The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Gammel Holte High School is a state school, but located in one of the more posh parts of Copenhagen and as such it had and has a majority of local students.
Felix second choice for high school was according to himself, Herlufsholm.
Ah, thank you for the information Muhler. I hope Felix will enjoy his time at Gammel Holte and it's nice that a few of his classmates will share his high school experience with him.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Better photos of Nikolai and Benedikte: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-nikol...ig-en-kaereste

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/reso...82-nikolai.jpg

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/reso...62-nikolai.jpg

It will be interesting to see how the media will cover this relationship, because this is after all the first "young love story" since Frederik and Joachim were young. And that's a few years ago...
It will also be interesting to see how Nikolai, and especially the DRF will handle it and whether the press will try and push the boundaries.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has beautiful legs, lucky girl, and a wonderful figure. They look very comfortable with each other.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Better photos of Nikolai and Benedikte: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-nikol...ig-en-kaereste

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/reso...82-nikolai.jpg

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/reso...62-nikolai.jpg

It will be interesting to see how the media will cover this relationship, because this is after all the first "young love story" since Frederik and Joachim were young. And that's a few years ago...
It will also be interesting to see how Nikolai, and especially the DRF will handle it and whether the press will try and push the boundaries.
They look cute. Let's hope the press leaves them alone
(..)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Prince Felix had his last day at school at Krebs' School and was accompanied by his mother, father, Princess Marie and Henrik and Athena:

** BB: Prins Felix fortæller om sit skolevalg ** translation **

Old 07-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the photos iceflower; nice that little Henrik and Athena attended too. Felix looks so grown up!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Some Questions

German Tabloid "Bunte (online)" has it, that the Queen of Denmark has some troubles with Nikolai's relationship...

https://www.bunte.de/royals/daenisch...-gefallen.html

... because she wants him to prepare for his visit of a Military School, while he wants to spend the summer with his girlfriend.

Well, gossip! But why does he have to go to a Military School anyway? Will he get an appanage from the state or will he have to care for his own in his adult live? If he is on his own, than he should have a plan, how to make money!

And if he has to make money... his job as a model is certainly not a good choice. How about studying "chinese" to become a (well paid) liason person between China and the EU (via Denmark) or something? For Sotheby's would a be good to study in this direction too...
Old 07-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I doubt QMII is concerned about Nikolai's girlfriend and certainly not at this stage. It's a high school crush, and it may end now that they have both left the high school to move on with whatever plans Nikolai and Benedikte have.

If anyone are concerned, it would be Joachim and Alexandra, and since Benedikte has been presented to Nikolai's family, I don't think they have any particular concerns in that respect either.

The DRF has always been affiliated with the military and it's no secret that Joachim has expressed a very big wish for Nikolai to join the army and become an officer of the reserves. - Something that IMO as well, will be beneficial for Nikolai later on.
With M&F having four children it is IMO almost certain Nikolai will have to build a career for himself and earn his own money. I would be very surprised if he becomes an active member of the DRF on a level that will entitle him to be granted an apanage.
At best Nikolai will take on a couple of protections and have an expense account.

I cannot imagine either that Nikolai will pursue a full time modelling career. He will almost certainly go to the university at some point after his time in the military. By all accounts he has the brains for it! Not to mention that his parents will not consider a modelling career, even a professional well-paid modelling career as adequate. I'm certain they will demand that he get a higher education.
That he may earn some extra money on the side by modelling from time to time is another matter.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Appanage

Do you know, if he will get an appanage? I just found an article from 2016, that the majority of the Danes want to cut him off.

I mean, his father has money... - but a lot of kids too... and much of it is said to be on stocks, which can be quite volatile.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Nikolai can follow princess Elisabeth's lead and become part of the diplomatic services (as for example is king Willem-Alexander's cousin prince Jaime).

Anything in the business world is more tricky but not unheard of in royal circles.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post

Do you know, if he will get an appanage? I just found an article from 2016, that the majority of the Danes want to cut him off.

I mean, his father has money... - but a lot of kids too... and much of it is said to be on stocks, which can be quite volatile.
He will almost certainly not get an apanage.

Nikolai is actually better off than Athena and Henrik.
Joachim's fortune will be split in four, provided he dies after our Marie.
But Nikolai and Felix will also inherit from their mother, and she must have amassed a decent fortune by now. Certainly enough for her to live a very comfortable life without having to work.

A career in public service would be pretty uncontroversial.
But he may also settle abroad or work for a major Danish company and be more or less permanently stationed abroad, and that will keep him out of the public eye in regards to any potential controversies.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Muhler do you think Nikolai will become the Princess Elisabeth of his generation, attending the big family events and holding a few patronages but not necessarily carrying out engagements full-time?
Old 07-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's next to impossible to say until we know what career Nikolai intends to pursue.

Personally I doubt it.

If anyone of the DRF children are going to do an Elisabeth, it will IMO be Josephine and/or Vincent. - It's good to have a reserve at hand, who can step in from time to time.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But Nikolai is not the only one who is graduating.
Felix had his last day at Krebs School, after ten years. And both mother Alexandra. Joachim the dad and our Marie the bonus mother was there on the last day. And so were Henrik and Athena - who for the time being can't whistle...
Nikolai and girlfriend Benedikte also dropped by.

Felix admitted that it was a bit hard studying for the final examins, but he did well.
Next month he will start a Gammel Holte High School, located not far from his home. Quite a few of the boys from his class will also go to that high school, so he won't feel alone.
Gammel Holte High School is an older high school, with a lot of traditions and located in a posh neighborhood it's safe to say that his fellow students will on average be considerable more affluent than the average high school student elsewhere in DK.
*Gammel Hellerup Gymnaisum But yeah, like Christian, Isabella and the twins' school, a public private school. Alumni includes QMII's goddaughter Ellen Hillingsø. They have nice facilities though – has recently been redesigned by another former alumnus, Bjarke Ingels. And a perfectly understandable choice for Felix – he knows the area, lived on the road on which the school is placed for 11 years. Won't be surprised if that's the school the Crown Prince children opt for as well. If my memory serves me right, GHG is the high school that is closest to their current school.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for the correction, Archduchess Zelia.

I'm not too much into the geography of schools and high schools in Copenhagen.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can't blame you. Holte and Hellerup are practically two sides of the same coin – at least where I'm from

Old 07-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Can't blame you. Holte and Hellerup are practically two sides of the same coin – at least where I'm from
So why did Prince Nikolai go to Herlufsholm and why is this school not selected for Prince Felix? I am just curious and wonder whether school fees are perhaps an issue?
Old 07-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Nikolai will want to pursue a career (but not as a model) and earn his money. I think fashion is just a hobby.

Does Countess Alexandra work?
Old 07-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Zelia, you mentioned the CP children go to 'a public private school', what exactly do you mean?

I've always thought they went to a decent but normal public school (no uniforms etc) unlike Joachim's children. But it sounds like it's not just an average school? More like a public funded school but for posh people?

I have zero knowledge of the education system in Denmark so be patient with me please
Old 07-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Zelia, you mentioned the CP children go to 'a public private school', what exactly do you mean?

I've always thought they went to a decent but normal public school (no uniforms etc) unlike Joachim's children. But it sounds like it's not just an average school? More like a public funded school but for posh people?

I have zero knowledge of the education system in Denmark so be patient with me please
The children of crownprince Frederik attend a normal public School. Its located where a lot of the children have wealthier parents, but if a child move to the area, he or she will be attending that School imidiately.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince felix, prince henrik, prince joachim's children, prince nikolai, princess athena, princess marie's children