Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a pregnancy of only 2 months "shows", especially not if it's your first child. I think she gained a few pounds from all the good food on her honeymoon and holidays! Her overall appearance (face and arms) is a bit rounder.
Two maybe not but about four? It's possible if we can suppose that she was in pregnant during her wedding.
But maybe as you wrote it's holidays, no diet after wedding and that's the reason why she is rounder.

Looks like she wears some kind of a bag under the sweater. There is something protruding that looks like a belt buckle or something. Still it would be lovely if she were pregnant........

I don't think that she would wear something like that. It's more possible that's a belt.
If you want to see something it's beter to watch the trousers I think:D

Look here http://www.kongelige.dk/ (go to Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, Day 2)

Princess Marie's pregnancy is a private business. The photos can be deceptive. I see no need for idle speculations. Princess Marie looked fine, but "over-fried"(i.e., extremely tanned) to my taste.

Princess Marie is a public figure and I believe we have the right to speculate on anything from pregnancy to sun tans, as long as we do not spread false rumours........

Unlike pregnancy, sun tan is the fact.

Are we to suppose now which issues are off limits or we have some guidelines to go by? I am sort of confused about your comment.

Well ... tan is obvious, whereas a delicate condition is not. Princess Marie's outfit/look at this moment can not confirm or deny anything.

I suppose the only ones who can confirm anything, is the Royal Household.
In the meantime we can look, criticize, admire or speculate to our hearts' content. This is one of the RF purpose isn't it? To freely discuss ideas and thoughts with people who have the same interests and with no fear of censorship.
The way the photo looks, it seems like Marie has either a pouch like bag under her sweater or a buckle. Or perhaps she is actually expecting a baby. What could be more natural for a young bride?

I suppose the only ones who can confirm anything, is the Royal Household.
In the meantime we can look, criticize, admire or speculate to our hearts' content. This is one of the RF purpose isn't it? To freely discuss ideas and thoughts with people who have the same interests and with no fear of censorship.
The way the photo looks, it seems like Marie has either a pouch like bag under her sweater or a buckle. Or perhaps she is actually expecting a baby. What could be more natural for a young bride?

I agree with you, Odette. All married royal women are under the speculation of being pregnant --- why should we treat Marie any differently?

I agree with you, Odette. All married royal women are under the speculation of being pregnant --- why should we treat Marie any differently?

I could not quite figure this one out myself.........:bang:

I just saw the article at Billed Bladet (http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/8/Maries%20mave%20buler.aspx), and even though I will not claim to know any Danish, I think the message was clear, and from the appearance of those pictures, I think there may be a possibility that Marie is pregnant. Either that or she has really been pigging out. I personally think it might me the former, because Marie seems to have a very petite and slim frame, and that sort of weight probably wouldn't have appeared on her so drastically and quickly.

On August 8th (or maybe a day earlier), Marie attended a fashion show at the Hotel D'Angleterre in Copenhagen

Gallery from TV2

:)

Last edited:
A video from Se&Hoer about Marie at the fashion show:
SE og HØR - Web TV
The title of their short article is: "Marie's first working day".
Well, as usually Se&Hoer got it wrong.
First, Marie had her first working days in June (but perhaps attending an event together with your husband isn't considered work? :D) and second, her visit to the fashion show was an unofficial one, therefore according to the DRF's calendar no working day.

IMO she has obviously learned her lessons about behaving like a princess. She moves and behaves quite differently than last year.

The dress looks nice on Marie and to me she looks pregnan.

At the Grand Prix, she didn't look especially pregnant to me, as that's the way I look after a trip at McDonald's, however, at the fashion show, she is covering (ALL THE TIME) what looks like a belly .. So i'm just really excited about an upcoming announcement :D

http://www.kongelige.dk/photography/royal/030808/photos/pic13.jpg

Look at her belly button in this pictures .. Looks like the belly button of a pregnant woman :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie looked really beautiful, IMO. The dress is simple, but pretty.
Does anyone know if the two women sitting next to Marie were talking in Danish to her? I wonder how well she understands/speaks it already.

If she is not pregnant then she gained quite a bit of weight in the 2 months after the wedding. My guess is she is pregnant and that an announcement will be made after the Olympics and when all the members of the DRF are back in Denmark.

Stellad

Champagne glasses can contain drinks other than champagne!

I beg your perdon?? not in high society!lol when you use this kind of glass it's for champagne! and on this pic we can cleary see that she's drinking champagne! look at the colour!

there is also the possiblity she was given a glass to toast and she just held it to her lips (thus not giving a secret away) but didn't drink any. my first thought was apple juice too but there are alot of bubbles to not be bubbly. i really hope she is, i love royal babies even more than weddings. at the end of the video she seemed to say thank you in english to the lady that handed her shawl, did i see that correctly? i'm looking forward to know who her lady in waiting is going to be.

I would love to see her pregnant as well but I guess that we'll have to wait!!

so I guess she took a bit of weight during her holidays or her dress is unflaterring on her!!! that's all!

what do you think??

I think it's both. In one of the pics, she really looks curvier. I thought that the black sweater she wore was a bit strange and "homely" looking. But it would be the perfect comfy sweater to wear if she is pregnant.

I highly doubt that she is pregnant. Most women either lose weight, or put on very little in the first three months, and almost none show in the first three months, given that the fetus is the size of a small wasabi pea.

My guess would be that she is relaxed and able to eat more now that the stress of the wedding is over. Most women also lose weight when planning their wedding, and the great majority of us don't have society weddings like she did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom