Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia

Courtier
City
-
Country
Ireland
It is The Royal Guardsmen's 350th Anniversary and The Danish Royal Family will be involved in the celebrations on the 30th June. There is a Gala Dinner that evening so I guess that this could be Marie's first offical engagement.

When Mary & Frederik were newly married Mary did the occassional solo event, but certainly, for the most part (very logically, to my way of thinking) the vast majority of her early engagements were carried out with her husband. (I actually miss this but thats not relevant here...) I think we can safely assume that it will be similar for Marie.

According to JydkeVestKysten the newlyweds will be at home for castle concert.
They will be at Schackenborg

to parcipate in this year's castle concert in Southern Denmark, GuldhornKoncert on Sunday in the castle grounds in Mogeltonder.

Now that [URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/~/media/Se%20og%20Hoer/Royalt/MariesFoersteJob2%20jpg.ashx"]Marie[/URL] is back from her honeymoon with Prince Joachim it's time to get down to business.

First up: A concert with the Danish Drengekor at the Odd Fellow Palace in Copenhagen. Then, along with Prince Joachim, she will attend a reception for French Ambassador. Finally, she will attend the Rosenborg Tattoo 350th Anniversary extravaganza on June 26 with Prince Joachim. Finally, after a long hard week they can retreat and relax at their castle.

Only time will tell when Marie will tackle royal tasks on her own. One reason: She has not yet been selected as a patron for any organization.

[URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Marie%20skal%20paa%20job.aspx"]Link to article[/URL]

Thanks for the picture & video. Marie acted very well for her firt outing, she looked very secure, also looked very happy.

[url=http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/6/Marie%20og%20Joachim%20til%20koncert%20paa%20Schackenborg.aspx]Billed Bladet[/URL] has a bit more information about the concert. According BB, guests eagerly awaited the arrival of the couple and once things got down the business the audience were treated to a great musical and entertaining experience in the company of actors Preben Kristensen and Tomas Ambt Kofod and opera singer Susanne Elmark and Gert Henning-Jensen.

Marie and Prince Joachim appeared to be entertained, as well as the rest of the audience, who were chosen to spend Sunday afternoon at Schackenborg.

Sønderjyllands Symphony Orchestra provided the music for concert at Schackenborg under the musical guidance of conductor Peter Ettrup Larsen.

By the way there is a photo attached to the article. Click the link and there you go.

Thanks for the picture & video. Marie acted very well for her firt outing, she looked very secure, also looked very happy.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but it is not difficult to look secure when the arrangement is in the courtyard of your home and you basically know your surroundings. The real test is when she has her first official duty (ie. on the calendar) in Copenhagen later this week.

The only time she seemed a bit confused to me, was when she had to stop to receive the bouquet. But she seemed very friendly and nice when she got it.:flowers:

Do we have some pictures of this first event? I can't found them? Is Marie going to be alone on the next event?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but it is not difficult to look secure when the arrangement is in the courtyard of your home and you basically know your surroundings. The real test is when she has her first official duty (ie. on the calendar) in Copenhagen later this week.

The only time she seemed a bit confused to me, was when she had to stop to receive the bouquet. But she seemed very friendly and nice when she got it.:flowers:

Yes you do have a point:)
Btw, there is no official event for her this/next week. Her event are with Joachim.

Lovely picture! They look very nice and happy together! Can't wait to see her first official event with Joachim!

Well I think it is difficult enough when we have a lot os photograhers around and so many people looking even if it is in a familiar place, I think it is always difficult before she gets used to that! She looks very good!!

Marie handles herself with great aplomb - she is natural, unselfconscious, no nervous mannerisms (or she keeps her nerves under control!) I must say I'm surprised - I didn't think she would measure up to Alex, but I think she may! She's well-groomed and has the kind of naturally lovely hair that goes up well without too much effort. She does have the advantage of an upper-crust background, but still, 9 out of 10 from me for Marie's first official engagement.

It seems to me that Joachim married both times woman from uppercrust backgrounds. Alex, with her diplomatic and proffesional history, and Marie with her generally upper class European upbringing, private schools and so forth. It seems to me, that that is what he prefers

She looks very nice and happy. Why exactly does she have to measure up to Alex? They are two different women who happened to marry the same man.

He looks so much in love..........and they both looked happy!

Nice but I can't waite to see her in bigger event, you know long gowns and tiaras.

Where will be the next state visit in Denmark or event like this?

Nice but I can't waite to see her in bigger event, you know long gowns and tiaras.

Where will be the next state visit in Denmark or event like this?

No one from the outside world has joined a royal family and was at ease from the get go. She may slip up or behave strangely or wear the wrong dress/shoes/hat or whatever.
I remember seeing Queen Silvia on TV a few weeks after her wedding. She was not very comfortable and it showed. Look at her now. As if she was born to the job. Give Marie time she has a lot on her plate. She may surprise us all.

MetteMarit, Maxima, Mary, Letizia were show before their weddings...

MetteMarit, Maxima, Mary, Letizia were show before their weddings...

Are you're saying that they attended official events before their weddings? There's a huge difference, they were marrying crown princes and were following a different protocol than Marie who wasn't marrying a crown prince. They were no doubt being prepared for their crown princess role.

Marie has been taken off the programme for the tattoo on the 26th, but it has been replaced with a trip to a Danish-German conference on the 27th in Berlin for both Joachim and Marie.

But....:whistling: Only Prince Joachim Attended :cool:

Imagine

Article. Can some one tell us what it say?
MSN Starlounge: Prinsesse Marie blev væk fra koncert

It's not known why Marie didn't attend. (An article from BT speculates in pregnancy or a quick spring cold... :whistling:)

The article mentions that Joachim said that everything was ok, but it was irritating that Marie was prevented from participating.

The remark was also short from the court and said that Princess Marie was prevented from attending. :ermm:

[url=http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/6/Hvor%20er%20prinsesse%20Marie.aspx]Billed Bladet[/URL] also reports on the no-show Marie.

Princess Marie did not attend her first official task. It should have been 32-year-old first official task; however, it was instead a disappointment for the participants and organisers of the Danish Drengekors concert, as Prince Joachim arrived without Marie.

But where is the princess Marie?
Prince Joachim briefly stated that "...everything is fine. It is of course unfortunate that Marie is not present."

Prince Joachim did not want to deepen nor discuss his wife's absence any further, and the court refused to comment on the controversial episode.

Strange

It can be any reason....sick, nervous, undergoing a 'royal' makeover:D

One would think all the wrinkles were ironed out way before the wedding.
I want to believe she had a sudden illness that detained her.( Morning-afternoon sickness??) Hopefully there is no trouble in paradise. It would be so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom