Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to echo everyone else: Marie looks just beautiful today! The colour is gorgeous on her. I really like her necklace too. But for me it is her smile that makes the pictures. Just radiates happiness

She looks beautiful, happy and her clothes are lovely. The colour of the jacket is lovely and the new hairdo suits her perfectly. Looks like she let her hair grow longer. Bravo Marie!!!!!:flowers:

Agree with other posters she looks wow today! Marie more like this please.

"It is not many Danish words, Princess Marie so far has spoken. The time though - when she almost looked as only a questionmark, or looked completely frightend when someone spoke to her in the new language - is over.

It goes well, she replied (in danish) instead, without reflection, when she was asked how things are going on learning the difficult Danish language.

She and Prince Joachim was boarding "The Schoolship of Denmark" along with other honoratiores going on the annual VIP tour for Vedbæk".

I love the pics from Pure People, but how can I put up this pics on my own computer?
Thanks in advance.

^ I agree. These aren't the best photos of her, and then others are great. It's odd.

Marie looks very good but she makes the impression that fashion and styling isn't the most important thing to her. I like that.

Fashion and clothes aren't really her thing, as she noted in the documentary prior to her marriage to Joachim. Other than that she looks lovely these days.

Isn't that what they all (have to) say, I remember similiar comments from Alexandra and Mary. :)
Yet, I personally see 3 women who try(ied) to be fashionable and put an afford into styling - just as IMO it is (was) exspected of them in a country where design/fashion plays such an important role. Whether you like their styles or not is another question.

But I agree that Marie looked lovely (well, I personally never thought she didn't look lovely, not even in that suit at the Royal Guard Parade), she has a beautiful smile. And I am glad to hear her Danish lessons are going well.
On the other hand I have to say that IMO Joachim looks really bad, very cheesy next to his tanned wife - ill perhaps?

Joachim looks the same to me. As he ages he tends to look older than he really is. Marie is extremely tanned, but she looks happy and pretty so...By the way, I hate her hairdo... what in the world did her stylist do to her hair? Hello?! Late '90's prom hair, anyone?:D

Joachim looks the same to me. As he ages he tends to look older than he really is. Marie is extremely tanned, but she looks happy and pretty so...By the way, I hate her hairdo... what in the world did her stylist do to her hair? Hello?! Late '90's prom hair, anyone?:D

:lol:Exactly! Her hair reminds me of the horrible styles worn by myself and my friends to our prom in the 1990s. Other than her hair, she looks fantastic. It is nice to see them on a royal visit.

I thought she just looked alright nothing special. Her white shirt looks too tight on her. Something about the outfit is just too plain. But I don't expect to like all that she wears.

I've noticed that some royal ladies married to princes tend to appear at times as though they are not as dressed up as their spouses. These pictures give me that thought. It's likely just my own perception. What Marie is wearing does not seem to be up to the same standard as Joachim's suit. I've seen this at times with Mathilde and Mette-Marit as well.

I thought she just looked alright nothing special. Her white shirt looks too tight on her. Something about the outfit is just too plain. But I don't expect to like all that she wears.

I've noticed that some royal ladies married to princes tend to appear at times as though they are not as dressed up as their spouses. These pictures give me that thought. It's likely just my own perception. What Marie is wearing does not seem to be up to the same standard as Joachim's suit. I've seen this at times with Mathilde and Mette-Marit as well.

A lot of Marie's clothes look too tight. And Joachim always looks pale and uptight. They are an odd looking couple together. He looks so old!

Marie needs to stop tanning or stop using that tinted faux orange tanning lotion. Or is her skin naturally orange looking? On the other hand, Joachim could use a bit of sun or faux bronzer. Essentially, vice versa.

But like I noted before, she looks happy and it's good to see this couple out and about attending official and non-official duties together. Hopefully, Marie's "princess school" is over soon... I would like to see her tackle some official duties on her own as well as speak Danish... full speeches and all.

Do you think Marie and Joachim will be travelling to Japan at the end of September as Danish representative to open the Vilhelm Hammershoi exhibition that Mary with Princess Benedikte opened in June at the Royal Acadmey of Art, London...Marie's first overseas engagment relating to Denmark? I think it is possible, I hope so anyway...

Marie needs to stop tanning or stop using that tinted faux orange tanning lotion. Or is her skin naturally orange looking? On the other hand, Joachim could use a bit of sun or faux bronzer. Essentially, vice versa.

But like I noted before, she looks happy and it's good to see this couple out and about attending official and non-official duties together. Hopefully, Marie's "princess school" is over soon... I would like to see her tackle some official duties on her own as well as speak Danish... full speeches and all.

Thank you! I have been harping on this fake tan look forever - some members said that that is her natural skin coloring - Nobody has orange skin like that! And it limits the color palette in her clothing as well -

I have a couple of half-French friends who have the essentially the same shade as Marie, year round without any tanning or tanning lotion; it grows more pronounced in the summer when they've been out in the sun.

It could be fake, but after a summer in France, I think it is more a result of that than tanning lotion. Though, I'm reserving my final opinion until after she's been a winter in Denmark :ROFLMAO:

In some of the pictures, though, the lighting seems to exaggerate the orange-ness of it.

My skin tone is Olive (naturally) and I tan quite easily when I don't use sunscreen; however, Marie, from my perspective, looks at times very orange and over tanned. Yes, she does have a slight to pale Olive toned skin, but I believe she over does it when in the sun... which is obvious. No one is that crispy brown looking without the help of frying themselves in the natural sun and/or help from the help of a super intense fake n' bake tanning bed or tinted tanning lotions.

Nonetheless, I do agree with you regarding winter in Denmark. If she is still crispy brown and very Orange looking then clearly she is addicted to tanning.
:)

Last edited:
Well, I am having the same tan then Marie in those pictures and it's all natural.
I think it's hard to say if her tan is natural or not, but personally I think she looks pretty anyway :D .

GlitteringTiaras said:
Nonetheless, I do agree with you regarding winter in Denmark. If she is still crispy brown and very Orange looking then clearly she is addicted to tanning.
Indeed. The truth is out there. ;)

Joachim always looks pale and uptight. They are an odd looking couple together. He looks so old!

It's something between old, ill and gaunt. He looks like a really heavy smoker with the habit taking quite visibly a toll on his skin or body. He gives a really unhealthy appearance with Marie next to him looking full of life.

This couple always remind me of a father who takes his daughter out for a day.....

This couple always remind me of a father who takes his daughter out for a day.....

I believe they have a 6 year age difference....That would be a very young father with a very old daughter.
Still, he is a bit lined and cigarettes do not help but I would not say he looks old enough to be her father.......:whistling:

is it just me but it seems that princess marie only wears 5 colours: blue, purple, beige, black and white!!! i think purple is one of her favourite colours.

is it just me but it seems that princess marie only wears 5 colours: blue, purple, beige, black and white!!! i think purple is one of her favourite colours.

She cannot wear greens or yellows because of her colouring and obviously she does not wear prints or flowery clothes. It is understandable that she wears the colours she feels comfortable in. Don't we all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom