The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 43
When i first read the interview, that Marie gave to Billed Bladed if I am not mistaken , I was surprised by her willingness to answer all these questions, and saying that she loves him etc...I believe,this played a role when she and Joachim split up. However they gave their relationship a second chance and they seem so happy and in love. Marie is stilll friendly with the press but much more carefull with them. I don't expect her to be invited in the christening because it is somehow an official even, but she will be there at the private party or gathering after the ceremony.
Does anyone believe that she will move to Denmark after the summer?
__________________

  #82  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by agapi
Does anyone believe that she will move to Denmark after the summer?
I wouldn't be suprised..
__________________

  #83  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by agapi
When i first read the interview, that Marie gave to Billed Bladed if I am not mistaken , I was surprised by her willingness to answer all these questions, and saying that she loves him etc...I believe,this played a role when she and Joachim split up. However they gave their relationship a second chance and they seem so happy and in love. Marie is stilll friendly with the press but much more carefull with them. I don't expect her to be invited in the christening because it is somehow an official even, but she will be there at the private party or gathering after the ceremony.
Does anyone believe that she will move to Denmark after the summer?
I'm starting to think they never really split up.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #84  
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Marie Cavallier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello everybody,
take a look at this picture posted on the wikipedia webpage.

Marie looks sooooooooo much like Mary in this picture! (my personal opinion, of course.)

BTW, it seems that Marie takes her dog Apple with her all the time...
Currently, Apple might be the most often photographed dog in the world...
  #85  
Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Do you think she will be invited to the Christianing?
Personally, I don't think she will be invited to the christening. It would upstage what the event is about, and I don't think Joachim/Marie/Fred & Mary would want that.

And also, Mary never attended official royal family events until she was "official", so chances are slim that Marie will attend.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #86  
Old 06-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
New article with one original new photo from Billed Bladet regarding Joachim and Marie.


According to the original author of the article he notes that Marie is "...better to Denmark than ever." He believes that the couple "...cant avoid each other." Furthermore, that Joachim is completely "enamored" by her.

Prince Joachim and his classic Cortina were racing at and for some event, and Marie was there to cheer him on. For some reason the Billed Bladet journalist believes they will be engaged sooner than we think.

There is more to the article, so if you know Danish and would like to translate it (using your own words please) for the members of the board, have at it. They would appreciate it.
  #87  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Oh that's a GREAT photo! She has been in Denmark quite a lot this year.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #88  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
Personally, I don't think she will be invited to the christening. It would upstage what the event is about, and I don't think Joachim/Marie/Fred & Mary would want that.

And also, Mary never attended official royal family events until she was "official", so chances are slim that Marie will attend.
No, I don't think she'll come to the christening. She's not "official" yet. I don't think that she has a bad relationship with the royal family (but then again, I wouldn't know) but it just wouldn't be right to involve her in this kind of thing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
New article with one original new photo from Billed Bladet regarding Joachim and Marie.


According to the original author of the article he notes that Marie is "...better to Denmark than ever." He believes that the couple "...cant avoid each other." Furthermore, that Joachim is completely "enamored" by her.

Prince Joachim and his classic Cortina were racing at and for some event, and Marie was there to cheer him on. For some reason the Billed Bladet journalist believes they will be engaged sooner than we think.

There is more to the article, so if you know Danish and would like to translate it (using your own words please) for the members of the board, have at it. They would appreciate it.
Maybe a little OT, but what is a classic Cortina? Is it some sort of car? I know that Joachim likes racing and cars, so I was wondering.

I think it's nice that Marie was there to cheer for him. Was this event in Denmark? She has been in Denmark much this year. I wonder if she knows any Danish or is learning.
  #89  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
It's a car, acdc1. It was for some event in Denmark.
  #90  
Old 06-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Maybe a little OT, but what is a classic Cortina? Is it some sort of car? I know that Joachim likes racing and cars, so I was wondering.

I think it's nice that Marie was there to cheer for him. Was this event in Denmark? She has been in Denmark much this year. I wonder if she knows any Danish or is learning.
The Ford Cortina is an oldtimer. It's considerd to be one of the UK's best selling cars from 1962 until 1982. I guess it was an oldtimer race event.
  #91  
Old 06-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, United States
Posts: 80
Marie and Prince Joachim seem headed for permanency. Will the Danish government have an hesitancy about putting wife No. 2 on the payroll? I don't suppose there is any precedent regaring stipend in multiple marriages.
  #92  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
If Joachim marries Marie, he wouldn't be the first Danish royal having second marriage. I think some Danish king had 2 wifes before.
It looks like Joachim & Marie relationship is heading to marriage.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #93  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
If they were married, would Marie become an HRH or an HH, since she is his second marriage?
  #94  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,906
If they marry, it is my understanding Marie will become HRH Princess Marie of Denmark, I don't think it would matter whether it is Prince Joachim's first or second marriage.
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #95  
Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 PM
betina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
If Joachim marries Marie, he wouldn't be the first Danish royal having second marriage. I think some Danish king had 2 wifes before.
It looks like Joachim & Marie relationship is heading to marriage.
You are absolutelt right. King Frederik 7. was married with two princesses and divorced them until he finally settled with Countess Danner (Louise Rasmussen) in his third marriage.

His father Christian 8. divorced his first wife and married the second time Caroline Amalie of Augustenborg.
  #96  
Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 633
Does anyone know if Marie speaks any Danish? Is she taking lessons? Which language do they speak together English or French? Or maybe some Danish?
  #97  
Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Hi lyndaW, as far as I know Marie speaks fluent English (as was reported by Billed Bladet in April 2007, "“It’s the first time I have been in Århus and it’s lovely here,” Marie said kindly in her fine English...") and of course, French. So does Joachim. Furthermore, since Joachim speaks fluent French it is my belief that they perhaps converse in French.

Marie has noted in one of the weekly tabloids that she finds the Danish language "beautiful", but did not confirm whether she speaks the language at all. Perhaps she knows several words, but other than that I have no idea. It hasn't been confirmed by her or Joachim.
  #98  
Old 06-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Marie is multilingual.
In a very early interview she gave (i.e. at the time when she was still very talkative to the media), she said that she can speak French, English, Spanish and Italian. When asked how she learned so many languages, she said she had relationships with men from different countries.
I predict she will be able to speak Danish soon because she is having a relationship with a Dane.
  #99  
Old 06-09-2007, 05:23 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
I think she will learn Danish soon, if she has not started already. It would be a good thing to get a head start on, just in case they do get engaged, as she would certainly need to know it if she becomes a Danish princess. If she does not ever marry Joachim, it is still very impressive on job applications and things like that if you know more than one language. Five is a lot to know, and would certainly impress people.
  #100  
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,776
Does this add fule to the flame or what? Kongehuset.dk is now available in French! Could this mean an engagement between Joachim & Marie is closer than we think? Because before his engagement to Mary, Frederik's website was given an English option
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie Pictures, Part 1 Josefine Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 158 07-24-2016 05:14 AM
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 397 08-23-2013 03:24 AM
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie visit Lyon, France: January 24-25, 2011 dazzling Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 34 01-28-2011 06:35 AM
General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009 isabelle 53 Current Events Archive 399 08-17-2009 04:08 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 10:01 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions grand duke jean greece jubilee kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament oscars picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises