Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Marie not be able to reach Joachim? I think the reason Mary could not reach Frederik was because he was literally on the plain to denmark?? Joachim was asked by a reporter during his trip - the day after Marie had talked to the press, if he had seen the latest BB or something like that and if he would comment on it. He laughed and said no. It seemed as he knew about the "interview".. I personally like the way Mary handled it better..

And please dont misunderstand me..I don't know the girl I just know she doesn't know the word discretion AT ALL.

Here's the thing...its wonderful to be in love and yes he is divorced but why don't you tell him first before you announce to the world. And if he didn't know what she was doing in the beginning, well thats fine the first day but the 2nd day. They have phones in Asia, call her up and tell her to be quiet!

Does this mean an engagement is coming and that the Queen has given her consent?

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article591277.ece

Scanpix photo
scanpix3kk.jpg

Laviollette said:
Does this mean an engagement is coming and that the Queen has given her consent?

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article591277.ece

If you're talking about that article you linked to? No, it doesn't. It's a Norwegian re-telling of an article from BT (Which I suspect of snipping the interview they did with Marie into several parts so that they'll get more stories out of it...) on how Marie has told Joachim several times that he ought to cut down on his smoking, as she thinks that he smokes way too much. She herself smokes a bit at parties, and the article points out that that is hardly common behaviour in the Danish royal family, where Queen Margrethe smokes like a chimmney...

norwegianne said:
If you're talking about that article you linked to? No, it doesn't. It's a Norwegian re-telling of an article from BT (Which I suspect of snipping the interview they did with Marie into several parts so that they'll get more stories out of it...) on how Marie has told Joachim several times that he ought to cut down on his smoking, as she thinks that he smokes way too much. She herself smokes a bit at parties, and the article points out that that is hardly common behaviour in the Danish royal family, where Queen Margrethe smokes like a chimmney...

Now that's pretty smart. Obviously, he doesn't talk about his mother :)

I wouldnt mind her being the next Princess of Denmark. She is very pretty and from these pictures she seems very fun, charismatic, and full of life. I think they make a good couple and would have nice kids. It would be nice for Nikolai and Felix to have a another sister or brother. My imagination is still strong. It is all so bizarre how she was introduced but i guess we will only see more of her from now on being the official girlfriend of Prince Joachim.

That is a horrible photo, posted by Laviollette, of the Prince.

Now she's risking competition from another area, a new, beautiful, well-articulated and well-educated princess Marie, who likely won't be satisfied with a withdrawn and isolated life in the halls of Schackenborg Castle in Møgeltønder.

Shocked that this journalist would write such a thing at this stage. :(

so it continues...

from DPA, photos by POLFOTO / Thomas Wilmann

MARCH 21 2006
1 & 2 - REInvest , the work place of Marie Cavallier on the fifth floor , where she works as a partner in her stepdads firm. Ekstra Bladet has spoken with Marie s stepdad , Christian Grassiot over the phone. He says that Marie is grown up and master in her own life about most important for him is that she is happy.
3 - The street in Geneva where Marie Cavalliers mother and step father live , it is in the old part of Geneva. The surroundings remind of the French Monmatra.

I think she talks to widely about her "relationship" with the prince. She seams nice but she open her mouth too much i think

It seems she is done talking, Ekstrabaldet calls her at her work and she has no comments

They have also called her mother and stepfather Christian Grassiot, he answers "We are proud of Marie, we always are. Marie is master of her own life, she is a grown woman and can make her own decisions, the most important for us, is that she is happy

EB: Have you noticed Marie beeing more happy after she met the Prince
CG: I cant say anything about it

CG. Even if I am used to media people (from work) we have been very unprepared for all of this, we live in Switzelrland where people respect each others privacy. I also think Marie has been shocked about the interest and attention she has gotten lately. She is not used to it and she need som peace and calmness right now. I think the two young people should be allowed to go on with their lifes

EB Have you and Francois met the Prince
CG: No comment

they describe her stepfather as very polite but reserved
http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=341107

Last edited:
Hello..but i think that lady is talking too much things that maybe will be private..i means maybe is better for her be a little more discret about this relationship with prince joachim,she look a little bit anxious to talk everything to soon..

Sorry for my english

PRINCE JOACHIM GOES PUBLIC WITH HIS LOVE FOR MARIE

Rumours of royal romance in Denmark have been confirmed after Prince Joachim openly declared his love for French girlfriend Marie Cavallier. Newspapers in the Scandinavian country have been closely following the pair's involvement, but until now they have not made any public statement about their relationship.

The couple's decision to give a newspaper interview is being taken as a clear sign that their union is getting serious. The couple first met two years ago, but Cupid didn't strike until last autumn, a few months after Joachim's divorce from Princess Alexandra became final.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/23/mariecavallier/

In today's issue of Billde Bladet theres is about 8 pages devoted to Marie Cavallier

Here is the first article, where a modelling expert discuss Marie's looks and general appearance

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,286
more about the article....

Attachments

• bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,265
  • bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,269
  • bb4.jpg
    bb4.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,266
  • bb5.jpg
    bb5.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,258
  • bb6.jpg
    bb6.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,263
in the article above Joachim said that : We go great together - but things will mature in it's own cours, we are¨'t speaking about engagement, says a radiantly happy Joachim

If he is happy and he decides that Marie is the one and next future princess of Denmark I think we should give a break of the first impression about her and all the media fuss...everyone can make mistakes...everyone deserves to be happy !!
know we can said that time will tell and maybe the DRH will start giving her support on protocol and other needed lessons that she might need to be more polish and classy.
What you think??

thanks for the photo spread, this is just bizarre to me, if its really to introduce her to the public PJ should have been there with her. i'd be very surprised if this is supported by the DRF

florecita, you're english is fine-welcome aboard

Does anyone find the "last fall" date of supposed beginning of their involvement a bit suspicious? They vacationed together last August. How many couple's first date is a vacation together, sharing a hotel room? I don't buy this "official version".

Mollie said:
in the article above Joachim said that : We go great together - but things will mature in it's own cours, we are¨'t speaking about engagement, says a radiantly happy Joachim

If he is happy and he decides that Marie is the one and next future princess of Denmark I think we should give a break of the first impression about her and all the media fuss...everyone can make mistakes...everyone deserves to be happy !!
know we can said that time will tell and maybe the DRH will start giving her support on protocol and other needed lessons that she might need to be more polish and classy.
What you think??

HMMMMMMMMMMMM No.

Just joking :) We'll see what happens. Obviously Joachim is not reading the TRF to get our opinions on this relationship. If she makes him, Denmark AND his children happy that's all that matters. And I am hoping that things get better but all in all I thinking the initial introduction could have been handled a little classier.

highpriestess said:
Does anyone find the "last fall" date of supposed beginning of their involvement a bit suspicious? They vacationed together last August. How many couple's first date is a vacation together, sharing a hotel room? I don't buy this "official version".
They could not date at home, because of the press and Marie said they had contact as freinds until last fall.

bbb said:
thanks for the photo spread, this is just bizarre to me, if its really to introduce her to the public PJ should have been there with her. i'd be very surprised if this is supported by the DRF

florecita, you're english is fine-welcome aboard
It is not supported by the DRF, maybe a little by Joachim, but imo not that much. Some experts in the Danish media says that she has been a little too open and it makes her sound naive and dull and they don't believe the court has anthing to do with it.

I don't really feel sorry for Joachim, especially if he knew Marie was going to open her mouth. If Joachim didn't know that Marie was going to be such a chatty cathy, then I would feel a little bit sorry for him. As a royal, so much depends on your reputation and this little incident with Marie and the press can't be an easy one for the DRF and the court which probably has to find a way to spin this into a more positive tone.

soCal girl said:
I don't really feel sorry for Joachim, especially if he knew Marie was going to open her mouth. If Joachim didn't know that Marie was going to be such a chatty cathy, then I would feel a little bit sorry for him. As a royal, so much depends on your reputation and this little incident with Marie and the press can't be an easy one for the DRF and the court which probably has to find a way to spin this into a more positive tone.

True, but I am so happy that she has learned these two important words over the last few days: "No Comment."

GlitteringTiaras said:
True, but I am so happy that she has learned these two important words over the last few days: "No Comment."

Yes, it seems that Marie has learned that her little "press escapade" backlashed on her. At least she's learning. She does seem to be very sweet but not really in "the know" about how to deal with the press. "No comment" are two words very valuable to any public figure. :D

Personally, I don't think it is all Joachim's fault. Marie should have known better. Any woman would have realized that may be it is better to smile and react with some discretion.

Glad Marie is no longer talking especially if she any hopes of becoming the next Princess of Denmark.

TV2 has a bit of commentary from various journalists and royal historians about Marie. http://gossip.tv2.dk/article.php/Royal.html?index&forside it's dated Torsdag. d. 23. marts. Eksperter: Marie er alt for ivrig.

GlitteringTiaras said:
TV2 has a bit of commentary from various journalists and royal historians about Marie.
Could someone who knows Danish give a gist of the commentary? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is now reopened. All references to other princesses have been removed and in keeping with TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines, all gossip, rumours and conjectures have been deleted… Please keep in mind that at this point in time, Marie is Joachim’s girlfriend. Nothing more! Since no engagement and no wedding have been announced, it is premature to compare Marie to Mary or to Alexandra or to other Princesses. Given the fact that we know so little about Marie, we would like to caution everyone to keep an open mind about this young woman.

Thanks for your co-operation.

The Danish Forum Moderating Team

If she and Prince Joachim have known each other for 2 years, would that be before his divorce? Could she be the reason of the estrangement of the Prince and Princess Alexandria?

Exlibrarian said:
If she and Prince Joachim have known each other for 2 years, would that be before his divorce? Could she be the reason of the estrangement of the Prince and Princess Alexandria?

They are trying to avoid that speculation. That's why M and J tried to give the impression that they only started dating last fall. But they were shown vacation together, using one hotel room, last August. August is summer as far as I know and I highly doubt that's their first date.

I am not sure that they will mary. Remember that for example the Duke of York did'nt remarry after his divorce with Sarah and he was in his 30's. And there are many others royal examples (Margaret, Irene, etc.). Perhaps royals can just marry one time!
Medias said that they know each others since two years (beginning of 2004?) but they fall in love just after the divorce was finalised. Is it true or is it false and this relation is the or one of the causes of the divorce of J and A?

Exlibrarian said:
What about Martin? Alexandra has known Martin since early 2003 and he has followed Alexandra as cameraman or soundman on several of her foreign trips. To some media speculation they have had an affair at least since september 2003 and that is based both on pictures of them together at a private cooking course and and a anonymous friend to Ekstra Bladet. I don't want to speculate on this is true, it probably is not, but I want to mention it, because it seems that people here want to blame Joachim for the divorce, where as it also could be Alexandra who is to blame. Joachim met Marie about two years at party of friends. That does not mean they started something then. Men and Women can meet, talk and have fun without doing anything:)

highpriestess said:
They are trying to avoid that speculation. That's why M and J tried to give the impression that they only started dating last fall. But they were shown vacation together, using one hotel room, last August. August is summer as far as I know and I highly doubt that's their first date.
Who says they have not met before. They could have met without having a relationship. They just mostly kept in contakt on e-mail and phone. She just said the relationship stated getting serious about 6 months ago. The vacation in France was 29. August. There is no need for her to try to give impression anything. She just told it as it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom