Prince Joachim, Current Events Part 2: September 2005 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, Alex001. I didn't know that this fund was still in existence. I had assumed that it was discontinued after the divorce. It is very nice that they are able to work together.

As far as I know, they've been handing out money every year since the divorce - I wasn't sure what would happen to it now that Joachim is married to Marie, but it seems that they have no intention of ending the fund - and good for them! I think it's great that they can still co-operate to the extent of carrying out official functions together.

Pics 10.3.2009

10-03-2009 Hjoerring: Nanna Stahlschmidt received a prize from
Prince Joachim for her project Bag-Up. The competition took place
in Hjoerring in Denmark with more than hundred young people.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Here is a an article and photo of Prince Joachim with ballet dancer Siljia Schandorff at the Reumert Prize event at the Royal Theatre in Denmark on 26 April 2009:

Ekstra Bladet - Silja Schandorff hædret med ærespris

Princess Marie was unable to attend due to the fact that she is in the later stage of her pregnancy.

I do not have a link to DR.dk or Fyens.dk --- but those articles would probably be in Danish, right? So, they would need a little translation.

Prince Joachim looks very handsome and happy. I'm sure he'll be elated once the baby is born.

Prince Joachim at the Reumert Awards in Copenhagen, 26-04-2009, Copenhagen.
PPE Agency

This may be off topic and needs to be moved to a different thread, but there's something awkward about what Prince Joachim is wearing at the Reumert awards. It's the fit, or something. Is that a brocade jacket ?

He himself looks rested.

I think he looks very dashing and debonair in that tuxedo, he also seems to look much younger, relaxed and less stressed than 3 or 4 years ago. Lovely!

Yes, he looks rested and relaxed, but there is something about that tux jacket and pants --- too long, too loose? Something looks a little off to me.

He always looks elegant, given that nice height. In tails with medals and sashes, he cuts quite a figure.

It's the jacket, in my opinion, it's just cut too long and looks awkward. He himself looks extremely well.

Pics 29.4.2009

29-04-2009 Copenhagen : Prince Joachim at the presentation
and test drive of the danish eco cars at the Shell Eco Marathon
2009 in Copenhagen .

There's definetely not much space in that car :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say everybody is excited and waiting for the baby. Any day now, I guess.

Prince Joachim has good color and looks very well in the recent posts. One can see the happiness in his eyes.

Prince Joachim has good color and looks very well in the recent posts. One can see the happiness in his eyes.

I think so as well, since he's married again you can see
his happiness shining through- that's always nice to see :)

Here are some additional pics to the ones from yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I'm glad to see that they are reporting on Prince Joachim's many engagements.

Such a shame that he can't stop that dangerous habit... Isn't there a direct ration between a pack of cigarettes and time taken off one's life span? With a new generation coming on (and hopefully, more children), seeing this is a contradiction of life goals.

Are Marie and the newborn still in Copenhagen or in Schackenborg?

I meant to write ratio, not ration in post #202. I hope someone can correct it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Joachim attended an AC/DC concert in Parken. They are one of the prince's favorite bands. He went to the concert with some of his closest friends. Joachim has been a fan of the band since 1988, according to the article:

Billed-Bladet - Prins Joachim til rock med vennerne

Prince Joachim visited the new ISAF team of the Danish Battle Group before they are leaving for Afghanistan in August. together with OL Karsten Kjaer and EC Jakob Bjergborg

PPE Agency

Pics 17.8.2009

Prince Joachim opened the ICoMST Congress for meat researchers
at the Bellan Center on Aug. 17. 2009 Copenhagen, Denmark.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

He seems to have lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months

Yes, there's a change in his face from the end of June on.

In the pictures taken at the end of June, he was sporting a nice tan, and looked very well. The next pictures on this thread, taken mid August, are in a closed room, blue, with harsh lighting,so he looks very different. I hope it's just the lighting, though his eyes look tired.

It could be having a new baby in the household ....

Prince Joachim will take over the duties of chancellor of the orders Elephant and Dannebrog from his father beginning 1 October, according to this article:
Prins Joachim overtager prinsgemalens job - Danmark

From the translated article:
Orden chancellor is responsible for the administrative work surrounding the distribution of the two systems Elephant and Dannebrog. The work is among other things is to evaluate the options to order and to sign certificates to be awarded with orders and Merit.

And another article talking about Joachim's new duties:
http://www.bt.dk/royale/joachim-erstatter-henrik

Last edited:
The article also says that P.Henrik asked to be changed therefore QM has given the position to P.Joachim.

What excatly is the position?

It is the position of chancellor of the royal orders. Joachim will be in charge of the orders Dannebrog and the Elephant. He oversees the administrative work of the orders, signs the certificates, and according to the article, "evaluates the options to order" (I'm not quite sure what this means). Of course, the Queen has final say on anything related to the orders. The article also says that Joachim will be able to do a lot of the work for this position from Schackenborg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom