Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that I am expecting another engagement/matrimonial announcement sometime this year.

Stellad

BurberryBrit said:
Just out of curiosity: IF Joachim and Marie marry, will she definitely be a Princess or could she just become a Countess? Also, what would her title be?

I would not be surprised if there's an announcement by the end of 2007. :)

I think she will be princess. in Denmark like most european countries its customary to automatically extend the husbands title to the wife (like when a woman marries she goes from Miss to Mrs)

Mabel became Princess Mabel when she married Friso even though he was leaving the royal house.

I suppose Marie could ask to be called "countess" or some other title. she could copy the Duchess of cornwall who is the princess of wales but doesnt go by that title. but I dont think there is much of a need for that in this situation. there doesnt seem to be much public opposition to the idea of "Princess Marie"

GlitteringTiaras said:
When I first saw the photo my impression is that it looked as if they were saying Here is the family on holiday. My perspective of it all: It's a subliminal message, an obvious one to me.

:)

I'm glad someone else sees it too. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the two couples have been planning this one for a long time. The whole way Alexandra's engagement and Joachim and Marie's new family image have been planned and portrayed in the press is a stroke of public relations genius.

I take my hat off to the Danes! :flowers:

It seems certain that Joachim and Marie are very serious about each other. This pics are so staged, they are posing as family here. We may expect another wedding. And I am positive that Marie Cavalier will become Princess Marie, b/c wife always takes aristocratic title after husband. So there would be two Princess Maries.:wacko: :lol:

I think I see a double wedding in the horizon with Alexandra and Martin / Joachim and Marie!

Wow what a surprise!
The pictures of Joachim and Marie are great! Marie looks so nice with the children! They really seem to get along very well!
The boys really seem to like Marie and also Martin... :flowers:
maybe... (who knows) we'll really see another Royal wedding this year...

She must be a reall good skier to take her dog with her!!! Even if I was I good skier I would't risk myself to take, to me is very imprudent! She seams to want only his money, and his tillte, that is my impression.

ysbel said:
I'm glad someone else sees it too. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the two couples have been planning this one for a long time. The whole way Alexandra's engagement and Joachim and Marie's new family image have been planned and portrayed in the press is a stroke of public relations genius.

I take my hat off to the Danes! :flowers:

They (or the DRF) must have a wise adviser (or a group of advisers).

biboquinhas said:
She seams to want only his money, and his tillte, that is my impression.

Because she takes her dog skiing with her? Am I missing something here? :unsure:

yeah--what money? Denmark is a tiny country--five million people--how much in tax could they be paying?

How from a picture can you tell she wants his money and title?

kaffir said:
yeah--what money? Denmark is a tiny country--five million people--how much in tax could they be paying?

I can answer you that question. Alot we are one of the nations in the world who are having a wery hig taxrate.When we take a look at our payslip we can se that we pay about 50% of our salary in tax. Because we are paying our hig tax we are abel to go an se a doctor with out paying him or her any amount like u in the US. Just because we are a small nation we are not as poor as som like to think.

Last edited:
kaffir said:
It's not the size that matters - it's what you're able to do with what you've got ;)
And we're doing pretty well actually.

biboquinhas said:
She must be a reall good skier to take her dog with her!!! Even if I was I good skier I would't risk myself to take, to me is very imprudent! She seams to want only his money, and his tillte, that is my impression.

Well, Marie said in an interview that she goes skiing every weekend and that it's important to her. That says a lot to me: that she's sharing something she's passionate about with Joachim and the kids. I feel like this is serious. Also, how can you tell she only wants his money? Marie comes from a well to do family herself. He family's cabin that Joachim and the kids stayed at is worth millions.

I wouldn't be surprised if an engagement isn't announced for these two soon also.

Yes I agree I don't think it will be to long till there is a new Danish Princess!!

I have the feeling they will marry, but for some reason, I think that she will not be given the title of Princess but Countess. But that is just my opinion.

ysbel said:
Because she takes her dog skiing with her? Am I missing something here? :unsure:

We are both missing it. Marie has her own money so I don't think a title is enough to tempt her.

The only thing she has not been quiet about is that she loves Joachim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she will be titled "princess" and a also think that there will be a royal wedding in denmark this year between them.
But i dont think it will be a wedding like his his brothers wedding. It will be with foreign royals but it will be smaller.

I thought so too, maybe we will hear an anouncement right after Alxandera's wedding. Can't imagine 2 Maries!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

That is just my impression from all we have read and see of Marie! But please don't want a discussion because of that!!!

It bothers me a lot that she was photographed with Joachim and the boys. I don't know why. I'm happy that Alexandra has moved on and I like Martin. I guess I just really don't like Marie. I get bad "vibes" from her. It seems their relationship is serious and maybe we'll be hearing of another engagement soon, but I hope not.

christinacg said:
It bothers me a lot that she was photographed with Joachim and the boys. I don't know why. I'm happy that Alexandra has moved on and I like Martin. I guess I just really don't like Marie. I get bad "vibes" from her. It seems their relationship is serious and maybe we'll be hearing of another engagement soon, but I hope not.

If she's a serious part of his life, she should be photographed with the children. You can't be with a man who has kids and have nothing to do with them. They are part in parcel and that's how it goes. Joachim, the same as Alexandra, doesn't strike me as someone who would allow someone who is up to no good to be an influence or be around his kids.

Joachim has the right to move on and if he wants to marry Marie, then who are we to stop him or say that he can't? We don't know their relationship and what goes on in it.

Didn't one article say that Marie met Joachim on a dinner at Caix, which she attended because her stepfather is doing business with prince Henrik? I can't find the source of this information but if so, we can safely assume that the queen was in on the relationship right from the beginning - noone invites a young look-alike of her own daughter-in-law to a dinner, which is attended by the just divorced second son and is surprised if something comes out of it....

I think I read somewhere that Marie and Joachime got to know each other before he and Alexandra divorced.
Marie said in an interview that she and Joachim started to e-mail each other before his divorce, and that´s how they developed to a couple. She also said that Joachim had a very bad time around the divorce, but he has gone through it. (I can´t remember exactly whatelse she said, but the sentences made me feel, Aha, Marie is implying that she helped Joachim to work through his bad days or they worked hard together to work through the gray days around divorce....)
Anyway, I am sure that Marie got to know Joachim before his divorce, or even before his separation with Alexandra.
(Otherwise there wouldn´t be post here doubting if Marie was the reason for Joachims divorce. But I personally don´t consider that she was the reason.)
I don´t think that the Queen arranged the meeting of Joachim and Marie, because her son hasn´t divorced yet when the two met!

BTW, I am wondering if Joachim would tell Marie the reason why he and Alexandra divorced, and if Marie would reveal it to the media, not on purpose of course, but just slip a couple words unconsciously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jo of Palatine said:
Didn't one article say that Marie met Joachim on a dinner at Caix, which she attended because her stepfather is doing business with prince Henrik? I can't find the source of this information but if so, we can safely assume that the queen was in on the relationship right from the beginning - noone invites a young look-alike of her own daughter-in-law to a dinner, which is attended by the just divorced second son and is surprised if something comes out of it....
What I remember from the first interview is that they met at some mutual friends' dinner party.

norwegianne said:
What I remember from the first interview is that they met at some mutual friends' dinner party.

I think fate is so astonishing. You can go to a dinner party and meet a prince who might turn out to be the man of your dreams! Wish it cou happen to me. :rolleyes: :wacko: :)

BurberryBrit said:
I think fate is so astonishing. You can go to a dinner party and meet a prince who might turn out to be the man of your dreams! Wish it cou happen to me. :rolleyes: :wacko: :)

This has already happend to Alexandra. (And it seems that the same story would happen to Marie, too....)
Alexandra and Joachim met at a dinner party in Hong Kong around January 1994, I think.

If we get invitations to dinner parties, we shouldn´t miss them! Maybe our Prince Charming is waiting there. ;-)

Also with Princess Mary and Frederik! They meet in a party in Melbourne!

And I think Maxima and W-A as well as Angela and Max of Liechtenstein. Ah, lucky girls all of them.

biboquinhas said:
Also with Princess Mary and Frederik! They meet in a party in Melbourne!
No - they met in a bar in Sydney, The Slip Inn.
So we could always hang out in bars and pubs if we want to meet a prince:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom