The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Huh. Well it's not as bad as saying stra-teee-gury (this will fly over 98% of peoples heads)

Thankfully she's trying...
Yes, because no one ever mispronounces anything. Right.

Thankfully she is trying, and I'm sure having Henrik as a father-in-law will be helpful

Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Well... it is nice to see Princess Marie performing her official duty alongside Prince Joachim. Undoubtedly, the French Embassy is the most comfortable place for her in terms of the language. I am not sure about Princess Marie's style though. I always thought that French ladies have got an innate sense of style and ability to choose clothes that enhance the best in them. I can not say this about the new Princess of Denmark. The foregoing is my personal subjective opinion.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Yes, because no one ever mispronounces anything. Right.
Did she mispronounce something? Sounds to me as if the wording was rearranged by accident not a mispronunciation by Marie.

Oh and the stra-teee-gury thing, I had no idea you heard of that joke (not made by anyone in the DRF.)

Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Huh. Well it's not as bad as saying stra-teee-gury (this will fly over 98% of peoples heads)

Thankfully she's trying...
Huh? Okay I feel stupid now, but I didn't get the joke.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Me neither..........What is strateegury?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Me neither..........What is strateegury?
A Saturday Night Live sketch parodying someone's alleged inability to pronounce words right.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post

Bingo!

And, no, I wasn't mocking Marie or anyone in particular, okay? That word, strategery/stra-teee-gury is a joke; understand the context and you, well to be frank, will understand it.

MOVING ON:

More photos from today's ecent at the French Embassy
Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Marie looks amazing, really wonderful!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Click the link for several photos (it looks like she's wearing one of Mary's dresses. It looks very similar. Yes, she looks nice too.)
Thank you for the translation and the links, GT.
But do the comparisons to Mary have to start already? I agree that the dress looks like one Mary would wear as well. But I doubt marie would raid Mary's wardrobe for her first official outfit in the capital of Denmark and certainly not when visting the French Embassy. I'd guess she brought the dress with her from Paris or bought is someplace else, otherwise it'd be tacky indeed.

But I start to think that it will be difficult for Marie to find her own place when it comes to fashion. She does resemble her sister-in-law. They have both the same expectations to fulfill when it comes to fashion. Mary already has carved her place as supporter of Danish fashion, so can Marie do the same at the same time? And can she dare not to support Danish fashion?

Maybe these two should really openly exchange their wardrobes as they won't probably be able to escape the comparisons anyway, so being open about it would save them at least money and make them appear "frugal" and "like real sisters".
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, but her outfit reminded me of a dress worn by the Crown Princess. It's not a comparison (and come on JoP you know the context of a comparison post and commentary); if it were I would have given an indepth analysis of the two. But, I didn't. Nope not at all.

Quote:
But I start to think that it will be difficult for Marie to find her own place when it comes to fashion
Oh come on, JoP. Marie has her own style which was clear from the moment she was "discovered." She's very simple... simple chic. Clean lines, easy cuts, classic pieces.

Anyway, Marie's next big gig is coming up with Prince Joachim... and yes, I am looking forward to it.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Nobility

As Mary and Marie are both very slimsized, rather petite brunettes, it makes sense to me that they will have somewhat of the same style of clothing. Imo Marie is more the "classic" Chanel type versus Mary that looks better in the more girly stuff. Marie's dress for this engagement is certainly a huge improvement to the fashion no-no's she usually dresses in. If she really puts an effort in on learning Danish as quick as possible, she could even end up being a "proper" princess. (Stop speaking French to her Joachim!!)
Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Aristocracy

I think ppl should stop comparing them. Shouldn't say Mary's style is better or the other way around. Both are beautiful & they both have their own individual style.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Marie is changing guys!!! Beautiful hair, beautiful and different smile, the way she steps out of the car and her lovely dress. She is changing to become a princess and hope not a different person!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Courtier

obviously she's making a big effort in her new job Good job Marie!!!
she coloured her hair, light brown I think. & her hubby will be there for her.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Danis Royal Watchers has beautiful images
Old 06-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry to all of the people in this forum think that Marie is beautfiull, I think she is not beautifull, young , yes, thin, yes but she will need a lot of work to be close to Mary!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Well Mary is my favorite Princess but she has a lot of work before beeing what she is now and I think that after two r three years we can see a different Marie. We can see a different Marie today, more stylish, with another smile more like a Princess! I think she will make it but she will be Mary of course she will be a Princess on her own way, but with some effort she will get there!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry Ashelen but why she has to be close to Crown Princess Mary?. Why they must to be compare?

They are diferent women. Each one has their own charm, their own personality and their own style. I like both, They have nothing to do with each other.
IMO I wouldn´t like that Marie change nothing of her, she has not to become a Princess because she is a Princess right now with her qualities and her defects, that made her lovely and diferent.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Sorry to all of the people in this forum think that Marie is beautfiull, I think she is not beautifull, young , yes, thin, yes but she will need a lot of work to be close to Mary!
Why being sorry? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Marie obviously found these eyes within her close environment. Her husband even faced his souverain because of his wish to make her his wife when the odds were that said souverain was not going to be amused - for me that is as closest as meaning that she is a treasure without any comparison as possible.

I personally have a relative who for me is beauty personified though people who judge by the cover and by health reasons and who don't know her and understand her loving person won't ever understand. So what? Enjoy pictures of Mary and find her beautiful to your heart's delight.

But why always these comparisons?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Courtier

I think Marie looked VERY PRETTY. The dress was great. It was like a traditional 'little black dress', just not black but navy blue! Only problem I had were the heels...from the front they looked like granny shoes...sorry!
But, over all, very happy that she has now 'officially' started her Royal Schedule.

Tags
joachim, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie