The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai celebrated Nikolai's 9th birthday in Copenhagen. (Picture taken 25-08-2008)

PPE Agency Copenhagen

Old 08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

They are both gorgeous looking boys. I think Nikolai resembles his Mum. He has slightly almond shaped eyes. Felix takes after his, Dad.Such handsome children!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Commoner

Thanks for pics! Nikolai and Felix are so adorable :)
Old 08-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
They are both gorgeous looking boys. I think Nikolai resembles his Mum. He has slightly almond shaped eyes. Felix takes after his, Dad.Such handsome children!
I've noticed those resemblances before too - Nikolai obviously takes after his mum and Felix after Joachim - like Alexandra and her sisters (she, with her Chinese features, dark hair and skin takes after her father, whereas her sisters, with blonde/brown hair and pale skin look very much like their mother).

Here is an article about Nikolai & Felix at the circus
SE og HØR - Alexandra: Familie-cirkus

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 08-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Courtier

I'm paranoic, but Felix could be a desireble son in law for Princes of Asturias.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Two articles here:

Nikolai celebrates his 9th birthday
Billed-Bladet - Prins Nikolai fylder 9 år

Nikolai gets caught up in the dog's leash at the walkathon:
Billed-Bladet - Nikolai flået omkuld af cockerspaniel

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy

They are so cute! I love them!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

BT have got a gallery of Nikolai here for his birthday here:
B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex001 View Post
Nikolai with Joachim, Alexandra and Martin on his first day at school: Hola! Photos ... [snipped]

I find this photo rather awkward.
It just does not look right to me. While it is truly nice the Mr. Jorgensen does a decent job as a step father, I believe it would be better, if Prince Nikolai stood between his parents. The above is my personal impression.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

You're right. Poor Joachim looks like some random guy or a school headmaster instead of Felix's dad. The way the image is set up -- Alex, Felix holding hands with Martin -- it looks like he, Martin, is the natural father... instead of vice versa.

Other than that, I am pleased to see how well Alex and Joachim get along in public.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Nobility

You have to remember that Felix was only 2 years old at the time of the divorce. He cannot remember living with Joachim under the same roof. I'm sure he knows very well that J. is his dad, but Martin is the one he lives with and spend most of his time with. As most Dads do in a divorce, poor J. has drawn the short end of the straw. For Nikolai things may be a bit different, he certainly remembers what was going on back then.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Unhappy

Joachim looks completely out of place in that photo.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

Its the same with Marius. He spent so much more time with Haakon than his biological father, who wasnt around much by the time he was aware of surroundings. Marius is som much more a part of the Norwegian royal family than his dads.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Nobility

I thought Joachim and Alexandra shared custody of Felix and Nikolai?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
I thought Joachim and Alexandra shared custody of Felix and Nikolai?
I thought that too, but Joachim lives in Shackenborg, which is in Mgeltnder. That is in another part of Denmark than Copenhagen, where, I believe, Alexandra lives and the boys go to school. I don't know if this is really true or not, but I kind of took it as the boys live with Alexandra and Martin and spend a lot of time with Joachim, although don't live with him all the time. Of course, he has a place in Copenhagen as well, so perhaps they stay with him when he is in town.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Its the same with Marius. He spent so much more time with Haakon than his biological father, who wasnt around much by the time he was aware of surroundings. Marius is som much more a part of the Norwegian royal family than his dads.
You really cannot compare these two situations. Mette Marit was never married to Marius' father and they haven't really kept in touch. J and A were married for 9 years and have joined custody. That's an totally different situation. Although I'm sure MM doesn't mind Marius having contact with his biological father.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Its nice to see Joachim takes the boys out to some of his events. Some events seem interesting and the boys look like they are having a good time. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Nobility

I like the way these boys are gently coached towards their future royal roles. What a difference with The Netherlands, where every royal kid is kept out of the limelight as much as possible. I prefer the Danish way, it makes live easier for the children. Joachim really seems a fun dad and I admire Marie for keeping her distance at such events and letting the boys have their time with dad.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It looks like the boys really enjoyed themselves. I think it is nice that Joachim took them out for a father-sons day.

Closed Thread

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, felix, joachim, nikolai, pictures, prince felix, prince joachim, prince nikolai, princess alexandra