Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the DRW blog, there is a quote from an article that says Queen Margrethe... Who knows Marie Cavallier's actual middle name, if she has one?

...a good friend of this blog has suggested Queen Margrethe might decide that Marie could be known as Princess Marie Agnethe...

I'm going to take this quote from DRWs with a major grain of salt. No offense to DRWs (I appreciate very much the time and enourmous effort they put into updating it on a daily basis), but come on, this is pure speculation at it's finest. I'm going out on a limb here to say that I doubt any close friend or Palace official is or will give exclusive information to a obscure blog on the internet.

Second, it's important for everyone to remember something about my legendary :lol: skepticism of just about everything: I never believe anything unless I either hear it from the horse's mouth or there has been direct confirmation from the Palace or other official PR people.

Furthermore, no one knows nor has reported, that I know of, Marie's middle name.

:)

Let's take a deep breath and slow down. The Palace has yet to announce an engagement between the couple. So let's keep speculation to a minimum. The idea that Queen Margrethe would consider a name change for Marie comes from a blog and is tantamount to hearsay.

Posts not supported with corroborating evidence will be deleted without notice.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Xeara said:
So many similarities between Princess Mary and Marie Cavallier...both Aquarians - Mary, 5 Feb; Marie, 6 Feb - their names are similar - Mary/Marie...they look similar, both brunettes...I don't know why I am posting this, but it is just interesting TO ME...I don't know about you guys
they may look similar on photos but for those who know them in real life they may seem very different because of one simple thing: difference in personality.

I mean: if, IRL, Mary and Marie are complete polar opposites in character, people may not see the resemblence so much..?

My own perception is that they are very different people. For starters, Mary was completely discreet during her courtship with Frederik, never misspoke with the press and continues in that. Marie.....well, if she has a rich stepfather it goes once again to prove that money cannot buy class.

Emily said:
My own perception is that they are very different people. For starters, Mary was completely discreet during her courtship with Frederik, never misspoke with the press and continues in that. Marie.....well, if she has a rich stepfather it goes once again to prove that money cannot buy class.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to insinuate that Marie lacks class. Her gushing about her relationship to the press signals maybe a lack of maturity, but not a lack of class. She seems like a sweet girl--maybe a bit naive. Let's give the girl a break.

Yeah...Let's give her a chance.

However, I'm a little depressed about how Royalty is acting nowadays toward their wifes and husbands. I'm not defending hypocrisie, but there is too many divorces among the Royal circles and it's also true that Royalty is lefting its glamour. Royalty are today (at least, almost all of them) "common people" and proud to be. They wants to live enjoying from commoners "privileges" of having a normal and not-so-public life, but of course, without any lack of their own Royal privileges and money. Now, said me...If Royals becomes "normal people", except in the fact they are Princes, Queens, KIngs, etc...Why on earth they must keep being Royalty? They will be symbols of WHAT exactly? They must think about it, and seriously, for the risk of making Monarchy disapear is too high. People could ask to themselves: "Why...and these people who goes in yatchs, wears magnificent jewels, lives in great palaces , eats extraordinary food, travels wherever they wants in the world, etc, etc, works in a transnational enterprise and such...exactly in WHAT is different of me? Why must they live like they live if they are in all - but in the money and privileges- different of myself?" And the answer that could follows, could be: "Down with Monarchy!". And as a Royalist, I wish this NEVER happens. :unhappy:

Hope Prince Joachim could have a nice life when he marries sweet little Marie..and that some two or three years later we should not open a new thread named: "Prince Joachim's Divorce".

Vanesa.

Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether they differ from your own or not. It is all about respect in the end, so please let people express themselves without becoming overly upset.

I'll be blunt about this: play nice.:)

Vanesa said:

However, I'm a little depressed about how Royalty is acting nowadays toward their wifes and husbands. I'm not defending hypocrisie, but there is too many divorces among the Royal circles and it's also true that Royalty is lefting its glamour. Royalty are today (at least, almost all of them) "common people" and proud to be. They wants to live enjoying from commoners "privileges" of having a normal and not-so-public life, but of course, without any lack of their own Royal privileges and money. Now, said me...If Royals becomes "normal people", except in the fact they are Princes, Queens, KIngs, etc...Why on earth they must keep being Royalty? They will be symbols of WHAT exactly? They must think about it, and seriously, for the risk of making Monarchy disapear is too high. People could ask to themselves: "Why...and these people who goes in yatchs, wears magnificent jewels, lives in great palaces , eats extraordinary food, travels wherever they wants in the world, etc, etc, works in a transnational enterprise and such...exactly in WHAT is different of me? Why must they live like they live if they are in all - but in the money and privileges- different of myself?" And the answer that could follows, could be: "Down with Monarchy!". And as a Royalist, I wish this NEVER happens. :unhappy:

Hope Prince Joachim could have a nice life when he marries sweet little Marie..and that some two or three years later we should not open a new thread named: "Prince Joachim's Divorce".

Vanesa.

Well put. I totally agree. Royalty should offer the example of the "ideal" family; the members of strong royal families are in a better position to offer comfort and stability to their countrymen. (Spain is probably the best example of that.) If they are "human" just like us then I sympathize with their troubles, but I do not need them as royalty.

I don't think that royal persons should only marry within royal or noble circles. But I think that their partners should be suitable and that they should stay married.

When Joachim and Alexandra divorced, Denmark lost both Alexandra and a sense of commitment and continuity. It's a shame. And it seems odd that both Joachim and Alexandra are in such committed relationships so soon after the divorce. After such a spectacular disaster maybe a little reflection would be a good idea?

Any news about pending engagement between Marie and Joachim?

There has been no official announcement, slightest hint, or suggestion of a supposed pending engagement or discussions of an upcoming wedding from Prince Joachim, the DRF, or Palace official.

As it stands now, and probably for quite awhile, there is no engagement between Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier.

Royalty are human beings too. They are not immune to the problems that plague the relationships of commoners. Two unhappily married royals should not have to stay married just to keep the image of "royalty" intact. I rather think it's cruel to make two people stay together when they don't want to be. Yes you make a decision to join together "til death do you part", but you can't always foresee problems that come up 5, 6, 10 years down the line.

Yes...But don't forget that all this may put in cause Monarchy itself. The common sentence (that I read here more than once and that it's the title of a thread in Monaco's board) is: "Royal are just like us". This is part of the true, since they are human beings, with human problems and human needs...However, the matter is more complex than that. Certainly, they are human beings, like you and like me, but they are in a position VERY different than the one me and you could have. And they have it ONLY for they were born Royals. They are not like some artist or rich men in the world who won their possitions by struggle and will (some of them... most of them gets it bt the way of delinquency or good luck), and then , they could do exactly what they wants.

Royals are Royals by Tradition, by their own birth. They don't fight to got their position. Their ancestor did. They represents the soul of a Nation, the mirror for people in their countries. Royal families are something like examples.

Every work (and Royalty is a kind of work) has its inconvenients. Our own has them and we accepts them without a word. We can't avoid these difficulties. We love our work, but not all of it. Sometimes we are tired and don't want to undertake a job...but if we don't do it, we are fired. Sometimes, we don't want to meet someone significant for this same job, and we go and meet this person, only for we MUST do it. We have no choice.

So, Royals should accept some inconvenients in their job. All things can't be pleasure in life. Their work is to be examples and preserving their nation values and traditions. They are not stars from movies, nor famous pop singers...They are ROYALS. But no...they wants to do everything that cross their minds, and since they have the money and the privileges to keep a regal train of life they find no avoid to do it.

Nowadays, main news about Royals are luxury, drugs, , magnificent parties, marrying who they wants only for the caprice of it, and then divorcing and marrying again another caprice, scandals, befriend of rock and spectacle stars..Did you really think that Royalty must be this way? My opinion is: no.

You may oppose to my statesments, that times changes and that they are Royalty for a new "globalized" era. O.K, you won. But in this kind of world, Royalty will not be welcomed. Why a person that is like you and like me must use a crown only for his/her birth if he/she doesn't keep a different life of any common man or woman you are able to cross in the street of any country? Absurd. The common opinion of "They are just people, like you and me", could cause the fall of Monarchy, and as a Monarchist myself, I'm not interested a bit in it.

There is exceptions to this general rules. They are Royals who knows very well which their duties are and accomplish them without repining. So, maybe they are the hope of the Institution.

And maybe Prince Joachim goes very well along with Mrs. Marie Cavallier. I wish I'm wrong stating that this relationship will not last.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:

Vanesa.
Royals...are almost human beings aren't they? ;)
See what you are saying though. Which is why, according to strict democratic principles, royalty doesn't make an ounce of sense in a truly, strictly, honestly democratic system. (with the exception of the truly powerless royal, in political terms that is, who just acts as some sort of representative of a nation, i.e. the Swedish model. The Dutch model, for example allows too much power for the royal behind the scenes, ugh. Not sure about Denmark)

Back on topic, we don't know in the case of Joachim if he ever treated his spouse badly. There are no documented evidenced incidences of this as far as I know. Maybe he did everything right, who is to say?

As for Marie, and whether she is the real one for lonely Joachim, I get the sense he seems the kind of guy who hates not being in a relationship and would prefer a not-so-perfect one over none at all. I may be entirely wrong here not knowing the guy.

And for Marie..she seems cheerful, which is definitely an asset in any human being. She is good looking too and dresses quite well. She doesn't mind smiling to the press, which is also good. She's a bit, well, spontenous, but that's refreshing compared to the cookie-cutter eager-to-say-the-right thing, boring answers Mary has given the world so far (for which I do not blame the girl, I think she's pretty wise taking the high road, but it's not fun for us royalty watchers)

Which takes me to sth else, Marie's resemblance to Mary. I think when you would know them in real life, because of their seemingly huge difference in character, they may not come across as similar to those who know them, if you understand what I mean.

royaltywatcher said:
Well put. I totally agree. Royalty should offer the example of the "ideal" family; the members of strong royal families are in a better position to offer comfort and stability to their countrymen. (Spain is probably the best example of that.) If they are "human" just like us then I sympathize with their troubles, but I do not need them as royalty.

I don't think that royal persons should only marry within royal or noble circles. But I think that their partners should be suitable and that they should stay married.

When Joachim and Alexandra divorced, Denmark lost both Alexandra and a sense of commitment and continuity. It's a shame. And it seems odd that both Joachim and Alexandra are in such committed relationships so soon after the divorce. After such a spectacular disaster maybe a little reflection would be a good idea?

Perhaps it is easier to move on when both ex partners are still equal parents, and seemigly friendly. It seems that they both approve of each others new significant others, so who are we to judge.

royaltywatcher said:

I agree that Alexandra perhaps moved on too fast. There are some causes for concern with that relationship. As far as Joachim, I think he had a few flings before Marie and they even broke up. To me, breaking up and getting back together might be a good sign because it could mean they took time to see how they felt on their own and see how much they needed each other.

I personally don't believe in divorce based of Biblical teaching so I think that royals have to be more careful when making the decision to marry. It takes a combination of love and also calculation because there's a job/role attached to the title. Yes, they are humans too and make mistakes. I know that. But I do like the idea of them being a model for society.

I agree totally with BurberryBrit. A love marriage, yes. But Royals must be careful when they choices their "all life partners". I know that this is very hard for all people, but they will try to know how to make difference between a "one moment passion" from true love...

Vanesa.

Acording to the magazines tomorow, Joachim took Marie to meet the whole family over Easter. That included the Queen, Prince Henrik and the Crown Prince couple. Prince Henrik says to Billed Bladet that this is the second time he and The Queen has met Marie.

This of couse leads to speculation in the magazines that a weding is forthcomming...

All this from /ritzau/

Here's the article with a photo.

According to Billed Bladet, Marie spent three days at Marselisborg with the DRF for the Easter holiday. Allegedly she has met the Queen and the Prince Consort for the second time as well as meeting Frederik, Mary, and Christian. Joachim and Marie also spent time with Joachim's kids. The article goes on to speculate that the couple will be married sooner than we think.

Link to Billed Bladet with Marie and Joachim here

Another article and photo from Se og Hor showing Marie leaving Marselisborg.

It was also at Marselisborg in eastertime that Mary was presented (and accepted) to the Queen.

:flowers:

There was speculation before Easter by one of the Danish magazines (can't remember which one) that Marie would join the Royal Family for Easter. It seems they were right.

Stellad

I also think that Joachim should't committed so soon. Why he wants to get married already so soon after his divorce? If he presented Marie to his family we can only supposed that is a long time relationship otherwise he would't present his girlfriend to his mother!!!I think he will make a mistake again and this time very big!

There is no way of knowing what Joachim and Marie's relationship is like. We don't know if there are wedding plans or not, but if there are, I'm sure they've given them a lot of thought.

On the other hand, I'd be quite surprised if they are already thinking of a wedding. It does seem to me like Joachim and Marie have not been together for that long, specially since they had a break in their relationship.

biboquinhas said:
I also think that Joachim should't committed so soon. Why he wants to get married already so soon after his divorce? If he presented Marie to his family we can only supposed that is a long time relationship otherwise he would't present his girlfriend to his mother!!!I think he will make a mistake again and this time very big!

ldt20 said:
On the other hand, I'd be quite surprised if they are already thinking of a wedding. It does seem to me like Joachim and Marie have not been together for that long, specially since they had a break in their relationship.

indeed. i think they will marry but probably not for some time. marie and joachim dont really have a 'biological clock' issue -which I think played a role in Alexandra's remarriage.

DRWs has dished up several great exclusive photos and a translated article by their good friend of the blog/translator, Muhler, regarding Marie and Joachim over the Easter holiday.

Take a look and feel privileged that you had a chance to read it.

;)

Well they could not be thinking of marriage yet but if she has bben already introduced to the family I think they should be thinking of something serious that after a while will be leading to a wedding otherwise he wouldn't present her to the Queen his mother!

Wow she looks like Mary! Heinrik must love speaking French with her.

He must be out of his noggin if he introduces her to his parents and takes her on holidays with them if he doesn't intend to go through an engagement.

Also, I STILL find it creepy that she looks so much like his sister-in-law. Does he have some unconscious admiration for Mary that he has someone who looks like her twin?

At first I thought Marie looked similar to Mary, but viewing the new photos of her and Joachim on the beach, they look nothing alike.

Mary has very sharp angular features. While Marie has very round and fuller facial features. For example, her nose. It's somewhat bulbous and undefined.

If Joachim and Marie were to marry their wedding, I believe, would be a very small informal affair. Her tiara will be very small, even smaller than Mary's and Alexandra's.

Only time will tell if this girl, Marie, will be the one for Joachim. Many hope so, but I'm still undecided about her. Nothing strikes me about her, in fact, she kind of bores me.

lilytornado said:
To be honest, I don't think she looks so much like Mary.

I don't either. Besides brown hair and brown eyes. :ermm: And they both have prominant chins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom