The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Gentry

I've heard it too...they said, that Joachim go often to partys etc. and Alexandra don't like that...I don't know...

Old 09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordishbynature
I've heard it too...they said, that Joachim go often to partys etc. and Alexandra don't like that...I don't know...
That is NOT tru.
Alexandra and Joachim are tow of the most working persons in the Royal family her in Denmark,so don´t lisen to what they say about Alexandra and Joachim.
They just want to create a new rumor about Alexandra and Joachim becaus they don´t have anything on Mary and Frederik.
Ther has never been a divorce in the Royal family her in Denmark and i hope that ther never will be that.
I don´t want Denmark to be like England with all ther divorces. :( :( :( :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I've read that in a tv program in spain were talking about Alexandra and Joachim having a crisis in their marriage and the rumors said they are considering a split. Have anyone heard about this?
That is just a stupid rumor.
Wher did you see that program ? in Spain,Germany,England ?

Old 09-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Gentry

We can't know that, either they will have a divorce or not...we will see.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

That's just ridiculous! No one knows anything about whether or not the couple is having a marriage crisis except them.

The idea that Alexandra wants a divorce because of the cold whether is too absurd to entertain. For one how on earth would could Spanish program possible know what the Princess wants?

Although they are no strangers to rumors about their marriage, I feel quite sorry for the couple. If they are having a marriage crisis their lives, they have to get through it all the while their relationship is being paraded and gossiped about in magazines and tv programs. And if they aren't having a marriage crisis and are perfectly happy they have to suffer through it nonetheless.

Poor couple....:(
Old 09-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Well I hope that it is just a rumor because sometimes things like this could really ruin a relationship. I was really shocked when they talk about them because they are so lovely together. Hopefully this will all blow away.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think a divorce because of the weather would hold up well in a court of law. The judge would probably laugh in your face.

That aside, the rumours of trouble in the marriage of Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim appear to be at least based on some truth. Every marriage goes through its rough patches. However, even if their marriage was over I doubt they would divorce. The reasons are first off, a royal divorce in Denmark would cause a huge scandal and could possibly damage the monarchy's reputation. Second, Alexandra enjoys being a member of the royal family and I don't think she would give that up easily.

The sad thing is that the divorce rate is high in royal circles because it's extremely hard for someone who was not born into royalty, to really know all the privileges, but also the restrictions that come with. That is why in many ways all of the British marriages broke down. Even some of the marriages that lasted have been troubled. Look at the marriage of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, it went through its bad patches because Henrik had a hard time adjusting to royal life. Queen Beatrix and her husband, Prince Claus, had some tough times. Prince Claus had a very hard time and really didn't like royal life at all.

So I wouldn't worry about a divorce at this moment in time.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Joachim and Alexandra...crisis?

Well, I've read about this in a forum of an spanish magazine: Hola. Another news that I read and this one was not in that forum but on the web (dont remember the site sorry) was that some politician in Denmark was proposing a personal budget for Alexandra, because she is really doing a great job for Denmark (charities, etc) and they think she needs her personal money for paying a chauffeur and gasoline! Isn't it courious!
Old 09-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Hola doesn't know anything - its one of those magazines that report on what's been written in online message forums. I mean they reported that Mary was criticised in Denmark for wearing "middriff bearing outifts" to weddings, but I think if you ask the Danes, not one publication in Denmark said anything like this - it was purely harmful talk from online forums, and Hola reported it like it was fact.

So for this one, I don't think Hola really has any credible sources. They probably just copied Ekstra Bladet who reported something similar, and we all know Ekstra Bladet is hardly the most credible of sources.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

can you imagine if they did divorce? that would totally rock all of Denmark!!! but hopefully they won't...every marriage has had its ups and downs and their marriage is like fairy tale come true [apart from Mary's and Fred's marriage] it would be sad to see such a sad ending to such a real fairy tale ^___^
Old 09-12-2004, 05:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
....that some politician in Denmark was proposing a personal budget for Alexandra, because she is really doing a great job for Denmark (charities, etc) and they think she needs her personal money for paying a chauffeur and gasoline! Isn't it courious!
You had written the reason of why some Danish politicians want to propose personal budget for Alex, then why should we take it as curious thing? As I know so far, Alexandra does not have any budget from the state then (I think) it makes sense for them to have thought giving her some money after she has done her job well.

I am more curious about somebody ‘somewhere there’ is trying to heat up this matter (A&J divorce) for their benefit .
Old 09-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

I do not mean to disagree with everyone but if you really think about it, PJochim was married when he was 26. That is quite young. After all these years, he has grown to be a mature man and if his maturity leads to the desire for independence from his 5 years older, much more mature woman, let along the one with different backgound, I can understand. I think differences are exciting and exotic when you are young, but people tend to go back to their roots ones they grow older(especially Jochim has been living back in his homeground, not Hong Kong where he was somewhat a guest working in the foreign land-where Alex would feel strong and native) I would not be surprised if Jochim began to feel more comfortable with his fellow danish girls bit younger whom he could feel more control, instead with older, foreign woman. Everyone says Alex works hard and tries very much-but most of the times originals are stronger than the adopted ones.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Instead of talking about will they or won't they (we will never know unless they tell us! we'll never get anywhere with that kind of talk) why not discuss J&A's latest outing. They, along with QM & PH and F & M, attended the wedding of Count Bendt Wedell (28) to Pernille Korsbak Poulsen. See CP Mary MB for more details (though mostly about Fred and Mary, and Mary's earrings haha!)
Old 09-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Instead of talking about.... why not discuss J&A's latest outing....
Agree :)

It is a nice photo Jasl thanks. I think her gown is not a new one...but I don't remember when/where she wore it before.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

One more of Joachim and Alexandra at the wedding yesterday. I believe that Alexandra wore this gown a few years ago to the gala dinner for Queen Margrethe's 60th birhday? Margrethe wore a black dress, Benedikte wore an orange beaded dress and Anne Marie wore a mauve dress. Is that right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wedding-joachim.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	40529  
Old 09-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Yes you are right, it is the same gown in QM II 60th birthday anniversary…She had a very unique hair style; wore her amethyst jewelries; wore purple shoes and carried the same little purple pouch in that event. The gown was very long then she had to hold it while dancing with Joachim.

Btw on the two last photo above, does somebody know or has a photo of her hair style looking from behind, I am curious about “some purple thing” behind her head. Just wondered if its are some kind of hair bows or pins (we can see more clear in Jasl post)
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Nobility

I've always loved Alexandra's personality, but some of her attire is just absolutely hideous at times. This gown is a great color, but the the beading or whatever that is really awful.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:03 AM

anyone noticed that she has only one tiara after ALL this years?!
wouldn't it be so nice of the QM to give her some more nice tiaras as she is one of her daughters in law who works on her duty in such excellent way?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Nobility

It would be nice to see Alex in another tiara, but I really don't see what Her Majesty could make availabe to her. Only the Queen is allowed to wear the Crown Jewels, and Queen Margrethe uses her tiaras a lot, so one would most likely have to be purchased for Alexandra. When you think about it, Mary only has two tiaras herself. The ruby, which is part of the parure, and her wedding tiara. Of course, when she becomes Queen Consort, she will have use of the Crown Jewels.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

I agree, another tiara would be nice. But perhaps she doesn't see the need for one, or else I am sure Prince Joachim would have bought her one.:)
Old 09-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Very well said JULIAL! I agree with you! I love Alexandra, but what you said is True! Let's pray that they never divorce, for me they seem very in love!

Closed Thread