The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,879
Yes, you are right UserDane, we really dont know the really issues of the cancel.

But... at the moment this entry is still in the Royal House agenda. So no official confirmation of the cancel.
__________________

__________________

  #42  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,562
I see your point, UserDane. However, it would have been more expedient to ensure presence of a member of the Moroccan royal family before announcing an engagement. In light of the above, the Danish coutriers are likely to be blamed for not properly coordinating the event. As far as I know, Moroccan Royal family is not known for last minute cancellations of engagements that include foreign royals. Of course, my assumption can be inaccurate.
__________________

__________________
"I never did mind about the little things" Amanda, "Point of No Return"
  #43  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 PM
msleiman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenville, United States
Posts: 443
I sorry but it seems to me that Marie does not do very much at all!
__________________
  #44  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Yes, you are right UserDane, we really dont know the really issues of the cancel.
No, though it seems some kind of koordination must have failed. But non of us knows - where, by whom, why and how...........
__________________
  #45  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
So, you all know for certain that the Danish court did a poor job of coordinating this? No chance that the cancellation has arisen because the Moroccan court had to make some last-minute changes?? Just a thought.....
there is plus Lalla Salma Three other Moroccans princesses+cute prince who are always available in sush situation and as Duke of Marmalade said if someone can showup,another can easily make the job.
personally i think Marie freaking out after she read some posts here she was criticed before even the visit start
__________________
  #46  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman View Post
I sorry but it seems to me that Marie does not do very much at all!
If in fact the court has indeed mishandled the situation this is certainly nothing to do with Marie.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #47  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
there is plus Lalla Salma Three other Moroccans princesses+cute prince who are always available in sush situation and as Duke of Marmalade said if someone can showup,another can easily make the job.
personally i think Marie freaking out after she read some posts here she was criticed before even the visit start
What Billedbladet wrote about the reason for the cancellation is this:

"But the visit has been postponed for some weeks now.

The reason is that the Moroccan Royal Household want to participate in the ceremony, but the calendar was unfortunately completely filled with other things".

Billedbladet states that their source is the court.

If in fact the Danish Court has given this reason, I am sure this is the reason. The Danish Court would not lie about the Maroccan Royals. So IMO this is about bad coordination - which is unfortunate. But non of us knows who is responsible or not. Perhaps there is a very understandable reason for the bad coordination. Non of us knows that either.

Stating that Marie is freaking out after she read some posts here is only guesswork - it is funny though , Mademoiselle Lilo.

You must be kidding? arn't you?
__________________
  #48  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,730
of cours i am kidding
well you're right we don't know what really behind the story of this cancellation,let's wait until 28 octobere to see if all the moroccan family have duties this day wish i strongly suspect.
__________________
  #49  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
of cours i am kidding
well you're right we don't know what really behind the story of this cancellation,let's wait until 28 octobere to see if all the moroccan family have duties this day wish i strongly suspect.
I was thinking the same. Our eyes will be in the Morrocan Royal Family on October 28!!

IŽsorry but one again i think this is a bad coordination beteewn both Royal Courts, why? from who? weŽll never know!
__________________

  #50  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
It seems Marie's visit to Morocco is cancelled for 28 October because no member of the Moroccan royal house has time to attend - and according to BB they would like to attend. Perhaps the presentation of the gift will happen at a later time.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...20Marokko.aspx
Strange, very strange IMO. It's not the first time an event for Marie was announced and then cancelled.
Either the court doesn't plan well or Danish media announces too soon (which means the court doesn't work too well, of course).
Was the visit originally announced by the Court or the press?
It is possible that the original visit was planned as a private visit by Marie, then the Moroccan court wanted to have members of the family attend and since they were busy on the 28th they are trying to reschedule.
I am very disappointed Marie will not get the chance to make this trip.
Hopefully they will reschedule soon and hopefully all the princesses are really busy on the 28th in Morocco.
In all this whoever did not co ordinate Marie's agenda with the Moroccan one needs to apologize. It makes Marie look bad.
__________________
  #51  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I am very disappointed Marie will not get the chance to make this trip.
She will get the chance to make the trip. According to Billedbladet the visit is only postponed for some weeks .
__________________
  #52  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,730
sorry i am a little lost here the visit is canceled or just postponed???!!!!!
__________________
  #53  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
sorry i am a little lost here the visit is canceled or just postponed???!!!!!
According to Billedbladet the visit is postponed - for some weeks. But a new date isn't mentioned. I guess it hasn't been set yet.
__________________
  #54  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Cancelled? Such a shame..
__________________
  #55  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,730
ok thanks Lilla.
if it's just postponed,it's not bad then.
now we only have to wait for new date wish is cruel
__________________
  #56  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
now only we have to wait for new date wish is cruel


Very cruel indeed.
__________________
  #57  
Old 10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
A reminder:

This specific topic is reserved for both Joachim and Marie's Current Events -- hence together-- in other words, this is not an individual thread for Marie. That topic was closed for a reason.

Please discuss events performed by Joachim and Marie together. Capiche?
__________________
  #58  
Old 10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
GT......Is there a thread where we can only discuss Marie, apart from her fashion sense and style? Just Marie when she is not with Joaquim?
Thanks
__________________
  #59  
Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
GT......Is there a thread where we can only discuss Marie, apart from her fashion sense and style? Just Marie when she is not with Joaquim?
Thanks
Yup there is one but its been closed for the moment since it went off topic When Marie has solo events, the thread will re-open
  #60  
Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
I am disappointed that the visit was cancelled. Perhaps the moderators will open a thread so that we may discuss this visit again? I was pleased to see the photos of the exhibition at Shackenborg posted by Giov. Joachim and Marie looked so relaxed and happy to be together at the event.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
current events, joachim, marie, prince joachim, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events Part 5: August 2013 - dazzling Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 18 02-14-2014 01:04 PM
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie visit Brazil; September 12-16, 2010 Muhler Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 32 09-24-2010 05:38 PM
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008 Amelia Current Events Archive 354 09-21-2008 06:17 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 568 05-29-2008 03:58 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 09:01 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince frederik prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]