The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike View Post
Marie is more cosmopolitan than Mary, I agree.
If this background suits her new life settling with Joachim in his rural Schakenborg, we´ll see.
she totally is more cosmopolitan, but i doubt that because of living in schakenborg she will be confined to schakenborg her whole life after the wedding! i'm sure joachim spends most of his time in copenhaguen and i'm sure they will travel as much as they want after the wedding - either in official or private businesses.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra: "Of course you want that your children will have a good stepmother, and one can say that she is that. I have seen her interact iwth my boys."

03-10: Alexandra: Marie en er god stedmor

Old 10-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I don't think so. In my oppinion Marie is a very brave woman. Not only is she marrying someone who has two children with an other woman - that woman, Alexandra, has a status i Denmark like an icon.
I think Marie has self-confidence and courage but I wouldn't call her very brave just because she is marrying Joachim.
And IMO Alexandra has no icon status in DK today, she is still popular and respected (especially because she didn't make a spectacle of herself and the royal house despite divorce and second marriage) but no longer that icon, that picture of perfection she was when Mary married into the family.

So again, IMO Marie has a better starting position than Mary.
Of course she will be compared with Mary, but I don't think people will have the same high expectations of Marie since she is not a future queen.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I cannot belive!!!!She is not the right person to be a princess, she doesn't have status quality, she doesn't have qualitys to be a Princess. To me she only wants the money, the Princess status.
I am not sure that Marie is climbing for the money, but for the Princess' status - evidently. I don't know what all of you saw on the engagement day, but I noticed the clever skilful girl who took an occasion and made the most of the similarity' situation. I don't believe in singular coincidences. Any normal woman dreams to be unique, but, it seems to me, this girl thinks differently. Otherwise she would color her hair, changed style and did not boast her red-haired friend. Now she is increadibly pleased with herself and happy that she is won this game.
As to Joachim, I think he plays his own game too, and these days he is celebrating victory over his big brother Freddy, Mary and his own passions and hidden complexes.
I am afraid that Marie&Joachim are enamoured of themselves, but not in real love with each other. At present time they both live in the "land of mirages"... a peculiar sweet revenge... May be they will be wise and will take all useful of this marriage...may be will leave the new ruines around...the future will say...
One thought came to my mind, that Marie appearance in Joachim' life happened thanks to Mary' existence only. Have you ever imagined what if Freddy married another girl not Mary? Then you would never saw the new Royal Princess - Marie.
Just MHO
Old 10-05-2007, 04:06 AM
Royal Highness

Ehhhhhhh - you lost me completely!
Do you make these interesting observations for all newly engaged couples? And their immediate family??
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Ehhhhhhh - you lost me completely!
Do you make these interesting observations for all newly engaged couples? And their immediate family??
Call me a pessimist then, UserDane I admit that probably I am mistaken, but it's just my opinion and it may change with time. And I have the same feelings not for all newly engaged couples. For example, I like the couple, very much like (!), Autumn&PeterPhillips. They pleasantly excite my cuiriousity. I love watching relationships development between Maxima&WA, Matilde&Philippe, Laurentien&Constantin, MM&Haakon. I am quite indifferent to Freddy, but I changed my perception of Mary within last years for the better - I like this girl! What else? It's the place for different opinions and time will show who was right and who wasn't
Old 10-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine View Post
It's the place for different opinions and time will show who was right and who wasn't
Certainly!
I just cannot comprehend why Joachim would marry again if he wasn't in love. He was well-established in his 'old' life as it was - without a fiancée - already had children a home and no doubt an interesting life. It doesn't make sense IMO.

So no, I am afraid I do not agree with your statements
Old 10-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Certainly!
I just cannot comprehend why Joachim would marry again if he wasn't in love. He was well-established in his 'old' life as it was - without a fiancée - already had children a home and no doubt an interesting life. It doesn't make sense IMO.

So no, I am afraid I do not agree with your statements

Sometimes when we are infatuated we think that we are greatly in love...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Majesty

i just found this article... is that joachim and marie's new dog? there's a picture of joachim holding him and it is in the photos next to marie's dog, apple! the new dog is adorable... what a cute thing.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i just found this article... is that joachim and marie's new dog? there's a picture of joachim holding him and it is in the photos next to marie's dog, apple! the new dog is adorable... what a cute thing.
Is it a cocker spaniel? There was a story in Danish media a week or so ago that Joachim and the boys were having a new dog - a cocker spaniel which is a product of the cocker spaniel Oscar which Alexandra brought with her when she moved to Denmark. Apparently Joachim became very fond of that dog; according to the story here semen from Oscar was deep-frozen and saved till they found a suitable mother (don't know if it is true or just one of the usual media inventions though!)
Old 10-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Love has to start somewhere does it not?

Love is something that grows every minute of every hour of every day when you're with the person you feel most connected to. The person you're attracted to physcially and emotionally.

That person who makes you feel the way no one else can, the one who's voice and touch you treasure most, the one who supports and encourages you. The list goes on and on.

My parents have been married 30 years and my mum says she never stops falling in love with my father with every new day. Each day brings a greater sense of togetherness, understanding and love.

Joachim and Marie are unquestionably falling in love and have the rest of their lives to wake each morning with the knowledge that every day brings with it feelings and emotions that since yesterday have only continued to grow.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike View Post
Marie is more cosmopolitan than Mary, I agree.
If this background suits her new life settling with Joachim in his rural Schakenborg, we´ll see.
Ridiculous!How do you know?You just speculate as you know neither ladies personally and maybe read the "odd german pulp too much dahling".None of you,with the exception of maybe two at the most,knows both ladies personally,and still you blabber as if you have breakfast,lunch and dinner on a daily basis.Cosmopolitan,think the closest some here come to that is the annual church picnic,if they're lucky....what a laugh.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Come on...........Joachim isn't a teenager. Hi's a grown up man who has been through one marriage, a divorce and he is the father og two children. Besides from that he is a skillfull businessman, running his estate wiht great success.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am afraid that Marie&Joachim are enamoured of themselves, but not in real love with each other. At present time they both live in the "land of mirages"... a peculiar sweet revenge... May be they will be wise and will take all useful of this marriage...may be will leave the new ruines around...the future will say...
One thought came to my mind, that Marie appearance in Joachim' life happened thanks to Mary' existence only. Have you ever imagined what if Freddy married another girl not Mary? Then you would never saw the new Royal Princess - Marie.
Just MHO
I don't understand how somebody could get such ideas when we are talking about a man who has been married for 10 years before, who has managed to get a proper and even amicable parting from his former wife and is still a friend of hers 8and vice versa). Why should such an obviously nice, honest consequent and dutiful man have such ideas? Nobody who had to manage a divorce in such a high position and succeeded in such a recommendable way would play around with marriage again if he did not love his second wife with all his heart.

Nobody would have said anything if he kept Marie as his lover, never introduced her to his parents and never faced probable consequences of his asking permission for a second marriage.

As for Marie: she obvioulsy accepted Joachim before the queen granted her the title and rank of a princess. The way Joachim said in the press conference that it was not his decision to make if Marie would be princess or not (plus the consequences for his own position) showed at least me that he knew exactly what he was getting into and that he was willing to pay the piper. As was Marie.

Plus: I have no doubt that queen Margrete knows exactly why Joachim and Alexandra divorced. And it must have been a reason she could so well understand that she did all she could to make sure that Alexandra did only have to pay the smallest prize possible. Plus she now grants Joachim the same position as he had a right to with his first marriage. She must know what she is doing! And Hendrik has been able to grill the new daughter-in-law in their common mother tongue, thus there was no chance for misunderstandings but for him to hear all the little things only native speakers woulkd be able to hear when it comes to underlying meanings or elusions. Prince Henrik as well as the queen support this marriage. Do you think they are both so stupid to fall for a "brotherly revenge plan" that could lead up to new and enormous problems for the Royal House if this marriage failed as well?

Sorry, that defies my idea of common sense.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I already posted the link to the IPa pictures yesterday, but DRW has some bigger versions on their site today.

4 October 2007. Prince Joachim and fiancee Marie Cavallier watch the changing of the guards with family members at Fredensborg Palace the day after the announcement of their engagement. Prince Henrik, Queen Margrethe, Marie's father Alain Cavallier, her mother Françoise Grassiot, step-father Christian Grassiot and the family dogs were also present.

Pictures:
Danish Royal Watchers: Winston & Apple make their royal debut

Old 10-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I already posted the link to the IPa pictures yesterday, but DRW has some bigger versions on their site today.

4 October 2007. Prince Joachim and fiancee Marie Cavallier watch the changing of the guards with family members at Fredensborg Palace the day after the announcement of their engagement. Prince Henrik, Queen Margrethe, Marie's father Alain Cavallier, her mother Françoise Grassiot, step-father Christian Grassiot and the family dogs were also present.

Pictures:
Danish Royal Watchers: Winston & Apple make their royal debut

It seems queen Margrete is quite happy to have new in-laws from France!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Now that they're engaged, if during the time before the wedding, if Joachim went to something royal, like a royal wedding, birthday party, etc., could Marie accompany him? And will she get the Order of the Elephant?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

awwww sweet puppy pics, winson is quite dignified and unimpressed by the hoopala :) love how they left PH to deal with all the pups (might need to go in the caption thread) he looks quite snappy i must say, he tickles me for some reason, he always seems to make me smile.
i would assume marie will recieve all the orders coming to her position (from other countries also) i would be disappointed if she didn't.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I am very happy for this couple, as I've said before I can't seem to get enough of this happy news. I love the new pics that have been added to the DRW. Very nice to see! And I agree bbb, Prince Henrik always seems to bring a smile to my face as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Now that they're engaged, if during the time before the wedding, if Joachim went to something royal, like a royal wedding, birthday party, etc., could Marie accompany him? And will she get the Order of the Elephant?
Yes, she could (I guess), and yes, she will.
She will be a princess of Denmark and will get everything that comes along with that status.

Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie