The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Feb 5th, 2004 - 7:37 pm
Alexandra's almost 40-years-old, right? So why does she insist on dressing like an old lady? I'm beginning to like Mary's style. I'm certain that Mary will outshine Alexandra, in the fashion department, once she becomes the Crown Princess of Denmark.
Alexandra appears to be an amazing human being, but I do agree sometimes in her photos she looks matronly. I guess it is sometimes hard to look age appropriate, not overtly sexy and elegant. Sometimes a bun makes her look older. It is a hard position to be in because there is always someone who will not like what you wear.

How did they meet?

Old 02-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Nobility

I thinkat a party i Hong kong or at their job because they worked for the some compomany. I know Fred was with Joachim when he met Alexandra.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Nobility

Prince Joachim gave an interveiw with Billed-Bladet . This is it.

Joachim fortæller hele historien: Mary er en gave til Frederik - 12.02.04

For første gang fortæller prins Joachim om sin storebror, kronprins Frederik.

Aldrig før har prins Joachim talt så åbent, følsomt og ærligt om sit tætte forhold til sin storebror – og om sin store respekt og beundring for kronprinsens forlovede, Mary Donaldson.
I dette enestående interview med BILLED-BLADET fortæller Joachim bl.a. om barndommen, »som tvillingebrødre«. Hvordan de hjalp hinanden – og skændtes med hinanden.
Prins Joachim fortæller også om mødet med Mary Donaldson. Om den store hemmelighed, som han delte med sin storebror.
Om Frederiks fantastiske evner som farbror for Joachims drenge – og om de gode råd, han vil give de kommende forældre, Mary og Frederik.

He talks about Fred, them going up, he and Fred being almost twins, says Mary is a gift to Fred and is independent, his own meeting with her,keeping their realtionships a secret from others,Fred being a good uncle,and gives F&M marriage advice. He says that here that Fred was with him when he met Alex and he was with Fred when he(Fred) met Mary. But can some translate it from word to word. I just got this summary from a website.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Courtier

Nice pictures!

It's my first time to see those!
I loved the inside look of the palace. It's simple yet looks very elegant.

They also looked very happy in their pictures in HK. Alex looks very sexy.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 02-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra's father looks so bemused in the last picture of the first set (#4), in the car with Alexandra waving to photographers.

Thanks for the pictures, jun5. They are wonderful.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@Feb 16th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
Wow, does anyone know what happened to Alexandra's dog Oscar? And doe anyone ahve the transprit of the engagement?
Ther dog Oscar are still alive and are doing very well :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Old 02-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Ther dog Oscar are still alive and are doing very well :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: [/quote]
That is good. I 'm sure he was a comfort to her when she arived in Denmark. And he must be a part of Hong Kong for her.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Courtier

I would just like to ask if have Princess Alexandra tried skiing. I haven't seen a single picture of her skiing together with friends or the royal family.

If ever you have pictures of her skiing, pls. attach it.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 03-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Commoner

Joachim And Alexandra News: Mar. 2004 - Aug. 2004

They resemble princess Alexandra.The first is Flora Chen ,an HongKong actress .she has 1/4 Britian lineage.The third is FuMinXia ,she is a diving kemp of Olympic. I think princess Alexandra and them look a little alike.

Pictures have been removed by administrator.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Nobility

This may seem like a stuipd question, but how do you pronouce Alexandra. Is it Alex-an-dra or Alex-and-ra. Most people in the states Alex-and-ra.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Courtier

People who live in Britain or America pronounce Alexandra Ah-leck-san-drah. Since we're discussing the pronunciation of names, I would like to point out that, the British and the Americans would more than likely make the mistake of pronouncing Catharina Amalia Ka-tha-ry-na Ah-mall-yah. In Spanish and Dutch, the name is actually pronounced Ka-ta-ry-na Ah-mah-lee-yah. The name Ingrid Alexandra is pronounced Ing-grid Ah-leck-san-drah in Britain and America. However, in Norway it is pronounced Ing-gree Ah-leck-san-drah.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Courtier

thank you for the pronounciation guide. I did not realize that in I-A's first name, the "d" wasn't pronounced.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

Joachim And Alexandra News and Pictures: Apr. 2004 - Jul. 2004

Which language do you think little Prince Nikolai speak (and Prince Felix too) ???
English ? Danish ? French ????

And is there a link where I can hear his voice ???
Old 04-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

My understanding is that Nikolai and Felix speak English at home as that is the language their parents speak most frequently at home. But I believe that Nikolai goes to a Danish-speaking school.

I think they are too young (especially Felix&#33 to do interviews! And the only interviews I have seen with Alexandra and/or Joachim done in the presence of their children have been print interviews, so you couldn't hear them speak anyway.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

I thought I read something somewhere that they speak English at home? I could be wrong and thinking about someone else, but I swear I remember that....
Old 04-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Yes I recall reading somewhere as well that Alexandra and Jochim speak English at home with their children. Actually many of todays Royal Families who reign over non-english speaking countries speak English at home, (in the days when Royala would generally marry their foriegn cousins it was even mor common, that's why so many Royals speak more then one language). English is still the common language when Royals meet. For example I know for a fact that when Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf of Sweden married and had children English was manily spoken at home, as Silvia didn't really study Swedish until after she married the king. The Danish Royals all speak English very well particullarly the Queen and Prince Joachim.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Nobility

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but I prefer the British / American way of pronouncing Ingrid. Ing-grid sounds much better than Ing-gree.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone have a link in which Haakon or Mette-Marit pronounce their daughter's name? For the life of me I just can't wrap my head around dropping the hard 'D' sound in Ingrid.

I think Norwegianne mentioned in a thread that the name Raghnild was pronounced the same way, with a soft 'D' sound rather than the hard 'D' sound I was thinking of when I say that name.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 4th, 2004 - 9:50 pm
Does anyone have a link in which Haakon or Mette-Marit pronounce their daughter's name? For the life of me I just can't wrap my head around dropping the hard 'D' sound in Ingrid.

I think Norwegianne mentioned in a thread that the name Raghnild was pronounced the same way, with a soft 'D' sound rather than the hard 'D' sound I was thinking of when I say that name.
good question!
maybe it's a 't' sound... it's in al languages nearly the same, as it's (nearly) imposible to pronounce a d in last position....

just to be curious... how are their names (haakon, sonja, mette marit) pronounced in norwegianne? just as english speakers pronounce them? (if someone knows who to translate it in phonetic signs it would be nice! ) thanks!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Courtier

There's a thread on that subject over in the Norwegian section. This thread is for the Danish Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra news/pictures/info.

Closed Thread