Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to hear that Joachim and Marie will take part in the opening of the parliament. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. Thanks, Alex001 for the link and the translation.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie at the opening of an exhibition at Schackenborg Slotskro. 21-10-2008 Schackenborg.
PPE Agency

It seems Marie's visit to Morocco is cancelled for 28 October because no member of the Moroccan royal house has time to attend - and according to BB they would like to attend. Perhaps the presentation of the gift will happen at a later time.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/10/Prinsesse%20Marie%20udsaetter%20tur%20til%20Marokko.aspx
Strange, very strange IMO. It's not the first time an event for Marie was announced and then cancelled.
Either the court doesn't plan well or Danish media announces too soon (which means the court doesn't work too well, of course).

It seems Marie's visit to Morocco is cancelled for 28 October because no member of the Moroccan royal house has time to attend - and according to BB they would like to attend. Perhaps the presentation of the gift will happen at a later time.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...rinsesse Marie udsaetter tur til Marokko.aspx
Strange, very strange IMO. It's not the first time an event for Marie was announced and then cancelled.
Either the court doesn't plan well or Danish media announces too soon (which means the court doesn't work too well, of course).
cancelled:eek: very strange.
there is any official announcement about this from Danish Palace??

Maybe they read what has been said about this visit...Delivering Legos doesn't fix or solve anything, but it does bring some joy for those children and isn't that important too? Just think about, for example, our children playing with their new toys. Can you see their happy faces?? Bringing joy and enchantement to these children lifes should be something that Denmark and Marie should be proud of. However I found it very strange that they cancelled and didn't announce a new date:cool:

I thought that this trips/visits were co-ordinated between each country and foreign ministry. Why the Danish Royal court announced the visit if they dont know if some member of the Marrocan Royal Family is able to attend. This is a joke!

It is a good question, Paty. It is sad to learn that Princess Marie's visit to Morocco was poorly coordinated. Usually a royal court does not rush with an announcement and then just say that the engagement planned will not happen. Such oversight adversly reflects upon the Danish courtiers.

How amateurish can it get. Don't they check with the morrocan court beforehand? Even if the member of the MRF foreseen to attend cannot make it, another one can step in. Marie is not high profile after all, the level of the King wouldn't have been involved anyway.

This whole story is not about the professional handling of events one would expect from a Royal House, thinking everything through BEFORE going public, it's more like April Fool! or The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

So, you all know for certain that the Danish court did a poor job of coordinating this? No chance that the cancellation has arisen because the Moroccan court had to make some last-minute changes?? Just a thought.....

Yes, you are right UserDane, we really dont know the really issues of the cancel.

But... at the moment this entry is still in the Royal House agenda. So no official confirmation of the cancel.

Last edited:
I see your point, UserDane. However, it would have been more expedient to ensure presence of a member of the Moroccan royal family before announcing an engagement. In light of the above, the Danish coutriers are likely to be blamed for not properly coordinating the event. As far as I know, Moroccan Royal family is not known for last minute cancellations of engagements that include foreign royals. Of course, my assumption can be inaccurate.

I sorry but it seems to me that Marie does not do very much at all!

Yes, you are right UserDane, we really dont know the really issues of the cancel.

No, though it seems some kind of koordination must have failed. But non of us knows - where, by whom, why and how...........

So, you all know for certain that the Danish court did a poor job of coordinating this? No chance that the cancellation has arisen because the Moroccan court had to make some last-minute changes?? Just a thought.....
there is plus Lalla Salma Three other Moroccans princesses+cute prince who are always available in sush situation and as Duke of Marmalade said if someone can showup,another can easily make the job.
personally i think Marie freaking out after she read some posts here she was criticed before even the visit start:D

I sorry but it seems to me that Marie does not do very much at all!

If in fact the court has indeed mishandled the situation this is certainly nothing to do with Marie.

there is plus Lalla Salma Three other Moroccans princesses+cute prince who are always available in sush situation and as Duke of Marmalade said if someone can showup,another can easily make the job.
personally i think Marie freaking out after she read some posts here she was criticed before even the visit start:D

What Billedbladet wrote about the reason for the cancellation is this:

"But the visit has been postponed for some weeks now.

The reason is that the Moroccan Royal Household want to participate in the ceremony, but the calendar was unfortunately completely filled with other things".

Billedbladet states that their source is the court.

If in fact the Danish Court has given this reason, I am sure this is the reason. The Danish Court would not lie about the Maroccan Royals. So IMO this is about bad coordination - which is unfortunate. But non of us knows who is responsible or not. Perhaps there is a very understandable reason for the bad coordination. Non of us knows that either.

Stating that Marie is freaking out after she read some posts here is only guesswork - it is funny though :lol:, Mademoiselle Lilo.

You must be kidding? arn't you?

of cours i am kidding:D
well you're right we don't know what really behind the story of this cancellation,let's wait until 28 octobere to see if all the moroccan family have duties this day wish i strongly suspect.

of cours i am kidding:D
well you're right we don't know what really behind the story of this cancellation,let's wait until 28 octobere to see if all the moroccan family have duties this day wish i strongly suspect.

I was thinking the same. Our eyes will be in the Morrocan Royal Family on October 28!!:cool:

I´sorry but one again i think this is a bad coordination beteewn both Royal Courts, why? from who? we´ll never know!

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...rinsesse Marie udsaetter tur til Marokko.aspx

Was the visit originally announced by the Court or the press?
It is possible that the original visit was planned as a private visit by Marie, then the Moroccan court wanted to have members of the family attend and since they were busy on the 28th they are trying to reschedule.
I am very disappointed Marie will not get the chance to make this trip.
Hopefully they will reschedule soon and hopefully all the princesses are really busy on the 28th in Morocco.
In all this whoever did not co ordinate Marie's agenda with the Moroccan one needs to apologize. It makes Marie look bad.

I am very disappointed Marie will not get the chance to make this trip.

She will get the chance to make the trip. According to Billedbladet the visit is only postponed for some weeks :flowers:.

sorry i am a little lost here the visit is canceled or just postponed???!!!!!

sorry i am a little lost here the visit is canceled or just postponed???!!!!!

According to Billedbladet the visit is postponed - for some weeks. But a new date isn't mentioned. I guess it hasn't been set yet.

ok thanks Lilla.
if it's just postponed,it's not bad then.
now we only have to wait for new date wish is cruel:lol:

A reminder:

This specific topic is reserved for both Joachim and Marie's Current Events -- hence together-- in other words, this is not an individual thread for Marie. That topic was closed for a reason.

Please discuss events performed by Joachim and Marie together. Capiche? :cool:

GT......Is there a thread where we can only discuss Marie, apart from her fashion sense and style? Just Marie when she is not with Joaquim?
Thanks

GT......Is there a thread where we can only discuss Marie, apart from her fashion sense and style? Just Marie when she is not with Joaquim?
Thanks

Yup there is one but its been closed for the moment since it went off topic :) When Marie has solo events, the thread will re-open :flowers:

I am disappointed that the visit was cancelled. Perhaps the moderators will open a thread so that we may discuss this visit again? I was pleased to see the photos of the exhibition at Shackenborg posted by Giov. Joachim and Marie looked so relaxed and happy to be together at the event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom