Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure but I doubt Marie will make a choice. The ladies in waiting have to be acquainted with the protocol of the Court and able to assist her. It is going to be perfect if they are close to her age and become friends, but I doubt this is a basis to start from (friendship) but rather get to.
Mary's first l-i-w:" Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen was appointed Mary's hofdame for a period of two years, which is now up."
Danish Royal Watchers: April 2006

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/staff-their-work-royal-family-2859-5.html

I hope I am not veering off the topic too much ...

Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen was a perfect choice for Crown Princess Mary's hofdame. Similar to Crown Princess, she came to Denmark from the English speaking country, i.e. USA, and had to assimilate into and embrace somewhat different culture and language. I am sure Countess Victoria was indispensable to Crown Princess Mary in learning how to become a true Princess of the country. If appointed, she will assist Princess Marie in this difficult task as well. However, she still may choose to stay with Crown Princess Mary. It is not clear yet, is it?

Last edited:
Hi can someone please tell me if Princess Marie smokes? Thanks=p

I think there's some confusion here - Countess Victoria has not been Mary's L-i-W since mid-2006. I believe she retired from the position, so the chance she will become Marie's L-i-W is pretty much slim to none

Hi can someone please tell me if Princess Marie smokes? Thanks=p

I also agree. I like seeing them on a regular basis. Although, I do prefer the shots where they don't appear to be posed in a "we are so in love" pose. I don't doubt their love for each other, but I just prefer the more natural-looking photos of them.

If I may just kick in a footnote from the sideline:):

It is still early days after the wedding, and the media, Billed-Bladet
in particular are trying to make the most of the romantic fairy tale
angle. According to BB the couple kissed because the Danish
photographers asked them to! I could do without these posed
shots as well, but what can you do?

Viv

they did the vogue photoshoot together and mary did a couple on her own. all their photoshoots were very much commented in these forums and i believe most of the members acquainted with the danish royal family will remember them. this was just within months of getting married. you can find threads in the royal library, i believe.
First you wrote "just after the wedding", now it's "within months of getting married"? :)
I was not talking about "all their photoshoots", neither in reference to Frederik&Mary (who certainly have done several in the last 4 years) nor in reference to Joachim&Marie (who certainly have done several since their engagement and only God knows how many more there will be in the years to come).

In my original post I wrote that Frederik&Mary never did a summer holiday photo shoot except for the ones in Graasten with the larger family and I questioned the necessity of this photoshoot so soon after the wedding and in general, regarding the fact that in other royal houses 2nd sons usually don't do this kind of thing.

I may seem pickish but Joachim and Marie are married since 24 May, not 2 months yet. Since you seem so acquainted with the Danish royal family I am sure you can tell me a bit about the photoshoot Frederik and Mary did in July 2004?

And yes, Mary did a vogue fashion photoshoot (which was published in November 2004, 6 months after the wedding) and she was very much criticized for it by many, including myself. If I find something unnecessary I will say so, no matter who. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
First you wrote "just after the wedding", now it's "within months of getting married"? :)

just after the wedding and within months of getting married don't quite seem to be contradicting terms to me.

In my original post I wrote that Frederik&Mary never did a summer holiday photo shoot except for the ones in Graasten with the larger family and I questioned the necessity of this photoshoot so soon after the wedding and in general, regarding the fact that in other royal houses 2nd sons usually don't do this kind of thing.

you will excuse me, but i'm trying to make a point here relating to what's the difference of a "summer holiday photoshoot" as you call it, and any other done so shortly after the wedding. you seem to put so much emphasis on it that i may not seem to be grasping the difference on what constitutes critique to you (does winter, summer, spring really matter? :D)

I may seem pickish but Joachim and Marie are married since 24 May, not 2 months yet. Since you seem so acquainted with the Danish royal family I am sure you can tell me a bit about the photoshoot Frederik and Mary did in July 2004?

i'm certainly not an expert on the danish family, but those photoshoots are something most members here saw. july 2004? i can't recall mentioning exact dates - simply because of the fact that i don't know them, so perhaps you know more than i do. i'd be happy to look for the photoshoot thread if you tell me which one is the july 2004 session that you mention (and if this is a conclusion from my 'couple of months' comment, i beg you to discard it, as 'a couple of months' is just an idiom, and by no means an exact date).

just after the wedding and within months of getting married don't quite seem to be contradicting terms to me.

you will excuse me, but i'm trying to make a point here relating to what's the difference of a "summer holiday photoshoot" as you call it, and any other done so shortly after the wedding. you seem to put so much emphasis on it that i may not seem to be grasping the difference on what constitutes critique to you (does winter, summer, spring really matter? :D)

i'm certainly not an expert on the danish family, but those photoshoots are something most members here saw. july 2004? i can't recall mentioning exact dates - simply because of the fact that i don't know them, so perhaps you know more than i do. i'd be happy to look for the photoshoot thread if you tell me which one is the july 2004 session that you mention (and if this is a conclusion from my 'couple of months' comment, i beg you to discard it, as 'a couple of months' is just an idiom, and by no means an exact date).
I have the feeling we are going in circles here. And I am not going to waste any more time on that subject which really isn't that important after all.
If you don't see the difference between 6 weeks and 6 months, then ok. I personally wouldn't call 6 months "so shortly after the wedding".
And if you think it's normal for a 2nd son to do a holiday photoshoot, ok again.
And if you have the feeling that Frederik&Mary have done as many photoshoots as Joachim&Marie in the same period of time (that's why I mentioned July 2004), then that's your feeling. But you haven't been able to give evidence. :D

Last edited:
yes, it's not important... whatever: it's so not normal of a second son to do a photoshoot in summer! (how dare he!)

coming back to topic, i see nothing wrong in doing the photoshoot. it might just be a nice gesture towards the press who must be interested in seeing them together after the wedding, a 'thank you' for letting them enjoy their honeymoon without much press around or a preventive idea to reduce the media interest in them. it was obviously simple (as i said before, no fancy things in it) and they didn't get any money for it. it doesn't seem altruistic or snotty, therefore i see nothing wrong and i see no reason by which it can annoy someone.

Joachim does a photo shoot every year when he is at Cayx, he did one last year with just his sons. When he was married to Alexandra they did a photoshoot together each year at Cayx, the last one in June 2004 ( they separated in September). It's a tradition with Joachim to do these photoshoots and he's just followed on with that tradition this year.

I've read on another boad that princess Marie is pregnant.
It´s true?
Can someonte say something about this? Thanks.

I hope that the next fotoshoot will be when Marie is actually doing some work. I am getting bored with all these lovey dovey fooling around shoots.:bang::bang:

I hope that the next fotoshoot will be when Marie is actually doing some work. I am getting bored with all these lovey dovey fooling around shoots.:bang::bang:

The next photoshoot is July 26 with the DRF.

Gee, first a long Honeymoon, then a "vacation" - because of the exhausting Honeymoon? All within two months of marriage! What a life!
Of course I'm jealous! I live in the USA and we get zilch vacation time every year!
I liked the Cayx photos - both Marie and Joachim look relaxed and natural, especially Joachim. However, Marie certainly plays to the camera - a lot of posing and playing to the camera on her part.
Do Fred and Mary ever visit Cayx? I've never seen photos of them there.
The kids are adorable and look happy. Love the little white dog!

Perhaps as she adjusts to the cameras she wont play to them as much...

Hola has a scandalous news about Joaquim and Mary!!! Says that Joaquim has kissed Mary in a party where he has too mucht drinking! And it says that Joaquim real love is Mary all in Hola.com (but in Spanish).

Marie is so tanned! Noticed that Mary is too. Am so jealous - its been ten days since the sun has so much as been seen here in my neck of the woods.
It looks like this must have been a relatively casual affair, right?

Marie is so tanned! Noticed that Mary is too. Am so jealous - its been ten days since the sun has so much as been seen here in my neck of the woods.
It looks like this must have been a relatively casual affair, right?
Marie looks to have the type of skin that many French people have- that easily tans without too much sun at all, necessarily.

They're in Copenhagen at the moment, so Joachim can race in the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix. Marie will present a trophy to the winner, although it is not recorded on the official calendar. :flowers:

But it's winter in New Zealand, but summer in Denmark - that may make a difference, depending on where you live in NZ...

I can't seem to open the link. Is there any way that it could be reposted?

I really hope that in September marie will start to have some Patronages of her own and that she will make some useful work on it, I will be very happy also to see her working once with Mary!

I don't think a pregnancy of only 2 months "shows", especially not if it's your first child. I think she gained a few pounds from all the good food on her honeymoon and holidays! Her overall appearance (face and arms) is a bit rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom