Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the redheaded woman behind Marie in the picture? She is often seen with them, probably a good friend I think. She isn't the LIW.
Perhaps Britt Siesbye - wife of Joachim's good friend Oscar Siesbye? Oscar Siesbye visited Marie and Joachim at the hospital after the birth of their son - bringing with him a supply of the open sandwiches which Oscar's mother Ida Davidsen is famous for :)

Lovely couple and Happy 40th Birthday to Prince Joaquim...

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie have an official event together:

From the Danish Royal Family's calendar:
06/11 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager ved Ingeniørtroppernes 325-års jubilæum ved Ingeniørregimentet i Skive kl 10.00.

This is the 325th anniversary of the engineering regiment (I'm not exactly sure of what this is, and the calendar doesn't state where this event will take place). I always like seeing royal couples participating in official events as a couple. I hope that we will get to see photos.

How difficult a job is it when Joachim acts as Regent? I know he has had years of experience, but what does is entail ?

Marie really doesnt look like she had a baby such a short time ago. Her figure is wonderful and healthy- how fortunate she is for that blessing. (and to be blessed with a healthy son too!)

Yes, Marie looked wonderful after the birth of her boy when she left the hospital and has been toning her figure ever since. She looks pre-pregnant now. I would be very interested to know what she eats and what kind of exercising she does.

She looks very trim.

Last edited:
They both look lovely! Is Prince Joachim serving as Regent?

Very nice pictures. Marie looks serene, serious. It's nice to see them together at an event again. She looks older here, I think.

I also think the same, the coat is big and the hat covers her eyes, also the shoes are not suitable for that gras floor!!!!

Yes, the coat has something about it that makes it look as though it's about to fall off her shoulders.

However, she does look good in the colors. Somewhat somber, but looking good.

Although the shoes are classic pumps, they are an unfortunate choice given the walk on the grass. Lady Diana had the same problem early on when she went to see Charles at a polo field. I think she reverted to stylish boots, or shoes with heavier heel afterwards.

BB has a great picture gallery from the event Joachim & Marie attended, many pictures have not been posted.

Gallery

I too enjoy seeing the couple perform Royal Duties together....they look very much in love and great together! Thanks for posting the additional photographs.

This article (translated) talks about how Alexandra is Joachim's ex and that he has a new wife. A street named after Alexandra has been renamed to Joachims new wife Marie.
and another article translated here

Im not sure why they would chnage the name, but I find that abit weird. I think they couldve easily found another road to name after Marie.

Thank you for the above gallery, Dazzling! The pictures are all beautiful. Prince Joachim always looks charming in his military suit.

About the renaming of the road: perhaps the Danish state doesn't name roads after Countesses. It's a minor title after all. JMHO

Joachim is always there to help Marie down stairs, offers her his arm for support, etc. There is something so special about his attentiveness that makes him the epitome of what a prince should do. Very dashing!

They make a very good looking couple and look at each other in a special way that makes them a twosome no matter how many people are around them. That is the way it should be, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik do the same. There is a subtlety about it, hard to explain.

Looking forward to the coverage of the trip to HK. I wonder if Marie has been there before.

Its kinda awful to have your street re-named because a marriage didnt work out!

I think its tacky, surely there would have been some other road or building they could have given Maries name to.
Do you think Marie would have known about this prior the change? If she did and agreed to it, it would make it even worse.

I completely agree with Marfre. This is a really childish thing to do, IMO. I don't think that Marie would agree with something like this, or even knew about this beforehand.

One gets the impression that Alexandra was the pride and joy of the royal family before Frederick and Mary's romance and wedding. She and Joachim held on to a fractured marriage for the sake of appearances and not to draw attention away from the F and M romance. But now, it seems that something like this, which is so public, has become petty.

Is she not the same capable woman she was before? Is she still not the mother of the two princes, and the still friend of her former husband? Doesn't she still have patronages?

Confusing to take her name off a street and at the same time give her patronages and the like...Oh, well.

i read from an article on her military event in skive that marie's name is now a street name "princess marie street". it must be nice to get a street with your name indeed, and so soon! what i found awkward was that it was previously called "princess alexandra st" and they changed the name as it was "no longer appropriate" - couldn't they have changed it to "countess alexandra st" and chosen another street for marie?

EDIT: it's funny as i wrote this before seeing the comment's of the people in this thread (moderators moved my post from another thread), it's interesting to see we all think the same! however, i doubt marie or the royal house knew anything about this - i think it was something the local responsibles did without asking for "permission" on whether it is right, nor can i imagine marie asking for the name to be changed to hers!

Last edited:
According to the following link from the Copenhagen Post online...
http://www.cphpost.dk/news/136-royal-news/47487-former-royal-wife-gives-up-road-name-to-new-princess.html,
It looks like the Danish Royal House did know and approved the change. It was the barracks that felt that the name should be changed.
Charlotte Sølvbjerg, spokesperson for the barracks, said they did not feel it was fitting that the road continued to carry
the name of Princess Alexandra and that the royal house had no objections to the move.

Not to be harsh...but it seems that from the barracks point-of-view, they thought that the honor of naming the road should be for a member of the royal family...something that Alexandra isn't anymore.

According to the following link from the Copenhagen Post online...
http://www.cphpost.dk/news/136-royal-news/47487-former-royal-wife-gives-up-road-name-to-new-princess.html,
It looks like the Danish Royal House did know and approved the change. It was the barracks that felt that the name should be changed.

Not to be harsh...but it seems that from the barracks point-of-view, they thought that the honor of naming the road should be for a member of the royal family...something that Alexandra isn't anymore.

How disappointing to hear:ermm:. It just seems so silly, IMO. They could have simply selected another street in honor of Princess Marie. Surely there are many other streets that are just as nice.

All posts dicussing Joachims & Alexandras divorce has been moved to the
Divorce for Joachim and Alexandra
thread

:flowers:

29-12-2009 Prince Joachim and Princess Marie out for a walk with their son Prince Henrik during the christmas days in Aarhus. Picture taken 24 december)
PPE Agency

Henrik is a really cute little boy!!

Henrik is absolutely gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom