The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Nobility

I don't know if this discussion should be in the Current Events thread.

However, IMO I don't think Marie is getting anymore bad comments than Mary has had (I wasn't around for Alexandra). The only princess that doesn't seem to inspire negative comments is Princess Mathilde of Belgium.
All the current crown princesses seem to have their loyal supporters and those that just seem to dislike everything they do, wear or say. Mary is always criticised about her fashion (even though neighbouring princesses can attend fashion shows, wearing designer clothes and not be commented about)

As for Princess Marie not wearing designer clothing, it might be good to look through some of Marie's fashion threads to see where her clothing comes from.

And although I stand to be corrected Marie already wears Prada footwear (or a very good imitation).
Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008
Post #276

Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Courtier

They all look like they are having so much fun in the snow.
Just a question, did the Countess (Alexandra) ski ??? What about CP Letizia ??
I know all the others seem to ski.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
They all look like they are having so much fun in the snow.
Just a question, did the Countess (Alexandra) ski ??? What about CP Letizia ??
I know all the others seem to ski.
Letizia does ski, we've seen pictures of her doing so.

Josette
Old 02-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Fire View Post
I was not a Danish Royal watcher when Countess Alexandra or Crown Princess Mary first joined the family so I'm not best qualified to answer. It just seems to me that Princess Marie has been treated especially harshly by others. From her dealings with the press during her and Prince Joachim's courtship, the engagement press conference & pre-wedding interviews, to her speed in learning Danish & the initial lack of formal solo engagements, it appears to me from browsing older threads that Marie has been treated slightly more harshly then her predecessors. Her choice of outfits in particular has been heavily criticised by other royal watchers. However I wasn't around during Countess Alexandra or Crown Princess Mary's early days so I was wondering if more seasoned royal watchers had any thoughts?
I wasn't around when Joachim and Alexandra married but through the years Alexandra worked very hard and really endeared herself to the Danish people - she jumped right into her new role as princess plus she learned Danish very quickly and seemed to speak it like a native. She had been a business executive - she knew how to dress and behave. I think that people thought that Joachim was lazy and never did anything except participate in car races.
When they divorced it was a shock as nobody had sensed that the marriage was troubled. Everyone blamed Joachim as not keeping up with Alexandra and her charity works - there was also a hint of immaturity on his part as Alexandra is ilder and seemed more mature.
There was Alexandra and the two boys and her elderly parents having to forge a new life and there was Joachim being seen gadding about with Marie.
It would be hard for anyone to excell as Alexandra did as Joachim's wife.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Courtier

It's nice to see Joachim, Marie and his kids all together when they were on their skiing vacation! The boys looks like they were having so much fun in the snow.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

wonderful happy photos, these boys are adorable, so natural and sweet...just a joy to see. i couldn't understand much but the love came through loud and clear. thanks so much for the links. i couldn't tell in the video who was speaking but it seemed to be a mixture of danish, french and english, it was delightful.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The boys look adorable playing around in the snow. Looked like they were having a wonderful time. It wouldve been nice to see the Cp couple with them and Christian playing with the boys would be really cute.
Marie looked lovely in her ski outfit. She seems to be really glowing and pregnency suits her well.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Events for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.

Quote:
20/02 09 H.K.H. Prins Joachim deltager som protektor for CARE Danmark i seminar hos PA Consulting Group, Hellerup, kl. 08.45.
Quote:
23/02 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager som æresgæster ved Copenhagen Business School Case Competition 2009 i en velkomstmiddag på Carlsberg Museum i Valby kl. 18.30.
Quote:
25/02 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie aflægger virksomhedsbesøg hos LEGO Koncernen i Billund kl. 10.00.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

i'm in love with this picture of marie and her lovely dog inside the bag! they look so adorable. it seems that her dog apple is a lifetime companion of marie. that's so nice to see.

appart from that i think it's great to see how marie blended in with the family and the kids are obviously comfortable around her. that's what makes her so nice and approachable to me: i once read (and proves true for this case!) that you can't fool kids or animals; you just have to be genuinely nice for them to like you.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love this picture too how cute !
Old 02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

JV.dk - Nyheder fra Tønder - Bredebro - Løgumkloster - Højer - Skærbæk og Nørre-Rangstrup (Danish)
Translated version of http://www.jv.dk/artikel/610527 (Translated into English)
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will open the garden and Consumer Fair at Tønder Hallerne on the 27th February.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Have there been any announcements about Princess Marie taking on any patronages? I see from post #155 that she and Joachim are participating in what appears to be an event with Lego. In November, Marie visited Morocco to hand out Legos to needy children. Is this upcoming event for Lego something similar to her Moroccan event?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Have there been any announcements about Princess Marie taking on any patronages? I see from post #155 that she and Joachim are participating in what appears to be an event with Lego. In November, Marie visited Morocco to hand out Legos to needy children. Is this upcoming event for Lego something similar to her Moroccan event?
No not really...ther has not been anny news from the court about Princess Marie regarding her patronages.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

no announcements just yet, sgl, as far as i'm aware. i very much look forward to knowing what she will concentrate on. recently she commented that she was still looking into potential endeavours.

here's a couple of pictures of marie with the boys that i love. it's great seeing how well she gets along with them.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_80x3YBPHYG...2008%25208.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_80x3YBPHYG...008%252013.jpg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie arrival to dinner at Calsberg Museum Copanhagen İt is a dinner for Copenhagen Business Scholl
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 02-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

They both look fantastic! Marie seems to glow more and more as her pregnancy goes on.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Marie looked very lovely

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Serene Highness

Marie is very lovely!!! she seems to be so happy!
I can't wait for this baby coming!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Wow! Princess Marie looked really wonderful. Nice and sexy dress for a mum to be. Great for Marie.

PPE Agency

Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Marie looked radiant!
She looks so proud (of her very beautiful belly). She's glowing.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, joachim, marie, prince joachim, princess marie