Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ppl should stop comparing them.

Well, it would be nice, now wouldn't it.

Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world and thus comparisons will happen. It's inevitable.

But why always these comparisons?

There weren't any, as of late, until you and Paty, brought it up... again.:D

Last edited:
There weren't any, as of late, until you and Paty, brought it up... again.:D

GT - be fair: you introduced the idea that Marie put on a dress that looked like one Mary had worn before. And Ashelen wrote:

"Sorry to all of the people in this forum think that Marie is beautfiull, I think she is not beautifull, young , yes, thin, yes but she will need a lot of work to be close to Mary!"
which was the reason why I wrote:

But why always these comparisons?

So, no, I plead Not Guilty ! :flowers:

Both Mary and Marie are beautiful women - unique in their own ways.
Marie looks like she is avoiding the tanning salon - she doesn't look as tanned as before.
She also looks like her thoughts are far away - like she isn't really in the moment greeting people and such -
Maybe it's "stage fright" or the language barrier -

GT - be fair: you introduced the idea that Marie put on a dress that looked like one Mary had worn before

No dear, I said, the dress looked -- hence resembled -- like one of Mary's. That is not a comparison and to say that I introduced the idea of a comparison is silly. JoP, come on, don't you know the rule of law (i.e. trained lawyer)? You know how the game is played... stop stretching and reaching for something that is not there.;):D

[So, no, I plead Not Guilty

Uh, consular... sidebar please.:D:lol:

In today's Billedbladet, Joachim and Marie gives an explanation for the absence of Marie at the previous event. Seems she wasn't feeling quite well, and as they had a wedding of close friends to attend in Geneva the next day, they decided that she would stay home and try to get better so they could travel and attend the wedding. (Pretty pictures of them going to the wedding).

Thanks Norwegianne, for the update.

Poor thing, I feel for her. She must have been really ill for her not to attend an official event and wanted to feel somewhat better in order to attend a wedding.

I look forward to seeing her at her next gig with Prince Joachim.

Thanks for everyone who posted links and pictures.
Marie was very nice, the navy blue looks good on her.
Joachim seems to enjoy himself as well. They make a pretty couple!

Marie looked lovely in th eblue dress, reminded me of Mary in a way & finally an explination for not attending the previoues event. Looks like she is all better now.

Today event. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark pictured arriving at the Embassy of Denmark in Berlin. Also the Princes of Denmark visit the Reichstag and the remains of the former Berlin Wall

The Princes are in Berlin to attend the opening of the conference "re:connect - A Danish-German Neighbourhood Project"

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
it's nice to see them together in berlin... :) how long are they staying there for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Well, fashionwise she is back to her old self at that wedding. Blehhhhh:eek:

Well, fashionwise she is back to her old self at that wedding. Blehhhhh:eek:

Give her time, remember that she was not a princess before marrying so it will probably take a little bit to time to build up a wardrobe fit for a princess. The the non-royals who are now princesses have become more polished with time. I think we will see the same thing happen with Marie.

Maybe I am a bit oldfashioned (must be my thorough Dutch middleclass upbringing), but you don't show up at a wedding with spaghettistraps do you? At least wear a shawl or so to cover up.

I hope that Marie gains some polish and starts to groom herself better - she is so pretty and has a great figure
Joachim looks like he has loosened up a bit --- he is usually so stiff and formal looking - he looks more relaxed now

[URL="http://www.bt.dk/article/20080627/royalt/80627076/"]BT has an article plus one photo[/URL] ([URL="http://www.bt.dk/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=BT&Dato=20080627&Kategori=ROYALT&Lopenr=627003&Ref=PH"]more images here[/URL]) of the couple in Berlin. According to the journalist, in his/her over gushing article: With smile on her beautiful lips and the twinkle her eyes, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie visited the German capital on Friday. The official visit for the couple was to attend the conference '"Re: Connect - a Danish-German naboskabsprojekt." The aim of "Re: Connect" was to revive and boost the historically close cultural bindings between Denmark and eastern Germany. By means of cultural exchange the two regions were brought closer together, informs the Danish Embassy in Berlin.

The couple also visited the south of the border and saw the remains of the Berlin Wall and the German Parliament. It was the couple's first official visit after their beautiful romantic wedding in May.

Last edited:
She is a normal person with a simple dress.
I think she wants to be treated like any other guests with her friends, not like a princess...

She is a Princess now; it's not like she can turn it on and off when she wants too. 24/7 for the rest of her life she must behave, dress appropriately, and represent Denmark even during private events. :)

Joachim is wearing a pinstripe suit - the wedding must have been very informal. Marie is approprietaly dressed. She looks cute, fresh and lovely - and more stylish than some royals we sometimes see at official events. Give her a break - Denmark do not need another Mary.

Denmark do not need another Mary.

True... no one likes a copycat.

What Denmark needs (if at all) is a new princess eager and engaged in her new role with appropriate clothing worn at each event. Marie will fill that role, without a doubt.

Moving on: Pretty soon when we will see images, as well as articles, of Marie with the rest of the royal family I'm sure she won't disappoint. :flowers:

Last edited:
Prince Joachim of Denmark (R) and his wife Princess Marie (L) visit an exhibition at the Nolde Foundation in Berlin, Germany on June 27, 2008.
Marie & Joachim
Joachim & Marie
Joachim & Marie

Prince Joachim of Denmark and his wife Princess Marie walk past the Reichstag building in Berlin on June 27, 2008.
Marie & Joachim
Marie & Joachim posing outside the Reichstag
Marie & Joachim posing outside the Reichstag

German priest Manfred Fischer (R) shows remains of the Berlin Wall to Prince Joachim of Denmark (L) and his wife Princess Marie (C) at a Wall Memorial in Berlin, Germany, 27 June 2008.
Joachim, Marie & the Priest
Joachim, Marie & the Priest
Viewing the wall memorial
Next to the wall memorial
Marie
Marie & Joachim walking to remains of the wall

:flowers:

Gallery from Getty Images

(ANP)

Last edited:
OMG they were in germany???:ermm:

I think she looks lovely and i think if she gets more time she will be a real princess.

She looks like marys twin sister or not that´s really funny wanna see them together on a party or presentation that would be great:flowers:

Wonderful pics, thanks for sharing!
In my opinion princess Marie is stylish and elegant a real princess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom