Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, during the late stage of their marriage Joachim was portrayed as a playboy and Alexandra as a "busy bee" with no other things on her mind than her family and her work.
That was the reason why the media/public originally was so wholeheartedly on Alexandra's side when their divorce was announced and blamed Joachim to have ruined their marriage.

But after all that has happened in the last years the media and public perception of them both has quite changed.
I don't think there are still many people in Denmark who believe Joachim is a "playboy" or the only one to blame.
(This week's Her&Nu actually has an article about Alexandra being unfaithful during their marriage.)

GlitteringTiaras said:
In this weeks' Billed Bladet, May 30, Marie came back to Copenhagen to spent a "cozy" weekend with Joachim.

The couple's quiet romantic weekend in Copenhagen did not involve them attending Frederik's birthday or celebrating the 75th anniversary of the royal yacht Dannebrog.

The journalist notes that Joachim picked Marie up at the airport, and once he saw her he picked up her baggage and gave her a big "...kiss and went to his awaiting car."

The couple then went out to lunch whereupon "...Marie went displayed [looked] around the good-looking villa there northern Copenhagen..." They also wen for a walk with Joachim's two children, Nikolai and Felix.

To read more of this article and to see the latest photo of the couple please click here.

They went to lunch at Alexandra and Martin's, who live in the northern parts of town, and Marie was shown the house. Felix and Nikolai were spending the holidays we just had, with Alexandra, and apparently Daddy came visiting with his new girlfriend. :flowers:

its great to hear that Alexandra and Joachim get along well after their divorce and that the boys dont mind having Marie around their dad.

I saw the picture in the newspaper. Joachim and Marie look so happy. But I don´t understand nothing, because I don´t read Danish.

IMO Joachim´s person indeed wasn´t done justice in the time of the separation. To me it seemed, as if Alexandra had pushed her already great image even more around this time. Everyone, who has watched this documentary (that was done by the Jorgensen clan btw) to her 40th birthday, knows, what I´m talking about.
Things could have been a coincidence though...but no matter, how things were...kuddos to Joachim for not getting provoked and keeping a good relationship to his Ex, and mother of his children.
What I have seen and heard of Marie so far, and what I know about Alexandra, I´d say, they are completely different types...and I can´t imagine them as bosom buddies...but at least they seem to have found a good base for interacting with each other.
So much peace&understanding in the rotten state...now we just need pics of Marie, Mary and Alexandra shopping together like teenagers...and my mouth would stay open for at least 10 min :ohmy: :D

I will agree with the last posts. Joachim has never given the impresssion of a playboy. As far as we know,he always had long term relationships before his marriage and now with Marie. He was blamed for the divorce but I believe that the media was very harsh to him. In some way newsparers and magazines blame Alexandra now because she knew Martin during her marriage. Alexandra did pushed her image before the seperation for sure! In 2004 she made 3 trips abroad which got a huge media coverege plus the documentary for her birthday.
However all that matter is that they are now happy with other parterns and they have each other a good relationship

agapi said:
I will agree with the last posts. Joachim has never given the impresssion of a playboy. As far as we know,he always had long term relationships before his marriage and now with Marie. He was blamed for the divorce but I believe that the media was very harsh to him. In some way newsparers and magazines blame Alexandra now because she knew Martin during her marriage.

Actually, Joachim also got to know Marie when he and Alexandra were still married.

I think in their case ít´s hard to say (esp. as outsiders) who betrayed whom first. But it´s sure that their marriage must have been in problem before the "betrayls".

Personally I suppose their relationship was ok at least until Felix´s birth. It was a shock for me that 2 years later, they announced their separation.
Anyway, I am also happy to see both of them are happy now.

I agree that Alexandra and Marie are totally different types. Maybe Joachim has changed his taste when he got older.
One difference for example:
Alexandra: 5 years older than him.
Marie: 7 years younger than him.
Compared to her old photos, I have to admit that Alexandra has gained some more wrinkles in recent years.
Aging is the no. 1 enemy of women. ;)

Last edited:
Just a little side note...that ring that Joachim gave Marie? Well, it was included in the In Style Weddings magazine. It's noted as one of several examples of contemporary 'engagment' rings very popular at the moment. Hmmm...didn't some spokes person for George Jenson say it wasn't typically used for engagment or wedding rings? Just thought it was an interesting find. Keep your eyes open royal watchers! LOL!

Last edited:
RachelD said:
Just a little side note...that ring that Joachim gave Marie? Well, it was included in the In Style Weddings magazine. It's noted as one of some examples of contemporary 'engagment' rings very popular at the moment. Hmmm...didn't some spokes person for George Jenson say it wasn't typically used for engagment or wedding rings? Just thought it was an interesting find. Keep your eyes open royal watchers! LOL!

maybe something fishy is cooking up behind our backs:lol: thanks for the info.

ricarda said:
Yes, during the late stage of their marriage Joachim was portrayed as a playboy and Alexandra as a "busy bee" with no other things on her mind than her family and her work.
That was the reason why the media/public originally was so wholeheartedly on Alexandra's side when their divorce was announced and blamed Joachim to have ruined their marriage.

But after all that has happened in the last years the media and public perception of them both has quite changed.
I don't think there are still many people in Denmark who believe Joachim is a "playboy" or the only one to blame.
(This week's Her&Nu actually has an article about Alexandra being unfaithful during their marriage.)

I certainly agree that Joachim got a rough treatment by the media in the time leading up to and just after the announcement of the separation.

A new book by someone called Bo Østlund is quoted at TV2's gossip section today - I have posted a link to it in this tread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/countess-alexandra-martin-jorgensen-current-events-part-1-a-12110-8.html#post619684 . Apparently the author claims that Alexandra was involved with Martin for years - and that Joachim knew about it.

If this is true, how sad! And if it's not....then someone is out to destroy Alexandra's good image! Personally, I think we should just leave it alone. No use crying over spilt milk, you know? This happned a few years back, they have moved on, why can't we? The bad image they gave Joachim is no longer valid. He's now in a serious relationship and it's all behind him. Though if it's true what they say about Alexandra, that really is rotton of her to let all the blame fall on Joachim's shoulders. And, the only one's to know the complete truth is Joachim and Alexandra.

Nice looking couple and they look extremely happy together. Thanks for link avrilo.

DRWs has a nice story about the couple. :)

They have obtained early shots from Billed Bladet and posted them on their magblog (magazine/blog.)

Enjoy:flowers:

Seems like Joachim is on par with Marie as far as making comments to the press. :D Also, the fact that the 2 couple spend time together suggests that the latest rumor is probably not true. Also the article suggests that a move is imminent (which I believe will happen by the end of the summer).

Last edited:
I like Marie. She seems nice, not too outgoing with the press but doesn't shy away from them either. The think I like about her most is that she seems great with Nikolai and Felix, and they appear to really like her.

She definitely has to have good interaction with the kids or this relationship might've long been history. I'm pretty new with the Princes of Denmark but I have to admit that I like them a lot.:flowers:

Can Marie speak Danish yet? It may be helpful for her to learn it.

acdc1 said:
Can Marie speak Danish yet? It may be helpful for her to learn it.

All in good time. I think Henrik is quite pleased to converse in French with her. ;)

kerry said:
She definitely has to have good interaction with the kids or this relationship might've long been history. I'm pretty new with the Princes of Denmark but I have to admit that I like them a lot.:flowers:

If Marie wants to keep her relationship with Joachim, she MUST get along with Nikolai and Felix well.

Marie and Joachim

They seem well-matched to me although I think she is a bit tacky and over-eager in her style - I don't care for the way she dresses. As for Alexandra being involved with Martin for years, I can't imagine that the marriage wasn't broken down by the time that began. It was just probably in trouble long before people realized it. I think Alex was too serious for Joachim - I think he picked her originally on the basis of that being a good quality for a future princess, and then found out he himself needed something lighter. Of course, that's an assumption from far off on my part, but for what it's worth, there it is.

However, if they decide to marry, I certainly hope for the children's sake that it works out, especially as it is a foregone conclusion that Marie will also want children. And we certainly are in need of a new royal wedding!

Waxxwing said:
They seem well-matched to me although I think she is a bit tacky and over-eager in her style - I don't care for the way she dresses. As for Alexandra being involved with Martin for years, I can't imagine that the marriage wasn't broken down by the time that began. It was just probably in trouble long before people realized it. I think Alex was too serious for Joachim - I think he picked her originally on the basis of that being a good quality for a future princess, and then found out he himself needed something lighter. Of course, that's an assumption from far off on my part, but for what it's worth, there it is.

However, if they decide to marry, I certainly hope for the children's sake that it works out, especially as it is a foregone conclusion that Marie will also want children. And we certainly are in need of a new royal wedding!

I don't think Marie is tacky- I rather like her style. She reminds me a little of a young Mary. She dresses like an average twenty-something out on her own, she is in her very early thirties, if I am not mistaken. I think that when and if things get EXTREMELY serious, such as a definate engagement, we'll notice a change in Marie's actions and looks. She'll probably wear more suits and things like that, a more "grown-up" and elegant style. Joachim loves her just the way she is, which is how it should be, but if she is going to be a princess, which she will if she marries him, she is going to have to change a little bit.

BTW, will she get an HRH, or an HH, since she is second wife? Or does that not matter?

Nothing tacky about Marie at all. She's not flashy and her fashion is a little boring. But Mary was no fashion plate either. I'm sure she'll get the royal makeover too. :flowers:

Geneva, I think.

I dont find her tacky either, simple yes. She uses a lot of jeans and sweaters which I think is what everyone who is not in the public eye or that their job demands it, would wear. however she makes a few mistakes, like not wearin earings in that airport picture

Probably she will chane as she starts to spend more time under the public scrutiny. Anyway I found this link, scroll down to see pics of her Gekroonde Hoofden: 19 maart 2006

The relationship between Marie and Joachim is an interesting one. I have a lot of time on my hands today so I thought I would compile a timeline. It might be slightly off, so correct me if I made any mistakes:

We first heard about her back in the summer of 2005 when she accompanied Joachim on a trip to the south of France. Then we heard nothing for quite some time.

Then on March 16, 2006, the big reveal: Billed Bladet found out who the mysterious French lady and her name was Marie.

She essentially disappeared only to reemerge shouting to the press that she "loved" Joachim, but he didn't know it yet. :ermm: This was around March 2006.

Sometime early last summer (around June or July) the couple broke up. According to sources that DRWs found:

Billed Bladet has reported this week that Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier have ended their relationship. Marie Cavallier has told that they are no longer dating while walking with her from her local patisserie in Geneva. The reporter said she seemed pensive and suggested they ask Prince Joachim if they wanted more information.

The Copenhagen post had this to say about the break up:

After a ten month relationship characterised by long telephone calls, e-mails and shared vacations, Prince Joachim and his French girlfriend Marie Cavallier have called their relationship quits.
'We're not dating any longer" Cavallier told weekly magazine Billed-Bladet.

In the late summer of 2006, the rumors started flying that Alexandra might be engaged to be married.

SE og HØR is reporting that Martin Jørgensen has proposed to Princess Alexandra.

The press picks up that Alexandra and Martin have officially "gone public" by attending a wedding where Joachim is also a guest. Photos of the three looking happy signals that something big is about to happen.

By late winter, Marie is back in Copenhagen happier than ever (I wonder why? ) DRWs quotes Seg og Hor:

...Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier are seeing each other again. A journalist from SE og HØR saw them in Copenhagen on Saturday night in Café Zeze. SE og HØR says they kissed and cuddled late into the night. The journalist asked Joachim if he and Marie were back together and he replied, "Yes, as you can see."

Then Billed Bladet jumps on the Marie bandwagon again. According to the Billed Bladet translations at DRWs:

What I said to you the last time was true," she said, refering to the end-of-summer break up. "At that time we weren’t together, and it wasn’t a lie, we really took a break. We were apart for a while. For how long, you figure out yourselves,” are the words from Marie, who used the period after the break up to really contemplate the relationship. The pause was good for her as well as Joachim. In just a couple of months they regained control on thoughts and feelings and together they reached the conclusion that they neither could, nor would, do without each other, says Billed Bladet.
They missed each other, so they had to meet again and the reunification was a success.
“Was it Joachim who made contact with you in order to restart the relationship?”
The question almost make Marie nod in confirmation, but at the last moment she didn't and laughed instead.
“I really can’t answer that,” she says leaving little doubt about who re-established contact.

Soon, the press is all over her butt and follows her every move in Geneva (oh and her dog is there too), then she hops on over to Copenhagen to spend New Year's with Joachim, the kids, Alexandra, and Martin.

Back in Geneva, Marie is chatty again. She, once again, decides to talk to the press (Billed Bladet) about their relationship (she still doesn't get it, but whatever.)

By late January, Joachim announces that this year, "... 2007 are... our relationship this year will be both challenging and exciting. But, I cannot reaveal anything in what way,” answered Joachim, short and precise, and then with a teasing smile dodged further questions..." souce Billed Bladet via DRWs.

In Febuary, the Danish medias' greatest wish has come true, a photo call with Marie, Joachim, and the kids in Switzerland. Oh, and [URL="http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/BBno707-MCApple.jpg"]Apple[/URL] is there too stuffed into Marie's backpack. Billed Bladet asked Marie about their relationship, and again she replied:

...Billed Bladet's reporter Ulrik Ulriksen asked Prince Joachim whether an engagement was in the wind and Joachim replied he and Marie were keeping that to themselves while having a great time together in the meantime.

Nice winter photo

Her & Nu reports:
For Joachim and Marie the appetite seems to have been greater for love and kisses than for beef and burgers, because they have problems keeping their eyes from each other and Marie frequently cuddles up to her 'dream prince'.

Love has been victorious. Marie has melted Joachim’s heart and it can hardly be long before he is engaged to the beautiful French girl and abducts her to Schackenborg, so that life will again return to the marsh [Schackenborg Estate is near marshland in southern Jutland near the German border]. She loves him. She has never concealed that. And Joachim does not hide that he loves her too.
source: DRWs

To be continued...:flowers:

*All photos and quoted comments from articles are from DRWs who are no way shape or form journalists. They are a fan site.*

Marie seems a little more "chummy" with the press than Joachim.

I think she was incredibly indiscreet and that was the reason for her disappearing for ten months. I will have to agree to disagree with those who like her style. However, I agree completely with those who say she reminds them of the early Mary - because I've always had a suspicion that part of Marie's appeal for Joachim was that she reminded him of Mary!

Did you know their birthdays are only a day apart in February?! The long face, the long dark hair, the big dark eyes, Mary/Marie . . .mmmmm. :D

Hi Waxxwing, welcome to forums!:flowers:

I disagree with you slightly. When Marie and Joachim broke up for several months I don't think it was because she talked to much, I believe they rushed into their relationship too fast. Or, perhaps they really didn't break up in the first place, when in fact, they were actully secretly together.

By telling the media they are no longer together it would allow the couple to get to know each other, without the papparzzi trailing their every move.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom