Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandra besøger PUKPolfoto 01-09-2004 En kører fortæller om sin sport til prinsesse Alexandra. Prinsessen besøgte onsdag Københavns Gokart Bane på Amager hvor hun fulgte med i livet en eftermiddag i Politiets Ungdoms Klub. Prinsesse Alexandra var inviteret af ungdomsklubben som tak for den økonomiske støtte, hun har ydet klubben gennem Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond. (Magnus Møller/POLFOTO)

More from the Copenhagen Gokart club (is that correct???)

Having a look and chatting with the drivers...

Attachments

• Alexandra_2004.jpg
    Alexandra_2004.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Alexandra_2004-2.jpg
    Alexandra_2004-2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Alexandra_2004-3.jpg
    Alexandra_2004-3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Alexandria_2004-4.jpg
    Alexandria_2004-4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Alexandra_2004-5.jpg
    Alexandra_2004-5.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Alexandra_2004-6.jpg
    Alexandra_2004-6.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures Julia! I particularly love the second photo from the first set. Alexandra looks radiant.

Alexandria said:
Great pictures Julia! I particularly love the second photo from the first set. Alexandra looks radiant.
Thanks! Alexandra does look very radiant in that second photo. One of the best candids taken of her this year!

In the German Press there are rumours about a divorce between Joachim and Alexandra, in case they should live their own lives apart from each other. Does anybody knows more about it?

konan said:
In the German Press there are rumours about a divorce between Joachim and Alexandra, in case they should live their own lives apart from each other. Does anybody knows more about it?
There are some small rumours about that here too - with the fact that they're never together and so, but we're not quite ure wether to believe them or not!

I've also noticed that. Joachim is frequently out of the country while Alexandra is in and vice versa. Joachim wasn't even there for Nikolai's birthday...was he there for Felix's?

moosey60 said:
I've also noticed that. Joachim is frequently out of the country while Alexandra is in and vice versa. Joachim wasn't even there for Nikolai's birthday...was he there for Felix's?
I think these are just rumours the tabloids have come up because they have nothing better to do. Frederik and Mary are newlyweds and just came back from enjoying each other's company in Athens, no further late mid-life crises from Henrik, so spin the dial and the members of the DRF not subjected to rumours recently: Joachim and Alexandra.

They both have very busy schedules between performing royal duties and tending to Schakenborg, and as they agree to have at least one parent home for their sons while one is out of town, I think this is what is lending to the "two ships passing in the night" image of this couple, hence their marriage is on the rocks. It could just be an extra hectic time for them: Joachim just got back from Athens, Alexandra was in China.

If one of them missed Nikolai's recent birthday, I'm sure it was not intentional because the one couldn't stand to be in the same room as the other or something like that. When you have two parents with busy work schedules, unfortunately sometimes parents miss a birthday or two. It's not nice, it's not pleasant but its a fact of life. And whos to say that just because the actual day of Nikola's birthday was missed it wasn't post-poned or re-celebrated as a family another day before the actual birthdate or after?

Just a case of people wanting to stir up trouble where there is none, I think.

Genevieve said:
, I think this is what is lending to the "two ships passing in the night" image of this couple, hence their marriage is on the rocks. It could just be an extra hectic time for them: Joachim just got back from Athens, Alexandra was in China.

I don't think so at all. I wouldn't call it a hectic time for them (and certainly not extra hectic). I would define hectic or extra hectic as being the middle of a busy season (fall or spring), Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim are busy with engagements (taking them overseas at times), and the children are in school so time with them are limited.

However this was not the case.It was the summer;the children were out of school, Princess Alexandra was in DK with only one engagement on her calender, and Prince Joachim was in Athens for a few days. They had plenty of "off-time" as a family.

konan said:
I don't know the truth but I will not believe it until I hear announcement from the royal house or Denmark parliament. Otherwise I believe it is just only a 'cheap' rumor.

DKgirl said:
- with the fact that they're never together and so, but we're not quite ure wether to believe them or not!
Don't forget they (with their children) just took holiday in French before Alex left for China. I think they have own way to keep in touch while one and another in separate place.

.... I believe it is just only a 'cheap' rumor.
I absolutely agree. I don't think there's even any indication of it - they just had nothing to write about so they made it up. But I think we all know its absolutely untrue anyway.

I also agree with you in that you say ther Jasl.
I think that it is a very cheap rumor som of the tabloids newspabers has started.
I don´t like the tabloid newspaber callede Ekstrabladet they are trach after my oppinion and that is Se&Hør also.

galuhcandrakirana said:
I don't know the truth but I will not believe it until I hear announcement from the royal house or Denmark parliament. Otherwise I believe it is just only a 'cheap' rumor.
I completely agree with you on this. And I am disappointed that so much time has been spent hashing over whether this nonsense of a rumour could be true or not. Unfortuantely it's how the media makes its money, and it's terrible that it can hurt others in the process.

Alexandria said:
I completely agree with you on this. And I am disappointed that so much time has been spent hashing over whether this nonsense of a rumour could be true or not. Unfortuantely it's how the media makes its money, and it's terrible that it can hurt others in the process.
I really agree with you Alexandria reagrding this matter and I don't believe that the two are maybe planning for a divorce. To be able to prove that Prince Joachim's family is intact, it doesn't need any pictures really of them together.
Both also the prince and princess do have time for each other so with their children. Just because there are no pictures of both of them parenting then it would already result to a divorce.

And not all of the engagements or tasks the princess and prince are supposed to do are written in the calendar of the royal house's website. This is true for what is only stated in the website are the main highlights. And some even of the engagements of Her Majesty is not indicated in the calendar. But I assure you that no member of the Royal Family is doing nothing for all of them are busy.

Alexandra's skin looks very tan in those photos, is it the real colour or because of the picture’s quality? She looks good, thanks for the photos Alexandria

I think Alex looks very summery. Whenever I look at the pics I get reminded of the sun and citrus fruits. Just lovely! I think Billed Bladet was right - her style of dressing for official functions has definitely softened; a lot less business-suit like than before (which, I'm sorry to say, reminded me so much of the 80's even though it was already the late 90's early 2000's). I like this style much much more!

Joachim and Alexandra's relationship in crisis?

I've read that in a tv program in spain were talking about Alexandra and Joachim having a crisis in their marriage and the rumors said they are considering a split. Have anyone heard about this?

Divorce????

Ok, I know some of you may be a bit angry after I tell this but it isn't my intention to do any harm. Here goes. Today I heard on a Spanish television program that there is a crisis in their marriage. That Alex doesn't like the weather (it is too chill) or maybe it is the danish chillness that she doesn't like. There are talks and rumours of divorce but then the Queen must give permittion for that. I hope that this is just a rumour because they make such a beautiful family and Alexandra is one of my favourite princesses of Europe.

Princess Alexandra wants a divorce because the weather in Denmark is too cold? That's just about the silliest thing I've ever heard.

irishchic5 said:
Princess Alexandra wants a divorce because the weather in Denmark is too cold? That's just about the silliest thing I've ever heard.
I really don´t think that the Spanish media know what they are talking about.

I've heard it too...they said, that Joachim go often to partys etc. and Alexandra don't like that...I don't know...

nordishbynature said:
I've heard it too...they said, that Joachim go often to partys etc. and Alexandra don't like that...I don't know...
That is NOT tru.
Alexandra and Joachim are tow of the most working persons in the Royal family her in Denmark,so don´t lisen to what they say about Alexandra and Joachim.
They just want to create a new rumor about Alexandra and Joachim becaus they don´t have anything on Mary and Frederik.
Ther has never been a divorce in the Royal family her in Denmark and i hope that ther never will be that.
I don´t want Denmark to be like England with all ther divorces. :( :( :( :(

Ariel said:
I've read that in a tv program in spain were talking about Alexandra and Joachim having a crisis in their marriage and the rumors said they are considering a split. Have anyone heard about this?
That is just a stupid rumor.
Wher did you see that program ? in Spain,Germany,England ?

That's just ridiculous! No one knows anything about whether or not the couple is having a marriage crisis except them.

The idea that Alexandra wants a divorce because of the cold whether is too absurd to entertain. For one how on earth would could Spanish program possible know what the Princess wants?:rolleyes:

Although they are no strangers to rumors about their marriage, I feel quite sorry for the couple. If they are having a marriage crisis their lives, they have to get through it all the while their relationship is being paraded and gossiped about in magazines and tv programs. And if they aren't having a marriage crisis and are perfectly happy they have to suffer through it nonetheless.

Poor couple....:(

Last edited:
Well I hope that it is just a rumor because sometimes things like this could really ruin a relationship. I was really shocked when they talk about them because they are so lovely together. Hopefully this will all blow away.

I don't think a divorce because of the weather would hold up well in a court of law. The judge would probably laugh in your face.

That aside, the rumours of trouble in the marriage of Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim appear to be at least based on some truth. Every marriage goes through its rough patches. However, even if their marriage was over I doubt they would divorce. The reasons are first off, a royal divorce in Denmark would cause a huge scandal and could possibly damage the monarchy's reputation. Second, Alexandra enjoys being a member of the royal family and I don't think she would give that up easily.

The sad thing is that the divorce rate is high in royal circles because it's extremely hard for someone who was not born into royalty, to really know all the privileges, but also the restrictions that come with. That is why in many ways all of the British marriages broke down. Even some of the marriages that lasted have been troubled. Look at the marriage of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, it went through its bad patches because Henrik had a hard time adjusting to royal life. Queen Beatrix and her husband, Prince Claus, had some tough times. Prince Claus had a very hard time and really didn't like royal life at all.

So I wouldn't worry about a divorce at this moment in time.

Joachim and Alexandra...crisis?

Well, I've read about this in a forum of an spanish magazine: Hola. Another news that I read and this one was not in that forum but on the web (dont remember the site sorry) was that some politician in Denmark was proposing a personal budget for Alexandra, because she is really doing a great job for Denmark (charities, etc) and they think she needs her personal money for paying a chauffeur and gasoline! Isn't it courious!

Hola doesn't know anything - its one of those magazines that report on what's been written in online message forums. I mean they reported that Mary was criticised in Denmark for wearing "middriff bearing outifts" to weddings, but I think if you ask the Danes, not one publication in Denmark said anything like this - it was purely harmful talk from online forums, and Hola reported it like it was fact.

So for this one, I don't think Hola really has any credible sources. They probably just copied Ekstra Bladet who reported something similar, and we all know Ekstra Bladet is hardly the most credible of sources.

can you imagine if they did divorce? that would totally rock all of Denmark!!! but hopefully they won't...every marriage has had its ups and downs and their marriage is like fairy tale come true [apart from Mary's and Fred's marriage] it would be sad to see such a sad ending to such a real fairy tale ^___^

Ariel said:
....that some politician in Denmark was proposing a personal budget for Alexandra, because she is really doing a great job for Denmark (charities, etc) and they think she needs her personal money for paying a chauffeur and gasoline! Isn't it courious!
You had written the reason of why some Danish politicians want to propose personal budget for Alex
wink.gif
, then why should we take it as curious thing? As I know so far, Alexandra does not have any budget from the state then (I think) it makes sense for them to have thought giving her some money after she has done her job well.

I am more curious about somebody ‘somewhere there’ is trying to heat up this matter (A&J divorce) for their benefit .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom