashy. Her colour choices usually look good on her and that is only one part of what defines Alexandra's personal style in my opinion. I think that when is attending a gala event and full formal attire is required that you may as well have some sparkles, flash, etc. After all, it is a formal event.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Courtier

I love Princess Alexandra and her style. With that said, I think she should have done without the fur jacket. I can't really see any other detail than this huge, animal-looking thing swallowing her petite frame.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

i dont know much about denmark's royalty but from the pic of the opening of their opera-princess alexandra looks classie, and out shines cp mary. but its sad to see them (or anyone for that matter)divorce
as for the fur coats-i think it awful to wear one-why would anyone what to kill an animal just for its fur-very sad
Old 01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
Alexandra advaret mod b鷨nelokker: Frygt p?Nikolais skole - 26.01.2005

Samtlige sm?b鷨n fra prins Nikolais skole har f嶒t brev med hjem, efter at en kun syv緳ig pige blev forulempet i parken ved siden af skolen. Politiet tager sagen alvorligt.

Fem緳ige prins Nikolai fik i sidste uge et brev med hjem fra skolebestyreren p?Krebs?Skole, der skabte bekymring hos b嶟e prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim.
Som alle andre ansvarlige for熞dre f鷲ger de levende med i deres b鷨ns g鷨en og laden, og is熳 prins Nikolais skolegang ligger parret meget p?sinde. Prinsesse Alexandra, der har de sm?prinser boende fast hos sig p?Amalienborg efter separationen, kunne derfor som den f鷨ste med bestyrtelse l犘e, at en blotter har forulempet en pige fra 1. klasse i umiddelbar n熳hed af prins Nikolais skole.
Brevet fra rektor p?Krebs?Skole er sendt til alle elever i de mindste klasser og har skabt 熡gstelse ikke kun p?Amalienborg og Schackenborg, men hos alle for熞drene p?skolen. Og sagen har lige siden v熳et det helt store samtaleemne blandt de bekymrede for熞dre. from Billet bladet...pls someone translate this?
Alexandra warned against child molester - fear at Nikolai's school
All small children from Prince Nikolai's school has been given a letter to bring home with them, after a only 7 years old girl was harassed in the park next to the school. The police treat the matter seriously.
Five years old Prince Nikolai received last week a letter from the principal at Krebs' School, which made both Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim worry.
As any other responsible parent they take part in their children's doings, and especially Prince Nikolai's school is important for the couple. After the separation the small princes lives with Princess Alexandra at Amalienborg, and she could therefore at the first one with dismay read, that a blotter has harassed a girl form the 1st grade, close to Nikolai's school.
The letter from the principal at Krebs' School was to all pupils in the small grades (???), and has caused anxiety not only at Amalienborg and Schackenborg, but with all parents at the school. And since then the letter has been widely discussed among the worried parents.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Alexandra warned against child molester - fear at Nikolai's school
All small children from Prince Nikolai's school has been given a letter to bring home with them, after a only 7 years old girl was harassed in the park next to the school. The police treat the matter seriously.
Five years old Prince Nikolai received last week a letter from the principal at Krebs' School, which made both Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim worry.
As any other responsible parent they take part in their children's doings, and especially Prince Nikolai's school is important for the couple. After the separation the small princes lives with Princess Alexandra at Amalienborg, and she could therefore at the first one with dismay read, that a blotter has harassed a girl form the 1st grade, close to Nikolai's school.
The letter from the principal at Krebs' School was to all pupils in the small grades (???), and has caused anxiety not only at Amalienborg and Schackenborg, but with all parents at the school. And since then the letter has been widely discussed among the worried parents.
Thank you for the translation Chatleen.

Very scary for Joachim and Alexandra as parents.

Do Nikolai and Felix have any security? Or did Joachim and Alexandra want their sons to lead as normal lives as possible? Maybe in light of this very frightening incident there will be some added security measures for Nikolai and Felix.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I wish that my Danish was better. But you said a "blotter" had harrassed a girl. Blotter is the daily crimes report that is used before they put it onto official records. Anyway, that is a scary thing indeed for all parents. I hope this creep will be caught quickly and sent to prison or to a hospital.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
I wish that my Danish was better. But you said a "blotter" had harrassed a girl. Blotter is the daily crimes report that is used before they put it onto official records. Anyway, that is a scary thing indeed for all parents. I hope this creep will be caught quickly and sent to prison or to a hospital.
Sorry :o The word 'blotter' just sounded so English to me - my digital dictionary says 'flasher'. Hope that makes better sense??

:o :o :o

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess alexandra