Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw absolutely nothing strange. I agree with Alexandra: sucked out of a thick dumb from A to Z.

These kind of "journalists" are a damn bunch of ol´fools!

I´m not good at danish, but I got the impression during that small interview of Nikolai, when being asked by that Se og Hör Reporter about further model jobs, he instantly went pretty cold, turned away and ended the questioning by that.

These kind of "journalists" are a damn bunch of ol´fools!

I´m not good at danish, but I got the impression during that small interview of Nikolai, when being asked by that Se og Hör Reporter about further model jobs, he instantly went pretty cold, turned away and ended the questioning by that.

I noticed that as well. He cut the reporter off. - And that's fine. It's good he has learned to keep them at an arms length.

I noticed that as well. He cut the reporter off. - And that's fine. It's good he has learned to keep them at an arms length.

Muhler, isn't S&H the magazine that was sued by the likes of Mads and Lars Mikkelsen for getting their credit card data?

Muhler, isn't S&H the magazine that was sued by the likes of Mads and Lars Mikkelsen for getting their credit card data?

It is.

Their last editor-in-chief while that scandal went on, is now hiring himself out as a golf-caddie. - He can't find employment within his former line of work.
All involved have by now served their prison sentences.

It is.

Their last editor-in-chief while that scandal went on, is now hiring himself out as a golf-caddie. - He can't find employment within his former line of work.
All involved have by now served their prison sentences.

They all can be glad that the Mikkelbros are absolutely not like the characters they play so well: CA Magnussen, "Putin" , Le Chiffre, Hannibal Lecter...

Wonder, as Danes are so in fashion as actors at the moment - will HH Nikolai become an actor (heard Aarhus is a wonderful school for that) as well as cat walk model? I think Nick Manley is a wonderful nom de guerre. Or Nicholas Monpezat, if he prefers the Frenchy avantgarde direction.

:previous: :lol:

Or a cruel headmaster, so very convincingly played by Lars Mikkelsen, in the movie Der Kommer en Dag - A Day will come: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4659056/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_9
Sofie Gråbøl is also in that movie - and you'll hate both of them if you see it!

I somehow don't think Nikolai will be into acting. - That's probably more Isabella or Josephine.

My best guess is that once Nikolai has finished as lieutenant in two years, he will take a year off, probably traveling, then go to the university. By then he'll be 22 or so.

Last edited:
:previous: Quite the dramatic headline! But then again it is the Daily Fail, so I'd be more surprised about a subtle headline. Interesting that they denied the claim though; given the fact that Se & Hor is another tabloid - perhaps they see themselves as rivals? Sounds pathetic but this is tabloids we're talking about. The fact that the claims came from Se & Hor in the first place makes them questionable. Alexandra has never struck me as the sort of person who would publicly show distaste for someone and she and Marie have always seemed to have been civil towards one another when shown together - I also watched the clip from the article and it just seemed that Alexandra was trying to get in the shot with the rest of the family. No pushing or negative body language seemed to be involved.

Summary of articles in Billed Bladet #27, 2018.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Indeed, Polyesco. ?

Nikolai has been going steady for more than a year with his now official sweetheart (*), 19 year old Benedikte Thoustrup, a fellow high school graduate from Herlufsholm.
She is the daughter of an accomplished businessman, Anders Thoustrup, from the Jutlandic town of Randers.
- That's going to come in handy, because next month Nikolai will go to the town of Varde for his two years in the army. Varde is located a little more than an hour from Randers, keeping within the speed limits...
She is official and she has been presented to Nikolai's parents.

Nikolai had clearly outgrown his school uniform from Herlufsholm... :D
Anyway, both his parents were there for the official graduation party, as well as our Marie and one of his godmothers, Camillia Flinth Bredholt.
Dad was clearly besides himself with pride, but tried to understate it - and failed...
Mother was pretty delighted as well, but she won't be seeing much of her son for some time. He's going to Jutland, and Benedikte is in Jutland, so...
Daddy Joachim was also pretty pleased with Nikolai joining the army, it's pretty clear from the article that it was very much Joachim's wish that Nikolai will join the military. - And having lived at a boarding school he won't have that many problems adjusting IMO.
Nikolai has had a good time at Herlufsholm and he'll miss the place, but now it's time to move on.

Farmor Margrethe has also congratulated Nikolai, though not in person yet.

But Nikolai is not the only one who is graduating.
Felix had his last day at Krebs School, after ten years. And both mother Alexandra. Joachim the dad and our Marie the bonus mother was there on the last day. And so were Henrik and Athena - who for the time being can't whistle...
Nikolai and girlfriend Benedikte also dropped by.

Felix admitted that it was a bit hard studying for the final examins, but he did well.
Next month he will start a Gammel Holte High School, located not far from his home. Quite a few of the boys from his class will also go to that high school, so he won't feel alone.
Gammel Holte High School is an older high school, with a lot of traditions and located in a posh neighborhood it's safe to say that his fellow students will on average be considerable more affluent than the average high school student elsewhere in DK.

Here are the scans for this week: https://app.box.com/s/es2qph6tkqnaks8pl69wpz5otmvtbgev

(*) May that word never vanish from the English language.

Nice photos of Nikolai and his girlfriend. They seem to be a good looking couple - I'm sure these photos will break many hearts in Denmark :D
Exciting news for Felix too, interesting that he isn't going to Herlufsholm like Nikolai. Is the school private or public/state?

Nice photos of Nikolai and his girlfriend. They seem to be a good looking couple - I'm sure these photos will break many hearts in Denmark :D
Exciting news for Felix too, interesting that he isn't going to Herlufsholm like Nikolai. Is the school private or public/state?

Gammel Holte High School is a state school, but located in one of the more posh parts of Copenhagen and as such it had and has a majority of local students.
Felix second choice for high school was according to himself, Herlufsholm.

Gammel Holte High School is a state school, but located in one of the more posh parts of Copenhagen and as such it had and has a majority of local students.
Felix second choice for high school was according to himself, Herlufsholm.

Ah, thank you for the information Muhler. I hope Felix will enjoy his time at Gammel Holte and it's nice that a few of his classmates will share his high school experience with him.

Better photos of Nikolai and Benedikte: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-nikolai-har-faaet-sig-en-kaereste

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/116/1167099/21420282-nikolai.jpg

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/116/1167097/21420262-nikolai.jpg

It will be interesting to see how the media will cover this relationship, because this is after all the first "young love story" since Frederik and Joachim were young. And that's a few years ago...
It will also be interesting to see how Nikolai, and especially the DRF will handle it and whether the press will try and push the boundaries.

She has beautiful legs, lucky girl, and a wonderful figure. They look very comfortable with each other.

Better photos of Nikolai and Benedikte: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-nikolai-har-faaet-sig-en-kaereste

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/116/1167099/21420282-nikolai.jpg

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/116/1167097/21420262-nikolai.jpg

It will be interesting to see how the media will cover this relationship, because this is after all the first "young love story" since Frederik and Joachim were young. And that's a few years ago...
It will also be interesting to see how Nikolai, and especially the DRF will handle it and whether the press will try and push the boundaries.
They look cute. Let's hope the press leaves them alone
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Thank you for the photos iceflower; nice that little Henrik and Athena attended too. Felix looks so grown up!

Some Questions

German Tabloid "Bunte (online)" has it, that the Queen of Denmark has some troubles with Nikolai's relationship...

https://www.bunte.de/royals/daenisc...enigin-margrethe-soll-das-nicht-gefallen.html

... because she wants him to prepare for his visit of a Military School, while he wants to spend the summer with his girlfriend.

Well, gossip! But why does he have to go to a Military School anyway? Will he get an appanage from the state or will he have to care for his own in his adult live? If he is on his own, than he should have a plan, how to make money!

And if he has to make money... his job as a model is certainly not a good choice. How about studying "chinese" to become a (well paid) liason person between China and the EU (via Denmark) or something? For Sotheby's would a be good to study in this direction too...

Well, I doubt QMII is concerned about Nikolai's girlfriend and certainly not at this stage. It's a high school crush, and it may end now that they have both left the high school to move on with whatever plans Nikolai and Benedikte have.

If anyone are concerned, it would be Joachim and Alexandra, and since Benedikte has been presented to Nikolai's family, I don't think they have any particular concerns in that respect either.

The DRF has always been affiliated with the military and it's no secret that Joachim has expressed a very big wish for Nikolai to join the army and become an officer of the reserves. - Something that IMO as well, will be beneficial for Nikolai later on.
With M&F having four children it is IMO almost certain Nikolai will have to build a career for himself and earn his own money. I would be very surprised if he becomes an active member of the DRF on a level that will entitle him to be granted an apanage.
At best Nikolai will take on a couple of protections and have an expense account.

I cannot imagine either that Nikolai will pursue a full time modelling career. He will almost certainly go to the university at some point after his time in the military. By all accounts he has the brains for it! Not to mention that his parents will not consider a modelling career, even a professional well-paid modelling career as adequate. I'm certain they will demand that he get a higher education.
That he may earn some extra money on the side by modelling from time to time is another matter.

Appanage

:previous:

Do you know, if he will get an appanage? I just found an article from 2016, that the majority of the Danes want to cut him off.

I mean, his father has money... - but a lot of kids too... and much of it is said to be on stocks, which can be quite volatile.

Maybe Nikolai can follow princess Elisabeth's lead and become part of the diplomatic services (as for example is king Willem-Alexander's cousin prince Jaime).

Anything in the business world is more tricky but not unheard of in royal circles.

Do you know, if he will get an appanage? I just found an article from 2016, that the majority of the Danes want to cut him off.

I mean, his father has money... - but a lot of kids too... and much of it is said to be on stocks, which can be quite volatile.

He will almost certainly not get an apanage.

Nikolai is actually better off than Athena and Henrik.
Joachim's fortune will be split in four, provided he dies after our Marie.
But Nikolai and Felix will also inherit from their mother, and she must have amassed a decent fortune by now. Certainly enough for her to live a very comfortable life without having to work.

A career in public service would be pretty uncontroversial.
But he may also settle abroad or work for a major Danish company and be more or less permanently stationed abroad, and that will keep him out of the public eye in regards to any potential controversies.

Muhler do you think Nikolai will become the Princess Elisabeth of his generation, attending the big family events and holding a few patronages but not necessarily carrying out engagements full-time?

That's next to impossible to say until we know what career Nikolai intends to pursue.

Personally I doubt it.

If anyone of the DRF children are going to do an Elisabeth, it will IMO be Josephine and/or Vincent. - It's good to have a reserve at hand, who can step in from time to time.

But Nikolai is not the only one who is graduating.
Felix had his last day at Krebs School, after ten years. And both mother Alexandra. Joachim the dad and our Marie the bonus mother was there on the last day. And so were Henrik and Athena - who for the time being can't whistle...
Nikolai and girlfriend Benedikte also dropped by.

Felix admitted that it was a bit hard studying for the final examins, but he did well.
Next month he will start a Gammel Holte High School, located not far from his home. Quite a few of the boys from his class will also go to that high school, so he won't feel alone.
Gammel Holte High School is an older high school, with a lot of traditions and located in a posh neighborhood it's safe to say that his fellow students will on average be considerable more affluent than the average high school student elsewhere in DK.

*Gammel Hellerup Gymnaisum :D But yeah, like Christian, Isabella and the twins' school, a public private school. Alumni includes QMII's goddaughter Ellen Hillingsø. They have nice facilities though – has recently been redesigned by another former alumnus, Bjarke Ingels. And a perfectly understandable choice for Felix – he knows the area, lived on the road on which the school is placed for 11 years. Won't be surprised if that's the school the Crown Prince children opt for as well. If my memory serves me right, GHG is the high school that is closest to their current school.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction, Archduchess Zelia. ?

I'm not too much into the geography of schools and high schools in Copenhagen.

:previous: Can't blame you. Holte and Hellerup are practically two sides of the same coin – at least where I'm from :whistling: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom