Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more pics from the visit to Helsinki to appoint the HCA ambassadors.

Wireimage

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 448
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 396
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 407
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 380
Here is my translation of an article from the daily Finn-Swedish newspaper Hufvudstadsbladet today, from their website:

The Princess that likes the Internet

The world’s most famous Dane, Hans Christian Andersen, never came to Finland. But a famous Danish Princess has twice instead. Yesterday Princess Alexandra started the celebrations of H.C. Andersen’s 200-years jubilee in Finland.

Princess Alexandra looked delighted when she got to hear ‘The Princess and the Pea’. And when Lars Svedberg then read ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’, the royal beige-pink wide hat moved a little extra, of laughter one presumes.
- ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ and ‘The Princess and the Pea’ are some of my favourites of the fantastic treasure of stories that H.C. Andersen left behind, Princess Alexandra confessed later on.

The Princess also told that she has now begun to read the world famous stories to her two sons – five-year-old Prince Nikolai and two-year-old Prince Felix.

Had the Princess read H.C. Andersen’s stories also before she became Princess of Denmark?
- Definitely, she confirmed.

The whole proud Denmark celebrates their storytelling uncle. Princess Alexandra is the protector of the H.C. Andersen Year, and it is in that capacity she is now in Finland. The celebrations were started with a celebration at the Hanaholmen Swedish-Finnish Cultural Centre.
- To be able to bid a real Princess welcome feels like a good start of the celebrations, said the centre’s director, Gunvor Kronman.

Three Finns were appointed as H.C. Andersen Ambassadors during yesterday’s event. Mrs Eeva Ahtisaari (my note – the former PM’s wife) and the children’s books author Sinikka and Tiina Nopola, who were rewarded for their work with medals and decorative plates.

News around Princess Alexandra has been sad during the past six months. In September, the Danish Court announced that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra were separating and seeking divorce after nine years of marriage. Lately, a large number of newspapers have reported about the Princess’s worrying loss of weight and speculated around if Alexandra could possibly have what is called “the Princess decease” these days – anorexia.

But the Princess that appeared at Hanaholmen yesterday looked energised and healthy, and also pretty happy. She is thin, but not in a sick way.

The Princess did not want to talk about her other engagements, besides the promoting of H.C Andersen.
- This time we will stick to the Andersen-theme, she said with a decisive voice.

What is clear is that Princess Alexandra takes on a lot of representation and that she likes it.
- I think it’s good that my sons have a working mother, she said.

Today the Finland trip continues with a visit to the Mannerheim Society for the Protection of Children in the morning. Together with the Chairman Eeva Kuukoski, she will visit a unit for children that suffer from eye cancer.

The Danish Embassy were at first doubtful to the visit and weather was a good idea or not, but the Princess is interested. The second visit of the day will be to Nokia, and that visit is a wish from Princess Alexandra, who before she got married had a successful career as a stockbroker and unit director and a fund commissioner company.

Technology interests Alexandra who looks surprised when someone wonders why she wants to go to Nokia.
- Isn’t Nokia one of your biggest companies? she responds, but refuses to answer if she has a Nokia cell phone.
- I don’t do commercials for cell phones.

Host for Princess Alexandra will be Martin Sandelin, Jorma Olilla is away.

The present visit to Finland is Princess Alexandra’s second. She was here in 1997, then as a quite new Princess.
- I got to see the church in the mountain, it’s fantastic. It was winter then too, I would like to visit Finland also when it’s summer sometime.

(The 1st pic is from Hola, the 2nd & 3rd pics are from Getty, the 4th from Ilta-Sanomat, the 5th from Hufvudstadsbladet)

Attachments

• Helsingfors 2 mars 2005_2.jpg
    Helsingfors 2 mars 2005_2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 718
  • Helsingfors 2 mars 2005_1.jpg
    Helsingfors 2 mars 2005_1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 52263913.jpg
    52263913.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 52263925.jpg
    52263925.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Helsingfors 2 mars 2005_3.jpg
    Helsingfors 2 mars 2005_3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:
wow what great photos
and thank you so much for the article it is not often we see articles about alexandra

Thanks pdas and GrandDuchess for the great photos and the article on Alexandra.

Last edited:
Mandy said:
Thanks pdas and GrandDuchess for the great photos and the article on Alexandria.

Who is Alexandria ?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know the Denmark once had a queen callede Alexandrine,but who is Alexandria ?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I like the fit of the white dress, and it certainly is winter-y in feel. But I don't love all the fur, and the felt hat doesn't seem to really go with the outfit.

bigheadshirmp said:
15/03 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer Det Kongelige Biblioteks markering af H.C. Andersens 200 års fødselsdag med udstillingerne "Digterens Teaterdrømme - H.C. Andersen" samt "Teatret og Skyggebilleder - H.C. Andersens rejse til Dresden og Sachsisk Schweiz 1831", kl. 19.30.
Translation: Princess Alexandra will attend The Royal Library's marking of H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday with two exhibitions.

I just love the whole look of Princess Alexandra when she visited Finland. She looked so happy and relaxed even though the weather was very cold! She was comfortable with the people and she laughed with them. In contrast to what others had said, I think the furs on her attire looked good. Her face glows more when she is wearing white. If you might just see in the pictures!

I also admire the way Princess Alexandra answers questions because she is always straight to the point. That is what I have observed with her in interviews or statements she often remarks or says. She is direct to the point and she gives appropriate answers.

Does anyone know if Princess Alexandra has returned to Hong Kong as a Princess? like Mary has visited Australia, has she visisted HK?

Australian said:
Does anyone know if Princess Alexandra has returned to Hong Kong as a Princess? like Mary has visited Australia, has she visisted HK?

I believe so. I think she's been back to Hong Kong with Joachim at least twice since they married. I remember seeing a picture of her in a nice dress attending a party in Hong Kong.

in what of the castles does she live in now i cant remember

Alex and the boys are at present in Amalienborg, and Joachim remains at Schakenborg (their previous home).

From www.bt.dk Alexandra on February 28th 2005 when she opened Randers Regnskov 'Randers Rain Forest' Exhibition.
I really like this particular photo of Alexandra.

Attachments

• 270866 bt-dk.jpg
    270866 bt-dk.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 294
Xandra said:
Alex and the boys are at present in Amalienborg, and Joachim remains at Schakenborg (their previous home).

Amalienborg has four palces wich of the palaces do they live in?

PRINCESS ALEXANDRA THE BEST MOM!

9 MARCH 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/09/princessalexandra/#enviarPrincess Alexandra has been chosen best celebrity mum by hellomagazine.com readers after a closely contested battle involving several of the world's most dynamic and glamorous mothers.

The 40-year-old princess has always been hugely popular in her adopted country of Denmark, but she has won further respect for her cheerful demeanour during a particularly stressful period: last year, she and Prince Joachim announced their divorce after nine years of marriage.

Despite the family upheaval, stylish Alexandra has maintained her public poise and been seen out and about on several occasions, as has Joachim, having fun with their two sons – five-year-old Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix, who's two.

The princess scooped almost 40 per cent of the votes, edging out stiff competition from runner-up Angelina Jolie, who earned her pilot's wings partly to impress Maddox - the little boy is fascinated by aircraft.

Although she plans to use her piloting skills for humanitarian causes in the future, the sultry actress said, "If I could actually fly a plane by the time he's four, I'll be like Superman to him." In fact, the Tomb Raider star delivered a flying trip to Cambodian-born Maddox a year early, as a treat on his third birthday.

The final rankings in the poll were:

Princess Alexandra - 36.2 per cent
Angelina Jolie – 23.1 per cent
Victoria Beckham - 17.5 per cent
Gwyneth Paltrow - 11.6 per cent
Kerry Katona - 7 per cent
Heidi Klum - 4.6 per cent

celebmums-dop1a.jpg

Alexandra with her elder son Nikolai
Photo: © AFP

Amalienborg is the monarch’s winter residence. The Amalienborg complex consists of four palaces, planned around an octagonal courtyard, in the centre of which stands the French sculptor J.F.J. Saly’s equestrian statue of Frederik V, the founder of Amalienborg Palace and Frederiksstaden, the surrounding district of Copenhagen.

1. Christian IX's Palace - also known as Schack's Palace. In 1967, the Palace was restored for the successor to the throne, Crown Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik. The Queen and the Prince Consort still use the Palace as their residence.

2. Christian VII’s Palace- also known as Moltke’s Palace. In 1971-75, a small kindergarten was established at the Palace, and later on a schoolroom was set up for Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim.

3. Christian VIII’s Palace - also known as Levetzau’s Palace. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary also uses the Palace as their residence aside from Fredensborg Palace and for ceremonial purposes. In the Palace, there is an apartment at the disposal of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra. This was where Princess Alexandra together with their two sons lived, I think also up to now when her new house was still repaired.

4. Frederik VIII’s Palace, or Brockdorff’s Palace - this was where Queen Ingrid lived before her death last 2000.

Congrats Princess Alexandra! She deserves it, she's been through so much throughout the past year, and she's managed to stick it out for the sake of her kids. Definately the best celebrity mum in my eyes. (C:

I would really say that she deserved the award or recognition by the voters because she is really the best royal mum for me. Though the persons included in the list were also best mums in their own way but among all of them, Princess Alex really managed to surface out because of how she handled the situation up to now and how she manages to be a great mother to her 2 kids amidst her hectic schedule.

Translation:

paulette said:
3/14/2005 - H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra aflægger som protektor besøg hos Rehabiliterings- og Forskningscentret for Torturofre i Borgergade 13, København, kl. 14.00.
Princess Alexandra, as protector, pays a visit to the Rehabilitation and Research Scentre for Torture Victims in Copenhagen

paulette said:
3/15/2005 - H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer Det Kongelige Biblioteks markering af H.C. Andersens 200 års fødselsdag med udstillingerne "Digterens Teaterdrømme - H.C. Andersen" samt "Teatret og Skyggebilleder - H.C. Andersens rejse til Dresden og Sachsisk Schweiz 1831", kl. 19.30.
Princess Alexandra attends The Royal Library's marking of H.C. Andersen's 200 year jubilee with two exhibitions

paulette said:
3/19/2005 - H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra forestår som protektor åbningen af Hans Christian Andersen International Trade Fair 2005 i Rosengårdscentret i Odense og deltager i efterfølgende frokost på Odense Kongres Center, kl. 10.00.
Princess Alexandra, as protector, will open the Hans Christian Andersen International Trade Fair 2005 in the Rosengård centre in Odense

paulette said:
3/22/2005 - Residens på Marselisborg
Princess Alexandra will reside at Marselisborg

Today, Monday 14 March, Princess Alexandra visited the Rehabilitation and Research Scentre for Torture Victims in Copenhagen. Pictures from IS:

Attachments

• 124535759.jpg
    124535759.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 1325357579.jpg
    1325357579.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 12535859235.jpg
    12535859235.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 1253585796790.jpg
    1253585796790.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 125357859.jpg
    125357859.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 247
  • 12533578579.jpg
    12533578579.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 1242768468.jpg
    1242768468.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 123535768.jpg
    123535768.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 123535768.jpg
    123535768.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 1242768468.jpg
    1242768468.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 173
Today, Monday 14 March, Princess Alexandra visited the Rehabilitation and Research Scentre for Torture Victims in Copenhagen. MORE Pictures from IS:

Attachments

• 2424748980.jpg
    2424748980.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 24325857960.jpg
    24325857960.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 176
  • 24357468976.jpg
    24357468976.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 252374823.jpg
    252374823.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 25357568.jpg
    25357568.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 3535757969.jpg
    3535757969.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 353578579.jpg
    353578579.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 424646897.jpg
    424646897.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 196
I think Alexandra looks tired and puffy, not her usual smiling lovely self in the latest pictures. Admittedly she's visiting a center for torture victims, but still I don't think she looks her best.

The flattened hair style may be part of the problem for me.

from B.T.

Det der med, at skilsmissen trækker ud, er ren spekulation og har ikke noget på sig.

Den kommende påske bliver den sidste højtid, hvor prinsesse Alexandra kan kalde sig Hendes Kongelige Højhed.
To dage før skærtorsdag kan prins Joachim og prinsesse Alexandra underskrive deres skilsmissebegæring. Der skal nemlig, siden separationen blev indgivet 22. september sidste år, gå et halvt år, før selve skilsmissebegæringen kan underskrives.

Lagt på www.bt.dk den 15. marts 2005 kl. 00:30

and found this on Ekstra Bladet........

Alex og Joachims skilsmisse trækker ud
I næste uge kan Alexandra og Joachims skilsmisse træde i kraft, men parret nøjes indtil videre med at være separeret...

this is from dr.dk

H.H. Prinsesse Alexandras nye titel

16. februar 2005 12.34

I forbindelse med separationen af Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim og Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra blev det erklæret, at Prinsesse Alexandra efter skilsmissen ikke længere skal tiltales Hendes Kongelige Højhed, men i stedet vil få titlen Hendes Højhed. ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Here it is. The gist of things in the first article is that Princess Alexandra will have a new title once the divorce is finalized. She will be called Her Royal Highness or H.K.H instead of Her Highness or H.H. The "walking papers"(strange that these terms are the same in different languages) will be signed on March 22nd. Everything has been done in an orderly fashion, by mail, it says. 6 months from the separation, the divorce will be official. Then a little about Alex´s living arrangements. Her new home is being renovated. They are not sure when that will be finished. Second article is about the fact that despite the speculation in the first article, we do not know for sure that the divorce will be finalized on the six month mark which is a week from today. The Royal House has not provided any more details. And the third article basically says that Alexandra will be getting the new title. And what if Joachim has more children? Or if Alexandra marries again? Will she lose her title? We shall see.

Last edited:
Dennism said:
Okay. Here it is. The gist of things in the first articleis that Princess Alexandra will have a new title once the divorce is finalized. She will be called Her Royal Highness or H.K.H instead of Her Highness or H.H.....

Alexandra already carries an HRH prefix. I thought that all reports to this point have stated that although Alex would lose her HRH after the divorce, she would instead have the prefix of HH and remain a Princess of Denmark? It is my understanding that only Joachim and Alexandra's children carry HH titles in the present. Their parents carry HRH.

Isabel said:
Alexandra already carries an HRH prefix. I thought that all reports to this point have stated that although Alex would lose her HRH after the divorce, she would instead have the prefix of HH and remain a Princess of Denmark? It is my understanding that only Joachim and Alexandra's children carry HH titles in the present. Their parents carry HRH.

I was confused by the story, too. I thought that your (Isabel) scenario was the right one -- that the "Royal" from HRH would be dropped from Alexandra's title. Didn't Diana lose the Royal part of her title and remained Her Highness, Diana, Princess of Wales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom