Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know DRWs very well.

However, I thought it would be nice for you to share the direct link to that specific claim so members could view it for themselves.

:)

It's not Marie's fault about her boyfriend. If he was. He can make stuff up about her all he wants to get cash. I mean saying shes a nice girl isn't going to make him any money. So he has to say something trashy. And if she did sue him how does she prove what he says about her intimate relations are not true. What a jerk. He's lying in my opinion. Just someone who wants money. He was probably nice when they were dating. Unfortunately most people these days want their money and 15 minutes instead of being moral and decent human beings. Marie has nothing to worry about. He's the cad. It reflects more on him and not on her.

Yes, I know DRWs very well.

However, I thought it would be nice for you to share the direct link to that specific claim so members could view it for themselves.

:)

I already posted the direct link to the DRWs.
You can click Oct 2007 to read all the articles about their engagement.
I also said this was only my impression reading about that somewhere and "if I am not wrong..."
In contrast to that, I don´t have any impression reading somewhere that the two speak French with each other, although it´s a reasonable assumption that the couple speak French. :flowers:

That´s right. Because Marie can´t prove that he´s lying, so the magazine dares to publish this article. Poor Marie.
But I think after her wedding, more and more positive reports about her will come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I feel special, starting off posting on a new current events thread. :)

Heike had some very cool questions and thoughts in the last thread. I have some answers (certainly not all) and some thoughts about some of his statements, if not factual answers.

Heike said:
If I am not wrong, I read somewhere, probably in the Danish Royal Watcher website, that Joachim and Marie speak English with each other
Heiki, I do think you are partially right. I read also that they speak English with other sometimes, but have also read they speak a good bit of French, as GlitteringTiaras indicated.
GlitteringTiaras said:
I would imagine that Marie and Joachim may also speak French to each other since he is apparently fluent in the language. If this is the case, I would believe French would be the dominate language in the relationship rather than English since it is Marie's mother tongue rather than the prior. Thus she would feel more comfortable expressing herself in French with Joachim.
I think they seem very comfortable with both French and english, and speak both of these languages beautifully, but all the same, I do agree that French is most likely their preferred language between each other. Most of the DRF seem to speak excellently in English and French, and of course Prince Henrik would just love speaking French with Marie.... :)
Heike said:
Did she attend several different colleges in America?
I think she attended Boston College, too, and received a degree there.
She attended Boston College and also the colleges that GT mentioned (Manhattan and Wellesley). Before that, she was in a Swiss secondary school in Villar-sur-Ollons. I listed them on this page: Royal Education from my website.

Last edited:
[URL="http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=6479"]Here[/URL] is the latest edition of Billed Bladet with a lovely photo of Marie and Joachim.

I'll translate it later. Unless there is member who would like to translate the article, using your own words please, many of us would greatly appreciate it.:flowers:

I've used an internet translator, but this is what I got:

In the interview, Marie and Joachim talk about how they met each other. They talk about their future, and their hopes for children. Marie also talks about Nikolai and Felix's feelings towards her :)

[url=http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=6479]Here[/url] is the latest edition of Billed Bladet with a lovely photo of Marie and Joachim.

I'll translate it later. Unless there is member who would like to translate the article, using your own words please, many of us would greatly appreciate it.:flowers:

It's seems to be the Point de Vue interview done by Joachim's uncle, translated into Danish and exclusive for Denmark. I'm fairly sure there's a summary of that in the older thread. :flowers:

I just hope that Marie is hard at work learning Danish..............if she can master this language by the time of her marriage she will be loved by the Danes for taking the time to become one of them

did marie live in denmark before the engagement? i believe every princess-to-be should live in their future country for a while. marie was used to travel to denmark to attend holidays and parties and daily life as a royal is quit different.

No, Myriam, Marie still lives in Geneva and will remain there until her marriage to Prince Joachim.:)

did marie live in denmark before the engagement? i believe every princess-to-be should live in their future country for a while. marie was used to travel to denmark to attend holidays and parties and daily life as a royal is quit different.

I think you have a good point. Moving away can be quite a shock. But I'm sure Joachim will work overtime to make sure Marie is happy in her new home.

I think Marie has been slowly being acquainted with the country. While it seems that she has kept going in her job in Geneva, in the last couple of years, it seems that she has made many visits to Denmark, increasingly so in the past year. But I bet Joachim has been very careful to keep most of her time there out of the public eye. We have only seen pics from her holidays time there like at Easter, but I am sure she has been much more often than only during the holidays. She didn't transfer into work in Copenhagen like Mary did, but I am guessing the reason was that she wasn't sure she wanted to say "yes" to this life. Reading between the lines, I would say Joachim has been trying to "get her feet wet," as we say, very gradually.

I was very please of knowing that Marie speaks a little portuguese!

Yeah, it says she knows Portuguese, Spanish, native French, Italian and English. Now she is learning Danish. She beats Joachim's relatives as a linguist. When she learns Danish (and I now believe she learns languages well and quickly) she will know six languages. I think that makes her neck-to-neck with Prince Henrik, who understands fluently at least six himself (Chinese, Vietnamese, native French, English, German, and Danish).
Maybe I'm wrong about Henrik knowing German.... I don't remember honestly, but for some reason I am thinking he does know it.

Yeah, it says she knows Portuguese, Spanish, native French, Italian and English. Now she is learning Danish. She beats Joachim's relatives as a linguist. When she learns Danish (and I now believe she learns languages well and quickly) she will know six languages. I think that makes her neck-to-neck with Prince Henrik, who understands fluently at least six himself (Chinese, Vietnamese, native French, English, German, and Danish).
Maybe I'm wrong about Henrik knowing German.... I don't remember honestly, but for some reason I am thinking he does know it.
According to his biography on the webpage - Henrik knows French, Danish, English, Chinese (no mention of which) and Vientamese. No mention of German. :flowers:

These sources that had the boyfriend that talked about the 'wild sex' and now the 'sex-video', are these credible Danish publications or tabloids?

Also a comment: I read today on some international moving websites. That the Danish do not like foreigners. I find this somewhat hard to believe, since the RF has had this tradition of marrying foreigners and it's about to happen again. Sorry not meaning to distract the conversation. But I thought it was odd.

I don't trust the tabloids and hope this isn't true, but if Marie seriously has a sex video or graphic pictures out there, I don't even know what to say.

As a poster stated on another MB, it didn't stop Mette-Marit from marrying Haakon. Young men and women should really stop and think when making tapes or posing for pictures especially when it's supposed to be "private". They can end up on the Internet if the ex wants revenge or mainly money if the woman is marrying someone wealthy or notable. I guess I shouldn't just target women as it could happen to a man also.

These sources that had the boyfriend that talked about the 'wild sex' and now the 'sex-video', are these credible Danish publications or tabloids?

Ekstra Bladet is a sensation-seeking newspaper, that, in case their isn't sensational new in real life to write about, makes storyes that goes to the limit of the truth and often beyond. The credibility of this newspaper is very low and the standard can be described with one word: Rubbish.

SE og HØR is a gossip-magazine without credibility at all.

When it comes to the article about Marie, their is no reason for beliefing a word of what is written. It is crab.

Gee! I recently learned Joachim had a serious relationship and now he is engaged! I guess I am not really up to date, I need to follow the royals more ;)

The Danish Royals are quite liberal, aren't they? Alexandra and Joachim haven't been divorced too long and are already remarrying (remarried)? Anyway, congrats to them!

If there is a video, hopefully she told her new in-laws before the media dropped the story. It's unfortunate that there's so much controversy surrounding this engagement.

I think we can expect to see Marie this Christimas along with the Royal family in the Christmas photocall!!

It seems Marie has quit her job at REInvest, according to Billed Bladet.

The article has a lovely photo of the engaged couple. Read more by clicking the link above.

It seems Marie has quit her job at REInvest, according to Billed Bladet.

The article has a lovely photo of the engaged couple. Read more by clicking the link above.
Thanks for the link :)
Wonder if it is true what BB writes - that the couple have said that they contemplated having their wedding in France?

Wonder if it is true what BB writes - that the couple have said that they contemplated having their wedding in France?

I don't think so :ermm:. Marie is popular in Denmark and I believe Danish people had received the wedding news with open arms, so I don't think the article is quoting true facts.

I don't think it is. If they deside to have their wedding in France it will be difficult for the danish media and the danes to cope with. After all Joachim is an danish prince and Marie is going to be "Princess of Denmark". Having the ceremony in a foreign country (even though it is Maries nativ country) would be pritty bad publicity and not the best way for her to be accepted in her new role.

I don't think it is. If they deside to have their wedding in France it will be difficult for the danish media and the danes to cope with. After all Joachim is an danish prince and Marie is going to be "Princess of Denmark". Having the ceremony in a foreign country (even though it is Maries nativ country) would be pritty bad publicity and not the best way for her to be accepted in her new role.

Joachim wouldn't be the first Danish prince to do be married abroad in any case - Christian X was married to Queen Alexandrine in Cannes and Frederik IX was married to Ingrid in Stockholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom