The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
poor marie. if it is around the lines i heard about it is really disgusting that people tell such details and EVEN MORE that there's someone willing to pay for this. i find it absolutely horrible and vulgar. i think marie and joachim should take the appropriate legal action. i find it okay if he decides to explain how marie is, but these details are way over the limit. i know some countries where the authors of those injuries would be seriously punished for that.
If we're discussing this article, could someone summarize to us non Danes what the gist of it is? An ex boyfriend saying what? That Marie is nasty? That she broke his heart? That she is no good for some hapless princial divorcee such as lonely Joachim? Worse?

Old 10-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
If we're discussing this article, could someone summarize to us non Danes what the gist of it is? An ex boyfriend saying what? That Marie is nasty? That she broke his heart? That she is no good for some hapless princial divorcee such as lonely Joachim? Worse?
Sorry but this article stinks in a degree that I can't bring myselfe to translate it. If others will - it is ok for me, but I won't.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Sorry but this article stinks in a degree that I can't bring myselfe to translate it. If others will - it is ok for me, but I won't.
Apparently, I've read a Spanish transalation, Marie likes wild sex and she is very good at it. Her ex-boyfriend also says they had sex in all imaginable positions and more than that. Disgusting
Old 10-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Fair enough. What I just don't grok is the ex boyfriend - coming out of the woodworks talking about people. What's the reward in that? Maybe they paid him..
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Nobility

It's disgusting that the old boyfriend spoke if it's true--I hope for J's sake they enjoy "wild" sex!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Emma View Post
Apparently, I've read a Spanish transalation, Marie likes wild sex and she is very good at it. Her ex-boyfriend also says they had sex in all imaginable positions and more than that. Disgusting
...Now if that isn't 'ego' related on his behalf!!!
I think someones hoping it says more about his capabilities as a "lover", than Marie's love of the bedroom. Talk it up buddy...talk it up
What nonsense.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Aristocracy

This isn't to pass judgment on either Mary or Marie as people, but it's interesting that this ex-boyfriend of Marie is so quick and eager to discuss what should be VERY private aspects of their past relationship while the press seemed to have a very difficult time trying to get any ex-boyfriends of Mary to talk about their relationship, much less anything as explicit as this. I feel bad for Marie that someone she had an intimate relationship with doesn't have the decency to simply shut up.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Courtier

I haven't read any posts prior to this page but I wonder if this ex-boyfriend is telling the truth.

Stellad
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I haven't read any posts prior to this page but I wonder if this ex-boyfriend is telling the truth.

Stellad
Going to the press revealing intimate details about your own and another person's personal life immediately makes this person untrusthworthy I think.
Seems he grasped the chance to get his 15 minutes in the limelight
Old 10-14-2007, 11:45 AM

It's amazing to see how fast the ex-boyfriend stuff begins coming out. I didn't even think of it before it just happened, but it's more surprising to think how fast it was that this ex of Marie comes out with this story. Before he learned that Marie was dating Joachim, it's doubt that he even know Denmark had a royal family! So the question is: Did he take the time to pursue the Danish tabloids, or did the Danish tabloids stake him out and make a financial offer he could not refuse?

On another subject, I was very pleased to see the engagement interview on TV2, and to see it in English. I am impressed with both Joachim and Marie's English. Of course I knew they spoke English, but what impresses now is that they speak it almost without a discernible accent. Joachim speaks English in that wonderful way that internationally educated and traveled people do, and Marie speaks it with only the slightest hint of a French accent. You can hear all those years of practice she had in the US. I also laughed at her joke about the press! That reporter asked he r what is "difficult" about the royal life. Marie, "Maybe....." (gesturing to the press!)
Old 10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the translation, it certainly explains joachims over the moon smile. i'm sadly not surprised the worms would come out of the woodwork, it's what worms do -unfortunately.
in my late 20's i dated the son of a very high profile family (politics) by that time there were a few skeletons and it gave me pause in pursuing a deeper relationship, not so much anything he didn't know or even care about, but i was mortified it being in the papers and my PARENTS having to read about it (no doubt the exhubby would have sold me out for $$$ and me and politics were not a good mix). thats why i feel very sorry for marie about this article, how it makes her feel to know how her parents hurt, some of my best friends are very "freaky" girls (remember that song?only they're married w/children now) so it certainly doesn't affect my feeling for marie (i think she's very charming) as a matter of fact i'm giving her a YU GO GURL (but you might want to keep the sex inside from now on, expect cameras prying in your life until doomsday)
Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Going to the press revealing intimate details about your own and another person's personal life immediately makes this person untrusthworthy I think.
Seems he grasped the chance to get his 15 minutes in the limelight
i think you are absolutely right with the comments. and even if it is true... what's wrong with that? it's no secret that royals do have sexual relations just like any other human being. what makes this set of sentences from this individual disgusting is the level to how he talks about sex so "liberally" and in my opinion, quite vulgar-y as well. very tacky, indeed, to use such difamation, but not something for which we can blame marie.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-14-2007, 02:32 PM

And also Se og Hør is such an awful news source. They are shameless.
You need only to notice what advertisements they use to know they are all about sex and money and cheap stories.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
Yeah, I read the article too and it said that they originally met in 2002. But they did not get re-connected until 2005.
Sorry for correcting you, but I read in the Danish Royal Watcher site, Marie said that they met in 2002 in a hunting party, but it was not love at first glance. They didn´t fall in love until 2005. That´s quite different from "didn´t get re-connected until 2005."
Old 10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
They do seem happy. I admit that I was skeptical of this relationship when it first emerged into the media because it seemed like both he and Alexandra attached themselves to relationships so soon after the separation. Alexandra's relationship seemed to become stronger and better over time, but Joachim and Marie seemed to have already had some rough spots. So I was concerned about that. At the same time, it's nice to see a Parisian marry into the DRF, and I think she and Prince Henrik will enjoy speaking French together. Well, at any rate, many of the Danish royal family speak excellent French, like Queen Margarethe and both of her sons. Princess Marie Agathe Odile of Denmark.... "Princess Agathe" in particular....lovely.
If I am not wrong, I read somewhere, probably in the Danish Royal Watcher website, that Joachim and Marie speak English with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
She'll only work there until she is married - once she is married she will settle down as the housewife at Schackenborg, in the beginning at least.

She went to Wellesley as well as Marymount Manhattan College in the US. She worked for the internet company Double Click from (roughly) 1999 to 2001, when she, after 9/11 returned back home.
Did she attend several different colleges in America?
I think she attended Boston College, too, and received a degree there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The article stinks. Is that enough explanation for you?
Is vildkat wild cat in Danish? I don´t read Danish, I am just guessing because I always have an impression that Danish is a language in between German and English. But of course, I can just guess simple words but not a whole article.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike View Post
If I am not wrong, I read somewhere, probably in the Danish Royal Watcher website, that Joachim and Marie speak English with each other.

Do you have a link to their claims. Heike?

I would imagine that Marie and Joachim may also speak French to each other since he is apparently fluent in the language. If this is the case, I would believe French would be the dominate language in the relationship rather than English since it is Marie's mother tongue rather than the prior. Thus she would feel more comfortable expressing herself in French with Joachim.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

That's such an awful article! I wonder how much Se og Hør payed him to do it.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
poor marie. if it is around the lines i heard about it is really disgusting that people tell such details and EVEN MORE that there's someone willing to pay for this. i find it absolutely horrible and vulgar. i think marie and joachim should take the appropriate legal action. i find it okay if he decides to explain how marie is, but these details are way over the limit. i know some countries where the authors of those injuries would be seriously punished for that.
If they take legal actions, they have to prove that the interview was not true so that they can win.

My conclusion about this ex-boyfriend article:
Marie wasn´t careful enough in choosing her boyfriend.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but their relationship was years ago how could she have known? People change over the years, and it seems to me Marie's ex is bitter, and let's face it, jealous.

Money could be another factor for his "tell all" to the press. I guess his rent or condo fees are overdue or something. Talk to the press = fast cash.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Do you have a link to their claims. Heike?

I would imagine that Marie and Joachim may also speak French to each other since he is apparently fluent in the language. If this is the case, I would believe French would be the dominate language in the relationship rather than English since it is Marie's mother tongue rather than the prior. Thus she would feel more comfortable expressing herself in French with Joachim.
In this thread somebody also mentioned that the couple speak English.
But it´s difficult now and time-consuming for me to find out the specific sentence in a lot of press articles about their engagement. I just have an impression that I read this somewhere.
I also said, "if I am not wrong..."
I think I read it on the Danish Royal Watchers website. Danish Royal Watchers
You can visit their homepage if you want.

Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie