Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What boarding school did she go to b/c in an article it said that she went to boarding school in switzerland.

if joachim and marie cavallier ever got married what would her title be? would she become a princess or be given a title such as countess. If they ever had children what would they be?

Last edited:
I think Joachim and Marie would have very pretty children :)

He is not very good looking, so it must be the fact that he is a prince that attracts women. I don't find him handsome at all!!!! I don't know if it is the money, but maybe we don't know that he is extremely nice...something must be there.

Roxsteve said:
He is not very good looking, so it must be the fact that he is a prince that attracts women. I don't find him handsome at all!!!! I don't know if it is the money, but maybe we don't know that he is extremely nice...something must be there.

You've got to be kidding! I find Joachim the most attractive of the Princes apart from maybe Carl Philip.

Now I've heard his personality is not that attractive which would be very normal behavior for a very good looking man. Really handsome men tend to get spoiled rotten.

ysbel said:
You've got to be kidding! I find Joachim the most attractive of the Princes apart from maybe Carl Philip.

Now I've heard his personality is not that attractive which would be very normal behavior for a very good looking man. Really handsome men tend to get spoiled rotten.

For me Joachim looks handsome, too. But I don´t like some of his characters.
I have a feeling that he looks more like his mother than his father, and Frederik looks like a mixture of both parent sides.

Roxsteve said:

He's not. He looks like the Cryptkeeper to me. But he does seem like a nice man. And Marie looks happy.

It's been months, and it still weirds me out that Marie looks a lot like Mary (but in my opinion, "cheaper" than Mary)... I wonder how people on Joachim's side feel about that, particularly Frederik & Mary.

Sister Morphine said:
Why would Frederik and Mary care?

Well, it could be that a meeting between Frederick, Mary, Joachim and Marie is a bit difficult, as both Frederick and Joachim speak the mother tongue of each of the girls but only Marie speaks Mary's mother tongue, not vice versa. I guess they settle on English but still I can imagine it's not easy to really warm up in such a situation - what if Mary comes a bit late and they already talk in French and enjoy that talk? It depends very much on the character of the people involved if such a situation is handled friendly but as I don't know enough about that, I have no idea how this could turn out. Just wanted to add that this might be a problem, not that is must be one.:flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
Well, it could be that a meeting between Frederick, Mary, Joachim and Marie is a bit difficult, as both Frederick and Joachim speak the mother tongue of each of the girls but only Marie speaks Mary's mother tongue, not vice versa. I guess they settle on English but still I can imagine it's not easy to really warm up in such a situation - what if Mary comes a bit late and they already talk in French and enjoy that talk? It depends very much on the character of the people involved if such a situation is handled friendly but as I don't know enough about that, I have no idea how this could turn out. Just wanted to add that this might be a problem, not that is must be one.:flowers:

Mary could learn French, it could also come in handy with being a Crown Princess..

Princess Robijn said:
Mary could learn French, it could also come in handy with being a Crown Princess..

Yes, but I learned French, too for 8 years and while I am able to follow a discussion if the others are trying to speak slowly I much prefer if they spoke English....

Sister Morphine said:
Why would Frederik and Mary care?

I don't know... I think I'd be personally weirded out if my brother or brother-in-law was seeing someone that looked a little too much like my spouse or myself. Obviously it's not a big deal, but it's a bit strange. Although I suppose it's not too different from those people who thought Sophie looked like Diana and were weirded out by that.

politikgirl said:
I don't know... I think I'd be personally weirded out if my brother or brother-in-law was seeing someone that looked a little too much like my spouse or myself. Obviously it's not a big deal, but it's a bit strange. Although I suppose it's not too different from those people who thought Sophie looked like Diana and were weirded out by that.

We will probably never know how Frederik and Mary think about Marie´s resemblance to Mary.

But I agree that if my brother-in-law falls in love with somebody who resembles me very much, I would feel a bit weird though.

I think I would try to supress an idea all the time: is he secretly my ... ehr....fan??

But Mary looks more "noble" than Marie, also when Mary was still Miss Donaldson, she radiated very elegant and this is what Marie doesn´t have.

I agree with you. Marie's a little too trendy...she's an attractive woman, but I think Mary, even in her pre-Crown Princess days, was more classy and elegant in the way she presented herself. But obviously that's just my opinion.

And yes, I think I would feel the same way. Clearly we'll never know how F & M feel about it, but it's something that I've wondered about.

Jo of Palatine said:
Yes, but I learned French, too for 8 years and while I am able to follow a discussion if the others are trying to speak slowly I much prefer if they spoke English....

My German is better than my French but I can get along in French and generally if people in my group want to speak French, I use the language they want rather than impose my own wishes on them. Sometimes they start speaking in English but they get tired of speaking a foreign language so after awhile they switch to their own native language. I'm cool with that. It looks like the Danes are very comfortable interacting with other cultures and in other languages and I imagine the women who are interested in the Danish Princes would have that same comfort level or they'd get annoyed by their men very easily.

I imagine Mary must be learning French if only haphazardly. It seems she has a close relationship with her father-in-law Henrik and his Danish is quite bad, I don't think his English is that much better. People find a way to learn the languages of the people they want to communicate with.

Heike said:
We will probably never know how Frederik and Mary think about Marie´s resemblance to Mary.

But I agree that if my brother-in-law falls in love with somebody who resembles me very much, I would feel a bit weird though.

I think I would try to supress an idea all the time: is he secretly my ... ehr....fan??

But Mary looks more "noble" than Marie, also when Mary was still Miss Donaldson, she radiated very elegant and this is what Marie doesn´t have.

I don't think Mary looks more "noble" than Marie. I just think Mary has had years to look better. She buys expensive clothes, make up, has stylists, and doesn't do much around the house (well, I am assuming that one). Marie, on the other hand, is a normal girl who happen to look like Mary. I think she is better looking, but that is just my opinion. Marie would look much better in a few years after she gets married. Look at Mette-Marie (spelling?). She was far, far, so far from being "noble" if you want to call it that way. And look at her now...I don't think she looks very noble, but looks much, much better than before...

Marie doesn't seem like a "normal" girl, in my opinion. She comes from a very privileged background, lives a pretty privileged life and probably has a lot of money to spend on expensive clothes and makeup. Every picture I've seen of Marie is one with her dressed in very expensive, maybe even designer, clothing. I would definitely not describe Marie as a "normal girl".

politikgirl said:
A lot of brothers choose women who resemble each other - normally it's the same type as their mother is or, if the relation to their mother was not that good, the same type as a favorite aunt or other member of their circle when they were young.

Just looked at this picture of the young princess Margrethe - she was darkhaired and elegant, too... http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89781&d=1107725600
On looking at this pic, resemblences to Mary come to mind: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15174&d=1062438382

And here's a pic with Margarethe resembling the type of women Mary and Marie are with Frederick and Joachim as small boys:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110879&d=1110952657

Many thanks to Mandy for collecting the fotothread about queen Margarethe!:flowers:

While Diana and Sophie both were somehow typical for the type of "English rose" which is rather common in Britain (thus the term...), they were both fashionable, thus wearing the same style of dresses, hairdos etc. Nothing to wonder about that, I believe.

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:
I don't think Mary looks more "noble" than Marie. I just think Mary has had years to look better. She buys expensive clothes, make up, has stylists, and doesn't do much around the house (well, I am assuming that one). Marie, on the other hand, is a normal girl who happen to look like Mary. I think she is better looking, but that is just my opinion. Marie would look much better in a few years after she gets married. Look at Mette-Marie (spelling?). She was far, far, so far from being "noble" if you want to call it that way. And look at her now...I don't think she looks very noble, but looks much, much better than before...

It seems that you misunderstood what I meant with "noble." Sorry I didn´t explain what I actually meant more closely.
What I meant with "noble" was a kind of radiation, not those superficial things like expensive clothes or make-up. One can exclusively wear them but still doesn´t get that "noble" radiation.
Mary is very elegant, decent and discrete. She had these qualities already when she was still Miss Donaldson. Maybe Marie will be like that in a few years if she marries Joachim. But at least so far I don´t see much of these qualities on her.

politikgirl said:
Marie doesn't seem like a "normal" girl, in my opinion. She comes from a very privileged background, lives a pretty privileged life and probably has a lot of money to spend on expensive clothes and makeup. Every picture I've seen of Marie is one with her dressed in very expensive, maybe even designer, clothing. I would definitely not describe Marie as a "normal girl".

Indeed. Marie is not just a "normal" girl.
She has a very wealthy stepfather who owns a company where she also works. (How nice, no worry for losing her job....) I heard that she visited private internat in Switzerland. The tuition can´t be afford by everybody.

On the other hand, Mary was actually more "normal" for me.
I don´t know how much an Australian professor can earn, but I suppose that it wouldn´t be more than an engineer or a manager in leading positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'am agree, Marie is not a "normal" girl; I think she is less provincial than Mary comes from. Therefore Mary as crown princess has been helped about wearing or make up or something else.

Copenhagen please give a warm welcome to Miss Marie Cavallier! Well, at least Prince Joachim did, sort of.

According to Billed-Bladet Marie flew from Geneva to Copenhagen this past weekend. Once she arrived at the airport it was Prince Joachim's personal driver that meet her not the Prince. [URL="http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=5102"]Billed-Bladet[/URL]

DRWs has the complete article in English and several pictures of an over enthusiastic Marie. Marie is very happy

I suspect there wil be the birth of the new royal baby+ the baptism around about the early summer and after that, because the DRF will not want Joachim and Marie to take away attention from his brother and family, an engagement announcement- late summer perhaps. How long does it take to plan a wedding in Denmark- 3 months?

I think she will be a breath of fresh air to the family. She is what she is and comes from a decent privileged background. Hopefully this will be a good thing for Joachim.

juliana said:
I suspect there wil be the birth of the new royal baby+ the baptism around about the early summer and after that, because the DRF will not want Joachim and Marie to take away attention from his brother and family, an engagement announcement- late summer perhaps. How long does it take to plan a wedding in Denmark- 3 months?

I think she will be a breath of fresh air to the family. She is what she is and comes from a decent privileged background. Hopefully this will be a good thing for Joachim.

Mary's due in early May and the baptism will most likely take place several months later. When Prince Christian was born, October 15, 2005, his baptism did not happen until January 21, 2006. If you take that into consideration, the new royal baby will probably be christened in late August early September.

If there were to be another royal wedding, which will most likely be a really small affair, it probaly won't happen until 2008.

Only time will tell.:)

GlitteringTiaras said:
Mary's due in early May and the baptism will most likely take place several months later. When Prince Christian was born, October 15, 2005, his baptism did not happen until January 21, 2006. If you take that into consideration, the new royal baby will probably be christened in late August early September.

If there were to be another royal wedding, which will most likely be a really small affair, it probaly won't happen until 2008.

Only time will tell.:)
Three months between birth and baptism - still summer- maybe middle- eg end of July beginning of August. But the expected date is never, as far as the royals are concerned, what the public have been told so the new baby could be born sooner.

Unless Marie is obsessed with cold weather weddings- as the ex was and is, then she will wait until Spring 2008 perhaps, as I suspect they want to move on and have children etc.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Copenhagen please give a warm welcome to Miss Marie Cavallier! Well, at least Prince Joachim did, sort of.

According to Billed-Bladet Marie flew from Geneva to Copenhagen this past weekend. Once she arrived at the airport it was Prince Joachim's personal driver that meet her not the Prince. http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=5102]Billed-BladetBilled-Bladet

DRWs has the complete article in English and several pictures of an over enthusiastic Marie. Marie is very happy

They quote the prince as having said later thet he "watched the wedding of Alexandra on TV"....;)

Nice new pics. I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning a move from Geneva to Copenhagen.

i liked the photos with marie.she seems so happy and in love to joachim, i mean she always smiles and touch joachim with love. i like her clothes too and at these pictures her jacket is gorgeous.

So many similarities between Princess Mary and Marie Cavallier...both Aquarians - Mary, 5 Feb; Marie, 6 Feb - their names are similar - Mary/Marie...they look similar, both brunettes...I don't know why I am posting this, but it is just interesting TO ME...I don't know about you guys

But know for my question...on the DRW blog, there is a quote from an article that says Queen Margrethe may consider Marie becoming "Princess Marie Agnethe" so as not to confuse Mary and Marie...Is "Agnethe" Marie's actual middle name, or would this be the Danish addition to her name if she married Joachim? Because it would be too much of a coincidence for a very French girl to have a Scandinavian middle name, but I don't know maybe she does?

Who knows Marie Cavallier's actual middle name, if she has one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom