Prince Joachim, Current Events 1: September 2004 - 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the article lasu. I read it in the paper and after having met him, you really do get a sense of Joachim's personality from this snippet -- even if Joachim is very reserved and controlling in what information he dispenses to the press.

Thus the prince gets drunk Joaquín

Some years ago, in a visit to Cyprus, the brother of Federico of Denmark celebrated a great festival in which he did not stop to drink

The Prince of Denmark did not stop to drink cócteles and beer during his visit al danish camp of Cyprus. An authentic night of excesses..

The public image of the prince Joaquín of Denmark, of 35 years, decays for moments.

Joaquín of Denmark did not leave neither full a single jug of beverage and finished for the floors.

In spite of its marital break, Joaquín and Alexandra chatted friendly in the ceremony of opening of the Tuesday passed danish Parliament.

Bathed in shorts

After three weeks ago was separated of the princess Alexandra, after nine married years, begin to leave images that do credible the rumors that aim at that its marriage failed for its problems with the alcohol.

Some years ago, already married, the prince starred in these bochornosas images during a visit to the danish military base in Cyprus.

There, next to various soldiers, took a lot of beer and various cócteles and offered all a spectacle: danced, bathed in shorts, was dragged for the floor and until lost the equilibrium in several occasions.

Here go the rumour mills ...

Danish Magazin Kig Ind

Copenhagen, Denmark - The danish magazin Kig Ind writes today that Prince Joachim has a new girlfriend named Ulrika in Sweden. Photo: Niels Henrik Dam

Source: Colourpress

Attachments

• joachim-b.jpg
    joachim-b.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 296
  • joachim-a.jpg
    joachim-a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 294
Alexandria said:
he danish magazin Kig Ind writes today that Prince Joachim has a new girlfriend named Ulrika in Sweden. Photo: Niels Henrik Dam
I tend to get suspicious, when they aren't able to even come up with a blurred picture of the girl ;)

Boy, that Fröken Jonsson gets around. Just kidding. I´m glad to see she has settled down...finally.

The tabloids everywhere you go around the world never print all the time correct news. They just make stories to attract buyers and gain money on it.

They can't even show a picture of the girl who is believed to be the new girlfriend of Prince Joachim. Only the Prince's face is there. And besides, there are a lot of Ulrika's even in Denmark.

Some pics of Joachim with Nikolai and Felix at a farm..

I just love Felix, he is sooooooooooooooo cute. Every time I see him, I just wanna go and pull his chubby cheeks..:D

here is the caption that goes along with the pics, maybe some who speaks Danish can translate it.

Felix og Nicolaj var med farmand prins Joachim ude og kigge på heste ved DM i pløjning - th. ses socialminister Eva Kjer Hansen. 30 af Danmarks bedste pløjere dystede om titlen, på arealer beliggende lige nord for prins Joachims slot Schackenborg. Deltagerne dyster også om retten til at præsentere de danske farver ved de Nordiske Mesterskaber, Europamesterskabet og Verdensmesterskabet.

Attachments

• ch124715_guest.jpg
    ch124715_guest.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 276
  • ch124716_guest.jpg
    ch124716_guest.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 348
  • ch124717_guest.jpg
    ch124717_guest.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 307
  • ch124718_guest.jpg
    ch124718_guest.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 281
some more pics of Joachim, Nikolai and Felix (cutey pie) from the ploughing championship for young farmers in the fields of Schackenborg Palace

Attachments

• COLOUR10063337.jpg
    COLOUR10063337.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 242
  • COLOUR10063335.jpg
    COLOUR10063335.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 248
  • COLOUR10063334.jpg
    COLOUR10063334.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 233
  • COLOUR10063325.jpg
    COLOUR10063325.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 236
  • COLOUR10063319.jpg
    COLOUR10063319.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 234
  • COLOUR10063318.jpg
    COLOUR10063318.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 223
  • COLOUR10063314.jpg
    COLOUR10063314.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 273
  • COLOUR10063311.jpg
    COLOUR10063311.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 248
  • COLOUR10063306.jpg
    COLOUR10063306.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 276
  • COLOUR10063300.jpg
    COLOUR10063300.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 246
and some more....

Attachments

• COLOUR10063398.jpg
    COLOUR10063398.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 265
  • COLOUR10063393.jpg
    COLOUR10063393.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 287
  • COLOUR10063394.jpg
    COLOUR10063394.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 296
  • COLOUR10063383.jpg
    COLOUR10063383.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 261
The articel says that Joaghim according to the magazine Se og Hoer is dating a 29 year old sweedish woman. She used to an alcoholic.

She has denied the rumors in an email to Ekstrabladet, stating that she doesn't have anything to do with Joachim and that the rumours aren't true at all.

My guess is that Se and Hoer once again has run a story, that has no truth in it, but sells copies, just like it was the case with Marys "pregnancy", but judge for yourself.

What will the reaction in Denmark be when Joachim does step out in public with a serious girlfriend?

I know that Alexandra is very well liked in Denmark, and that the divorce came as a very big surprise to most people.

So when Joachim starts dating someone seriously, will Alexandra sort of have a Diana matyr complexion in that any other woman Joachim dates will never be as good as Alexandra is or was?

It seems to me that it will be easier for Alexandra's new boyfriend to gain public acceptance than Joachim's new girlfriend. The media and most people on message boards seem to blame Joachim for the breakup of the marriage (even if it is not true) so maybe his starting a new life will be harder than Alexandra trying to start a new life as people seem to want her to be happy 'finally' after all the 'hardships' Joachim put her through. (I don't necessarily believe this is the case, but this is how it is very much portrayed in the media I've seen and read.)

How hard can it be?

Afterall, All Alex needed to worry about was Joachim looking the other way.
No need to earn living, plenty of nunnies, many people supporting her and look ing up to her due to her title via marriage. Well, I do not think her life was anywhere closer to hardship.

Hello all, I've been peeping for a while, but has promoted myself to newbie ;)

I guess it'll be harder for P Joachim to begin a new serious relationship, mostly because people already blame him for the break-up between P Alexandra and himself (started by the press if you ask me).
But then again it all depends on so many things. How Alex and Joachim seems like when they're together (friends...not friends?), what kind of lady 'the new one' will turn out to be ect.

So at this point I can't really come up with a proper answer :/

Dianedk said:
Hello all, I've been peeping for a while, but has promoted myself to newbie ;)

I guess it'll be harder for P Joachim to begin a new serious relationship, mostly because people already blame him for the break-up between P Alexandra and himself (started by the press if you ask me).
But then again it all depends on so many things. How Alex and Joachim seems like when they're together (friends...not friends?), what kind of lady 'the new one' will turn out to be ect.

So at this point I can't really come up with a proper answer :/
Welcome Dianedk!

I agree with you that the public reaction to Joachim's first serious girlfriend and eventually wife will depend on a lot of factors. In addition to the criteria you mention, I think it will depend on what kind of role she would like for herself, how she asserts herself within the royal family as well as within the public eye, what her background and education are (no doubt the latter will be compared to Alexandra's) and what the reaction to her by Nikolai and Felix is if they are old enough.

I tend to believe (though not really sure why exactly) that if she is a swimsuit model or something to that effect, she won't be as widely accepted. But if she has a career and a decent education, I think she will be respected and accepted a bit more.

Alexandra came to the royal house with a very good background, a solid education and career, and over the past 9 years has really established herself as well loved and a hard worker. Any other woman who brings less than this to the royal house will be looked down upon, I think. Alexandra is a hard act to follow!

Alexandria said:
Alexandra is a hard act to follow!

True, but I think any first wife would be hard to follow whether the couple is royal or not.

One of the more fortunate, or not, things, I think, is that both Nicolai and Felix are so young that they would be more adaptable to the fact that either their mother or their father will have significant others at some point in the future. Especially Felix will probably be hardpressed to remember that his parents were together.

i would say Prince Jochiam's future girlfriend/ wife would be hard for ppl to accept some how because Princess Alexandra as a wife of Prince Jochiam and mother of Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix had did a really good job.. Princess Alexandra also gain the Danes hearts over the 9 years from what she had done to Denmark...

Jochiam's future gf/wife will for sure be compared with Alexandra...and i would say...compare in a bad way if u get what i mean....the press would start saying PA did an excellent job and are well educated and......ect...and PJ's gf/wife blah blah blah.....

I agree with all of the above. My guess is that both Joachim and Alexandra propably will wait quite a while before they introduce a new boyfriend or girlfind to the public. Things need to cool down a bit.

MarieLouise said:
Joachim and Nikolai at the annual saint Hubertus hunt, Joachim was there to congratulate the winner.

Prins Joachim havde sit at se til i går, hvor han var i Dyrehaven for at overrække vinderpræmierne til de hurtigste ryttere ved årets Hubertusjagt.

Det var dog umuligt for Prinsen at rette sin fulde opmærksomhed på det hårdtkæmpende felt. Det sørgede prins Nikolai for. Den lille vildbasse skulle jo nødigt få gode ideer og måske få lyst til at hoppe ned i magasindammen, hvor der flere gange var dømt vandkamp. Gang på gang måtte rytterne således kapitulere til vandmasserne i vandgraven. Prinsen havde dog hele eftermiddagen et solidt tag i sin ældste søn
What in the world is he wearing Prince Joachim ??????
That is the moste ugly coat i have ever seen in my lifetime and i am 24 years olde.
After he and princess Alexandra has tolled the world that they are going to have a divorce Prince Joachim taste in close has not been the best. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
H.M. Margrethe said:
That is the moste ugly coat i have ever seen in my lifetime and i am 24 years olde.
After he and princess Alexandra has tolled the world that they are going to have a divorce Prince Joachim taste in close has not been the best. :confused: :confused: :confused:
:D :D

aw...I don't know...I believe I've seen him in something worse...

H.M. Margrethe said:
LOL, could it be something he hunted and decided to be a good fashion option? :p

Fun day at country fair for Denmark's young princes
hellomagazine.com

9 NOVEMBER 2004

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/09/princejoachim/#enviarDenmark’s Prince Joachim is clearly determined not to let his divorce from Princess Alexandra stop him spending lots of time with their two little boys, Nikolai and Felix: the three princes were out together at the weekend, having fun at a popular country fair.

Wrapped up nice and snug in the back of an open, horse-drawn carriage, the two young princes were loving every minute of the day spent with their father at the Hubertus Hunt, a yearly event which draws tens of thousands of Danes to a former royal residence north of Copenhagen now used as a recreation area.

Although it’s called a hunt and participants are clad in scarlet riding jackets, the ‘fox’ in this case is symbolised by a pretend fox’s tail which is pinned to the shoulder of one of the leading riders. Five-year-old Nikolai and his two-year-old brother were all eyes as they followed the chase, whose high point is a water jump where spectators enjoy seeing how many riders come a cropper.

Since the surprise announcement of his divorce in September, Queen Margrethe’s second son has admitted that these are difficult times for his family, but both he and his British-born wife have continued with their official duties and been seen out with their sons.

After the divorce, the little boys will be living with their mother in a former ambassador’s house in Copenhagen which she purchased in June. Alexandra will retain her royal title unless she remarries and is to receive a royal allowance of some £152,000 per annum, while Joachim’s yearly stipend of £283,000 will be reduced.

1. Joachim with five-year-old Nikolai and Felix, who's two
2. The boys, who'll be living with their mother after the divorce, were loving every minute of the day out with their dad
3. Since the surprise divorce announcement in September, Joachim has admitted these are difficult times for the family, but he and Alexandra have carried on with official duties and been seen out together with the boys

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 320
Lyonnaise said:
Fun day at country fair for Denmark's young princes
hellomagazine.com

9 NOVEMBER 2004

Denmark’s Prince Joachim is clearly determined not to let his divorce from Princess Alexandra stop him spending lots of time with their two little boys, Nikolai and Felix: the three princes were out together at the weekend, having fun at a popular country fair.

Wrapped up nice and snug in the back of an open, horse-drawn carriage, the two young princes were loving every minute of the day spent with their father at the Hubertus Hunt, a yearly event which draws tens of thousands of Danes to a former royal residence north of Copenhagen now used as a recreation area.

Although it’s called a hunt and participants are clad in scarlet riding jackets, the ‘fox’ in this case is symbolised by a pretend fox’s tail which is pinned to the shoulder of one of the leading riders. Five-year-old Nikolai and his two-year-old brother were all eyes as they followed the chase, whose high point is a water jump where spectators enjoy seeing how many riders come a cropper.

Since the surprise announcement of his divorce in September, Queen Margrethe’s second son has admitted that these are difficult times for his family, but both he and his British-born wife have continued with their official duties and been seen out with their sons.

After the divorce, the little boys will be living with their mother in a former ambassador’s house in Copenhagen which she purchased in June. Alexandra will retain her royal title unless she remarries and is to receive a royal allowance of some £152,000 per annum, while Joachim’s yearly stipend of £283,000 will be reduced.

1. Joachim with five-year-old Nikolai and Felix, who's two
2. The boys, who'll be living with their mother after the divorce, were loving every minute of the day out with their dad
3. Since the surprise divorce announcement in September, Joachim has admitted these are difficult times for the family, but he and Alexandra have carried on with official duties and been seen out together with the boys

My good what is he wearing ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
What is the mater with his taste of close? Just take a look at his overcoat and his hat. I think that Princesse Alexandra migth be a bit glad that she is not married to Prince Joachim anymore.

H.M. Margrethe said:
What is the mater with his taste of close? Just take a look at his overcoat and his hat. I think that Princesse Alexandra migth be a bit glad that she is not married to Prince Joachim anymore.
That is a bit harsh IMO. I really like what the boys are wearing. They look warm and comfy, and cute as always :)

H.M. Margrethe said:
.....After he and princess Alexandra has tolled the world that they are going to have a divorce Prince Joachim taste in close has not been the best. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Perhaps since Alex has moved, Joachim feels freer in choosing what he wants to wear and (the worst is) nobody surround him cares much about it.

The boys look very cute....just wondered, if in that time the two boys are wishing that their mum could come to join them and all of them having fun together in this occasion......

H.M. Margrethe said:
What he is wearing is not that bad. It is like traditional hunting garb. I don't think Alexandra divorced Joachim because of his taste in clothes. That is a very superficial reason. I think even if he wore bad clothes as long as he was good to her and treated her with respect she would still be with him. Not because he wore ugly clothes.

Ennyllorac said:
Please translate!!! WHat has he done? Please remember to provide at least a condensed translation.
Her is the translation from Danish to English:

Prince Joachim notified by rash haulage Bilist reviewer prince Joachim by rash haulage at autobahn north of Copenhagen. Bilisten intends , that the prince by one haulage took others trafikanter to bucket A bilist notified saturday evening prince Joachim by rash haulage at Helsingør autobahn and at Lyngbyvejen , when the prince drew southwards against Copenhagen. »Vi has adopted the notification , and the proves actually shipped forth to the system , where the presumably ends to Justitsministeriet , telling Ordenspolitiets Central processor Vagtleder at Politigården to Copenhagen. Bilisten estimates according to Ritzaus facts , that the prince some times drew km. When he turn from to get up at Lyngbyvejen , occurred that item by særdeles hillock speed. The royal car were here dense at that pace forth to the discount , and several cars considered in to the paper from fear to become collided with.

Joachim has been filmed speeding at speeds between 140 and 170 supposedly with his children and a woman in the car. The photographer that filmed him (and he must also have driven very fast and illegal) has reported him to the police. The police says the will send the case to the department of justice and that the expect them to take it up with the palace. The palace has not commented on it.
The video is available online here
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=321346:fid=100021711/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom