Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. She has no sparkle whatsoever! Even for someone who is only the "secondary" princess, that person still needs to shine! She strikes me as a piece of tarnished silver, that either has it or doesn't but certainly hasn't let it be seen. But maybe that is what Joachims is looking for after such a jewel as Alexandra? She took all of the spotlight away from him.

Maybe, Marie doesn't feel the need to grab the spotlight away from Joachim and she could be happy just being with him. Why does she have to shine or sparkle when she has no public/royal duties? If I remember correctly, Mary was attacked for similar reasons when she and Frederik were going out together, long before their engagement was announced.

Maybe, but the fact that she opened her mouth about the relationship before has soured her for me. True, she's kept quiet recently, but the prior history has colored my view of her.

And to add in my two cents, she STILL looks like Mary to me. To add to the hair, eyes, and defined chin, they both have fairly narrow lips. That's enough of a similarity. And they share a close enough name!

Wow, you're a pretty tough judge, Moonlight Rhapsody. One mistake and you give a person no second chances.

GlitteringTiaras said:
[..]in fact, she kind of bores me.
Maybe this is exactly the kind of thing that's appealing to Joachim right now. Not someone boring, but also not someone who insists on their own place fair and square in the spotlight, with a tiara to boot! I think maybe he's relieved to have someone in his life who is, or seems, fairly uncomplicated, the kind of what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of girl. Must be a relief compared to the interesting, but probably high-minded, not to mention high maintanance, women like his last wife, Alexandra.

I don't like Marie! And I fell a bit like Moonlight Rhapsody, she made me think this because of what she has done in the past regarding her relation with the Prince. She should know from the beginning that she was dating the Prince of Denmark and because of that she should be reserved and keep things private. She should never have spoken to the press unless things were oficial, this was her big mistake, she will pay it for the rest of her life. It is quite fair if Danish people don't aprove this marriage!

biboquinhas said:
It is quite fair if Danish people don't aprove this marriage!

IMHO it's bad enough that whole media believes to have a right to intrude in other people's privacy only because they were born Royals. But how can it be fair that other people approve or don't approve of a marriage? Joachim would have to live with her, not you and me, so it should be his choice and his alone. She is no criminal after all or comes with difficult relations.

MoonlightRhapsody said:
Maybe, but the fact that she opened her mouth about the relationship before has soured her for me. True, she's kept quiet recently, but the prior history has colored my view of her.

And to add in my two cents, she STILL looks like Mary to me. To add to the hair, eyes, and defined chin, they both have fairly narrow lips. That's enough of a similarity. And they share a close enough name!

You are right Moonlight Rhapsody, there are a lot of similarities between Marie Cavallier and CP Mary , even in their birthdays.
Mary 's birthday is on February 5 and Marie Cavallier on February 6.

Sira said:
You are right Moonlight Rhapsody, there are a lot of similarities between Marie Cavallier and CP Mary , even in their birthdays.
Mary 's birthday is on February 5 and Marie Cavallier on February 6.

Yes, but why is that creepy for some people? As I said before both Mary and Mary have a slight similarity to the young Margarethe and men have a tendency to look for similarities between their mother and their girlfriends.
And Mar -y and Mar-ie start with the same three letters than Mar-garethe...;)

So for me it's nothing out of the usual. Just think Prince Charles and Prince Edward and their spouses...

Or that the sister of empress Maria-Theresia married the brother of Maria-Theresia's husband Franz-Joseph... (These were the first I thought of, but sisters marrying brothers is not so uncommon).

I think all members of the Royal family seek the aproval of their "People" regarding their love choices! It it will unconfortable and sad for Joaquim if Danish people didn't aprove his relation with Marie! I think is quite important for Royal members to have the aprroval of his country, Royals "are alive" because their country supports them!!!!

I think this mustbe serious if she has been introduced to the Queen, gone on holiday with the family at easter and had her first official photoshoot with Joachim and the boys at skiing

biboquinhas said:
I think all members of the Royal family seek the aproval of their "People" regarding their love choices! It it will unconfortable and sad for Joaquim if Danish people didn't aprove his relation with Marie! I think is quite important for Royal members to have the aprroval of his country, Royals "are alive" because their country supports them!!!!
You're are right of course that royalty must have public approval of their marriage. I would be surprised, however, if there was any significant opposition to a marriage between Joachim and Marie. Personally, I think Marie looks like a quite nice person; she did talk too freely with the press in the beginning - but she has learned to deal with that it seems. There is no reason to continue blaming her for that IMO; she's only human after all.
If Joachim is happy with her, his sons are happy with here, Joachim's parents have met with her, I cannot see what should prevent them from marrying if they want to - especially after his ex-wife has married again. Why shouldn't he?

I really think that too - this is serious... but guys,can you imagine Marie doing all those Patronages actions, with a bouquet of flowers in her hands :w00t2: smilling to everyone and shaking hands etc etc:wacko:

Not to be contrary - but why not? I don't see anything about her that should disqualify her from doing it.
If they marry, she may also choose to focus more on their shared activities at Schackenborg; countess Alexandra clearly didn't like the rural life and preferred the higher profiled outgoing activities. Marie may prove to be the opposite and opt for a somewhat lower profile - and may get the opportunity to do so since Mary is now part of the royal family.

well, to be honest I believe that Marie would be very good at this part of her job. :flowers: she doesn't seem shy at all, on the contrary she is friendly with the press and she somehow likes the spootlights on her. however there is a lot of work which make place behind the cameras!

I think, If Mary will married to Joachim; It´s Obvious, She will be Princess. She will has many duties, but many rights too_On the other hand, Alexandra will be disappearing in the public life, in Denmark, and in the royalty world.

biboquinhas said:
I really think that too - this is serious... but guys,can you imagine Marie doing all those Patronages actions, with a bouquet of flowers in her hands :w00t2: smilling to everyone and shaking hands etc etc:wacko:

Whyever not? She is a well-bred girl with an educated background and has obviously nice manners, otherwise a conservatively educated French nobleman like prince Henrik would not speak so positively about her. If Joachim decides to marry her, I'm assured we can leave it up to Her Majesty to find just the right way this young lady could be of advantage to her family and her country.

In this week's edition of Billed Bladet, Marie opens up about her Easter holiday with the DRF.

She notes that she was fortunate to spend the Easter vacation at Marselisborg and that the Queen is a "...fantastic human being..." Furthermore, Marie was "impressed" by her (shouldn't it be vice versa?) The article goes on to say that everyone in Denmark is eagerly awaiting an announcement of an engagement, but she refuses to talk about it any further.

I'm not really sure what the rest of the article has to say, but I believe it says that she has not been given official advice from the Palace. Or something like that. I could be wrong however since I am still learning Danish at the moment.

If any of our Danish friends can translate the article (using your own words to surmize it), please do so. We would all appreciate it!:flowers:

To read more and to see the latest photo click here.

UserDane said:
Not to be contrary - but why not? I don't see anything about her that should disqualify her from doing it.
If they marry, she may also choose to focus more on their shared activities at Schackenborg; countess Alexandra clearly didn't like the rural life and preferred the higher profiled outgoing activities. Marie may prove to be the opposite and opt for a somewhat lower profile - and may get the opportunity to do so since Mary is now part of the royal family.
Exactly, except I dont belive in the lower profile part, esp not long term. Now the adult members of the family who perform royal duties are wht Queen and Prince Consort, Frederik and Mary, Princess Benedikte and Prince Joachim. the day Frederik is King his parents are not around anymore (or Very old) Princess Benedikte quite possible also not aroud for royal duties, so who is gonna do all the work that they do now? Frederik and Mary cannot do it all by them selves, it will be many years until Christian and his sibling take on royal duties full time, Frederik has been educating himself well into the 30s, and yes he did duties before that but not that many. So IMO Joachim and his possible wife will have quite a lot to do for many years to come. And I dont see any thing strange about a well educated woman who speakes many languages and seems open and friendly performing royal duties should be any more strange than any one else who recently married into various royal families.

GlitteringTiaras said:
In this week's edition of Billed Bladet, Marie opens up about her Easter holiday with the DRF.

She notes that she was fortunate to spend the Easter vacation at Marselisborg and that the Queen is a "...fantastic human being..." Furthermore, Marie was "impressed" by her (shouldn't it be vice versa?) The article goes on to say that everyone in Denmark is eagerly awaiting an announcement of an engagement, but she refuses to talk about it any further.

I'm not really sure what the rest of the article has to say, but I believe it says that she has not been given official advice from the Palace. Or something like that. I could be wrong however since I am still learning Danish at the moment.

If any of our Danish friends can translate the article (using your own words to surmize it), please do so. We would all appreciate it!:flowers:

To read more and to see the latest photo click here.

Wait, so she opened her mouth again?!

MoonlightRhapsody said:
Wait, so she opened her mouth again?!
That is what I mean!She is not due to be Royal!!!!!She will be a disaster to me! And in my opinion she will not have the class, the dignity, the responsability Mary has!:wacko:

biboquinhas said:
That is what I mean!She is not due to be Royal!!!!!She will be a disaster to me! And in my opinion she will not have the class, the dignity, the responsability Mary has!:wacko:

I totally agree

biboquinhas said:
So this young woman might have a different style on being Royal if she becomes Joachim's wife. So what? As long as she only says things the public wants to know but could imagine on their own ("I was fortunate to spend the Easter vacation at Marselisborg" or "the Queen is a fantastic human being") I don't see why there should be a problem with that. She obviously only commented in a well-mannered way about things that have happened (it's no secret that she was in Marselisborg and one hopes that she was impressed by Her Majesty) but did not give further information. Mary, Frederick, Charles, Camilla, Willem-Alexander, Maxima etc. all do the same. If Mary on her next appointment is told by somebody: I hope you enjoyed your stay at Easter at Marselisborg, she, too, will (hopefully) comment that she was happy to have been there...

So what's your problem with Marie? She appears in this last article (as far as I can tell) as if she has nothing to hide, so talks about the things she thinks do not form a problem for anybody.
I like such outspokenness. And obviously she made good contact to the (far more polite Danish than British) journalists and presents herself now as nice, open and honest girl who knows perfectly well how grand an honour she was given with this invitation to meet the DRF.

I like her, really I do. She has that bit of fresh and a bit naive air that will be good for the often all too serious prince Joachim. One can only hope she has learned from her past mistakes and talks only about things anybody knows anyway on giving a positive commentary to it.

UserDane said:

I would not say it so early that Marie doesn´t seem to be a city girl like Alexandra.
Don´t forget Marie´s background.
She has such a metropole background just like Alexandra did.

I think she has style; one of the jounalist from Billedbladet told that Prince Joachim would be crazy if he did not marry her. She has style look very elegant and is very quick like Queen Margrethe and Prince Joachim.

Okay, she has waay more style and "class" than Mary had in the beginning IMO. And I think she is very pretty. Okay, it's not very smart of her to open her mouth again, but I think that if they will get married, she will do good. And I think she really cares about Joachim, and vice versa.

Welcome to the board, Amager33:flowers: .

I don't believe Joachim and Marie will be engaged anytime within the next four months. Nonetheless, I could be wrong.

We'll all just have to wait to see what happens.

biboquinhas said:
Well Joachim has opened his mouth about her several times, and now also Henrik, are they not due to be royals either? Marie is not the sole one doing the talking here. Its clear she went overboard in the beginning, but since then she has just made some polite comments as Jo of Paletine says, about things we already knows. Beeing polite and friendly is one of the main "tasks" for the royals theese days. And by the time the danish court gets their fingers on her Im sure she will have the same "clas and style" as well, their turn-commoners-into-Princesses-program seems to be a very efficient one:lol: She`ll be waving, holding bouquets, wearing hats and saying "Fantastisk" in danish in no time:wub:

Billedbladet is speculating, based on a quote from Joachim, on an engagement in the next couple of months. He talked about how he would appear at a car race with his love, his beloved Ford Lotus Cortina from 1965, but when it came to his human love, one would have to wait a few months more to see how it would turn out.

Larzen said:
Well Joachim has opened his mouth about her several times, and now also Henrik, are they not due to be royals either? Marie is not the sole one doing the talking here. Its clear she went overboard in the beginning, but since then she has just made some polite comments as Jo of Paletine says, about things we already knows. Beeing polite and friendly is one of the main "tasks" for the royals theese days. And by the time the danish court gets their fingers on her Im sure she will have the same "clas and style" as well, their turn-commoners-into-Princesses-program seems to be a very efficient one:lol: She`ll be waving, holding bouquets, wearing hats and saying "Fantastisk" in danish in no time:wub:
I agree. It seems unfair to judge by a double standard here. Joachim talks about her in interviews, Henrik talks about her and both of them like her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom