Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not mean to disagree with everyone but if you really think about it, PJochim was married when he was 26. That is quite young. After all these years, he has grown to be a mature man and if his maturity leads to the desire for independence from his 5 years older, much more mature woman, let along the one with different backgound, I can understand. I think differences are exciting and exotic when you are young, but people tend to go back to their roots ones they grow older(especially Jochim has been living back in his homeground, not Hong Kong where he was somewhat a guest working in the foreign land-where Alex would feel strong and native) I would not be surprised if Jochim began to feel more comfortable with his fellow danish girls bit younger whom he could feel more control, instead with older, foreign woman. Everyone says Alex works hard and tries very much-but most of the times originals are stronger than the adopted ones.

Instead of talking about will they or won't they (we will never know unless they tell us! we'll never get anywhere with that kind of talk) why not discuss J&A's latest outing. They, along with QM & PH and F & M, attended the wedding of Count Bendt Wedell (28) to Pernille Korsbak Poulsen. See CP Mary MB for more details (though mostly about Fred and Mary, and Mary's earrings haha!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasl said:
Instead of talking about.... why not discuss J&A's latest outing....
Agree :)

It is a nice photo Jasl thanks. I think her gown is not a new one...but I don't remember when/where she wore it before.

One more of Joachim and Alexandra at the wedding yesterday. I believe that Alexandra wore this gown a few years ago to the gala dinner for Queen Margrethe's 60th birhday? Margrethe wore a black dress, Benedikte wore an orange beaded dress and Anne Marie wore a mauve dress. Is that right?

Attachments

• wedding-joachim.jpg
    wedding-joachim.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 372
Yes you are right, it is the same gown in QM II 60th birthday anniversary…She had a very unique hair style; wore her amethyst jewelries; wore purple shoes and carried the same little purple pouch in that event. The gown was very long then she had to hold it while dancing with Joachim.

Btw on the two last photo above, does somebody know or has a photo of her hair style looking from behind, I am curious about “some purple thing” behind her head. Just wondered if its are some kind of hair bows or pins (we can see more clear in Jasl post)

Attachments

• alexjoa4.jpg
    alexjoa4.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
I've always loved Alexandra's personality, but some of her attire is just absolutely hideous at times. This gown is a great color, but the the beading or whatever that is really awful.

anyone noticed that she has only one tiara after ALL this years?!
wouldn't it be so nice of the QM to give her some more nice tiaras as she is one of her daughters in law who works on her duty in such excellent way?

It would be nice to see Alex in another tiara, but I really don't see what Her Majesty could make availabe to her. Only the Queen is allowed to wear the Crown Jewels, and Queen Margrethe uses her tiaras a lot, so one would most likely have to be purchased for Alexandra. When you think about it, Mary only has two tiaras herself. The ruby, which is part of the parure, and her wedding tiara. Of course, when she becomes Queen Consort, she will have use of the Crown Jewels.

I agree, another tiara would be nice. But perhaps she doesn't see the need for one, or else I am sure Prince Joachim would have bought her one.:)

Very well said JULIAL! I agree with you! I love Alexandra, but what you said is True! Let's pray that they never divorce, for me they seem very in love!

Jasl said:
. The purple thing on Alex's head is a purple butterfly hair ornament. I know some would disagree, but I'm really not a fan of that! Too kiddish for my liking, ).
Thanks for the photos. Yeah... I prefer she puts something like flower(s) corsage in her hair style or put nothing at all than just only one little butterfly pin.
as is the gown (too voluminous and she's having trouble...)
Was the party inside a large hall?... if it wasn't, that voluminous gown could make some trouble, but I think most of the princesses and Queens are good in managing voluminouse gown

A&J still look as lovely couple anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Regina said:
Very well said JULIAL! I agree with you! I love Alexandra, but what you said is True! Let's pray that they never divorce, for me they seem very in love!

I think to speculate ‘something bad’ to other people without a good strong reason is not a very nice attitude. In my opinion we should not speculate anymore about the reasons of A&J's separation/divorce which has never been announced and even nobody knows for sure about the truth (so no strong reason to do this speculation), otherwise I’m afraid it might give a wrong suggestion to somebody else. Nobody knows what is inside of Joachim’s and Alexandra’s minds doesn’t it. Beside, (just like what another post has said) if nothing bad happens with A&J married life then the speculation might hurt the couple’s feelings. So, that ‘negative’ speculation actually is not a good thing especially for somebody who has said as ‘who likes/loves the princess’. .
I think if somebody wants to pray for A&J happiness that is a much better way.
Well of course all of these are just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
Yeah... I prefer she puts something like flower(s) corsage in her hair style or put nothing at all than just only one little butterfly pin.
Great idea! I think these orchids would have looked really lovely on Alex's hair.

saran.jpg
PF2.jpg

or
20040831221505c9e5.jpg

(n.b. I really need help with thumbnails! :) )

Last edited:
Polfoto 13-09-2004 Prinsesse Alexandra ankommer til gallaåbningen af Københavns internationale børnefilm festival, Buster. Prinsessen er protektor for festivalen, der for femte år i træk en hel uge byder på spillefilm, kortfilm, dokumentarfilm og animationsfilm for børn og unge.

Attachments

• CH102752_guest.jpg
    CH102752_guest.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 300
  • CH102758_guest.jpg
    CH102758_guest.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 297
Joachim and Alexandra to divorce?

After nine years of marriage, and two children. They seemed like the perfect couple. According to this article, while Alexandra is out serving Denmark and working hard, Joachim still chooses to be a party boy?

here is a link from the article at hellomagazine.com

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/09/16/alexandradenmark/

The princess looks nice in her attire while attending the Københavns Internationale Børnefilm Festival. She looks younger and fresh.

Wow!

Joachim is a real looker! I had no idea that he's that handsome! WOW!:)

As Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra are now seperated and getting divorced, there are now new, seperate threads for the former couple, each devoted to the individual as they embark on their new life and continue to carry out their royal duties.

To post or view News and Pictures of Prince Joachim, please visit: http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/showthread.php?p=128879

For News and Pictures of Princess Alexandra, please visit: http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/showthread.php?p=128878

This thread will now be closed. :(

I've noticed that Joachim looks older than Frederik now...I know they're only a year apart but Joachim looks 40-something while Frederik looks in his late 20s. Joachim was pretty handsome in the past though. This must be because of the cigarettes.

Thanks, Jenna, for posting these beautiful photos. It's quite hard for me to think there will be no other photos such as these for Joachim and Alexandra. I'm wondering if there was some start of "trouble brewing" when these photos were taken?

Good question. However there is the posiblity that it HAD already started. We will never know.

moosey60 said:
I've noticed that Joachim looks older than Frederik now...I know they're only a year apart but Joachim looks 40-something while Frederik looks in his late 20s. Joachim was pretty handsome in the past though. This must be because of the cigarettes.
I can tell you that CP Frederik is 36 years old and that his kidbrother Joachim is 35 years old.
I have lost a great deal of respekt for Prince Joachim sinc the announcement of the deviorce of Prince Joachim and Princesse Alexandra.
He looks like a grumpy mand and i am so glad that he is not going to be the next regent her in Denmark.:)

moosey60 said:
I agree. When I started getting interested in the Danish Royal family, I always thought that Joachim was older!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom