The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Courtier

That's what I also adore from Princess Alexandra because she loves to experiment colors on her dresses which other royals won't dare to do. And light colors really suits her because it makes her look young.

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 05-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by moosey60@Apr 11th, 2004 - 2:30 pm
It's good that the kids are bilingual this early though :) Do you think Nikolai and Felix will learn to speak Chinese too?
No, as Alexandra doesn't speak Chinese. Unless her father is teaching it to them.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
No, as Alexandra doesn't speak Chinese. Unless her father is teaching it to them.
I didn't know that Alexandra spoke only English growing up...but even if she hadn't, as she's from Hong Kong, she would speak Cantonese, not Chinese!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:33 AM
Gentry

I just saw on Danish television "DR1" that they will be airing a new celebratory portrait-programme Sunday at 20.00. CET. Apparently the Princess will be talking in-depth about her life in Denmark, and there will also be interviews with other members of the royal family.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:40 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Sounds awesome. Can not wait to hear about it.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:30 AM
Courtier

I am indeed excited for the birthday of Princess Alexandra.

I have heard rumors from my Danish friend who lives in Copenhagen that it would be celebrated nationwide but not yet sure if is it going to be a big celebration. Usually, when a Danish Royal celebrates his/her birthday, it would be a traditional appearance at Amalienborg Palace's balcony and a celebration at Tivoli Gardens, but I don't know with Princess Alex's b-day.

I do hope it would be celebrated with the whole royal family.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 05-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by paulette@May 19th, 2004 - 2:30 am
I am indeed excited for the birthday of Princess Alexandra.

I have heard rumors from my Danish friend who lives in Copenhagen that it would be celebrated nationwide but not yet sure if is it going to be a big celebration. Usually, when a Danish Royal celebrates his/her birthday, it would be a traditional appearance at Amalienborg Palace's balcony and a celebration at Tivoli Gardens, but I don't know with Princess Alex's b-day.

I do hope it would be celebrated with the whole royal family.
I might be, the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess will have returned by then, so a balcony-scene with all the royals is possible. But I don't think there will be a big celebration though, a 40th birthday isn't usually such a big deal in the royal family. But just wait in 2014 there'll be quite a bash.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:09 AM
Courtier

I was looking at the combined monogram for Frederick and Mary, I was wondering if Alexandra and Joachim have one from their wedding? Does anyone have a link to a picture?
Old 05-21-2004, 01:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Moonlightrhapsody  Posted on May 20th, 2004 - 11:09 pm

I was looking at the combined monogram for Frederick and Mary, I was wondering if Alexandra and Joachim have one from their wedding? Does anyone have a link to a picture?
I've found one for Joachim:
http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_dk_familien_joachim

And the one for Alexandra is at:
http://www.kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?dogta...ilien_alexandra
Old 05-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Commoner

I love the combined monogram. It's great!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paulette@May 19th, 2004 - 2:30 am
I have heard rumors from my Danish friend who lives in Copenhagen that it would be celebrated nationwide but not yet sure if is it going to be a big celebration.
Probably not that big a celebration, and definetly not a nationwide thing. All government buildings will hoist the flag etc. But that's more or less it.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:31 AM
Serene Highness

Is Princess Alexandra older than her husband Prince Joachim !!??:)
Old 05-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Amira@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:31 am
I believe she's about 4 or 5 years older than Joachim.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Amira@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:31 am
Yes, she's five years older than her husband.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Gentry

It won't be a big celebration, as HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and the newlyweds will be visiting Greenland at that time.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I watched the programme yesterday... I liked it alot!
I´ve never heard a long interview with Alexandra before and it was the first time I heard Nikolaj speak aswell... what a cutie :flower:
Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Did Felix speak as well?? I'm a bit partial to Felix

Yennie can you give us a report? I don't speak Danish so I wouldn't know what she said even if I could access the online clip of the interview. Was it long? What did she say? What did Nikolai say? Did Alex say anything about the recent Danish wedding? Was the interview done before or after the wedding?

So many questions! Hope you have some time to give us a report on the interview! :flower:
Old 05-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

No Felix didn´t speak. It was just Nikolaj. He has a really high voice..very childish and almost wining (haha is it called that?! gnällig på svenska)

It was an hour long...
and she spoke about her life in general. nothing sensational but interesting. Nikolaj was with her in Hong kong and there was a clip from his birthday party at Schakenborg to. There were also a clip from last summer when they were on holiday in Cahors. The whole family was there and they went boating and swimming togehter.
I dont know exactly when all these events took place, but I dont think it was that recent. I dont think she said anything about Mary...
Old 05-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@May 24th, 2004 - 5:24 pm
No Felix didn´t speak. It was just Nikolaj. He has a really high voice..very childish and almost wining (haha is it called that?! gnällig på svenska)

Yes, whiney or wimpering or creaky or even squeaky.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you to Moonlightrhapsody and pepperann :)

Closed Thread