Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks really nice in those new pictures, and I like her style: professional yet modern. ;)
And she looks like she could be giving birth anytime now ! Her belly is really big.
They look so sweet, holding hands like that.

Marie looks fantastic! Her casual style is always very elegant and flattering. She is one of the prettiest pregnant women I have ever seen. Pregnancy really suits her. She looks like she is very close to having the baby. It doesn't look like she will make it to May (IMO). I think the baby will be early.

So Marie's mother is in Denmark! Maybe she is there for the upcoming birth?:flowers: I have a feeling the baby will arrive very soon...

I have to agree with the above posters Princess Marie certainly does suit pregnancy well. She is absolutley glowing! I think it will be lovely seeing Princes Nikolai and Felix with their new sibling:flowers:

Am I the only one who thinks her belly is huge? I know they said it wasn't twins, but are we sure? :-D

I am glad to hear that her mother is now in Denmark. Hopefully, she is going to stay there for the birth. I imagine that it would be scary to go through your first delivery without the support of your mother.

She does look big but remember she is quite petite so she has no height to carry it it was always going to look huge and I must say she is GLOWING.

I also think the baby is due earlier than May, as announced. The timing of the different events involving Joachim and Marie have been carefully paced - the recent official photos were released just a short while ago, though the pictures were from much earlier in the year.

Now, her mother has arrived on the scene, naturally, to be with her only daughter as she delivers her first baby (and a royal one at that!). It is very natural for her to be there perhaps a week or two before actual due date to ensure her support for Marie in the last weeks before the blessed event and then through the actual birth and perhaps even the beginning of motherhood back in Schackenborg (in my opinion).

I would imagine everyone must be in Copenhagen, close to the delivering hospital.

Marie's mother --- now there is a lady with style. She might be able to give her daughter a pointer or two while she's there. Very well dressed, simple, yet smart looking. She was also very well dressed at the wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine everyone must be in Copenhagen, close to the delivering hospital.

The royal family are spending Easter in Aarhus, coming back to Copenhagen for Margrethe's birthday. :flowers:

Even though Copenhageners would like to say that there is nothing happening in the province :whistling:- there is hospitals out there too.

Marie's mother seems very sweet --- soft-spoken. I recall her voice from the video on Marie. What a lovely lady. I'm sure it's comforting for Marie to have her mother there now. It's a beautiful picture.

It looks as though they're in a restaurant somewhere (Copenhagen, I guess). Can someone translate what the article says.

I guess her mother will be joining the royal family? There is no mention of a dad or stepdad having come with her, so I guess she wouldn't be left stranded for Easter.

Isn't Marie supposed to deliver at a specific hospital right in Copenhagen?

:previous:

The press release issued announcing Marie's pregnancy stated that 'it is expected the birth will take place at Rigshospitalet (Copenhagen University Hospital)'. However, if the need arised and they couldn't make it to Copenhagen in time or there was some complication preventing them from travelling, I'm sure they would go to the closest hospital.

Did Marie's mother come to Denmark alone, with her husband, or Marie's father? Was she with the rest of the royals for Easter? I cannot imagine they would exclude her from whatever they were doing.

Can't help thinking that they will await the birth in Copenhagen rather than travel out to Schackeborg and then back again when the birth is imminent. I wonder if that's what they're actually going to do.

I'm not at all fluent in Danish, but tried translating bits and pieces of the article. I may be all wrong, but does it say that they will be going to Schackenborg and then returning to Amalienborg so they can be closer to the hospital?

I believe another article mentioned May 16 as the due date.

I'm pretty much filling in many blanks as best I can, as I don't know Danish.

Can anyone translate or write the gist of what it says? It would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billed Bladet has an article stating that Princess Marie has no more engagements at this time. According to the article, she is waiting for the baby to arrive, and is preparing to deliver the baby in Copenhagen. Her doctor and midwife are currently on standby, and the princess has cancelled plans to appear at an engagement at the Royal Theatre on 26 April. Prince Joachim is planning to attend this event by himself.

Billed-Bladet - Nu er Marie fødeklar!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprized if the baby was born some time next week even. I somehow have a feeling we won't have to wait until May. But that's just a feeling.

Marie's mother indeed looks stylish. I wish I could see her lovely brooch better, so I could see what it is made of...

I thought Marie looked very tired at the Queen's birthday balcony appearance, so I hope that the baby makes its appearance soon. :flowers:

yah i've noticed that too.. she looked very tired she even lean on the wall..

Did Marie's mother come to Denmark alone, with her husband, or Marie's father? Was she with the rest of the royals for Easter? I cannot imagine they would exclude her from whatever they were doing.
Joachim and Marie did not join the Queen for Easter this year.
Billed Bladet had a report about who was where for Easter.

Just finished moving some posts around on the forum. Some things to remember...

Post news, information, article links regarding Prince Joachim's and Princess Marie's royal events in the TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie: Current Events Part 7 thread.
Post news, information, article links regarding Prince Joachim's royal events in the Prince Joachim Current Events Part 2 thread.
Post general information and article links in the General News about Joachim, Marie, and Family thread.
Post news, information and article links related to Princess Marie's pregnancy in the
Princess Marie is pregnant! thread

Please remember to provide an English summary of the major points of the foreign-language articles that you post on the forum or your post will be deleted.

Thanks, :flowers:
Mandy

Pics 7.6.2009

On his 40th birthday Prince Joachim participated at the Classic
Car Race for historical cars from 1965, Princess Marie attended
as well, Padborg, Denmark, June 7, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Thank you very much for the pictures, iceflower.
I am very fond of Joachim and Marie, they look lovely in this picture. Joachim is a perfect gentleman, I love how he opened the car door for Marie.

Nice to see Marie out and supporting Joachim at a race. I know she has been to a few. She also looks well and healthy.

Yes, both Marie and Joachim look very well. How nice that he won a few trophies and flowers as well!

It's nice to see that she is up to doing her regular things one month after giving birth.

I do hope that there will be pictures of the little prince as he arrives at his grandfather's birthday party. I understand the celebrations will last a couple of days, so I'm supposing he'll be travelling with his parents this time.

She has already regained a perfect figure ! Congratulations

You are most welcome :flowers::flowers:

Here's a very nice additional picture gallery with more pics from
the birthday race :) It also includes better pics of Marie:

** ppe gallery June 7 , 2009 **

Look at the birthday cake Joachims cutting, how sweet it is. It was nice that the prince was taking part in one of his hobbies on his birthday. :)

Really nice pictures of Joachim and Marie. He's having a great time.

Who is the redheaded woman behind Marie in the picture? She is often seen with them, probably a good friend I think. She isn't the LIW.

Marie didn't gain an extra ounce during the pregnancy and has managed to get right back to pre-pregnancy figure. That is wonderful. She looks terrific and he looks so happy - all the trophies, bottles of bubbly (or wine?), cake, etc. What a happy day.

Looking forward to seeing pictures taken at Henrik's birthday celebration. That will be really nice, too. Secretly hoping Marie won't show up in purple.

Who is the redheaded woman behind Marie in the picture? She is often seen with them, probably a good friend I think. She isn't the LIW.

Looking forward to seeing pictures taken at Henrik's birthday celebration. That will be really nice, too. Secretly hoping Marie won't show up in purple.

In which picture is this Red-headed woman?
I'm secretly hoping she wear navy. And Mary wears purple :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom