The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
You mean the Danish line of succession? Got it. Thanks for the info-

By way of ancestors many European royalty are in the line of succession for the British throne as well as of course their actual countries. Prince Joachim is #219 on the list for the British throne. Just in case you were not aware of that I thought I would help out.

In Britain a person that is in the line of succession will lose their spot if they marry a Roman Catholic. This has happened to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander upon his marriage to Princess Maxima.

But as Lilla has also informed us, in Denmark the royals and their spouses must be members of the national church there. So no matter what Marie really has to convert.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Nobility

I read the interview in Point de Vue and it says that they met at a hunt in 2002. They seem to have taken the relationship rather slowly at first and she said that she had some trepidations about marrying into the royal lifestyle with all the changes and obligations that would entail.Finally she decided that with Joachim's love she would be able to meet this challenge.They actually sound like they are quite in love ,I have to say.I have paraphrased it a bit but this is the jist of the article.She apparently gets on quite well with his children and says that their good nature is due to the way that their mother and father have raised them.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Marie and Joachim's first official interview courtesy of Point de Vu. You can read it here and the cover is here.

For those who speak French and would like to translate, using your own words, as well as summarize the article we would be very grateful.
I will try to put together a summary in my own words.... I love translating French. Just curious: Is this the entire interview, or just a preview of what's in the magazine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene
I read the interview in Point de Vue and it says that they met at a hunt in 2002. They seem to have taken the relationship rather slowly at first and she said that she had some trepidations about marrying into the royal lifestyle with all the changes and obligations that would entail.Finally she decided that with Joachim's love she would be able to meet this challenge.They actually sound like they are quite in love ,I have to say.I have paraphrased it a bit but this is the jist of the article.She apparently gets on quite well with his children and says that their good nature is due to the way that their mother and father have raised them.
Thanks very much for this explanation. She also seems to say a bit about her parents' divorce, I think. That's cool that they were friends first. I didn't realize they met as far back as 2002.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

Yeah, I read the article too and it said that they originally met in 2002. But they did not get re-connected until 2005.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
He would be out of the danish line of succeesion, if he and his wife did not join the national church, which in Denmark is lutheran. Marie is going to convert according to the webside of the danish royal house.
The constitution only says that the monarch (or rather the King, but I understand it to mean the reigning queen as well) has to be a part of the church. It says nothing about the other members of the family in terms of church-membership.

The tronfølgelov does not mention anything about church at all.

Marie is going to convert, but I can't find a law stating that Joachim will lose his place in the line of succession if she doesn't. His place in the succession upon marriage was entirely dependent on his mother's approval.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm really glad alexandra is behaving like the lady she is. both alex and marie have been extremely polite and kind to each other and that's great to see. alexandra's response is quite a good one and so was marie's during the conference.

i'm astonished by how much you were able to deduce from some photos we saw of marie to read so many things "within lines".

mind you, as other poster said, marie was still joachim's girlfriend even though she didn't know what her position might be if she would be allowed to married and if she did, what her status would be. it's not like you marry a prince, you are a princess. joachim's position as divorcee was a bit confusing and i'm sure marie didn't expect to become princess if they did marry, if and only if the queen gave her consent. this didn't stop her from dating joachim, though.

what kind of uniqueness are you talking about? are you seriously implying that marie is imitating mary just because of his physical and name resemblance? do you mean that joachim married marie to revenge against frederik and if he married someone else, joachim would have chosen a person similar to her? are you seriously saying marie should change her hair colour to not look like mary? it seems ridiculous to me. poor girl, i doubt a thousand princess titles would be a good reward for such speculations.
Carlota, it's your choice to be astonished or not, but you did not grasp the meaning of my words and I would not like to deep in this subject anymore. I expressed my current point of view and I guess couple of people here agree with me. Just God and time will show whose suppositions were right.
Everybody sees what he is able to see...depends on his/her age, life experience, style of living, level of naivety, intelligence, insight etc. etc. etc...
As to your words if Freddy married another woman and Joachim would have married the equal girl, it's too ridiculous to make such assumptions as well. It would be another story with other personages and different consequences...
That's enough
Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
The constitution only says that the monarch (or rather the King, but I understand it to mean the reigning queen as well) has to be a part of the church. It says nothing about the other members of the family in terms of church-membership.

The tronfølgelov does not mention anything about church at all.

Marie is going to convert, but I can't find a law stating that Joachim will lose his place in the line of succession if she doesn't. His place in the succession upon marriage was entirely dependent on his mother's approval.
I am glad to read your interpretation Norwegianne - I didn't understand all the comments that Marie has to convert.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Point du Vue
Issue/week: 10-17 October 2007[/I]
Exclusive Interview with Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, questions posed to them by his paternal uncle, Étienne de Monpezat
Photos by Éric Travers/SIPA
Read preview here

Summary of this preview
Monpezat asked the couple how they met, what their first impressions were. Cavallier begins by saying that she had been invited to a hunt in Denmark in 2002. Then HKH proceeds to explain that they were friends with the chance of meeting, through friends, about twice a year. Then it happened that both he and Cavallier were single. He went to Paris in 2005 and made contact with her. He seems to say that being together with her made him feel that he did not want to be without her.
Cavallier says that they bonded very quickly because they share a wavelength, and she says that she was struck immediately and impressed by his naturalness, his simplicity. She reiterates that these qualities, she felt, are sincere and innate with him, not at all superficial. She also remarks upon his kindness.
She says that he is handsome, intelligent, and good, "which is most rare."
She says he is always true and without evil intent or words for anyone, which she says was impressive to her family and friends. She repeated how rare it was for someone like him not to be conceited or artificial. She said he never complains and is always content. Be that as it may (that is, rare) she affirms that these things exist because she met them in Prince Joachim. She says he is an "extraordinary father."
There is an interesting quote at this point, the context of which I find difficult to put into English. Maybe someone can assist me: "On a évoqué votre rupture, à un moment donné." (Marie Cavallier)
She had hesitations about the choices she had to make, but never doubted her feelings. She says that she was afraid of the life she would be choosing, which was perhaps counter to her dreams. She describes herself as independent, "a little wild". She was frightened of the "official" side of life with Prince Joachim. It was she who made the break until she decided that their love would make the hard aspects easier.
Prince Joachim says that the brief separation between himself and Cavallier was against his desire or against his will. "Marie" had told him that she didn't feel up to the task of carrying out the royal way of life in a positive way. For him, he says it was a different feeling. He felt like he was just waiting, because he felt that there couldn't be any way forward without her. Everytime he saw her again, he felt was moving forward, evolving, and when he was not with her, he was just waiting. He admits that they are different, and she had to help him to understand what she was hesitant about. She lives another life that is foreign to his world, but she makes him happy, always makes him happy. The most important thing, of course, was to be sure that his sons, Felix and Nikolai, were happy with the situation, and to develop between them and Cavallier a "natural rapport," because he couldn't ever be truly happy without having that assurance.
Finally, Cavallier says that for her the divorce of her parents was terrible. All she wants to do is to give Prince Joachim's sons love, and if they accept her love, so much the better. Fortunately, she says that she and his sons developed a good relationship from an early point. Now, she says that she does not have the feeling that they are unhappy at all with the situation. She is careful not to assume credit for the situation. She says that the boys are as they are solely on account of Joachim and their mother.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Nobility

Are there any upcoming offical events that Joachim amd Marie might attend for instance, state visits or gala events?

I assume that she will spend Christmas in Denmark with the whole family but just wondered if we might see her in an evening outfit for some occasion or at an official event
Old 10-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Isn't the Folketing ball coming up?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I am glad to read your interpretation Norwegianne - I didn't understand all the comments that Marie has to convert.
Based on the two laws I've found, in addition to the Lex Regia, which, at least in its present form says nothing about the religion of the King, I don't either.

The article I found from TV2 from around Christian's christening, mentions that it is only the king or queen who has to be a member - but that spouses who marry into the family, from other faiths, tend to convert, eg. Henrik, Alexandra and Mary. http://kongelig.tv2.dk/article.php?id=3428286 But it isn't a requirement as far as I've gathered.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Isn't the Folketing ball coming up?
As far as i know it is not every year ther is a ball with the members of the parliment/folketinget her in Denmark...and ther is no statevisit in the neareast futur.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 AM

Thanks, HM Margrethe. I just read Marie's profile on Billed Bladet.
http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default....ails&Item=6396
She attended the College Alpin International of Beau Soleil in Villars-sur-Ollon. This is a very prestigious school, I think. Prince Felix and Prince Louis of Luxembourg attended the school as well.
It will be interesting to see if her continuing to work with Reinvest SA will be a success. It seems the company is her stepfather's company, so she might be able to do it without stirring up jealousy in the business world. It was the competitive controversies, I think, which got in the way for Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex. Marie might be free of that because, unlike the Wessexes, she is not the business owner or even a partner. Nor is it likely to have any possible connection with her royal life.
But it still could be a problem, I suppose. Colleagues and clients, and potential clients, may begin to learn more and more of "who" she is, and to "whom" and "what" she is married (for now, her acquaintances in Geneva may have little knowledge of Danish royalty, but even so, that is sure to change) and may treat her differently. We shall see. It is unlikely to be a problem until nearly at or just after the wedding.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thanks, HM Margrethe. I just read Marie's profile on Billed Bladet.
03-10: Marie Cavallier - hvem er hun ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...
She attended the College Alpin International of Beau Soleil in Villars-sur-Ollon. This is a very prestigious school, I think. Prince Felix and Prince Louis of Luxembourg attended the school as well.
It will be interesting to see if her continuing to work with Reinvest SA will be a success. It seems the company is her stepfather's company, so she might be able to do it without stirring up jealousy in the business world. It was the competitive controversies, I think, which got in the way for Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex. Marie might be free of that because, unlike the Wessexes, she is not the business owner or even a partner. Nor is it likely to have any possible connection with her royal life.
But it still could be a problem, I suppose. Colleagues and clients, and potential clients, may begin to learn more and more of "who" she is, and to "whom" and "what" she is married (for now, her acquaintances in Geneva may have little knowledge of Danish royalty, but even so, that is sure to change) and may treat her differently. We shall see. It is unlikely to be a problem until nearly at or just after the wedding.
She'll only work there until she is married - once she is married she will settle down as the housewife at Schackenborg, in the beginning at least.

She went to Wellesley as well as Marymount Manhattan College in the US. She worked for the internet company Double Click from (roughly) 1999 to 2001, when she, after 9/11 returned back home.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Majesty

can someone explain us what this article explains of marie?

MARIE CAVALLIER: VAR EN VILDKAT - Royalt - SE og HØR
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

An ex-boyfriend of Marie shares his version of their relationship with Danish magazine Se & Hør.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:

The article stinks. Is that enough explanation for you?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The article stinks. Is that enough explanation for you?
It not only stinks - it is worse then that.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Majesty

poor marie. if it is around the lines i heard about it is really disgusting that people tell such details and EVEN MORE that there's someone willing to pay for this. i find it absolutely horrible and vulgar. i think marie and joachim should take the appropriate legal action. i find it okay if he decides to explain how marie is, but these details are way over the limit. i know some countries where the authors of those injuries would be seriously punished for that.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
poor marie. if it is around the lines i heard about it is really disgusting that people tell such details and EVEN MORE that there's someone willing to pay for this. i find it absolutely horrible and vulgar. i think marie and joachim should take the appropriate legal action. i find it okay if he decides to explain how marie is, but these details are way over the limit. i know some countries where the authors of those injuries would be seriously punished for that.
If they took legal action it would only put focus on the story and thereby help the magazine, as it could write storyes of this as well. Though Joachim ans Marie is in ther right to bring charges - I think their best way of action is to keep silent. In the future however, they can refuse to make interviews and fotosessions with this particular magazine as can the rest of the Royal House of Denmark.

Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie