Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says that J has any money? Denmark is a tiny country--how much could they have amassed over the years?

Given that he had to sell the kro (pub) he owned in order to pay Alexandra's settlement (although he is still part-owner of the holding company that owns it.) I wouldn't say he has bundles of money lying about. He gets money from the state for the duties he performs, he gets money from EU for running a farm and the commentators at the engagement pointed out that he had taken a farm that wasn't very profitable and turned it into a brand-name, making the products exclusive. But I wouldn't say he's rolling in money.

He cannot be rolling in money but he still has more money that Marie and her family, and he has one thing even more important than money he has a Royal title, he is a Prince and she will became a Princess, isn't that everyone dream???

Now that they're engaged, if during the time before the wedding, if Joachim went to something royal, like a royal wedding, birthday party, etc., could Marie accompany him? And will she get the Order of the Elephant?

Yes Marie will accompany Prince Joachim to all the partys,gallas if she is abel to do it offcurse (she still have a daytime work to do)

I wonder whos Order of Elephant she will be granthed because CP Mary recivede Queen Ingrids Order of the Elephant when she recivede the Order and the Ruby set ?

Oh, is she planning on keeping her job?

Unfortunately for her, I do not see that lasting long. The press and her royal life will start to get in the way of that. She will simply be too close to a ruling family to be able to carry out her current job unfettered.

Oh, is she planning on keeping her job?

Unfortunately for her, I do not see that lasting long. The press and her royal life will start to get in the way of that. She will simply be too close to a ruling family to be able to carry out her current job unfettered.

I gues that is her plan..because she will first move in to Schakenborg after her wedding strangely enough..i thougt that the best way to know a person is to live with him/her but i gues it is diffrent for Denmark and France.

I'm thinking she's going to do a "Sophie". She's going to work up until she marries, then dedicate her time to working with charities and Royal life. But that's just what I think.

I'm thinking she's going to do a "Sophie". She's going to work up until she marries, then dedicate her time to working with charities and Royal life. But that's just what I think.

I think you are right. But I to, as Empress pointed out, do not see that lasting long. I can imagine lots of organizations and companies in Denmark getting the idea allready now, that she could be a very good promoting figure for their interests. So I think she is in for a surprise. But only time will tell.

From what she said during the engagement press conference she probably will not be working a regular job. However, there are princes and princesses belonging to reigning royal families that work. Prince Constantijn and Prince Friso of the Netherlands (sons of the Queen) and their wives all work regular jobs. In the Netherlands, only the Queen, the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima get an allowance from the state. So it is not inconceivable that the future Princess Marie would continue to work.

Marie and Joachim's first official interview courtesy of Point de Vu. You can read it here and the cover is here.

For those who speak French and would like to translate, using your own words, as well as summarize the article we would be very grateful.:flowers:

Its logic for her to continue till a month or so before her marriage since that is the only source of her income.

Marie and Joachim's first official interview courtesy of Point de Vu. You can read it here and the cover is here.

Is that a new picture used on the cover? its a lovely one, kind of reminds me of the picture of Felipe & Letizia:)

Its logic for her to continue till a month or so before her marriage since that is the only source of her income.

I concur. Now if she continued to work in her field after her marriage to Joachim, well, that's a different story.

Is that a new picture used on the cover? its a lovely one, kind of reminds me of the picture of Felipe & Letizia:)

You know I'm quite not sure, Dazzling, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say yes.:)

He cannot be rolling in money but he still has more money that Marie and her family, and he has one thing even more important than money he has a Royal title, he is a Prince and she will became a Princess, isn't that everyone dream???
Why do you say that he has more money than her family? She is not poor. Re being a princess--it's a lot of work and invasion of privacy for what, I'm not sure.

Obviously it wasn't Alexandra's....So everybody's dream it's not. :flowers:

The Prince and Marie, look very happy. I found it really funny that both brothers have similar taste when it comes to girls, features and zodiacs. Both Princess Mary and Marie are Aquarius and the Prince's of Denmark are Geminis. I just that was funny.:)

Princess, you are true. To add water to your mill, Mary and Marie celebrate their birthay one day apart: Mary on 5 February and Marie on 6 February.

They do seem happy. I admit that I was skeptical of this relationship when it first emerged into the media because it seemed like both he and Alexandra attached themselves to relationships so soon after the separation. Alexandra's relationship seemed to become stronger and better over time, but Joachim and Marie seemed to have already had some rough spots. So I was concerned about that. At the same time, it's nice to see a Parisian marry into the DRF, and I think she and Prince Henrik will enjoy speaking French together. Well, at any rate, many of the Danish royal family speak excellent French, like Queen Margarethe and both of her sons. Princess Marie Agathe Odile of Denmark.... "Princess Agathe" in particular....lovely.

I don't think so. In my oppinion Marie is a very brave woman. Not only is she marrying someone who has two children with an other woman - that woman, Alexandra, has a status i Denmark like an icon.

Compared to Mary she will alwayes be second as Mary is CP and she is "only" P.

Futhermore she is not only going to get one mother in law and one father in law - she is going to have a hole nation in law.

Besides from that I am quit sure that Joachim is able to distingish between someon who loves him and his children and somone who is only after the money. He is rather intelligent and a very responsible father.

I guess she does come from a very monied background, but on top of that, her IT career seems to be high-rolling, and she might even have more money than Prince Joachim. I wonder if she met Prince Joachim through skiing in the Swiss Alps. I understand the CP family have a very wealthy IT magnate for a friend who lets them use a skiing chalet (is it in Verbier? I can't remember.) What is his name? He is famous in Denmark, one of the very elite Danish businessmen, I think. It's possible Joachim met Marie through him, I suppose. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, congrats to the Danes for your new princess-to-be. The resemblance between Ms. Cavillier and the CP Mary is startling, I admit.

They could pass easily for sisters, if not twins!

My question, as a Frenchwoman is Ms Cavillier a Roman Catholic? Will she need to convert to marry Joachim?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, congrats to the Danes for your new princess-to-be. The resemblance between Ms. Cavillier and the CP Mary is startling, I admit.

They could pass easily for sisters, if not twins!

My question, as a Frenchwoman is Ms Cavillier a Roman Catholic? Will she need to convert to marry Joachim?

Thanks in advance!

She is Roman Catholic, but I think that they said she plans to convert to become a Lutheran, so I don't think Joachim will lose his place in the British line of succession.

She is Roman Catholic, but I think that they said she plans to convert to become a Lutheran, so I don't think Joachim will lose his place in the British line of succession.

You mean the Danish line of succession? Got it. Thanks for the info-

I'm not sure if he would be out of the Danish throne, but I'm positive that he'd be off the British.

He would be out of the danish line of succeesion, if he and his wife did not join the national church, which in Denmark is lutheran. Marie is going to convert according to the webside of the danish royal house.

You mean the Danish line of succession? Got it. Thanks for the info-

By way of ancestors many European royalty are in the line of succession for the British throne as well as of course their actual countries. Prince Joachim is #219 on the list for the British throne. Just in case you were not aware of that I thought I would help out.

In Britain a person that is in the line of succession will lose their spot if they marry a Roman Catholic. This has happened to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander upon his marriage to Princess Maxima.

But as Lilla has also informed us, in Denmark the royals and their spouses must be members of the national church there. So no matter what Marie really has to convert.

I read the interview in Point de Vue and it says that they met at a hunt in 2002. They seem to have taken the relationship rather slowly at first and she said that she had some trepidations about marrying into the royal lifestyle with all the changes and obligations that would entail.Finally she decided that with Joachim's love she would be able to meet this challenge.They actually sound like they are quite in love ,I have to say.I have paraphrased it a bit but this is the jist of the article.She apparently gets on quite well with his children and says that their good nature is due to the way that their mother and father have raised them.

For those who speak French and would like to translate, using your own words, as well as summarize the article we would be very grateful.:flowers:

I will try to put together a summary in my own words.... I love translating French. Just curious: Is this the entire interview, or just a preview of what's in the magazine?

marlene said:
I read the interview in Point de Vue and it says that they met at a hunt in 2002. They seem to have taken the relationship rather slowly at first and she said that she had some trepidations about marrying into the royal lifestyle with all the changes and obligations that would entail.Finally she decided that with Joachim's love she would be able to meet this challenge.They actually sound like they are quite in love ,I have to say.I have paraphrased it a bit but this is the jist of the article.She apparently gets on quite well with his children and says that their good nature is due to the way that their mother and father have raised them.
Thanks very much for this explanation. She also seems to say a bit about her parents' divorce, I think. That's cool that they were friends first. I didn't realize they met as far back as 2002.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read the article too and it said that they originally met in 2002. But they did not get re-connected until 2005.

He would be out of the danish line of succeesion, if he and his wife did not join the national church, which in Denmark is lutheran. Marie is going to convert according to the webside of the danish royal house.

The constitution only says that the monarch (or rather the King, but I understand it to mean the reigning queen as well) has to be a part of the church. It says nothing about the other members of the family in terms of church-membership.

The tronfølgelov does not mention anything about church at all.

Marie is going to convert, but I can't find a law stating that Joachim will lose his place in the line of succession if she doesn't. His place in the succession upon marriage was entirely dependent on his mother's approval.

i'm really glad alexandra is behaving like the lady she is. both alex and marie have been extremely polite and kind to each other and that's great to see. alexandra's response is quite a good one and so was marie's during the conference.

i'm astonished by how much you were able to deduce from some photos we saw of marie to read so many things "within lines".

mind you, as other poster said, marie was still joachim's girlfriend even though she didn't know what her position might be if she would be allowed to married and if she did, what her status would be. it's not like you marry a prince, you are a princess. joachim's position as divorcee was a bit confusing and i'm sure marie didn't expect to become princess if they did marry, if and only if the queen gave her consent. this didn't stop her from dating joachim, though.

what kind of uniqueness are you talking about? are you seriously implying that marie is imitating mary just because of his physical and name resemblance? :rolleyes: do you mean that joachim married marie to revenge against frederik and if he married someone else, joachim would have chosen a person similar to her? are you seriously saying marie should change her hair colour to not look like mary? it seems ridiculous to me. poor girl, i doubt a thousand princess titles would be a good reward for such speculations.

Carlota, it's your choice to be astonished or not, but you did not grasp the meaning of my words and I would not like to deep in this subject anymore. I expressed my current point of view and I guess couple of people here agree with me. Just God and time will show whose suppositions were right.
Everybody sees what he is able to see...depends on his/her age, life experience, style of living, level of naivety, intelligence, insight etc. etc. etc...
As to your words if Freddy married another woman and Joachim would have married the equal girl, it's too ridiculous to make such assumptions as well. It would be another story with other personages and different consequences...
That's enough :cool:

The constitution only says that the monarch (or rather the King, but I understand it to mean the reigning queen as well) has to be a part of the church. It says nothing about the other members of the family in terms of church-membership.

The tronfølgelov does not mention anything about church at all.

Marie is going to convert, but I can't find a law stating that Joachim will lose his place in the line of succession if she doesn't. His place in the succession upon marriage was entirely dependent on his mother's approval.
I am glad to read your interpretation Norwegianne :) - I didn't understand all the comments that Marie has to convert.

Point du Vue
Issue/week: 10-17 October 2007[/I]
Exclusive Interview with Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, questions posed to them by his paternal uncle, Étienne de Monpezat
Photos by Éric Travers/SIPA
Read preview here

Summary of this preview
Monpezat asked the couple how they met, what their first impressions were. Cavallier begins by saying that she had been invited to a hunt in Denmark in 2002. Then HKH proceeds to explain that they were friends with the chance of meeting, through friends, about twice a year. Then it happened that both he and Cavallier were single. He went to Paris in 2005 and made contact with her. He seems to say that being together with her made him feel that he did not want to be without her.
Cavallier says that they bonded very quickly because they share a wavelength, and she says that she was struck immediately and impressed by his naturalness, his simplicity. She reiterates that these qualities, she felt, are sincere and innate with him, not at all superficial. She also remarks upon his kindness.
She says that he is handsome, intelligent, and good, "which is most rare."
She says he is always true and without evil intent or words for anyone, which she says was impressive to her family and friends. She repeated how rare it was for someone like him not to be conceited or artificial. She said he never complains and is always content. Be that as it may (that is, rare) she affirms that these things exist because she met them in Prince Joachim. She says he is an "extraordinary father."
There is an interesting quote at this point, the context of which I find difficult to put into English. Maybe someone can assist me: "On a évoqué votre rupture, à un moment donné." (Marie Cavallier)
She had hesitations about the choices she had to make, but never doubted her feelings. She says that she was afraid of the life she would be choosing, which was perhaps counter to her dreams. She describes herself as independent, "a little wild". She was frightened of the "official" side of life with Prince Joachim. It was she who made the break until she decided that their love would make the hard aspects easier.
Prince Joachim says that the brief separation between himself and Cavallier was against his desire or against his will. "Marie" had told him that she didn't feel up to the task of carrying out the royal way of life in a positive way. For him, he says it was a different feeling. He felt like he was just waiting, because he felt that there couldn't be any way forward without her. Everytime he saw her again, he felt was moving forward, evolving, and when he was not with her, he was just waiting. He admits that they are different, and she had to help him to understand what she was hesitant about. She lives another life that is foreign to his world, but she makes him happy, always makes him happy. The most important thing, of course, was to be sure that his sons, Felix and Nikolai, were happy with the situation, and to develop between them and Cavallier a "natural rapport," because he couldn't ever be truly happy without having that assurance.
Finally, Cavallier says that for her the divorce of her parents was terrible. All she wants to do is to give Prince Joachim's sons love, and if they accept her love, so much the better. Fortunately, she says that she and his sons developed a good relationship from an early point. Now, she says that she does not have the feeling that they are unhappy at all with the situation. She is careful not to assume credit for the situation. She says that the boys are as they are solely on account of Joachim and their mother.

Are there any upcoming offical events that Joachim amd Marie might attend for instance, state visits or gala events?

I assume that she will spend Christmas in Denmark with the whole family but just wondered if we might see her in an evening outfit for some occasion or at an official event

Isn't the Folketing ball coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom