Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the family is trying a new way with Marie. For now she will live in Geneva and only be exposed to the royal stuff a little bit here, a little bit there. I like how the DRF is unafraid to try new ways to tackle old challenges.
The divorce arrangements for Prince Joachim may go down as one of the admirably-handled royal divorces in history. Now the family all seems to be making efforts to welcome Marie into the family, without the excessive pressures that Alexandra and Mary faced from the public glare.

Wow, that is a nice picture of them! Marie looks so happy. They went to the Pastis restaurant in Copenhagen. I can't really understand anything else. It looks like the writer, Mia Christensen, cites from Se & Hør.

The fact that they announced a wedding date which is still quite long away means IMO that it will become quite a big event also since Marie wasn´t married before. So I expect a wedding like the one of Alexandra Berleburg in 1998. Don´t know whether Marie´s brother´s are already married and have kids. If yes, they might become the flower-boys-and girls. Felix and Nikolai will not become flower kids because they´re the children of the groom. Nevertheless I don´t expect that much European Royalty except of the closer relatives of European houses (f.i. the Greeks)

I think Marie has four brothers, no? If she did in fact share a house with her four brothers, I was assuming that they were single brothers.... but maybe I misunderstood something, or she has more than four brothers?

Last edited by a moderator:
That picture is old! It is not from these days!!!

Yes, that may be true, for some of us.

Nevertheless, for those who are just starting or who may not know a lot about the DRF as well as Prince Joachim and Marie that photo is new to those them.

Please be respectful, biboquinhas.

Thank you:)

According to Billed Bladet Prince Joachim will be spending this holiday season at Marselisborg along with Marie; however, Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai will not be there; they will be spending Christmas with their mother, Countess Alexandra and Martin.

Nowadays, Royals are looking for people with a lot of problems, and this situation can not be hidden, because of the internet.

Nowadays, Royals are looking for people with a lot of problems, and this situation can not be hidden, because of the internet.

Come again?:ermm:

Do you mean to say that "People are looking for problems within the royal family or a particular royal..."

If that is what you mean, I must disagree with you.

No is a particular royal. My personal opinion is for new royals. I want to point out that is only my personal view. Iam foreigner.

A lovely Christmas card from Prince Joachim, Marie, Nikolai, and Felix. You can read more about it, plus much more, here

Very cute card to see! Thanks for bringing our attention to it, GT!

what a lovely card! seems the boys are getting & accepting Marie. I also like how they included her puppy. Sorry dont remember the boys name but I like how he has his arm around Marie, very sweet...

Lvely card, but Apple (Marie's doggie) is missing. Perhaps Apple stayed home in France or Geneva.
Wonder who Marie's wedding attendants will be ???

I love the Christmas card. Marie is holding Nikolai's hand, and Felix has his arm around her. How sweet. She's also wearing boots very similar to her about to be sister-in-law Mary, that she wore in the photoshoot.

Lvely card, but Apple (Marie's doggie) is missing. Perhaps Apple stayed home in France or Geneva.
Wonder who Marie's wedding attendants will be ???

I also wondered where Apple was :lol: He's been such a fixture in the relationship.

A lovely Christmas card from Prince Joachim, Marie, Nikolai, and Felix. You can read more about it, plus much more, here
It is a lovely card. Looking at the card, I can't help noting that Prince Joachim and Marie tend to bear some resemblance.

what a lovely card! seems the boys are getting & accepting Marie. I also like how they included her puppy. Sorry dont remember the boys name but I like how he has his arm around Marie, very sweet...

That's Prince Felix and the dog in the Christmas card must belong to Prince Joachim. Marie's dog Apple is all white.

That's Prince Felix and the dog in the Christmas card must belong to Prince Joachim. Marie's dog Apple is all white.

Actually, that's the new dog, Winston that Marie and Joachim adopted. So it's the family dog.

It is a lovely card. Looking at the card, I can't help noting that Prince Joachim and Marie tend to bear some resemblance.

Oh no! Is it not enough that people claim that Joachim wants to marry his sister-in-law's look-alike? Is this the new claim: Joachim wants to marry his own look-alike? :D

I beg your pardon ?

I have stated my observations based on the card in question. I have not put forward any new theories about the type of person Prince Joachim is going to marry.

Apple is Marie's dog so not a Royal dog maybe that's why she didn't appear in the official christmas card!
I also think that even despite the marriage has already been announce do you think it is political correct that Marie appears already in the chirstmas card and that Marie spends the chirstmas with the family and attend the mass with all the family?? She isn't yet a member of the Royal family.

Of course it is politically correct.
She is the Prince's fiance and so she belongs to the family.
Attending a church mass is a private family thing and no official event. As you can see Marie didn't take part in official engagements yet ( like the New Year Courses).

Apple is Marie's dog so not a Royal dog maybe that's why she didn't appear in the official christmas card!

I love your way of thinking:flowers:.
Perhaps we should ask QMII if it was possible to have a special cermony after the wedding, where Maries dog could be bestowed a title of "royal dog".

Of course it is politically correct.
She is the Prince's fiance and so she belongs to the family.
Attending a church mass is a private family thing and no official event. As you can see Marie didn't take part in official engagements yet ( like the New Year Courses).
In my opinion she don't belong, yet to the family!She hasn't married yet!

I love your way of thinking:flowers:.
Perhaps we should ask QMII if it was possible to have a special cermony after the wedding, where Maries dog could be bestowed a title of "royal dog".
I was joking of course Lilla!:lol:

Fiancée's of royals seem to be included in more than the mere girlfriends. It is why I've been surprised by the inclusion of Gustav and Nicolaos' girlfriend at official family events in Denmark as there is only an unofficial connection there. Engaged couple have a commitment, and I'm sure it is seen as part of the learning process.

I know what you mean...
But in my opinion the Royal House , known as a very tolerant one, behaved in the right way.
IMO Marie would also belong to the Family if she was just Joachim's girlfriend (not officially of course).
But now that they are engaged and going to marry she is officially part of the Family (that's the way I see it).
As Norwegianne said, you can see it as kind of Learning-process...
like the fact that Mary Donaldson has been included into a State Visit when she still was Fianceé of Prince Frederik.
Imo, the Royal House behaved in the right way: not too stiff, modern and tolerant. :flowers:

For those who are interested in seeing the latest photos plus an article in Billed Bladet regarding Marie and Mary shopping in Arhus, please visit this this topic. All discussions regarding this latest shopping trip over the holiday season will be dealt with in the above link.

See you there!:flowers:

[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=711611"]Billed Bladet[/URL] published a new article this week, plus a [URL="http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/00000000000002jogge.jpg"]photo[/URL] of Prince Joachim and Marie, during this past holiday season.

Prince Joachim and Marie, looking forward to the new year especially with their May wedding only a couple months away, rang in the new year at home with lots of cheers and champange with friends that included Benedicte and Michael Darsberg.

Last edited:
[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=711611"]Billed Bladet[/URL] published a new article this week, plus a [URL="http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/00000000000002jogge.jpg"]photo[/URL] of Prince Joachim and Marie, during this past holiday season.

Prince Joachim and Marie, looking forward to the new year especially with their May wedding only a couple months away, rang in the new year at home with lots of cheers and champange with friends that included Benedicte and Michael Darsberg.

That picture is photoshopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom