Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem with confirming why she's not around? It's childish to do a no-comment regarding Marie's absence, it only will enforce speculations. I don't know what it is but I have a strange feeling regarding these two, something just doesn't seem right with this combination :hmm:

We may never know to be honest. Someone should have said something or make up some excuse/fib; for example, she had a serious fever, Hayfever, or she ate something the night before thus she wasn't feeling too hot the next day.

To say nothing leaves the door wide open... which is not a good PR move (whomever is handling the couple certainly failed PR 101 whilst at University.:rolleyes:)

We may never know to be honest. Someone should have said something or make up some excuse/fib; for example, she had a serious fever, Hayfever, or she ate something the night before thus she wasn't feeling too hot the next day.

To say nothing leaves the door wide open... which is not a good PR move (whomever is handling the couple certainly failed PR 101 whilst at University.:rolleyes:)

The nice thing is that we can just lean back and wait and see, while the Royals will have to come up with an explanation should it happen again...:D. on a more serious not, I personally hope that all is well for them. It must have been something serious, though, she wouldn't have wanted such reports.

I agree, it doesn't look good not showing up for an event like this, but it looks worse still without a reason...

I for one think that there has to be something serious, which prevented Princess Marie from attending the event in question.

Last edited:
[URL="http://www.bt.dk/article/20080625/royalt/80625061/"]Marie[/URL], along with Prince Joachim, made her first (well actually it's supposed to be the second) official engagement at the French Embassy. Highlights from the BT article state, that she is still having a hard time learning Danish. Prince Joachim interrupted the questioning by noting, "It goes, it goes" (or something like that); Marie has not yet said anything really except in English, the "see you on Saturday", at Møgeltønder City Hall shortly before the wedding. However, today's reception at the French embassy Marie had no fear when it comes to languages: Everyone spoke French around her including the Ambassador and other guests.

On Thursday, Prince Joachim will attend the salute and march at Rosenborg Slotsplads on the occasion of the Royal Livgardes 350 year anniversary. Marie, however, will "have a day off" said Prince Joachim. Nonetheless, on Friday she will be in Berlin for the opening of a Danish-German neighbourhood project. The reporter asked if Marie has taken on or has been asked to be a representative of any patronages? According to Prince Joachim's Secretary, Colonel Kurt Bache, "No" she still hasn't.

Click the link for several [URL="http://www.bt.dk/article/20080625/royalt/80625061/&template=zoom"]photos[/URL] (it looks like she's wearing one of Mary's dresses. It looks very similar. Yes, she looks nice too.)

Last edited:
The article said that she answered the question of how it felt to be a Dane after the wedding and the honeymoon in "a very good Danish". (With the added embellishments from the journalist, of course :lol:)
[URL="http://www.bt.dk/article/20080625/royalt/80625061/"]Marie[/URL], along with Prince Joachim, made her first (well actually it's supposed to be the second) official engagement at the French Embassy. Highlights from the BT article state, that she is still having a hard time learning Danish. Prince Joachim interrupted the questioning by noting, "It goes, it goes" (or something like that); Marie has not yet said anything really except in English, the "see you on Saturday", at Møgeltønder City Hall shortly before the wedding. However, today's reception at the French embassy Marie had no fear when it comes to languages: Everyone spoke French around her including the Ambassador and other guests.

On Thursday, Prince Joachim will attend the salute and march at Rosenborg Slotsplads on the occasion of the Royal Livgardes 350 year anniversary. Marie, however, will "have a day off" said Prince Joachim. Nonetheless, on Friday she will be in Berlin for the opening of a Danish-German neighbourhood project. The reporter asked if Marie has taken on or has been asked to be a representative of any patronages? According to Prince Joachim's Secretary, Colonel Kurt Bache, "No" she still hasn't.

Click the link for several [URL="http://www.bt.dk/article/20080625/royalt/80625061/&template=zoom"]photos[/URL] (it looks like she's wearing one of Mary's dresses. It looks very similar. Yes, she looks nice too.)

Huh.:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: Well it's not as bad as saying stra-teee-gury (this will fly over 98% of peoples heads)

Thankfully she's trying...

Yes, because no one ever mispronounces anything. Right.

Thankfully she is trying, and I'm sure having Henrik as a father-in-law will be helpful ;)

Well... it is nice to see Princess Marie performing her official duty alongside Prince Joachim. Undoubtedly, the French Embassy is the most comfortable place for her in terms of the language. I am not sure about Princess Marie's style though. I always thought that French ladies have got an innate sense of style and ability to choose clothes that enhance the best in them. I can not say this about the new Princess of Denmark. The foregoing is my personal subjective opinion.

Yes, because no one ever mispronounces anything. Right.

Did she mispronounce something? Sounds to me as if the wording was rearranged by accident not a mispronunciation by Marie.

Oh and the stra-teee-gury thing, I had no idea you heard of that joke (not made by anyone in the DRF.)

:)

Me neither..........What is strateegury?

Last edited:
Princess Marie looks amazing, really wonderful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Click the link for several photos (it looks like she's wearing one of Mary's dresses. It looks very similar. Yes, she looks nice too.)

Thank you for the translation and the links, GT. :flowers:
But do the comparisons to Mary have to start already? I agree that the dress looks like one Mary would wear as well. But I doubt marie would raid Mary's wardrobe for her first official outfit in the capital of Denmark and certainly not when visting the French Embassy. I'd guess she brought the dress with her from Paris or bought is someplace else, otherwise it'd be tacky indeed.

But I start to think that it will be difficult for Marie to find her own place when it comes to fashion. She does resemble her sister-in-law. They have both the same expectations to fulfill when it comes to fashion. Mary already has carved her place as supporter of Danish fashion, so can Marie do the same at the same time? And can she dare not to support Danish fashion?

Maybe these two should really openly exchange their wardrobes as they won't probably be able to escape the comparisons anyway, so being open about it would save them at least money and make them appear "frugal" and "like real sisters". :D

Sorry, but her outfit reminded me of a dress worn by the Crown Princess. It's not a comparison (and come on JoP you know the context of a comparison post and commentary); if it were I would have given an indepth analysis of the two. But, I didn't. Nope not at all. ;)

But I start to think that it will be difficult for Marie to find her own place when it comes to fashion

Oh come on, JoP. Marie has her own style which was clear from the moment she was "discovered." She's very simple... simple chic. Clean lines, easy cuts, classic pieces.

Anyway, Marie's next big gig is coming up with Prince Joachim... and yes, I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:
As Mary and Marie are both very slimsized, rather petite brunettes, it makes sense to me that they will have somewhat of the same style of clothing. Imo Marie is more the "classic" Chanel type versus Mary that looks better in the more girly stuff. Marie's dress for this engagement is certainly a huge improvement to the fashion no-no's she usually dresses in. If she really puts an effort in on learning Danish as quick as possible, she could even end up being a "proper" princess. (Stop speaking French to her Joachim!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

I think ppl should stop comparing them. Shouldn't say Mary's style is better or the other way around. Both are beautiful & they both have their own individual style.

Marie is changing guys!!! Beautiful hair, beautiful and different smile, the way she steps out of the car and her lovely dress. She is changing to become a princess and hope not a different person!

obviously she's making a big effort in her new job;) Good job Marie!!!
she coloured her hair, light brown I think. & her hubby will be there for her.

Sorry to all of the people in this forum think that Marie is beautfiull, I think she is not beautifull, young , yes, thin, yes but she will need a lot of work to be close to Mary!

Well Mary is my favorite Princess but she has a lot of work before beeing what she is now and I think that after two r three years we can see a different Marie. We can see a different Marie today, more stylish, with another smile more like a Princess! I think she will make it but she will be Mary of course she will be a Princess on her own way, but with some effort she will get there!

Sorry Ashelen but why she has to be close to Crown Princess Mary?. Why they must to be compare?

They are diferent women. Each one has their own charm, their own personality and their own style. I like both, They have nothing to do with each other.
IMO I wouldn´t like that Marie change nothing of her, she has not to become a Princess because she is a Princess right now with her qualities and her defects, that made her lovely and diferent.

Last edited:
Sorry to all of the people in this forum think that Marie is beautfiull, I think she is not beautifull, young , yes, thin, yes but she will need a lot of work to be close to Mary!

Why being sorry? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Marie obviously found these eyes within her close environment. Her husband even faced his souverain because of his wish to make her his wife when the odds were that said souverain was not going to be amused - for me that is as closest as meaning that she is a treasure without any comparison as possible.

I personally have a relative who for me is beauty personified though people who judge by the cover and by health reasons and who don't know her and understand her loving person won't ever understand. So what? Enjoy pictures of Mary and find her beautiful to your heart's delight. :flowers:

But why always these comparisons?

I think Marie looked VERY PRETTY. The dress was great. It was like a traditional 'little black dress', just not black but navy blue! Only problem I had were the heels...from the front they looked like granny shoes...sorry!
But, over all, very happy that she has now 'officially' started her Royal Schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom