The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Felix was scared by parts of the film "The Wild Swans" which featured costumes and sets that were designed by his grandmother, Queen Margrethe.
TV 2 Vip - Felix skræmt af farmors film

The article says that there were some scary monsters in the film. The young prince put his head on his mother, who gave him a consoling hug.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Nikolai and Felix visit their little brother:
Billed-Bladet - Nikolai og Felix besøger deres lillebror
The article says that even though little Henrik is old enough to go to a day nursery, the idea isn't even under consideration by Joachim and Marie. Nikolai and Felix have visited little Henrik several times, and each time, the brothers play with their baby brother, who always smiles when he sees the two older boys. When asked if the family has a nickname for the baby, Princess Marie said no, "We call him Henrik, but we also call him Henri".

Old 10-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Good to have the three boys become playmates and friends from the earliest years.

Little Henrik certainly is growing and getting more adorable. This is such a delicious stage. Their parents can't be blamed for not even considering putting him into a daycare of some sort. Why should they? They don't have to go to a "job" and have the means to have staff to supplement the care when they do have obligations and events to attend. He's not even 6 months old yet!

Looking back at the days when Marie always had Apple in a travel bag, it's kind of funny to see how Joachim has been relegated to that task. Very modern royals, and charming. They look so at ease with each other. I'm happy for Joachim getting a second chance to have a normal family life.

They are also practical, traveling by commercial airlines, not a private jet. This is a very sensible royal family.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

the pictures of henrik and joachim carrying little apple are just great! very adorable family and the lilleprinsen is growing so fast! he looks already as charming as his two older brothers.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix spent some sunny autumn holidays
in Turkey together with their mother and Martin Jørgensen. Here
are some very nice pics of the four, the article only says that they
now have their holiday home there and enjoyed their time a lot:

** Nikolai og Felix i Tyrkiet - Se prinsernes dejlige ferie! **
Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Didn't Joaquim and Marie also purchase a condominium or house in Turkey recently?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Nice short article about Alexandra, Martin and the princes. Also two pics of the family.

Alexandra looks great!

Countess Alexandra and devoted husband Martin chill in the Med with her two princes - hellomagazine.com

Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Turkey seems to be the "hot spot" for the jet set. Prince Joachim proposed to Marie there, it was stated that they bought property there, now Alexandra and Martin go there with Nikolai and Felix, others have been to a super plush hotel located in the vicinity.

There has been a lot of recent news about Turkey's beautiful spots along the coast.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
Turkey seems to be the "hot spot" for the jet set. Prince Joachim proposed to Marie there, it was stated that they bought property there, now Alexandra and Martin go there with Nikolai and Felix, others have been to a super plush hotel located in the vicinity.

There has been a lot of recent news about Turkey's beautiful spots along the coast.
I know that Alexandra and Martin have recently bought a vacation home in Turkey, but I haven't heard that Joachim and Marie have bought anything in Turkey. Where did you read this, Rylt11? The home that Alexandra bought was in a development that Denis Knudsen (who has worked as a stylist to both Alexandra and Marie) was part owner/investor.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Is this the Villa Oasic Club in Alanya, Turkey ??

Does Martin actually have an income, I know he works some for his Father's film company, but enough for a Villa ?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Courtier

I read about the purchase of a posh condominium in Turkey right here on TRF. It was about the time they were just married or on their honeymoon, I believe. I think it was speculated that they might go there on their honeymoon.

If I remember, it was Golden something or other, or had the word gold in the name. Evidently, there is 24 hour babysitting service available, and many other nice amenitites.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Is this the Villa Oasic Club in Alanya, Turkey ??

Does Martin actually have an income, I know he works some for his Father's film company, but enough for a Villa ?
He also seems to do other work as well; I believe he works for media-training company Prime Time Communications as well and helps Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Chairman of the Social Democrats with what works in front of camera, presenting himself credibly and naturally on camera and so on. But the money probably partially comes from Alexandra's own income as well; she has an income herself from her job as a director of Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Doesn't she also receive an allowance by virtue of being the mother of the two princes? Doesn't Joachim have to pay this? He and the queen bought the house in Copenhagen that Alexandra, Martin and the boys live in. So, basically, this is the holiday, or second, house she could buy with Martin.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

What a cute little guy Prince Henrik is. All three boys got good genes!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

BB has an article about Prince Henrik's first Christmas:
Billed-Bladet - Sådan bliver lille prins Henriks første jul

The article says that the little prince will not celebrate Christmas with his brothers, Nikolai and Felix, since they will be with their mother, Countess Alexandra. The older boys were with Joachim last year, and apparently, they alternate Christmases with their parents. When asked by reporters where they would celebrate Christmas, Prince Joachim said "probably Marselisborg Castle". They usually celebrate Christmas at the residence in Arhus with the Queen and Prince Henrik, which is a family tradition. The article also said that it the crown prince couple and other close relatives would most likely spend Christmas at Marselisborg.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

i thought the whole danish family usually spent xmas together in marsellisborg as a tradition?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

They do. The article said that the older boys would spend Christmas with their mother this year. Joachim and Alexandra must have an alternating schedule for Christmas. Last year, Nikolai and Felix spent Christmas with their father. The article said that it has been a tradition for the royal family to spend Christmas at Marselisborg since the Queen and Prince Henrik have been reigning.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Oh then sorry Carlota, my mistake with the blog, I wrote Aarhus by accident. I'll go and correct that now

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I too had understood that the boys would spend Christmas with their mother.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

On Wednesday 25 November, Prince Henrik will officially be part of the royal succession to the throne, according to this article:
Lille prins Henrik bliver ny arving - Danmark

The article says that on Wednesday, an official ceremony will be conducted in the Foreign Ministry. There was a royal decree issued in 1779 which states that all royal heirs must be enrolled in Dabsprotokollen (no idea what this means, maybe a Danish member can enlighten me) by the foreign minister.