The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Alexandra besøger PUKPolfoto 01-09-2004 En kører fortæller om sin sport til prinsesse Alexandra. Prinsessen besøgte onsdag Københavns Gokart Bane på Amager hvor hun fulgte med i livet en eftermiddag i Politiets Ungdoms Klub. Prinsesse Alexandra var inviteret af ungdomsklubben som tak for den økonomiske støtte, hun har ydet klubben gennem Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond. (Magnus Møller/POLFOTO)

More from the Copenhagen Gokart club (is that correct???)

Having a look and chatting with the drivers...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandra_2004.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	39121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandra_2004-2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	39122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandra_2004-3.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	39125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandria_2004-4.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	39126  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandra_2004-5.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	39127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexandra_2004-6.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	39128  

Old 09-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Great pictures Julia! I particularly love the second photo from the first set. Alexandra looks radiant.

Old 09-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Great pictures Julia! I particularly love the second photo from the first set. Alexandra looks radiant.
Thanks! Alexandra does look very radiant in that second photo. One of the best candids taken of her this year!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Alexandra besøger PUKPolfoto 01-09-2004 En (Magnus Møller/POLFOTO)
She looks fantastic as usual,......thanks for the photos Julia
Old 09-05-2004, 04:09 AM
Gentry

In the German Press there are rumours about a divorce between Joachim and Alexandra, in case they should live their own lives apart from each other. Does anybody knows more about it?
Old 09-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by konan
In the German Press there are rumours about a divorce between Joachim and Alexandra, in case they should live their own lives apart from each other. Does anybody knows more about it?
There are some small rumours about that here too - with the fact that they're never together and so, but we're not quite ure wether to believe them or not!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Courtier

I've also noticed that. Joachim is frequently out of the country while Alexandra is in and vice versa. Joachim wasn't even there for Nikolai's birthday...was he there for Felix's?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
I've also noticed that. Joachim is frequently out of the country while Alexandra is in and vice versa. Joachim wasn't even there for Nikolai's birthday...was he there for Felix's?
I think these are just rumours the tabloids have come up because they have nothing better to do. Frederik and Mary are newlyweds and just came back from enjoying each other's company in Athens, no further late mid-life crises from Henrik, so spin the dial and the members of the DRF not subjected to rumours recently: Joachim and Alexandra.

They both have very busy schedules between performing royal duties and tending to Schakenborg, and as they agree to have at least one parent home for their sons while one is out of town, I think this is what is lending to the "two ships passing in the night" image of this couple, hence their marriage is on the rocks. It could just be an extra hectic time for them: Joachim just got back from Athens, Alexandra was in China.

If one of them missed Nikolai's recent birthday, I'm sure it was not intentional because the one couldn't stand to be in the same room as the other or something like that. When you have two parents with busy work schedules, unfortunately sometimes parents miss a birthday or two. It's not nice, it's not pleasant but its a fact of life. And whos to say that just because the actual day of Nikola's birthday was missed it wasn't post-poned or re-celebrated as a family another day before the actual birthdate or after?

Just a case of people wanting to stir up trouble where there is none, I think.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
, I think this is what is lending to the "two ships passing in the night" image of this couple, hence their marriage is on the rocks. It could just be an extra hectic time for them: Joachim just got back from Athens, Alexandra was in China.
I don't think so at all. I wouldn't call it a hectic time for them (and certainly not extra hectic). I would define hectic or extra hectic as being the middle of a busy season (fall or spring), Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim are busy with engagements (taking them overseas at times), and the children are in school so time with them are limited.

However this was not the case.It was the summer;the children were out of school, Princess Alexandra was in DK with only one engagement on her calender, and Prince Joachim was in Athens for a few days. They had plenty of "off-time" as a family.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by konan
I don't know the truth but I will not believe it until I hear announcement from the royal house or Denmark parliament. Otherwise I believe it is just only a 'cheap' rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKgirl
- with the fact that they're never together and so, but we're not quite ure wether to believe them or not!
Don't forget they (with their children) just took holiday in French before Alex left for China. I think they have own way to keep in touch while one and another in separate place.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
.... I believe it is just only a 'cheap' rumor.
I absolutely agree. I don't think there's even any indication of it - they just had nothing to write about so they made it up. But I think we all know its absolutely untrue anyway.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Courtier

I also agree with you in that you say ther Jasl.
I think that it is a very cheap rumor som of the tabloids newspabers has started.
I don´t like the tabloid newspaber callede Ekstrabladet they are trach after my oppinion and that is Se&Hør also.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I don't know the truth but I will not believe it until I hear announcement from the royal house or Denmark parliament. Otherwise I believe it is just only a 'cheap' rumor.
I completely agree with you on this. And I am disappointed that so much time has been spent hashing over whether this nonsense of a rumour could be true or not. Unfortuantely it's how the media makes its money, and it's terrible that it can hurt others in the process.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I completely agree with you on this. And I am disappointed that so much time has been spent hashing over whether this nonsense of a rumour could be true or not. Unfortuantely it's how the media makes its money, and it's terrible that it can hurt others in the process.
I really agree with you Alexandria reagrding this matter and I don't believe that the two are maybe planning for a divorce. To be able to prove that Prince Joachim's family is intact, it doesn't need any pictures really of them together.
Both also the prince and princess do have time for each other so with their children. Just because there are no pictures of both of them parenting then it would already result to a divorce.

And not all of the engagements or tasks the princess and prince are supposed to do are written in the calendar of the royal house's website. This is true for what is only stated in the website are the main highlights. And some even of the engagements of Her Majesty is not indicated in the calendar. But I assure you that no member of the Royal Family is doing nothing for all of them are busy.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 09-07-2004, 05:52 AM
Courtier

Alexandra's skin looks very tan in those photos, is it the real colour or because of the picture’s quality? She looks good, thanks for the photos Alexandria
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Courtier

I think Alex looks very summery. Whenever I look at the pics I get reminded of the sun and citrus fruits. Just lovely! I think Billed Bladet was right - her style of dressing for official functions has definitely softened; a lot less business-suit like than before (which, I'm sorry to say, reminded me so much of the 80's even though it was already the late 90's early 2000's). I like this style much much more!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Question Joachim and Alexandra's relationship in crisis?

I've read that in a tv program in spain were talking about Alexandra and Joachim having a crisis in their marriage and the rumors said they are considering a split. Have anyone heard about this?
Old 09-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

Divorce????

Ok, I know some of you may be a bit angry after I tell this but it isn't my intention to do any harm. Here goes. Today I heard on a Spanish television program that there is a crisis in their marriage. That Alex doesn't like the weather (it is too chill) or maybe it is the danish chillness that she doesn't like. There are talks and rumours of divorce but then the Queen must give permittion for that. I hope that this is just a rumour because they make such a beautiful family and Alexandra is one of my favourite princesses of Europe.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Alexandra wants a divorce because the weather in Denmark is too cold? That's just about the silliest thing I've ever heard.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchic5
Princess Alexandra wants a divorce because the weather in Denmark is too cold? That's just about the silliest thing I've ever heard.
I really don´t think that the Spanish media know what they are talking about.

Closed Thread