The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Joachim also kissed Alex on the cheek, but the picture that Hello showed (purporting to show Joachim kissing Alex) was actually of Frederik.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Courtier

What's going on with Princess Alexandra? She seems to be out of the spotlight for more than week.

After the divorce announcement she was quite busy with royal duties and now its like she's dropped off the face of the earth. Mary is recuperating from her operation, Henrik and Frederik are in St. Tropez sailing ... so only Margrethe and Joachim are out and about performing royal duties?

Old 10-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not exactly, Prince Henrik and Crown Prince Frederik are back from the regatta and are now back carrying out engagements.

Princess Alexandra, her parents, and her two boys are currently vacationing in Greece. Her next engagement is scheduled to be on Oct. 27th.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

Prinsesse Alexandra åbnede onsdag en stor velgørenhedsauktion på Hotel D'Angleterre, København. Auktionen er en del af årets "Sæt fokus på brystkræft"-kampagne i oktober. Overskuddet fra auktionen går ubeskåret til et bestemt brystkræftforskningsprojekt, DCTB, i Kræftens Bekæmpelse. Blandt tingene man kunne byde på var: En far-og -søn -dag med Preben Elkjær, et mor-og-datter-møde med Sofie Lassen-Kahlke og en luksusweekend for to på Mallorca.
www.polfoto.dk

I believe Princess Alexandra is seen here at the Hotel D'Angleterre for an auction supporting breast cancer research??? Also something about going to Majorca with Sofie Lassen-Kahlke (pictured with her) this weekend??? My Danish is less than perfect! :o

www.polfoto.dk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ch123957_guest.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	49137   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch123958_guest.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	49138   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch123959_guest.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	49139  
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Prinsesse Alexandra åbnede onsdag en stor velgørenhedsauktion på Hotel D'Angleterre, København. Auktionen er en del af årets "Sæt fokus på brystkræft"-kampagne i oktober. Overskuddet fra auktionen går ubeskåret til et bestemt brystkræftforskningsprojekt, DCTB, i Kræftens Bekæmpelse. Blandt tingene man kunne byde på var: En far-og -søn -dag med Preben Elkjær, et mor-og-datter-møde med Sofie Lassen-Kahlke og en luksusweekend for to på Mallorca.
www.polfoto.dk
I think it says among other things Princess Alexandra opened a large auction at the Hotel D'Angleteere in Copenhagen. That the auction was part of this years focus on breast cancer campain in Octobe and some of the things you could bid on were a father and son day with Preben ElkjÆr and a mather/daughter lunch with Sofie Lassen Kahleke as well as a weekend for two in Mallorca.

Of course, I speak rusty norwegian, so I am not sure this is 100% either.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pictures. I was wrong in the last statement of my previous message...incidentally I posted about today's engagement at another forum so I knew her next engagement was scheduled to be today
Old 10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the pictures Julia and thanks for the translation lutefisk7. Alexandra looks lovely as usual.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Nobility

More pictures from Greece

More pictures available at the website of the English Hello (I got the tip from reading posts by Viki at GREMB)

The Danish princess escaped the spotlight back home, taking sons Nikolai and Felix on an early autumn jaunt to the Greek isles

Accompanying the young family on the trip were Alexandra's mum and dad, Richard and Christa Manley. Above, Nikolai plays with his grandparents

Alexandra holds Felix in her arms during a stroll on the island of Paros

With windswept hair and little makeup, the princess could have been any young mum on holiday
Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the great pictures Chatleen.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow...she obviously loves her children heaps...she must be a wonderful mother ^___^
Old 10-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Even on a vacation, she never fails to look splendid! I really like her as a princess no matter what.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 10-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Courtier

Alexandra is really a wonderful person....(for me) she seems to be a person who takes care well her sons and her parents as she does to her royal duties.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Courtier

A new "Alexandra profil" in Hello magazine. http://www.hellomagazine.com/profile...cessalexandra/

When Alexandra Manley wed Denmark’s Prince Joachim in 1996, her mother-in-law, Queen Margrethe told of how those who had previously married into the family – including her own French-born husband – arrived "literally in a rain of roses". But, she also warned, inevitably there would be some thorns. "These they often had to find themselves," she said, "and take away, one after the other."

Nearly ten years later Princess Alexandra would pass one of the thorniest moments of her life, when her seemingly fairytale marriage would come to a high-profile end.

The daughter of Shanghai-born Richard Manley and Austria-native Christa Nowotny, Alexandra – the eldest of three sisters – came into the world in Hong Kong on June 30, 1964. A commoner, she had a middle-class upbringing thanks to her father and mother's respective careers as an insurance company executive and manager of a communications company.

Described by one former teacher as "cool and sophisticated", the bright young beauty completed her general schooling in Hong Kong, going on to studying international business abroad at universities in Vienna, Tokyo and London.

It was after returning to Hong Kong that Alexandra met Prince Joachim at a party in the city, where the handsome young royal was working for a Danish shipping company. After a whirlwind courtship, thought to have begun in late autumn of 1994, Prince Joachim, on bended knee, presented Alexandra with a diamond and ruby engagement ring while the couple holidayed together in the Philippines. Their engagement, which took both Alexandra's family and Danish royal watchers by surprise, was officially revealed in May 1995.

Alexandra subsequently left her management post at a Hong Kong investment firm, swapped British citizenship for Danish, and converted from the Anglican church to Lutheran. A keen student of language, she added Danish to her repertoire of English, French, German, Japanese and Cantonese, impressing her future subjects with a public speech in her adopted tongue just three months after her first lesson.

A few months later, Ms Manley became HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, marrying the Queen of Denmark’s second son in the chapel of Frederiksborg Castle on November 18, 1995. Their first child, Prince Nikolai William Alexander Frederik was born on August 28, 1999 and, their second, Prince Felix Henrik Valedmar Christian, arrived on July 22, 2002.

Alexandra immediately became one of Europe's most-loved princesses, earning a reputation for grace, discretion, hard work and a true sense of style. And it was her status as one of Denmark's favourite royals that made the 2004 announcement that the couple were to divorce – the first such split in the royal family since 1846 – even more shocking.

After the separation, Alexandra, who will retain her royal title and an annual allowance, moved out of the marital home and bought a £665,000 villa in the Danish capital, where she will reside with her two children. However, she and her husband also wasted no time presenting a united family front, appearing together at official events as well as their son's first day of school.

Though she has openly admitted she misses Hong Kong, it is unlikely Alexandra will return to her homeland. Saying she "feels Danish", she remarked in 2003: "Denmark is my life now, my future… Danes have welcomed me with open arms from the start." And with a new life ahead of her, it appears that the public will continue to shower the enormously popular princess with roses, despite the fact her royal marriage has come to a prickly end
Old 10-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

October 29, 2004, Princess Alexandra visited LO school in Elsinore to attend the opening of Nordic Conference on Psychotherapy on refugees.

I must say looking as poised as ever...:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	132928.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	52112   Click image for larger version

Name:	132931.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	52113   Click image for larger version

Name:	132929.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	52114   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch124614_guest.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	52339  

Old 10-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

Yah. SHe looks great. I wish they would not get a divorce. But I hope that she will continue to do royal engagements after it.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

some more pics from the conference, 29 October, 2004
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	132995.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	52561   Click image for larger version

Name:	132996.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	52562   Click image for larger version

Name:	132997.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	52563   Click image for larger version

Name:	132998.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	52564  

Name:	132945.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	52732   Click image for larger version

Name:	132943.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	52734   Click image for larger version

Name:	132941.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	52735   Click image for larger version

Name:	132939.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	52736  

Name:	132937.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	52737  
Old 11-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

has she worn that suit in the above pics before? well if she did that's cool...i can't imagine buying expensive clothes and wearing it only once...
Old 11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
has she worn that suit in the above pics before? well if she did that's cool...i can't imagine buying expensive clothes and wearing it only once...
I certainly agree with you hillary_nugent. I really don't like to see those royals buy expensive brands of clothes and they just wear it once. I mean, everyone else in the planet are suffering because of high prices of basic commodities and goods and then we can just see some persons who are just buying tons of expensive clothes and wear it only ONCE.

I think Princess Alexandra should also wear her other gorgeous outfits and hats. I mean she has wore very attractive hats in the past but it seems like she always just wears that brown one. Maybe she feels comfortable with it. She also has other great clothes that needs to be worn again.

If one would look at her earring best viewed on her right side, it has a very nice color. I have observed that she has many accessories with that kind of style.

And also lately there was a gala dinner held in Belgium for the Polish State Visit, Princess Mathilde wore a dress somewhat similar to what Princess Alexandra wore in Hongkong few years ago. Though not really the same. I have just noticed it.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&stc=1&thumb=1
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=53197

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 11-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Hillary_nugent, you have a good memory, she wore the dress in september 2004 for visit to Svendborg.
If you notice carefully, the earrings (flower shape) for both the visits are the same except for different colors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6wg01kwx_guest.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	53259  
Old 11-03-2004, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Well its nice to know that Alexandra wears her clothes more than once i wonder what happens to the clothes of other royals that only wear their clothes once? i know some of them auction them and donate the money to charity but every single clothing item is not auctioned so what happens? do they just sit in their walk-in gigantic wardrobes and rot away? that would be so sad because i absolutely love clothes and i hate buying something especially if it is really expensive and not wearing it often...

Tags
current events, princess alexandra