Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i totally agree it!

Princess Alex very beautiful and she takes lots clothes for occasion on pictures!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by mcq@Sep 12th, 2003 - 10:31 am
... royal guests are wearing a light blue sash with an elephant on the lower right side holding the sash in place. 

The blue sash yes but I don't think I have ever seen other royals wearing the neckless with elephants?

Originally posted by barbara_41172@Nov 10th, 2003 - 11:53 pm
He looks very gaunt in his face. I don't remember him looking like that in the past. Is this just me?

Also it strikes me that he looks much older than Frederik and he's the younger brother too. He definitely has his act together more than Fred.

Princess Alexandra looks very exquisite in photos, very classy and beautiful. Some of her fashion choices suprise me, she goes for colour combinations that I wouldn't normally myself and also I think she overdoes it with the hats. She should not wear them that often. They are lovely but not necessary IMO...She comes across as a very caring and kind individual. I am not suprised that she's so popular.

TC
Barbara
Joachim looks older i think because he smokes. I cant believe Margrethe said that about her sons in public.

Originally posted by sky@Nov 14th, 2003 - 6:30 pm
Joachim looks older i think because he smokes. I cant believe Margrethe said that about her sons in public.
What did Margrethe say about her sons publicly?

Doesn't Frederik smoke, too? I think the whole family smokes, or has smoked at some point. I know Prince Henrik publicly spoke out about quitting the habit, but I think his wife and his two sons still smoke. Not sure about Alexandra or Mary, however.

Joachim to me has always looked a tad on the gaunt side. Genes from his mother's side, I suppose.

The gaunter look at hunting ... was that because he partied to the wee hours the previous night and was somewhat hung over on hunting day ?

lena posted that the queen said that fred is better looking than joachim.

Originally posted by sky@Nov 14th, 2003 - 7:21 pm
lena posted that the queen said that fred is better looking than joachim.
I can't believe the Queen would say that about her own children.

It makes me wonder though if wonder siblings feel that they are not as "wanted" as their older siblings? That perhaps (obviously?) Frederik was the favoured child. Espescially with families where there is more than one son, since during Frederik and Joachim's generations, sons outranked daughters and automatically succedeeded to the throne for the most part (Sweden exempted).

For example, Willem more favoured than Constantijn and Johan Friso; Charles more than Andrew and Edward; Phillippe more than Laurent; and to some extent, Pavlos more than Nikolaos or Phillippos.

I hate to say ... I think CP Fred looks better in uniform than Prince Joachim. ;)

In the last pic, Prince Joachim looks like a throwback from a starved generation. :(

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 8:21 pm
I hate to say ... I think CP Fred looks better in uniform than Prince Joachim. ;)
Hahaha... I always thought that too. Even when he's not in uniform, Joachim looks to me like a WWII general. Is he tall or are Frederik and Alexandra short?

The dilemma with Prince Joachim is that he is not as cheerful as Frederick. That's why he looks to me like a prince who didn't eat his breakfast! :)

But it's ok. He is still handsome. I prefer his looks than Frederick. He is not fat just enough and I like his height. Sort of a tall person.

It has been a long time since Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra had an official visit to other countries. Are they really very busy? I know with P Alexandra. She is very occupied especially with the organizations she supports then she has UNICEF Denmark.

I hope I could see new pictures of her. She wasn't even there during the hunting.
I think she was not there maybe because she was busy or she doesn't like to hunt animals. I think she supports an organization related to animals. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by paulette@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 10:03 am
The dilemma with Prince Joachim is that he is not as cheerful as Frederick. That's why he looks to me like a prince who didn't eat his breakfast! :)
That's very true and observant, Paulette. Even when Frederik is not smiling, he has a demeanor of a happy or cheerful person -- something about those sparkle in his eyes. But Joachim comes off for the most part as very stern looking - must be those hollow cheekbones or something! :rolleyes: Someone on this board pointed out a similar thing about Claire of Belgium; that she can look very stern when she isn't smiling, and I think the same holds for Joachim.

Polfoto 27-11-2003 Alexandra ved uddeling af Netværksprisen 2003, - prisen gik til Danish Crown.

Polfoto 27-11-2003 Kongejagt på Ledreborg Slot ved Roskilde. Prins Henrik og prins Joachim ankommer.

Attachments

• DK_manley_500.jpg
    DK_manley_500.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DK_manley_500a.jpg
    DK_manley_500a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 273
  • DK_manley_500b.jpg
    DK_manley_500b.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 221
  • DK_manley_500c.jpg
    DK_manley_500c.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DK_manley_500d.jpg
    DK_manley_500d.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 199
  • DK_manley_500e.jpg
    DK_manley_500e.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 231
  • DK_manley_500f.jpg
    DK_manley_500f.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DK_joachim_500.jpg
    DK_joachim_500.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DK_family_500.jpg
    DK_family_500.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 189
Coppyright Imagien Scandinavia - Cöpenhagen, Danmark. Princess Alexandra of Denmark at the Netværkprice Ceremony at the Danish Royal Mail today in Copenhagen.

Coppyright Imagien - Princess Alexandra of Denmark attending the Rotary International Distrikt Fund Raising Event at the Fredriksberg Castle in Copenhagen tonight.

Attachments

• 966.jpg
    966.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 967.jpg
    967.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DK_manley_500i.jpg
    DK_manley_500i.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 256.jpg
    256.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 234
  • 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 237
  • SW_manley_501b.jpg
    SW_manley_501b.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 247
  • DK_manley_501c.jpg
    DK_manley_501c.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 204
Great pictures! Thank you for posting them, Alexandria. :flower: Princess Alexandra, she is very charming, splendid and attractive. I like the photo which posted on Dec 1st, 2003 - 7:38 pm very much. She is very beautiful.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 1st, 2003 - 7:31 pm
Coppyright Imagien - Princess Alexandra of Denmark attending the Rotary International Distrikt Fund Raising Event at the Fredriksberg Castle in Copenhagen tonight.
Alex, you are a lovely woman, but please stop wearing such unflattering nylons! Surely someone must have pointed out that ones such as these do not photograph well and detract from an otherwise classic outfit. Anyone else on the board agree or will I have to go into hiding? :ninja: ;)

Then again, Henrik seems to be wearing some ridiculous socks above... :lol:

Yes, I noticed some troubles with their hosiery....too shiny nylons and Frederik's socks (it looks like he was trying for a knickers effect ?).

Alexandra looks great at that evening event, though, despite the nylons. She looks younger and younger, and oh so serene.

Splendid pictures of Princess Alexandra!
I liked her outfit! The design is simple yet it looks great on her.
She could have done something to her hair even though it isn't that long yet. To make her more beautiful.
I also liked her shoes. That's was also what she wore during the state visit of the royals from Luxembourg. It's very stylish!

It is fine with me if she is wearing stockings but I hope she chooses one that complements with her skin tone. Not something that is very bright.

her overall outfit is very nice..

Prince Henrik should have worn his pants properly. It was like the lower part of his pants was folded so his long and white socks was revealed.

what's the matter with the nylons ... they look good to me.

what gets me is, her red hat is somehow wrong, and she also looks a tad cranky.

Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: December 2003 - Sept. 2004

last thread can be found here

http://www.seoghoer.dk

Princess Alexandra is back in school , she will now learn Chince the mandarin dialect

10. december 2003

ALEXANDRA: LÆRER KINESISK

Prinsesse Alexandra er kendt som lidt af et sprogtalent. Dansk lærte hun i sin tid lynhurtigt ved hjælp af to dygtige privatlærere. Den succes
bliver nu fulgt op af endnu en periode på skolebænken, denne gang ud i kunsten at tale kinesisk. Alexandra er ganske vist ferm til at tale
kantonesisk, der er den dialekt af kinesisk, som tales i Hongkong. Kinas officielle dialekt, mandarin, som tales i blandt andet hovedstaden Beijing, mestrer den 39-årige prinsesse imidlertid ikke, og det er netop den dialekt, som prinsessen er begyndt at studere. Det er imidlertid
ikke et kommende officielt besøg i det store land, som har fået prinsessen til at gribe skolebøgerne. – Nej, der har hun og prins Joachim jo lige været. Det er af ren og skær interesse, at prinsessen er begyndt at læse kinesisk. Men du må altså ikke bede mig om en bedømmelse af, hvad hun kan, og hvad hun skal lære. Det forstår jeg mig slet ikke på, siger prinsesse Alexandras og prins Joachims nye privatsekretær, Kurt Bache. Han understreger, at undervisningen er helt privat

Yea....I speak Swedish but from what I can gather-

-Princess Alexandra learned Danish with the help of private instructors.
-She has a firm grasp of Cantonese- the dialect spoken in Hong Kong.
-She has now started to learn Mandarin- the dialect spoken in cities like Beijing in Mainland China.
-She is very interested in learning to speak Mandarin because most Chinese speak it.
-Joachim and Alexandra will be learning it together from a private tutor. (Kurt something)

Originally posted by moosey60@Dec 12th, 2003 - 6:52 pm
Yea....I speak Swedish but from what I can gather-

-Princess Alexandra learned Danish with the help of private instructors.
-She has a firm grasp of Cantonese- the dialect spoken in Hong Kong.
-She has now started to learn Mandarin- the dialect spoken in cities like Beijing in Mainland China.
-She is very interested in learning to speak Mandarin because most Chinese speak it.
-Joachim and Alexandra will be learning it together from a private tutor. (Kurt something)
Joachim will be learning to speak Mandarin too? It wouldn't have any practical application for him, would it? And plus it will probably be easier for Alexandra to learn Mandarin than it would be for Joachim. But still, the thought of couples undertaking a new language together is very sweet!

Men du må altså ikke bede mig om en bedømmelse af, hvad hun kan, og hvad hun skal lære. Det forstår jeg mig slet ikke på, siger prinsesse Alexandras og prins Joachims nye privatsekretær, Kurt Bache. Han understreger, at undervisningen er helt privat
Joachim will be learning to speak Mandarin too?
No !

The Personal Secretary to TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra’s Household, Kurt Bache, talks about her language tutoring.

Thanks, moosey60! I think it's cool that she's going to learn Mandarin, as I am fluent in it also!

Polfoto 15-12-2003 Lord of the Rings Premiere in Denmark

Attachments

• 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 269
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom