Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of magazine is Dust?

:previous: Their website states that Dust is a fashion and art magazine, so I presume that Nikolai is promoting fashion labels when he models (IIRC he last modelled for Burberry).

For now he's only doing part-time modeling before entering the army in a few months.

I don’t have anything against Nikolai modeling, but I don’t think he should use his title of Prince of Denmark to break into the business, which he is apparently doing. That is inappropriate IMHO.

:previous: Their website states that Dust is a fashion and art magazine, so I presume that Nikolai is promoting fashion labels when he models (IIRC he last modelled for Burberry).

I was wondering what he was promoting. Do we know which labels he was promoting - especially as it was framed as 'the young royal'.

I don’t have anything against Nikolai modeling, but I don’t think he should use his title of Prince of Denmark to break into the business, which he is apparently doing. That is inappropriate IMHO.

Whilst I also don't have a problem, as stated above, this is one thing that irks me somewhat (I thought using "Prince Nikolai" as an embroidery pattern on his shirt was rather strange). Attempting to get more widely recognised in the modelling world by using his royal title doesn't come across as very professional in royal circles IMO.

I was wondering what he was promoting. Do we know which labels he was promoting - especially as it was framed as 'the young royal'.

Well, I didn't get that message from your question and thought I was trying to be helpful. I didn't know you were asking about labels since you just asked what kind of magazine Dust was without any additional wonders.

Last edited:
Whilst I also don't have a problem, as stated above, this is one thing that irks me somewhat (I thought using "Prince Nikolai" as an embroidery pattern on his shirt was rather strange). Attempting to get more widely recognised in the modelling world by using his royal title doesn't come across as very professional in royal circles IMO.

Well, I didn't get that message from your question and thought I was trying to be helpful. I didn't know you were asking about labels since you just asked what kind of magazine Dust was without any additional wonders.

I wasn't. You kindly answered my question! I probably should have started my reply with 'thanks' before continueing my additional wonders... So, thanks!

At first I was wondering in general why he was in the magazine, whether he was promoting anything at all (a good cause would be more common for a royal but seemed unlikely). Your specification narrowed down my question to what brand he might be promoting :flowers:

Frankly I’m surprised Joachim allowed him to model at all, let alone use his title. He seems like such a traditional kind of royal.

That’s a relief. ? Modeling is all right but deep down I still think people with titles should serve.

I don't see why. There are other ways to 'serve or give back to your country' without being in the army. I think they should encourage royals, at least those that wont be full time working royals, to pursue careers that help/serve others but not neccesarily the army. Unless they have a real calling/desire. And that goes for females. If the male royals are expected to do some military service, the women should as well.

I don't see why. There are other ways to 'serve or give back to your country' without being in the army. I think they should encourage royals, at least those that wont be full time working royals, to pursue careers that help/serve others but not neccesarily the army. Unless they have a real calling/desire. And that goes for females. If the male royals are expected to do some military service, the women should as well.
At the unveiling of their mother's portrait Prince Felix said that he thought he'd like to follow in his big brother's footsteps and join the army after he finished the Danish equivalent of high school. His wording made it clear to me that this choice was of their own volition and not because it was something expected by their family.
That said having grown up in a family with a long tradition of military service would put it's mark on anyone.

Last edited:

I guess the heir to the Crown is normally expected to have some military experience because, in most monarchies, the King is still the formal supreme commander of the Armed Forces , even though that role is now purely symbolic only .

In the UK, in particular, there has been a pattern of younger sons of the monarch being active military men and even being deployed in actual combat operations in a way the heir himself could not be ( Andrew and Harry are the most recent examples). However, that is not necessarily true in all countries. In the Netherlands, for example, neither Constantijn nor Friso had military training as far as I know.

Last edited:
I guess the heir to the Crown is normally expected to have some military experience because, in most monarchies, the King is still the formal supreme commander of the Armed Forces , even though that role is now purely symbolic only .

In the UK, in particular, there has been a pattern of younger sons of the monarch being active military men and even being deployed in actual combat operations in a way the heir himself could not be ( Andrew and Harry are the most recent examples). However, that is not necessarily true in all countries. In the Netherlands, for example, neither Constatntijn nor Friso had military training as far as I know.

I wasn't commenting on how monarchies do or do not expect their heirs to serve :ermm:

I was responding to a poster who thinks that anyone with a title should be required to serve. It was their post I was responding to, questioning Their opinion that any one with a title should be in the military.

Serving in the military isn't the only way to serve one's country IMO. That's what I was saying.

And if monarchies like the UK think it is good that royal heirs serve, then it should be equal. We should see the females in the family be encouraged to serve as well. The military has women in it, if George and Louis are expected to serve, then so should Charlotte.

We're not talking 'heir' anyways as this conversation is about Nikolai and Felix.

I'm not sure I like this Superman-hairstyle. It's a bit too metro-sexual for my taste. :ermm:
What's that around his right earlobe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure it was Nikolai himself who set up this page. Or he must be used to talking about himself in third person... although other posts are in the first person, so I'm not sure what to make of it

"He speaks in English"
"Can't get over his accent!!"
"Getting pampered as a model-royalty in #diorsummer19 where he opened the show and closed it!'

'My chocolate fix'
'Im here! And ready for #diorsummer19 #princenikolai'

:previous: I agree.

Looks more like he contributed with a couple of selfie-vids.
Could it be his agency?

oh my gooooooooood!

His girl(boy-?)friend, if he has one, must be a very lucky girl/guy...!

Frankly I’m surprised Joachim allowed him to model at all, let alone use his title. He seems like such a traditional kind of royal.

Well, actually Joachim had no choice to ever "allow", or not to, his eldest son´ s ambition to model because in Denmark you are considered as adult when reaching the age of 18 (and Nikolai will be 19 in 2 months time already!). So it was a decision Nikolai has made in his own right and his father had virtually no saying in this.

I saw the video indeed it looks as Alexandra said:" don't hug my kid, he is mine" I am sure it is things behind doors we do not know and this action of Alexandra talks for itself

What...?!:ermm:
I´ve seen many videos about Alexandra meeting Marie and the two of them have always been very kind and friendly towars each other. What you might have seen in this video, I didn´ t see at all!

It is a contratiction when you say "we do not know about the things behind closed door" (that could include which I am pretty sure of, that both women are having a good relationship) and Alexandra´ s "action" would talk for itself...

Alexandra, think of her what you will, never occured to me as a jealous kind of woman. I rather believe she´ s happy her sons are doing well with their father´ s 2nd wife.

Last edited:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-...er-staerkt-omdiskuteret-video-pure-opspind-og

It was the magazine Se & Hør that came up with the "interpretation" that Alexandra and our Marie was "fighting" over Nikolai. And that was based on en expert in body language who had studied the video. (Presumably ignoring what their own photographer and journalist present must really have seen.)

Alexandra has now vie her lawyer contacted Se & Hør and made them add the following text to the online article:
"Countess Alexandra states that the article in every respect is pure fabrication and personally offensive."
Grevinde Alexandra udtaler, at artiklen i enhver henseende er pure opspind og personligt krænkende

Alexandra's lawyer will not comment on whether he intends to take Se & Hr to court.

The editor-in-chief for Se & Hør, Niels Pinsborg, says:
"I think you can see what is going on in the photos. Countess Alexandra has another interpretation than ours. That's fair enough."
He adds that he doesn't know whether this will end up before the press complaints committee. (They can raise issues on their own accord.)
"That's up to them. We are untroubled by that."
Jeg synes, man kan se, hvad der sker på billederne. Grevinde Alexandra har så en anden opfattelse end vores. Det er jo fair nok,« siger han, der ikke ved, om artiklen ender i Pressenævnet.

»Det er op til dem. Det tager vi stille og roligt

- There is considerable competition on the gossip market and Se & Hør still has a very bad reputation, not least among the A-class of celebs here in DK. So interviews are rare, exclusives are rare it's rare they get invited inside the homes of celebs. Especially as Se & Hør persists in interpreting everything in as sensational manner as possible. Imagine Womens Day and you got it.
That means the A-class shun the magazine even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom