The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
I don't think a pregnancy of only 2 months "shows", especially not if it's your first child. I think she gained a few pounds from all the good food on her honeymoon and holidays! Her overall appearance (face and arms) is a bit rounder.
Two maybe not but about four? It's possible if we can suppose that she was in pregnant during her wedding.
But maybe as you wrote it's holidays, no diet after wedding and that's the reason why she is rounder.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like she wears some kind of a bag under the sweater. There is something protruding that looks like a belt buckle or something. Still it would be lovely if she were pregnant........

Old 08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that she would wear something like that. It's more possible that's a belt.
If you want to see something it's beter to watch the trousers I think

Look here http://www.kongelige.dk/ (go to Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, Day 2)
Old 08-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Princess Marie's pregnancy is a private business. The photos can be deceptive. I see no need for idle speculations. Princess Marie looked fine, but "over-fried"(i.e., extremely tanned) to my taste.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Marie is a public figure and I believe we have the right to speculate on anything from pregnancy to sun tans, as long as we do not spread false rumours........
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Unlike pregnancy, sun tan is the fact.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are we to suppose now which issues are off limits or we have some guidelines to go by? I am sort of confused about your comment.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Well ... tan is obvious, whereas a delicate condition is not. Princess Marie's outfit/look at this moment can not confirm or deny anything.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose the only ones who can confirm anything, is the Royal Household.
In the meantime we can look, criticize, admire or speculate to our hearts' content. This is one of the RF purpose isn't it? To freely discuss ideas and thoughts with people who have the same interests and with no fear of censorship.
The way the photo looks, it seems like Marie has either a pouch like bag under her sweater or a buckle. Or perhaps she is actually expecting a baby. What could be more natural for a young bride?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I suppose the only ones who can confirm anything, is the Royal Household.
In the meantime we can look, criticize, admire or speculate to our hearts' content. This is one of the RF purpose isn't it? To freely discuss ideas and thoughts with people who have the same interests and with no fear of censorship.
The way the photo looks, it seems like Marie has either a pouch like bag under her sweater or a buckle. Or perhaps she is actually expecting a baby. What could be more natural for a young bride?

I agree with you, Odette. All married royal women are under the speculation of being pregnant --- why should we treat Marie any differently?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I agree with you, Odette. All married royal women are under the speculation of being pregnant --- why should we treat Marie any differently?

I could not quite figure this one out myself.........
Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Nobility

I just saw the article at Billed Bladet (http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...e%20buler.aspx), and even though I will not claim to know any Danish, I think the message was clear, and from the appearance of those pictures, I think there may be a possibility that Marie is pregnant. Either that or she has really been pigging out. I personally think it might me the former, because Marie seems to have a very petite and slim frame, and that sort of weight probably wouldn't have appeared on her so drastically and quickly.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

On August 8th (or maybe a day earlier), Marie attended a fashion show at the Hotel D'Angleterre in Copenhagen

Gallery from TV2

Old 08-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
On August 8th (or maybe a day earlier), Marie attended a fashion show at the Hotel D'Angleterre in Copenhagen

Gallery from TV2

The link doesn't work, it just redirects you to this post.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

TV 2 Nyhederne - Prinsesse Marie til modeshow
Old 08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
The link doesn't work, it just redirects you to this post.
Apologies, I've fixed the link now
Old 08-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

A video from Se&Hoer about Marie at the fashion show:
SE og HØR - Web TV
The title of their short article is: "Marie's first working day".
Well, as usually Se&Hoer got it wrong.
First, Marie had her first working days in June (but perhaps attending an event together with your husband isn't considered work? ) and second, her visit to the fashion show was an unofficial one, therefore according to the DRF's calendar no working day.

IMO she has obviously learned her lessons about behaving like a princess. She moves and behaves quite differently than last year.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

The dress looks nice on Marie and to me she looks pregnan.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Courtier

At the Grand Prix, she didn't look especially pregnant to me, as that's the way I look after a trip at McDonald's, however, at the fashion show, she is covering (ALL THE TIME) what looks like a belly .. So i'm just really excited about an upcoming announcement

http://www.kongelige.dk/photography/...otos/pic13.jpg

Look at her belly button in this pictures .. Looks like the belly button of a pregnant woman
Old 08-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Marie looked really beautiful, IMO. The dress is simple, but pretty.
Does anyone know if the two women sitting next to Marie were talking in Danish to her? I wonder how well she understands/speaks it already.

Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie