The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #441  
Old 03-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
I don't think Mary looks more "noble" than Marie. I just think Mary has had years to look better. She buys expensive clothes, make up, has stylists, and doesn't do much around the house (well, I am assuming that one). Marie, on the other hand, is a normal girl who happen to look like Mary. I think she is better looking, but that is just my opinion. Marie would look much better in a few years after she gets married. Look at Mette-Marie (spelling?). She was far, far, so far from being "noble" if you want to call it that way. And look at her now...I don't think she looks very noble, but looks much, much better than before...
It seems that you misunderstood what I meant with "noble." Sorry I didn´t explain what I actually meant more closely.
What I meant with "noble" was a kind of radiation, not those superficial things like expensive clothes or make-up. One can exclusively wear them but still doesn´t get that "noble" radiation.
Mary is very elegant, decent and discrete. She had these qualities already when she was still Miss Donaldson. Maybe Marie will be like that in a few years if she marries Joachim. But at least so far I don´t see much of these qualities on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl
Marie doesn't seem like a "normal" girl, in my opinion. She comes from a very privileged background, lives a pretty privileged life and probably has a lot of money to spend on expensive clothes and makeup. Every picture I've seen of Marie is one with her dressed in very expensive, maybe even designer, clothing. I would definitely not describe Marie as a "normal girl".
Indeed. Marie is not just a "normal" girl.
She has a very wealthy stepfather who owns a company where she also works. (How nice, no worry for losing her job....) I heard that she visited private internat in Switzerland. The tuition can´t be afford by everybody.

On the other hand, Mary was actually more "normal" for me.
I don´t know how much an Australian professor can earn, but I suppose that it wouldn´t be more than an engineer or a manager in leading positions.
__________________

  #442  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 20
I'am agree, Marie is not a "normal" girl; I think she is less provincial than Mary comes from. Therefore Mary as crown princess has been helped about wearing or make up or something else.
__________________

  #443  
Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Copenhagen please give a warm welcome to Miss Marie Cavallier! Well, at least Prince Joachim did, sort of.

According to Billed-Bladet Marie flew from Geneva to Copenhagen this past weekend. Once she arrived at the airport it was Prince Joachim's personal driver that meet her not the Prince. Billed-Bladet

DRWs has the complete article in English and several pictures of an over enthusiastic Marie. Marie is very happy
  #444  
Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southend, Canada
Posts: 144
I suspect there wil be the birth of the new royal baby+ the baptism around about the early summer and after that, because the DRF will not want Joachim and Marie to take away attention from his brother and family, an engagement announcement- late summer perhaps. How long does it take to plan a wedding in Denmark- 3 months?

I think she will be a breath of fresh air to the family. She is what she is and comes from a decent privileged background. Hopefully this will be a good thing for Joachim.
  #445  
Old 03-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
I suspect there wil be the birth of the new royal baby+ the baptism around about the early summer and after that, because the DRF will not want Joachim and Marie to take away attention from his brother and family, an engagement announcement- late summer perhaps. How long does it take to plan a wedding in Denmark- 3 months?

I think she will be a breath of fresh air to the family. She is what she is and comes from a decent privileged background. Hopefully this will be a good thing for Joachim.

Mary's due in early May and the baptism will most likely take place several months later. When Prince Christian was born, October 15, 2005, his baptism did not happen until January 21, 2006. If you take that into consideration, the new royal baby will probably be christened in late August early September.


If there were to be another royal wedding, which will most likely be a really small affair, it probaly won't happen until 2008.

Only time will tell.
  #446  
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southend, Canada
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Mary's due in early May and the baptism will most likely take place several months later. When Prince Christian was born, October 15, 2005, his baptism did not happen until January 21, 2006. If you take that into consideration, the new royal baby will probably be christened in late August early September.


If there were to be another royal wedding, which will most likely be a really small affair, it probaly won't happen until 2008.

Only time will tell.
Three months between birth and baptism - still summer- maybe middle- eg end of July beginning of August. But the expected date is never, as far as the royals are concerned, what the public have been told so the new baby could be born sooner.

Unless Marie is obsessed with cold weather weddings- as the ex was and is, then she will wait until Spring 2008 perhaps, as I suspect they want to move on and have children etc.
  #447  
Old 03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Copenhagen please give a warm welcome to Miss Marie Cavallier! Well, at least Prince Joachim did, sort of.

According to Billed-Bladet Marie flew from Geneva to Copenhagen this past weekend. Once she arrived at the airport it was Prince Joachim's personal driver that meet her not the Prince. Billed-Bladet

DRWs has the complete article in English and several pictures of an over enthusiastic Marie. Marie is very happy
They quote the prince as having said later thet he "watched the wedding of Alexandra on TV"....
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #448  
Old 03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Nice new pics. I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning a move from Geneva to Copenhagen.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #449  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 43
i liked the photos with marie.she seems so happy and in love to joachim, i mean she always smiles and touch joachim with love. i like her clothes too and at these pictures her jacket is gorgeous.
  #450  
Old 03-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 207
So many similarities between Princess Mary and Marie Cavallier...both Aquarians - Mary, 5 Feb; Marie, 6 Feb - their names are similar - Mary/Marie...they look similar, both brunettes...I don't know why I am posting this, but it is just interesting TO ME...I don't know about you guys

But know for my question...on the DRW blog, there is a quote from an article that says Queen Margrethe may consider Marie becoming "Princess Marie Agnethe" so as not to confuse Mary and Marie...Is "Agnethe" Marie's actual middle name, or would this be the Danish addition to her name if she married Joachim? Because it would be too much of a coincidence for a very French girl to have a Scandinavian middle name, but I don't know maybe she does?

Who knows Marie Cavallier's actual middle name, if she has one?
  #451  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
on the DRW blog, there is a quote from an article that says Queen Margrethe... Who knows Marie Cavallier's actual middle name, if she has one?
Quote:
...a good friend of this blog has suggested Queen Margrethe might decide that Marie could be known as Princess Marie Agnethe...
I'm going to take this quote from DRWs with a major grain of salt. No offense to DRWs (I appreciate very much the time and enourmous effort they put into updating it on a daily basis), but come on, this is pure speculation at it's finest. I'm going out on a limb here to say that I doubt any close friend or Palace official is or will give exclusive information to a obscure blog on the internet.

Second, it's important for everyone to remember something about my legendary skepticism of just about everything: I never believe anything unless I either hear it from the horse's mouth or there has been direct confirmation from the Palace or other official PR people.

Furthermore, no one knows nor has reported, that I know of, Marie's middle name.


  #452  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Let's take a deep breath and slow down. The Palace has yet to announce an engagement between the couple. So let's keep speculation to a minimum. The idea that Queen Margrethe would consider a name change for Marie comes from a blog and is tantamount to hearsay.

Posts not supported with corroborating evidence will be deleted without notice.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator
  #453  
Old 03-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara
So many similarities between Princess Mary and Marie Cavallier...both Aquarians - Mary, 5 Feb; Marie, 6 Feb - their names are similar - Mary/Marie...they look similar, both brunettes...I don't know why I am posting this, but it is just interesting TO ME...I don't know about you guys

they may look similar on photos but for those who know them in real life they may seem very different because of one simple thing: difference in personality.

I mean: if, IRL, Mary and Marie are complete polar opposites in character, people may not see the resemblence so much..?
  #454  
Old 03-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
My own perception is that they are very different people. For starters, Mary was completely discreet during her courtship with Frederik, never misspoke with the press and continues in that. Marie.....well, if she has a rich stepfather it goes once again to prove that money cannot buy class.
  #455  
Old 03-18-2007, 03:35 AM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
My own perception is that they are very different people. For starters, Mary was completely discreet during her courtship with Frederik, never misspoke with the press and continues in that. Marie.....well, if she has a rich stepfather it goes once again to prove that money cannot buy class.
I think it's a bit ridiculous to insinuate that Marie lacks class. Her gushing about her relationship to the press signals maybe a lack of maturity, but not a lack of class. She seems like a sweet girl--maybe a bit naive. Let's give the girl a break.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #456  
Old 03-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
Yeah...Let's give her a chance.

However, I'm a little depressed about how Royalty is acting nowadays toward their wifes and husbands. I'm not defending hypocrisie, but there is too many divorces among the Royal circles and it's also true that Royalty is lefting its glamour. Royalty are today (at least, almost all of them) "common people" and proud to be. They wants to live enjoying from commoners "privileges" of having a normal and not-so-public life, but of course, without any lack of their own Royal privileges and money. Now, said me...If Royals becomes "normal people", except in the fact they are Princes, Queens, KIngs, etc...Why on earth they must keep being Royalty? They will be symbols of WHAT exactly? They must think about it, and seriously, for the risk of making Monarchy disapear is too high. People could ask to themselves: "Why...and these people who goes in yatchs, wears magnificent jewels, lives in great palaces , eats extraordinary food, travels wherever they wants in the world, etc, etc, works in a transnational enterprise and such...exactly in WHAT is different of me? Why must they live like they live if they are in all - but in the money and privileges- different of myself?" And the answer that could follows, could be: "Down with Monarchy!". And as a Royalist, I wish this NEVER happens. :unhappy:

Hope Prince Joachim could have a nice life when he marries sweet little Marie..and that some two or three years later we should not open a new thread named: "Prince Joachim's Divorce".

Vanesa.
  #457  
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether they differ from your own or not. It is all about respect in the end, so please let people express themselves without becoming overly upset.

I'll be blunt about this: play nice.
  #458  
Old 03-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Yeah...Let's give her a chance.

However, I'm a little depressed about how Royalty is acting nowadays toward their wifes and husbands. I'm not defending hypocrisie, but there is too many divorces among the Royal circles and it's also true that Royalty is lefting its glamour. Royalty are today (at least, almost all of them) "common people" and proud to be. They wants to live enjoying from commoners "privileges" of having a normal and not-so-public life, but of course, without any lack of their own Royal privileges and money. Now, said me...If Royals becomes "normal people", except in the fact they are Princes, Queens, KIngs, etc...Why on earth they must keep being Royalty? They will be symbols of WHAT exactly? They must think about it, and seriously, for the risk of making Monarchy disapear is too high. People could ask to themselves: "Why...and these people who goes in yatchs, wears magnificent jewels, lives in great palaces , eats extraordinary food, travels wherever they wants in the world, etc, etc, works in a transnational enterprise and such...exactly in WHAT is different of me? Why must they live like they live if they are in all - but in the money and privileges- different of myself?" And the answer that could follows, could be: "Down with Monarchy!". And as a Royalist, I wish this NEVER happens. :unhappy:

Hope Prince Joachim could have a nice life when he marries sweet little Marie..and that some two or three years later we should not open a new thread named: "Prince Joachim's Divorce".

Vanesa.
Well put. I totally agree. Royalty should offer the example of the "ideal" family; the members of strong royal families are in a better position to offer comfort and stability to their countrymen. (Spain is probably the best example of that.) If they are "human" just like us then I sympathize with their troubles, but I do not need them as royalty.

I don't think that royal persons should only marry within royal or noble circles. But I think that their partners should be suitable and that they should stay married.

When Joachim and Alexandra divorced, Denmark lost both Alexandra and a sense of commitment and continuity. It's a shame. And it seems odd that both Joachim and Alexandra are in such committed relationships so soon after the divorce. After such a spectacular disaster maybe a little reflection would be a good idea?
  #459  
Old 03-20-2007, 03:36 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Any news about pending engagement between Marie and Joachim?
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #460  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
There has been no official announcement, slightest hint, or suggestion of a supposed pending engagement or discussions of an upcoming wedding from Prince Joachim, the DRF, or Palace official.

As it stands now, and probably for quite awhile, there is no engagement between Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie Pictures, Part 1 Josefine Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 158 07-24-2016 05:14 AM
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 397 08-23-2013 03:24 AM
Baby Girl for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie: January 24, 2012 Danish girl Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 310 07-27-2012 02:28 AM
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie visit Lyon, France: January 24-25, 2011 dazzling Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 34 01-28-2011 06:35 AM
General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009 isabelle 53 Current Events Archive 399 08-17-2009 04:08 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions grand duke jean greece jubilee kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament oscars picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises