Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joachim wouldn't be the first Danish prince to do be married abroad in any case - Christian X was married to Queen Alexandrine in Cannes and Frederik IX was married to Ingrid in Stockholm.
Exactly Norwegianne. And since this is Joachim's second wedding - and he has already had his big princely wedding in Denmark - I am a bit inclined to believe that they might just contemplate a French wedding. At Cayx perhaps?

I always wondered why the two Danish princes you mentioned did not marry in Denmark - since they were crown princes. Something similar would be unthinkable today I suppose.

I always wondered why the two Danish princes you mentioned did not marry in Denmark - since they were crown princes. Something similar would be unthinkable today I suppose.

I remember reading that in regards to Olav and Märtha's wedding in 1929 - that Queen Maud pushed so that it would be in Oslo instead of in Stockholm - the Bride's "hometown" as it was traditional in those days, and where her sister Astrid had married Leopold of Belgium. (Their mother, Ingeborg of Denmark, was married in Copenhagen - which was her "hometown")

It might be something as to why Frederik & Lovisa married in Stockholm, Christian and Alexandrine married in Cannes, Frederik & Ingrid married in Stockholm - they were the "hometowns" of the brides.

Today, I think that mostly it is a matter of organizing - it was easier to organize a royal wedding, with all the guests "needed", in the country where the person is royal - ie. Denmark in the case of Frederik & Mary and Joachim and Alexandra, than halfway across the world.

I guess for Joachim and Marie it would mostly depend on how big they want the wedding to be, and how much of the Official Denmark that needs to be invited. With television broadcasting the way it is today, they could easily have the wedding in Geneva or Paris or Cayx if they want to.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer Norwegianne :flowers:
Wonder if the tradition of marrying in the bride's hometown would be upheld, if some of the marriages we have seen in royal houses for the last couple of decades had been between two royals and not between a royal and a commoner? - if Carl Gustav would have been married in Germany if Silvia had been of German royal descent (I know he was already a king when they maried) or if Margrethe might have married Henri in France had he been royal.

If Joachim & Marie did marry in Geneva/Paris or anywhere outside Denmark that would be lovely, especially if it took place in the brides hometown. But then if it does happen, i wonder how big the wedding would be? probably be semi-private . Anyways, wish them a lovely wedding because I think everyone deserves one

I guess for Joachim and Marie it would mostly depend on how big they want the wedding to be, and how much of the Official Denmark that needs to be invited. With television broadcasting the way it is today, they could easily have the wedding in Geneva or Paris or Cayx if they want to.

I guess you are right. Still they have to take into conciderration what is expected from the danish media and the danish people and only time will tell how big the expectations are. Anyway untill they have made a final decision regarding the wedding, and made this decision public, they will be asked about this issue by journalists again and again - and what ever they say will be turned and twisted in whathever direction the medias feels for that particular day.

Marie Cavallier's Background

Marie Cavallier seemed like a regular middle class girl when I first learned about her. But considering that she attended the exclusive Beau Soleil school, I wonder if she comes from a wealthy / well-connected background? Her biodata and the fact that she met the prince through friends all seem to indicate that there's more to her than meets the eye.

Also, does anyone have further information on her parents, stepfather and brothers?

Marie Cavallier seemed like a regular middle class girl when I first learned about her. But considering that she attended the exclusive Beau Soleil school, I wonder if she comes from a wealthy / well-connected background? Her biodata and the fact that she met the prince through friends all seem to indicate that there's more to her than meets the eye.

Also, does anyone have further information on her parents, stepfather and brothers?

i thought the same: middle class background. but after learning about her education and where she lived, i changed my opinion. not a lot of info was released about her background or family: i'm sure we will see an official biography soon at the royal family website with all the details, so i'm quite looking forward to that.

as far as i know, her parents and divorced when marie was a girl and her mum got married again. marie worked for her step-father for a while also. i think she has brothers, although i'm not entirely sure.

When will Marie be added to the Royal Family's website? Soon, right before the marriage, or until after the marriage?

I know this is one of those annoying questions everyone is probably asking but does anyone have an idea when they will give the wedding date?

Is there a specific way or time that they give the date?

Thanks

When will Marie be added to the Royal Family's website? Soon, right before the marriage, or until after the marriage?

I gues Marie will be added to the website just after she and Prince Joachim has said I do in the church.

Is this Marie's former employer? The company is called Reinvest, but there's no mention of her or her stepfather...

ReInvest

Yes, that was the company she worked for. Marie quit her job a few weeks ago and I believe her step-father still co-owns the company,

as far as i know, her parents and divorced when marie was a girl and her mum got married again. marie worked for her step-father for a while also. i think she has brothers, although i'm not entirely sure.

Marie is the fifth child (and only daughter) of Françoise and Alain Cavallier.

I gues Marie will be added to the website just after she and Prince Joachim has said I do in the church.

i think mary was added before the wedding, but don't quote me... so perhaps marie's bio will be up before it as well? i remember one of the official pics (at least) of mary definitely being on the webpage before the wedding, so i assume it was accompained by some sort of biography.

i can't wait for the official pics to be released or for further details on the wedding, jewels, ladies in waiting or patronages for marie... considering it's been a month or more since the official announcement was released, i am quite confident that we will have more news shortly. :flowers:

I think that Marie will become Princess of Denmark and a member of the DRF, so they must married in Denmark!
And Marie belongs to the Roman Catholic Church, and she will become a member of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Denmark in connection with the marriage. So i´m sure they will be married in Denmark

When the Royal House made public the date of the wedding?

Last edited:
Do you think that Marie will be invitet to the NewYears ball this time ?

Maybe, wasnt mary invited?Maybe she will since she is Joachims fiance now

I don't remember whether Mary was invited or not, but if she was, I don't think Marie and Mary can be compaired i this sense as Marys role was different from the role of Marie. Mary was goin to be CP.

Personally though - I would like to se Marie invited as it would be wonderfull to see this very beautifull woman i galla.

Last edited:

I never thought Marie was middle class well before her official bio came out. There were bits and pieces all along to suggest otherwise. Her father or stepfather and Henrik did business. She attended the finishing school. She met Joachim at a party. We knew she was rich. So, Marie has a slightly different background than Mary.

I should think so. Prince Gustav von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg brings his fiancèe Carina to these ocassions, too, so why shouldn't Joachim?

Difficult to know. Mary did not attend the New Year's Kur while she was engaged to Frederik, as she spent Christmas in Denmark, but New Year's in Australia then.

But by being engaged, Marie certainly has a more formal position in the family, and I think that if she is in Denmark at the time, she might be there. :ermm:

Difficult to know. Mary did not attend the New Year's Kur while she was engaged to Frederik, as she spent Christmas in Denmark, but New Year's in Australia then.

But by being engaged, Marie certainly has a more formal position in the family, and I think that if she is in Denmark at the time, she might be there. :ermm:

But dont you think if Mary was invited then she wouldve attended? anyways, it would be intresting to see what events Marie would join the family in. Thanks norwegianne, i thought Mary did attened the new year while engaged

I am wondering how long we have to wait for a wedding date!

I (personally) think that Marie is to marry a Prince of Denmark the wedding certainly must be in Denmark. However, after the honeymoon if her family wish they could have an elborate reception in France for the couple and invite who ever and how many guests they wish (as long as Marie's parents pay for this reception).

Does anyone have any hint of what kind of wedding its going to be and who their attendants will be.................gee, personally I want all the famous Danish dash and sparkles filled with tiaras and lots of Royals all in beautiful gowns.......but its not up to me..........darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the semi - private wedding.
But on the other hand thinking that will be her first wedding I think that she wont to show everyone in white gown and tiara... no matter if the guests will be celebs or royals...

Last edited:
It would be rather unfair on Marie's part if they can't have at big wedding because of Joachim's previous marriage. If they want something smaller, they can have a fancy tiara wedding, but not invite too many guests. When it comes to other royals, they could invite only those they are close to or perhaps the younger generation. There are quite many royals of similar age as Joachim and Marie, in their thirties, and with children. If they were to bring their kids, that would make the cermony less formal and more intimate. And, ofcourse, that would meen playmates for Nikolai and Felix! Imagine them running around with Christian, Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus, Elisabeth, Gabriel, pss Alexia's kids and the other Greek children and so on!

I didn't mean to speculate this much.. I only hope they get the kind of wedding they want, and don't have to adjust their wishes because of other people's opinions of what's proper in this situation.

Marie hasn't been to Denmark lately!Or we haven't seen pictures of her lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom