Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Prince Henrik, News 1: July 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to part 1 of Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Prince Henrik's thread.

Please post only current article and photo links regarding their activities.

The old thread can be found here.

Before posting, please read:

TRF Rules & Member FAQ & Zero Tolerance Policy

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright holder.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to reliable published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Danish Forum Moderators
Dazzling, Empress, Iceflower, JessRulz, Mandy

Am fairly confident that there will be some talk about the paper airplanes and other behaviors in church from the boys' grandmother. (Even if they were a "gift" to Marie and their little stepbrother)

They looked very well put together, suits were pressed, shirts actually fit. Much better than coming off the Dannebrog.

They are growing up so fast --- into very good looking boys. Do they go to Schackenborg every weekend?

Untitled Page

Prince Henrik has received a mug and spoon from the village of Tonder as a gift. It was created for him by goldsmiths Karen Ihle and Jens Eliasen from Tonder. It is made of silver and gold. It took them over a week to make. They have provided gifts to the royal family before.

For Prince Felix, they created a mug and spoon in a square shape, and for Nikolai, a mug and spoon in a round shape. Each set is unique, and is made of 925 sterling silver and 18 karat gold.

I hope the 3 brothers will love each other equally,no matter if the little Prince is their half-brother.They are all adorable kids!

Yes, I also hope that there will be enough time for them to be together so they can be real friends. The two older boys do live in Copenhagen, with their mother and Martin, only visit Schackenborg on occasions. Is it true they go to Jutland on weekends? Is that EVERY weekend? That's an awful lot of traveling...

Marie and Joachim have already established skiing vacations with the older boys, perhaps this will become an annual event, even though little Henrik will not be able to join in on the fun for a while.

Hopefully, there will be more children and all will get along. The potential for such a good feeling is there. I'm sure the parents and their spouses are very much in favor of it.

What a beautiful gesture, to take the baby to her grandmother. Marie is a sensitive woman, whose values are in the right place. The tenderness that Joachim displays toward his young son is incredible. Just beautiful.

I have been wondering about Appel these days, we don't seem to see much of this little dog any more. Did Appel also go to France, or are traveling days over?

There was no mention of her in the article, but she appeared in the photos of Marie and Joachim pushing Prince Henrik in the pram earlier this summer. She could be seen with Marie's mother, who was holding her leash. It can be quite busy traveling with an infant, so perhaps she stayed at home. Prince Henrik most likely needs constant attention (feeding, diapers, etc).

Yes, I remember seeing Appel with Marie's mother in the first pictures of the baby's outing in the pram. I had forgotten ...It's just that Appel was the center of attention for such a long time during the courtship that not seeing him/her now seemed unusual.

Oh, yes, there certainly is much to do when a baby comes.

Pics 12.8.2009

Today has been the first school day of the new
schoolyear for Prince Nicolai and Prince Felix at
Krebs school in central Copenhagen. Their parents
Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra brought
them to school:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **belga **

What great pictures! Now that is the way divorced parents should act (based on a pic or two) in the best interests of their children.

Kudos the the family!

Thank you so much for the pictures, iceflower. :flowers:
I am glad both Joachim and Alexandra where there for their sons' first day of the new school year, just as in previous years.

They are both wonderful parents and amazing people for putting the needs of their children above anything else. And it is wonderful they still have such close relationship with each other. This picture of Joachim and Alexandra greeting each other speaks volumes of their characters.

Alexandra looks wonderful. Nikolai and Felix are gorgeous as ever.

Last edited:
The boys seem to be happy to be back at school. Its nice to see Joachim and Alexandra still have a good relationship and its also quite nice being there together for their kids on such days. Pictures are lovely

So nice to see Joachim and Alexandra greeting each other warmly. Incredible how tall Nikolai is getting - he's up to his mother's shoulder.

Funny to see Joachim hoisting him up in his arms when he's so tall ! Granted, Joachim is so much taller than Alexandra that Nikolai is quite a bit shorter in proportion. The boys are handsome as ever.

I'm glad to see that Joachim & Alexandra have a healthy relationship,too!That's the best thing to do when you've got little children.I wish them the best of luck for the new school year!

Nikolai looks just like his mum.

I never noticed how much he resembles her until I saw this photo for the first time. He and his brothers are such beautiful children. I really like the fact that both Joachim and Alexandra have always made the effort to remain friendly. I'm sure that it means a lot to the boys to have both mum and dad present for their important events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sgl,you're right.I had noticed that some years ago and it surprised me so much.Nikolai is a bit Asian-looking,if we can put it this way,while Felix is a fair North European-looking boy.Of course,the difference can't be seen from a distance.Only if you have a close look,you'll understand it.

I am glad to see that Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra still have a warm relationship and the boys seems to be happy to go back to school. Their summer hoilday is over now and they seem to have a short summer hoilday. I wish them all the best for the new school year!:flowers:

I am glad to see that Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra still have a warm relationship and the boys seems to be happy to go back to school. Their summer hoilday is over now and they seem to have a short summer hoilday. I wish them all the best for the new school year!:flowers:

A short summer holiday you say..the students in the schools her in Denmark have 7 weeks off from the school in the summertime.

A short summer holiday you say..the students in the schools her in Denmark have 7 weeks off from the school in the summertime.

Really? This does seem short, but then again, they are probably receiving an excellent education. Will Nikolai and Felix have a winter break other than the one around Christmas? I'm also curious about what level or grade they are in school this year.

Don't they also have a holiday in February? Wasn't that when they went to Switzerland to ski with Marie and their father - 2 years in a row now?

Really? This does seem short, but then again, they are probably receiving an excellent education. Will Nikolai and Felix have a winter break other than the one around Christmas? I'm also curious about what level or grade they are in school this year.

Betwen the summerholiday and christmasholiday ther is a just one week off for the students in the schools her in Denmark...its callede the autumholiday.. I think that Prince Nikolai is now in 5. grade and Prince Felix is in 3.grade (but i´m not 100 % shure about it)

Don't they also have a holiday in February? Wasn't that when they went to Switzerland to ski with Marie and their father - 2 years in a row now?

Yes the students in the schools her in Denmark have a wintherholiday in February namde wintherholiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all in all they handled their whole divorce in a positive and discreet way. And the ones who benefit most from that is their sons. Many divorcees (especially in the public eye) could learn a thing or too from them. :)

Kind of sad to see the last picture when they wave goodby from across the street. One almost wishes they'd go for a coffee somewhere, chat a bit, and then go to their separate schedules.

I like Alexandra's new haircut. It looks very sophisticated on her.

Hola has an article that talks about the friendly relationship between Joachim and Alexandra. It praises their family values, and talks about how the two work as a team for the sake of their two boys:
El prÃ*ncipe JoaquÃ*n y la condesa Alejandra: unos padres muy bien avenidos
It says that on the first day of school, Alexandra took Nikolai and Felix to the school, where Joachim was waiting for them. The article also says that they are both friendly with each other's new spouses.

And another article (in French) about the first day of school:
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=17281
This article says that it was the first day of school for the princes, and that they jumped into the arms of their father, who was waiting for them. They were taken to their school by their mother.

Last edited:
It seems that Nikolai resembles his mother and maternal grandfather, while Felix resembles his father, maternal grandmother and royal grandparents more.

Very handsome boys, both of them, and it's incredible to notice how much taller they've become recently. It looks like they're taking after their father in that respect.

Woh, Alexandra seems verty stylish with her new haircut.
Nice to see the boys back to school, as well the good relationship that prince Joaquim and Alexandra seems to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom