Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see that the divorce affect their children greatly. It's nice to see Alexandra and Joachim putting effort to remain on good good terms ^__^

Anyone in her shoes would be sad. Sometimes I wonder if it would be possible to pucker up and deal with a bad marriage...

btw......does anyone have pics from princess alexandra's last engagement from last nite?

and here are the pics from Princess Alexandra's trip to Russia to appoint H.C. Anderson Ambassadors...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
bigheadshirmp said:
and here are the pics from Princess Alexandra's trip to Russia to appoint H.C. Anderson Ambassadors...

I had also posted the same first pic on the previous page, which I found on fotomarktplatz. I am surprised as well, as there was no mention of quick trip to Russia, hmmm...

pdas1201 said:
I had also posted the same first pic on the previous page, which I found on fotomarktplatz. I am surprised as well, as there was no mention of quick trip to Russia, hmmm...

do u know where we can find more pics of Princess Alexandra from this trip?:D

and...here's the interview from that website i posted

Princess of Denmark: Moscow festivities are fantastic

30.03.2005, 09.53

Danish author Hans Christian Andersen is one of the most popular in Russia, and Moscow is celebrating his bicentenary with style. Princess Alexandra of Denmark, who represented the Danish Royal House at celebrations in Russian capital, shared her impressions with ITAR-TASS correspondent Ksenia Kaminskaya.

QUESTION: Your Royal Highness, what are your impressions from the festivities in Moscow?

ANSWER: First of all, I think that festivities in Moscow have been fantastic. The celebration was very colorful, very warm and kind. It looked like a real fairytale. I really felt that Andersen had been warmly received in Russia ever since his books were first translated here. Ambassador Lars Vissing and I even heard some of the stories tonight about how perhaps he was Russian! I think that the evening gave an excellent start to the festivities.

QUESTION: While in Moscow you named Eldar Ryazanov, Tatiana Tolstoya, illustrator of Andersen's books Boris Diodorov and director of Kremlin museums Elena Gagarina and some other prominent Russians as special Andersen ambassadors. What qualities should one possess to become such an envoy?

ANSWER: Obviously first of all to become an ambassador of Andersons fairytale world one should possess intimate knowledge of culture and literature, but more than that, one should portray and promote the writers works to as many children and grownups as possible. This special wisdom of his touched and still touches many different ages as his works are timeless. Hans Christian Andersen's works appeal to various social layers, and it is fascinating to see that today his stories are still alive and close to us.

QUESTION: And when did Princess Alexandra first discover the fairytale world of Andersen? What do you cherish mostly in his works?

ANSWER: I first discovered this wonderful world of his as a child when my parents started reading to me his stories. It is important to prolong childhood as long as possible. It is vital to give a child that fantasy world, to let him or her be creative and to live and daydream in this world of their own before the harsh reality of adult life sets in. Many children today grow up too quickly they have too many responsibilities given to them at an early age.

My favorite stories are The Ugly Duck", The Emperor's New Clothes", "The Princess On The Pea". It is very interesting to see that as a grownup I learned to understand and underline new messages and appreciate them on a different level then back in childhood. In his stories he depicts crucial problems such as social issues, our alter ego, narcissism and many other things that concern every one of us.

QUESTION: Are the grandchildren of Queen Margrethe - princes Nikolai and Felix - already familiar with Andersen's books?

ANSWER: I certainly read Anderson's stories to both of them. Prince Nikolai is five years old so he understands quite a bit and prince Felix is too small so he just looks at the pictures. Reading Anderson before the children go to sleep is a good ritual. It's important for a child to calm down at the end of the day. And Andersen's books are the best choice and I try to make them an important part of everyday life for the small princes.

Attachments

• news_img_1881282_0006.jpg
    news_img_1881282_0006.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 205
From Colourpress: Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra showed up togther for a public event for the first time since they filed for divorce Wednesday before Easter. Their royal foundation donated money to UNICEF for tsunami-victims in South-Asia (31 March 2005)

Attachments

• COLOUR10137297.jpg
    COLOUR10137297.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 348
  • COLOUR10137298.jpg
    COLOUR10137298.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 258
  • COLOUR10137299.jpg
    COLOUR10137299.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 286
It's so nice to see the two of them attending the same royal function even though if they are undergoing divorce.

POLFOTO 28.03.2005 ITAR-TASS102: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. MARCH 28. Famous film director Eldar Ryazanov kisses the hand of Princess Alexandra of Denmark during a ceremony in Moscow where credentials were handed to official delegates who will represent Russia at Hans Christian Andersen 200th birthday celebrations in Denmark (Photo ITAR-TASS / Grigory Sysoyev)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 289
POLFOTO 29.03.2005 Prinsesse Alexandra ogThomas Bickham i Tivoli.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 473
May I just ask if what was the event in Tivoli howcome Princess Alexandra was there?

By the way, I love her outfit. It looks simple yet her look is do fresh for me. The combination of the dark and soft colors on her attire looks good. Great look.

I would just like to invite everyone to view the thread about the Hans Christian Andersen's 200th Birthday Celebrations because there are a lot of very beautiful pictures of various royals from Europe especially Netherlands and Sweden. And not to forget Princess Alexandra who looked great and very elegant in her attires.

Translation of the article. I'm not Danish, so there might be some nuances missed, but it should get you the general gist.

Kiss between friends. - 06-04-05

Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim were both to the fairytale party in Parken to celebrate H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday. And despite the fairy tale, love and passion in their lives together isn't any more, they still greet each other with loving kisses on the cheek when they meet.

Thus also in Parken, where they arrived in separate vehicles with a shorter interval between the cars than the kiss they exchanged inside a bit later. Even if they as separated, according to protocol, shall ride in separate cars to public arrangements, Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim are in many ways role models for how a divorce should be handled. They kiss and hug when they meet and they can still laugh and have fun together, even if their feelings for each other have grown into something of the friendly kind.

Certainly they, as others, have had their ups and downs, and naturally both are sad that the love didn't last. But where the divorce came as a huge shock for many Danes, it had been a long time coming for the Prince and the Princess. They fought long, but in vain.

Thank you so much for the translation Norwegianne. What ever have happened in their personal live they keep trying to be a good role models for their subject.

Thanks a lot, Norwegianne! If I hadn't read your translations, I would have hoped that they were headed to a reconciliation from that picture the article provided!

They both seem happier and more relaxed now that they're about to be divorced. As sad as the prospect seems, at least Princess Alexandra looks like she had a huge stress reduction.

I really applaud them with how they handle such a difficult situation. And I really agree with the article that they are role models of how a divorce is supposed to be handled.
Unlike those couples that when they undergo divorce/separation, they blackmail or even hate each other in public, but with Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, it is different.
They remain close friends.

As Princess Alexandra friday officially was divorced from prince Joachim after nine years and five months marriage, she didn't just lose her royal title. Princess Alexandra, who in the future will be referred to as Her Highness, also lost her lady-in-waiting. Christine Lyng, who has been lady-in-waiting for the busy princess in the past years won't be out of a job, though. She has had a title change to personal secretary for the Princess and will in the future deal with all correspondence and the work with Alexandra's official assignments.

fromEU said:
From Se & Hør this week​
ALEXANDRA: HER ER HENDES HEMMELIGE VEN
It's about a rich bachelor from London named Laurence Holyoake who Se & Hør says could be the new man in Princess Alexandra's life. "Sources" to the magazine says that he has mentioned her (with "a big smile on his lips" :D), and that he once flew from London to New York just to have breakfast with her.

norwegianne said:
As Princess Alexandra friday officially was divorced from prince Joachim after nine years and five months marriage, she didn't just lose her royal title. Princess Alexandra, who in the future will be referred to as Her Highness, also lost her lady-in-waiting. Christine Lyng, who has been lady-in-waiting for the busy princess in the past years won't be out of a job, though. She has had a title change to personal secretary for the Princess and will in the future deal with all correspondence and the work with Alexandra's official assignments.

oh my gosh!

Princess Alexandra never had lost title thankness godness! why her lost lady-in-waiting? who is!

Sara Boyce

I am just thankful that she didn't loose her lady-in-waiting but rather she would just change the term to her pesonal seretary/assistant.

Regarding her new "boyfriend," I think we should wait for further evidences/confirmations about it. I do not think they have a relationship yet but only maybe good friends.

I am so glad to see that Princess Alexandra's engagements will continue to be recorded on the official website! Again, top marks for how the Danish Royal Family has handled J&A's divorce and Alex's post-divorce status!:)

Definitely! The BRF could definitely learn something!

gattica28 said:
I am so glad to see that Princess Alexandra's engagements will continue to be recorded on the official website! Again, top marks for how the Danish Royal Family has handled J&A's divorce and Alex's post-divorce status!:)

paulette said:
Regarding her new "boyfriend," I think we should wait for further evidences/confirmations about it. I do not think they have a relationship yet but only maybe good friends.

Paulette's correct, they're just friends from years ago in Hong Kong. Se & Hør as usual is rubbish.

Boyfriend or no, he's hot! Maybe I need to move to wherever he's at if that's where all the hunky guys are!

Anyway, I don't think that Alexandra will remarry anytime soon, if at all. I think she'll concentrate on raising her two boys for the time-being and maybe pursue her old profession.

I do hope she is not that hurry to get into dating game. That boy lookd too young for her (from the picture posted), and I hope she's not into competition with her ex for how much younger man/girl I could get, it gets immature after a time.

He's late 30's, that photo is quite old.

I have read in the royal thread of Monaco's Royal Family that it would be Prince Joachim who would represent the DRF in the funeral of Prince Rainier, wouldn't there be any other member of the DRF who would also attend (e.g. Princess Alex)?

(Tough it is not confirmed because it was an article from a Spanish newspaper.)

So the Princess will be in Shanghai? Do you think she'll be stopping by to Hong Kong for an unofficial visit after or prior to her visit to Shanghai?

That guy is not that hot. ANyway I too hope she gets back in the dating game. It would be awesome if he had a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom